Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kia Sorento Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• steevosteevo Posts: 330
    Thats a nice deal.
    AFAIK, Panoramic sunroof is the only factory option on SX.
    What rebates did you get with that price ? Did they beat your financing?
  • lok888lok888 Posts: 1,749
    Is it a AWD?
  • steevosteevo Posts: 330
    SX = AWD and V6
  • I just purchased a 2011 Sorento AWD V6 w/ sunroof for $30,250 which includes freight.
  • lok888lok888 Posts: 1,749
    $27.7K sounds like a good deal. I figured I can use the $1500 loyality + $15000 competitive and $1500 Kia cash back on SX = $4500 total savings. How much did the dealer discount off on the top of these savings?

I have AAA and they offer 2.75% for 36 months. I wonder the dealer can match it or I will have my own financing for the car.
  • beantownbeantown Posts: 227
    edited January 2011
    Salesman said the regular warranty doesn't cover "environmental rust,"from salty roads or acid rain, etc.

I can without a doubt say this is one of the funniest things I've ever heard a car dealer say. By definition, rust is not possible WITHOUT the environment playing a role. I'd like to hear his explanation of what he thinks can cause rust other than elements found in the environment. Rust can't just happen in a vacuum.
  • Looking into buying a Kia Sorento SX FWD with Panoramic Sunroof. I will qualify for at least 2 of the current rebates going on now. Hopefully I can bring the price down between 27K-29K. Debating between Financing and Leasing.

- Has anyone gotten good lease deals around NYC?

- In NYC, is it worth paying the extra cost and getting a SX AWD instead o6f FWD? (I have had FWD in my past 2 Minivan).

- Bank fees - Pay it or Fight it?
    - Lease Termination/end of lease charge - Pay it or Fight it?
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,914
    Acquisition fees and disposition fees..

Generally, charged by the finance company and not the dealer.... negotiation fruitless...

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• HELLO! What dealership gave you this deal and DO You have the name of your sales person. Are you still happy with your purchase.
  • rkennrkenn Posts: 9
    I bought at karp Kia in Rockville Center. Bought EX model with sunroof, 3rrd row seat, and cargo net. Have to check what I paid, but I think it was a good deal. Got competive bonus 1500, Kia bonus 1000 plus bought under sticker. Had a better price from James Toyota/Kia in Flemington, NJ but logistics didn't work out. LOVE MY CAR!!!!
  • Could we please get a breakdown of the price etc.? Thanks.
  • mikebztmikebzt Posts: 44
    4cyl
    $22632.00
    I qualified for $2000 in rebates
    This was in NJ.
    Hope it helps others
  • Which dealer did you end up going with Kirama? I am also looking for a Sorento EX V6 with Premium Package 2.
    I am finding this impossible to find without the Limited Package as well, so I'm thinking I will be forced into buying that as well. Altogether that gives me a dealer invoice of $31,055, and I also qualify for the $1,500 competition bonus. That's still not as good as your price though.
  • kiramakirama Posts: 15
    edited February 2011
    Swift Kia in Davis California, they are great to work with (at least their internet sales dept was) http://www.swiftkia.com/
    Got mine at karp Kia in Rockvilee Center, NY. Got it with Prem pkg 2 and think it was @6, 400 after rebates and trade.
  • mtnman1mtnman1 Westerville, OhioPosts: 371
    I wish I would have waited until now to buy my Sorento. I bought mine last June. It was a V6 with the premium package. Retail was 31,100. Sold to me for $1000 below invoice with a $1000 competitive rebate. Out the door with Tax, Title, etc. I paid $28,883 I think. Now they are selling them $2000 below invoice and the better rebate. I have seen Sorento V6 SX being advertised $6000 off MSRP. I would have bought either an SX or the same thing I have with AWD. Didn't want to pay almost $1900 more for the AWD, so they had to get mine from a dealership in Ft. Wayne, Indiana and driven to Columbus.
  • Can you please list the PRE REBATE Sales Price of your Srrentos, and of course, exactly which model and options (which most already do), and which state the dealer is in. It makes comparison shopping much easier. Jus saying 'I paid 29,544' without stipulating if it includes TT&L and if it was post-rebate is confusing.
  • karchkarch Posts: 42
    Can you share with us what dealer you used? I am looking for a lease on a load EX AWD V6, and I have never dealt on a Kia before.

Thank you.
    I'll have to pull out my paperwork to check exact price. I bought from Karp Kia in Rockville Center, NY.