Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo XC90 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Could your provide name of the agent you dealt with at dallas volvo. I am looking to get a XC90 2010, AWD with Climate, Multimedia - ANy suggestions on how much will be a good price?
  • Dealer quoted following:

Silver Metallic AWD 2010 XC90

Base Price:: 35,438
    Destination: 850
    Met Paint: 517
    Climate: 752
    AWD: 1880
    Profit: 300

Total = 39,737

I don't have a Costco membership. I dont own any other Volvo to take any other discounts. I would appreciate if anyone can provide some inputs and ways to obtain any discounts

What should be negotiating price on this car.

Thanks a Bunch
  • Is the line item discount of $500 for all buyers?
    Which dealership are you working with

Thanks
  • Please email me as you are not allowed to post sales peoples names on this site. You can get my email by going to my profile.

As far as price goes you are looking at an MSRP of $43,850 including delivery.
    I would aim for at least 5-6K off. I would also wait to the very last day of February. The deals are so much better!!! Also, make the dealers compete. Tell them the prices you are getting and ask them if they want your business. Search Autotrader.com & Cars.com for the best prices then contact those dealers to negotiate even more. The bigger the dealer the better the deal.

I hope this helps. By the way I took delivery of mine (the dealer delivered) and I absolutely love it. Mine is the base, but I don't care as long as it had a sunroof and leather. I hope you find your Volvo. Just make sure you buy before the Safe and Sound is over. Good luck.
  • I cannot get my email to show up on Edmunds. Her name is Lisa R.
  • Please clear up conflicting information I am getting from two different dealerships. One (a volvo dealer) claims the 2008 XC90 I am looking to purchase will have the remaining warranty of 5yrs/60,000 miles. This is separate from the CPO warranty that is offered. Another dealer (a no-haggle car superstore) claims that the 2008 only comes with a 4yr/40,000 powertrain warranty. Who is right? Thank you very much for any help.
  • oklahoma29oklahoma29 Posts: 4
    edited February 2010
    The 2008s had a 4/50K warranty. The 5/60 is a special this year. You cannot combine a CPO warranty (6/100K from original service date) with the factory. Call Volvo.com or search their site.

I would stick with one that is a CPO just in case something goes wrong. You may want to check out a new one instead. I started looking at 08 CPOs and turns out I only paid 3-4K more and mine is a 10. The 10s have way more standard features including leather & sunroof plus Safe and Sound. Hope this helps.
  • Thank you for your response, it was a great help. I also think I will look at a new 2010.
  • I am looking at the same car 2010 XC90 with msrp 38550 with quote of $36200 from dealer. Did you qualify for any other rebates (such as loyalty cash) to receive your price of 34300?

I would appreciate any opinions on the aforementioned quote which is $300 below invoice.

Thank you
  • jmmommyjmmommy Posts: 6
    Hello all,
    Tomorrow I am supposed to purchase my XC90 V8. Bliss, Blue Tooth. Black on Black. I already have a volvo so I will get $1000 loyalty. Because this will be before March 31 I will get that 5 yr maintenance. Looking to put 10k down (plus i will get 1000 loyalty). I was told the car is 50600. Checking the following:

-Should I really wait until WED, last day of the month?
    - Was told APR will be 3.49% good or not?
    - With the 10k plus 1k down on a 72mth lease I will be paying around 590. Good or NOT?
    -Are they still running the COSTCO pricing? I let my membership lapse but would take it out again if it will save me $$$
    - Can I negotiate DVD players in there, how low will the dealers usually go?

I really like the person I am dealing with and WANT to give him the business but I want to make sure I am getting the best possible price for our family.

The V8s are hard to come by close to me and I am having a hard time getting good competitor pricing. I live NY.
  • kyfdx%40Edmundskyfdx%40Edmunds Posts: 25,869
    - With the 10k plus 1k down on a 72mth lease I will be paying around 590. Good or NOT?

72 month lease? Do you mean 72 mo. finance payment?

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• crestonavecrestonave Posts: 219
    I personally would not wait until the last day of the month. I would feel like that would limit my options to get up and walk away in case something unexpected came up when I was finalizing the deal. Also, speaking for myself, it's great to be able to like the salesperson involved but all things being equal it's a business transaction and the best deal is what gets my business. Heck, I may never see that salesperson again, so how much of a difference does it make as to whether I like him/her or not?
    Hi Kyfdx,
    Sorry, 72 month Finance.
    Thanks
  • kyfdx%40Edmundskyfdx%40Edmunds Posts: 25,869
    Okay..no problem.

Scared me a little.. lol..

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Put a deposit down and we are going to sign paperwork tomorrow and pick up car on Wed.

The only question I still had was is there a Costco discount still out there?

I will post all pricing tomorrow.
    Thanks
  • finev8finev8 Posts: 2
    thx in advance for feedback.

received an offer from a dealer (not volvo dealer so no factory CPO, just dealer certified) on the following:

07 v8 sport
    52.5K miles
    DVD/NAV/Technology Package
    so this has all options except for climate, convenience and BLIS.
    vehicle is VERY clean, and carfax and maintenance reports check out.

offer is $25k. good price?

Mileage doesnt necessarily scare me, but of course would have preferred at least some warranty coverage. I'm just wondering if it would be worth finding something at a slightly higher purchase price but with volvo CPO (6yr/100k)?

side note-if anyone could recommend a quality 3rd party warranty, I'm all ears.

Secondly, if I go with same yr/model (minus DVD/NAV, but including climate/convenience), mileage btwn 25-45k, WITH CPO, what price might I expect to pay best case?

thx!
  • bitenmeinbitenmein Posts: 4
    edited April 2010
    --fineV8
    I paid 36 +Gumunt fees for same with 25K miles for an 08' from Crapmax. Love it since its still under factory, but bought the $2200 extended JIC warranty. As it turns out a strut was bad and it was a little over $1000 to replace front driver strut and bushing. I am not too keen on non-factory warranties, but its good for 6 years from my purchase date and total 99K miles.
    Nothing like own'in a Chinese luxury car.
    PS the suspension is very very stiff. Not like a sports car, but more like a moving truck. Curious-What brand tires are on it? 19"?
    Good luck.
  • finev8finev8 Posts: 2
    thx for the reply bitenmein.

what is 'JIC' (spell out please)? Curious to research the warranty, and assuming you mentioned the repair as it was covered by this 3rd party warranty???

dont know the brand but they're 19's.

I'm not finding much else out there within proximity to this offer, then again this without CPO/Warranty. I'm anxious to know others opinions as well, and any expert advice regarding comparable costs, with and/or without CPO warranty.

Thx again!
  • lostproclostproc Posts: 1
    Just picked up a 2008 XC90 3.2 AWD w/ Premium and Climate packages, 19.5K miles and CPO for $30.2K. THere are many 2008s on the lots right now due to the 2008 lease special that Volvo ran in 2008. I think this is a good time to shop for XC 90s
  • I am looking at a 2010 xc90 (standard, no extras) with 6k miles. This is a "service car" which i assume means it was a loaner. I am waiting for dealer to send me a price and in the meantime want to get an idea of what kind of discount I should ask for. He said price would be below invoice and possibly less the "stipend" dealer receives from manufacturer. We are eligible for 2.9% financing and would get 5yr/60k mile warranty and 5yr/60k mile Safe and Sound program (of course since the car already has 6k miles we are missing out on 10% of the life of the warranty).

MSRP on this car is 38k. What would be a great price? This is my first experience with buying a service/demo and I am a little worried that it has been used and abused...but I'm willing to roll the dice if I can get a deal.

Thanks in advance for your advice!