Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lincoln Navigator Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,837
    A midwestern newspaper would like to talk with someone who, in the past month, bought a luxury vehicle (other than a Lexus) for which no incentives were available. Please reply to jfallon@edmunds.com by Friday, October 8, 2004 with your daytime contact info and a few words about your purchase decision. Thanks!

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• phkckphkck Posts: 185
    My father in-law just purchased an 04 Ultimate for $17,500 off sticker. The dealer (in Denver) advertised 5 Navigators for $19,000 off sticker. He said he did not qualify for a few rebates.
    As the story goes, a local dealership went under and he had bought their remaining inventory. The tag on the back says PRICE Lincoln/Mercury.
    If only he had called me I would probably be driving a Navigator. His sticker $57,xxx down to about $40,000.
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    That's the "short line at the DMV" there. You rarely get a shot at one of those. I did only once, and passed it up. Always regretted it. I'd never pass on it again.
  • HoHOHO.........

In Bay Area (Silicon Vally). One dealer ad. for $16000 off MSRP and they have 115 of them available. The Lowerest one is $33xxx for 4x2.
  • mrammram Posts: 3
    Which dealership in the Bay area are you speaking of?
  • I am possibly interested in purchasing a 2005 Navigator in the next couple of months. What rebates, discounts, or incentives should I expect to see at the end of the year or just after the new year? Is 0% financing still being offered? What's the best deal being offered on the 2005s right now - are there any dealerships in the northeast that give great prices on these? Thanks.
  • lbinhlbinh Posts: 190
    I am an X-plan participant. That means Ford gives us the $761.37 above invoice plus the $3000 customer rebate plus and additional $1500 X-plan rebate. So, MSRP of $56,185 and invoice of $49,381.

2005 Ultimate 4X2
    Options:
    Cashmere Tri-Coat/ Camel Int.
    Monotone App. Package
    2nd row bench
    HID
    Power Running Boards

$49,381.00 Invoice
    + 731.37 X-plan markup
    - 3,000.00 Current Customer rebate
    - 1,500.00 Additional X-plan Rebate
    = $45,612.37 + TTL ($3,474.05)
    Drive out price of $48,798.02 with no negotiation, hassle free.

But....I think I can get a better deal by the old fashion hard negotiation way. I know they still have the Hold back ~$800.00 and the X-plan mark up of $731.37 money plus their secret incentives. In late 2003, my friend purchased the same option new 2003 Ultimate with Extended Warranty Service plan and 0% interest for 60 months for $48K drive out. From the previous posts here I should be able to beat the X-plan pre-negotiated price easily.

Do you all think I can get a better deal if I wait till September to December this year to purchase? I am aiming at a Drive out price of $45,000. I will settle for $46,500 Cash drive out with Extended Warranty included.
    I think you can do better than X-plan right now.
    Drove home our Navigator July 2nd from another dealership. We beat the X-Plan by $1,000. TDO was $48,000. MSRP was $56,185, after rebates and negotiation it was $44,600 with no charge power running boards + TTL. $11,585 off MSRP, awesome deal. Could of waited to get even a better deal but we wanted second row bench in Dove Grey Interior/Cashmere Exterior and 2005 stock with those options were running low around town (only two in Houston, now one with my purchase).

We got the 0% for 60 months for additional $2,000 and $0 money down and the 6 yr/100K Ford premium care ESP for $1,780.

Currently (early July 2005), they have Ford Family plan available for everyone, which is the Ford A-Plan similar to the GM employee discount offer, but it is even less of a discount and the price is $47,600 + TTL for the same Navigator.
  • pwinsteadpwinstead Posts: 1
    Hello Sylvia ,
    This is my first time doing this so i hope i do it right. Am looking to purchase an 05 New Lincoln Navigator. 4X4 Ultimate package with the optional feature of the Navigational System. I want to finance through Ford. Please tell me what i should pay for the SUV. Will have to travel out of state to buy it. Found one in Maryland , i'm in North Carolina. Also would like to trade in my 2000 Navigator , great condition 82k milles with warranty left till 100,000 miles plus all extras on the SUV , sunroof , 6 disc cd changer , etc.
    Last question. What do you think of the Expedition ? Good resale as the Navigator ? drives as good ?, etc. Any help you can give would be so greatly appreciated.
    Thank you and hope to hear from you real real soon. The dealership is calling me back today.
    Sincerely
    Pace
    Correction: The Family plan price after $2000 rebate is $45,900 for the same $56,185 MSRP '05 Ultimate. Gone is the 0.0% for 60 months replaced with 3.9%.
    I also agree, you should be able to get 9-11 thousand of MSRP with current offers & rebates. The trick will be in what you'll get for the 99. Right now, they'll give you the car, but they'll make it up on your trade.
  • Well - It was not a great car buying experience but I guess I am happy in the end.

July 1st, went to dealer down the street from me and and told them exactly what I wanted. they showed me everything except what I asked for. I finally told them that I have done mt research and asked them to do an inventory search and if they did not have what I wanted, could they get it. Any ways, we finally after way too long agreed on a vehicle. They played the old what will it take to get you into a car gag on me as if ive never bought a car before. They offered me the Navigator for only a few thousand off MSRP and offered me only about 50% of what edmunds and KBB said my 2003 Yukon Denali with 19,000 and loaded was worth (In the VERY LOW $20,000) I told the sales manager that they had a one time shot so out the door I went.

So - On to CarsDirect.com - Where I bought my Denali with NO HAGGLE at LOWEST PRICE - What a treat - A dealer called me within minutes. We have your car and gave me an excellent price (Exactly what CD.COM stated) Then they told me that they would give me $10,000 for my trade in then the other dealer offered - I made the deal after listing options, selecting a vehicle, receiving sticker etc... Gave them a $1,000.00 deposit via credit card and told them I would be in to pick it up in a few hours.

On my may got the old call - We sold that car, it was an error - sorry - here is you $1,000.00 back

Well NOW I AM MAD - I left the family vacation at the lake to pick up the new car (the only dy it didnt rain that weekend) and on the way they say dont bother - So after cooling down for a few days I sent them a letter asking for a meeting with the General Manager, Not the Sales Manager, but the GM to dicuss this issue, afterall - how could they sell a car that I had already put a deposit down on??? You couldnt do that with reale-state - All of the sudden the mood changed and it was, what can we do to make this go away so the Gm doesnt have to get involved.

Moral ofthe story - Got a new 05 4x2 ultimate white/camel NAV, HIT, DVD, etc... for Lincoln Family Price

MSRP 59,105
    EMPP 50,426
    Cash Back 2,000
    Total - 48,426.44

They backed off my trade $3,000 because the new GM pricing has made it hard for them to sell used cars but the entire deal was still $3,000 less then I agreed to pay the previous week and a total of almost $10,000 cheaper then wasting my time at a dealership going through the fish bowl process and wating an entire day!!!!!!

All in All - It was a major pain in the [non-permissible content removed] for me - but I am happy in the end
    You got a fabulous deal on a fabulous truck. Too bad the buying experience was a bummer though, it causes a lot of stress.
  • espolaespola Posts: 1
    The Ford family plan does not apply to the 2006 model year. I still think I should be able to negotiate a price close to invoice for the Ultimate 4x4. I know there is a $2,000 rebate and is there another $2000 rebate for repeat customers? I am turning in a 2003 navigator this month that is at the end of a 3 year lease. I will be paying for 23,000 extra miles as well, aprx $4,600. The residual value is $28,500. Not sure if I should buy it and sell myself, but i have heard the used car market is in a tank due to the employee/family plan pricing by big three. With tax on top of the $28,500 my cost would be $30,700. I would have to sell it for $26,100 to break even. Appreciate any guidance you can give me.

Thanks

Espola
    Your car (assuming you have 60,000 miles and 4WD, you didn't specify) should go through the Manheim auction for about $24,000 right now, so it's possible you could get your price out of it, but not guaranteed. Does that help?
  • Ford family plan now applies to 200g Navigator. Check with your dealer.
  • Just made a deal today. Friends and Family plan does apply to a few '06 models, and Navigator is one of them. Got a fully loaded '06 Ultimate 4x4, Silver Birch with Dove Grey interior, Elite package with Nav, DVD, power running boards towing pkg, HID headlamps etc. Family price is $54012.36. My dealer is going to pick it up from a dealer two hours away - no extra charge for that. I am trading my '04 Pacifica - fully loaded with 40000 miles and they allowed a full $1000 more that I had hoped on trade in, so I am a very happy customer.
    Around here, there is no negotiating down from the Friend/Family plan for any of the automakers. I was a little surprised that they were decent on the trade-in. That is what is usually the cause of great disappointment for me.
    We usually try to trade in - it saves us on property tax at licensing time and you don't have to deal with phone calls and strange people coming to your home and wanting to drive your vehicle!!
    Best of luck everyone .
    And we hope you're as happy with your Gator as we are!
  • heyjewelheyjewel Posts: 1,046
    Welcome to the club. I've got a similar '04 Navigator. Lovin it still, cept of course gas day:>) But yours has the 6 speed tranny and the new 3-valve motor, right? THat should be good for a scosh more power and mileage.

Anyway, enjoy. It's one nice ride.
  • I have been in touch with 12 Lincoln dealerships in the NY, NJ, and CT areas, and I have been quoted 12 different prices for a 39 month, 45k miles lease on a 2006 Navigator Ultimate with the Elite package, and monotone paint. With $1500.00 down, which includes the first month lease payment, and "inception fees", the quotes have been between $899.00 and $1007.00. MSRP is always around $60500.00. These quotes include
    $3000.00 in rebates. What do you think???
  • kennynmdkennynmd Posts: 424
    Does anyone know when the body style will change on the NAV? Chevy/GM is changing in the upcoming year.
  • the redesign is suppose to be late 2006 as a 2007 model.
  • vpomsvpoms Posts: 1
    This is the deal I have been offered in Southern California:

2006 2wd Cashmere tricoat with Elite Package and second row bench
    $1200 drive off, $726.36 for 36 month and 15K a year. There is somekind of special for the first 200 Navigators sold in Southern California region.
  • qwazrqwazr Posts: 11
    Can anyone tell me if the $2000 loyalty discount applies to Fords as well as Lincolns? I am coming out of an Expedition leased through Ford. Thanks
  • We see that the 2006 Navigator now allows for power running boards and the 2nd row middle seat instead of the console.

Where would I start looking into buying the parts to convert our 2003 Navigator and remove the console?

Our Navigator only has 22,000 miles and we'd be taking a steep hit ust to get the third seat although with three kids in cars seats I'm taking a strong beating from the wife to make a change.

I was hoping to be able to work with the parts counter and buy the seat but they were no help and in fact gave BS info because they did not want to be bothered.

Info Please :-)

Dave
  • heyjewelheyjewel Posts: 1,046
    Dave;

Why not contact some wrecking yards? There were only 2 interior colors so your chances of finding the right one are good. Although I think there were a lot more console 2nd rows, you still might find what you're looking for. Pull all the mounting hardware too.

Also, you could try wrecked Expeditions. Seats would look diff, but would be functional.
  • Did you have any luck? I got one dealer to quote me a price, but another dealer told me it could not be done (thought I do not think he checked).
  • herc76herc76 Posts: 52
    I was thinking about trading-in my 02 Navigator but the dealership is saying they will give me $11,000. The Blue Book value is $14,220. I know it's a hassle selling a vehicle. But would it be better to sell the truck?
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.