Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lincoln Aviator Prices Paid and Buying Experience

SylviaSylvia Posts: 1,636
edited March 9 in Lincoln
Have you recently purchased or do you plan on purchasing an Aviator? What did you pay? How did you negotiate?

Comments

• ghengiscghengisc Posts: 24
    I just recently purchased an 03 Aviator that had been on order for about 10 weeks. Apparently, This is how long it takes if you order the vehicle with the new dvd navigation system. I purchased a Premium 2wd w/limited slip, sunroof, class III tow, 2nd row bench, and dvd navigation system. The order price was 47,795. I purchased the vehicle off of the Ford X-plan which brought the cost down to 44,508 w/o any haggling. Then, on delivery, I was able to qualify for the 3000 cash back, the additional 1000 through Ford financing, and an additional 500 through X-plan. The final price was about 40,008 after all of the rebates. There was no trade-in and no haggling. Overall, the experience was pleasant. The only bad part about all of it was that I had to wait 10 weeks. If you are anxious to buy, Don't order!!
  • what is x-plan and how can i use it?
    thanks!
  • ghengiscghengisc Posts: 24
    It's a Ford program for business partners, friends and family. Most Ford employees have about 2 a year they can purchase on the X-plan. Most of them won't purchase their cars on this b/c they have the A-plan which is only for Ford employees and immediate family. They can purchase up to 4 cars per year on this plan. I'm sure if you could find or know someone that works for ford or hertz you could use this plan.
  • Just leased a luxury 2wd with Premium Sound System in Houston. With the $4000 rebates offered in July, the sale price was around $35,000.

The Aviator has been awesome. Comfort, practicality, and power have all been more than expected.
  • I've got a serious problem with my radio that has been going on for the 4 weeks I have owned it. The dealer refuses to fix saying it's not loud enough. This car has been in the shop for 1 entire week out of the 4 weeks I have owned it. Once for Rear AC unit. Once for stuck Thermostat which caused the engine to overheat, possibly damaging all the seals,as well as the transmission clunking. Once because the Front Transfer Case Seal leaked oil. And this last problem.. The rear main seal has been replaced. All the while they refused to fix the noise coming from the speakers. Even when the radio is turned off! I can't escape the high frequency humm.
  • mlwlkmlwlk Posts: 10
    I recently purchased a brand new (32 miles) 2003 Aviator with an MSRP of $40,225.00. After 5 long hours of negotiating with the dealer, I drove away in my new SUV having paid $32,540.21 plus TTL. My 2002 LS trade got me an additional $20,983.18 off.
  • i want to buy a 2003 aviator on long island. The msrp is 43,175 what should i pay?
  • I paid invoice plus got the zero interest sixty month term. I live on long island. It is incredibly nice to drive and own. Enjoy.
     Post any other questions. Good luck
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,828
    did you get the .18, or did they get the .82?
  • i just got a 2003 aviator msrp 45,565 for 36,797. 5750 cash back... long island
  • mrt9mrt9 Posts: 6
    I just arranged to buy an 2003 2x4 Aviator -- MSRP around $42,000 -- for $32,500 -- which includes rebates of $6000. I called yesterday with my price proposal, they found the vehicle at a dealership in Georgia and have gone to pick it up for me. Easy as pie! And just in the nick of time to take advantage of all the rebates and incentives out there, which helps out dealer and me (purchaser). I like a good deal -- where both benefit and LITTLE hassle. The car buying process can be a real pain with all the games the salesmen want to play.
    Plus, in a town where the dealer knows me, I will not be embarrassed to go to the dealer for servicing on the vehicle, because I got a good deal (not anticipated in June when the rebate was $3000 and they were talking MSRP instead of invoice) and I did not gyp them out of making a living either!
  • mangasmangas Posts: 1
    sirknightd i too am on LI and would be interested in a similar deal (invoice & 0%financing for 60 minutes). What dealer did you go with and was it the ultimate AWD 2003?
    Thanks,
    Mangas
  • I used Hempstead Lincoln Mercury.
    I dont think it was called ultimate when I purchased mine in May.I think it was called premium

I did get every option available except the chrome wheels.
    So I had awd, hid, nav, dvd ent.moon roof..tow..
    any other questions please feel free to ask

ps i think now it is 72 months instead of 60 months at zero per cent financing
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,109
    ....would be interested in a similar deal (invoice & 0%financing for 60 minutes)

Those balloon payments are a PAIN! ;-)

tidester, host
  • For an X-Plan purchase, does $100 over invoice, $2000 cash rebate, and 0% for 72 months sound right? Is that a good deal right now?
  • I bought an '03 Aviator on 10/8 after about a month of test driving EVERYTHING. I have every option (chrome wheels, tire pressure system, moonroof, DVD, in dash 6-cd changer, etc.) on the vehicle available except the Navigational system - and preferred the 2nd row bench seat. I paid $39,804 including delivery and the MSRP on the vehicle was a little over $50,000. This included financing a portion of the purchase with Ford Motor Credit (temporarily). I also ordered the spoiler now available on '04 models.

The vehicle is GREAT! I didn't want the larger Sequoia my husband preferred - because the handling was so much better on the Aviator. It was also more expensive. The fact that the 3rd row seat folds flat instead of "tumbling" is a big plus - as are the side airbags for my kids in the 2nd row.
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    You got a great deal, jerseygirl. And a great car too :)
    what did you drive before your avi? i'll bet you really like the power over the 'tree'.
  • dell26dell26 Posts: 9
    Jersey girl where did you go to get your 03 aviator? Sounds like a dealership I would like to visit
    your post from 0ct 7, was pretty funny. i remember reading it then, but i only figured it out when i reread it today. just enough time for the ink to dry?
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,109
    Better late than never! ;-)

tidester, host
  • hilnhiln Posts: 7
    Hi! I bought a Vivid red 2003 Aviator AWD sticker price- 45,760.00. It has the moon roof and tow package. and 17" spoke machine alum wheels. I chose the 40/20/40 second row bench. No DVD (we have our own we take on long trips) and single cd with cassette. I love this car! I looked at them before the rebates and the sales guy told me to wait and they would go on sale. He wase right. I am soooo glad I waited. The sale price was 43,239.68 and $6,000 in rebates. We finances some to get the extra 1,000 back from ford. That is now paid off though so it cost me 63 in finace charges for that 10 grand borrowed. We paid 37,239.68 which is a savings of 8,500.00 plus off sticker price. Of course I still think I paid too much but this is the first brand new car I have owned in my life and I love it. The dealership really treats you special- calls me for my maitnaince checks- I have 3 years/36,000 mi included including oil changes.

The fuel economy really stinks but I guess that is the price you pay for living big! I am worth it. I love the red color also. it has the leather parchmnt interior.

The rear sensors are the best! They make parellel parking a DREAM!And I dont have to worry about hitting a garbage can or the mail box pulling out of my driveway anymore! I wish they had front sensors for parking purposes too!

How does all that sound? Did I do OK?

Ellen:)
  • vinnynyvinnyny Posts: 772
    We just found out we have twins on the way, so I may be looking at the Aviator this weekend. Good luck with your big purchase!
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    U did good, Ellen. congrats.
  • jb7227jb7227 Posts: 86
    Just bot a '04 Ultimate from Pride L-M in Lynn, MA (north of Boston) - 3rd purchase from them in 4 years and each time felt like I got a decent deal. Equipped mine with every option (i believe) - DVD, Nav System, Pearl White paint, 40/20/40 rear bench, roof cross-rails, chrome wheels, Advance trac, trailer package, and moonroof. List was $ 53,800 - with incentives and discounts, i paid $ 45,800.
  • Could somebody post the X-plan pricing for the Aviator Ultimate AWD with options?

Thanks!
  • bmwloverbmwlover Posts: 9
    i am about to buy a black aviator with beige interior for $31,000 with 17,000 miles. It has dvd, navigation system, sun roof, rear park assist, 6 disc in dash cd changer, etc. is it a good deal?
  • quemfalaquemfala Posts: 107
    What year?
  • bmwloverbmwlover Posts: 9
    its a 2003
This discussion has been closed.