Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kia Sorento Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• boomer28boomer28 Posts: 2
    That is a good deal. I'm currently at $28,000 for the exact same model and options and trying to haggle my way down to that somewhere in that range. Or put another way, I am at $1,000 below invoice, before rebates and incentives ($1,000 customer cash and $1,500 competitor discount), zero down and no trade. Looking forward to driving my new Kia!
  • i don't think we are talking about the same model.the MSRP for my sorento was 26,345 before any rebates.28,000. sounds like your looking at a v6 or EX model.here what i do.take the total invoice and multiply by .03.this is the holdback.subtract the holdback and add the destination fee and advertising fee for your final price..(total invoice x .03=holdback,total invoice - holdback=dealers cost,dealers cost x .03=dealer profit...add dealers cost + dealer profit+ destination fee + advertising fee= customers cost.download this xl sheet for free to see your true cost

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/car1.htm
  • antons911antons911 Posts: 21
    I was offered 21500 with Costco membership discount.
    But decided to wait for summer til the 2012 come out, 2011 will have larger discounts then.
  • karchkarch Posts: 42
    I gave up on Kia, and just got a Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. Good luck to all.
  • Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,676
    A reporter would like to talk with someone who recently traded in a Honda or Toyota for a Hyundai, Kia, Ford or Chevy. Please email pr@edmunds.com by Friday, June 3, 2011 with your daytime contact information, the car models involved and a few words about your decision.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• andy2812andy2812 Posts: 65
    Hi Car Man,

Can you please let me know what the residual and money factor is on the Sorento LX V6 w AWD for a 36 month lease and 12k miles per year?

Thanks
  • gopoohgogopoohgo Posts: 1
    Hi there long time lurker of this thread.

Finally pulled the trigger on a 2011 EX V6 AWD with Premium 2, sidesteps, rear bumper cover.

MSRP $33.5K, price before sales tax, title, etc. was $28.1K. Qualified for the $1500 competitive bonus, $1000 rebate, and $500 with 0.9% 3 year Kia Finance.

Thanks for everyone's experiences!
  • We are interested in buying a 2012 Kia Sorento LX with convenience package or a base EX. How do I find out the inventory price? The MSRP is listed on the KIA website at $25,600 which inlcudes the package and destination fee. I have no idea how low I can negotiate the price.
  • surbassurbas Posts: 2
    If I finance through Kia Motors, looks like I can get $1000 cash back and $1000 bonus cash back for all Sorento models. There's also a $500 competive bonus cash available. I see a lot of dealers trying to claim you get up to $3000 in rebates. I don't qualify for the Military or Owner Loyalty. How many rebates will they let you use? Any tips on how to get the most bonus money I can? Do these rebates apply to Lease and Buy or only Buy?

Scott
  • rrbhokiesrrbhokies Posts: 108
    Pulled the trigger on a 2012 Sorento 2WD LX with floor mats and cargo tray. MSRP was $24,255. Was able to negotiate $1,555 off MSRP. Then the rebates: $1,000 customer cash and $500 competitive rebate. Negotiated price was $21,200 + Tax and Tags. Also got special Kia financing rate of 3.9% for 72 months. Highly recommend Parsons Kia in Winchester Virginia. Beat the prices of any of the D.C. area dealers.
    I think all of the rebates can be combined. I got the $1,000 cash back and $500 competitive bonus. I didn't qualify for the Military Bonus or the New Graduate bonus. There is also a $500 Kia finance bonus, but you cannot combine it with the Special Financing Rates. You either take the cash or get the rate. For me, I opted for the 3.9% financing for 72 months which will save me more than $500 over the life of the loan.

Advertising is deceptive. I saw a 2012 Sorento advertised for $18,997 recently, but that didn't include $800 freight, a dealer added $495 appearance package, and a dealer added $795 Paint and Fabric protection package that they added to the advertised stock vehicle. It also included every single rebate totaling $3K. In the end, if you back everything out, it came to just over $24K, which was almost the exact MSRP on the window sticker.
  • csuf1csuf1 Posts: 8
    I paid that for my 2011 in June of 2010 and mine has backup camera, heated front seats, white pearl metallic paint, roof rack, fog lamps, mats, cargo tray and cargo net, etc. I love it. 15,000+ miles and no problems. I talked my sister into buying the same one, but hers came w/3rd row seat. She paid more.
    Hope you enjoy it as much as I have.
  • surbassurbas Posts: 2
    I was offered $25,585 (not including the $1500 rebate) for a 2012 Sorento FWD 4 Cylinder automatic with an MSRP of $27,340. Seems like a decent price but I want a 36 month lease and the money factor they gave me was 0.00144. Is that a good money factor is it flexible? Also, can I waive or negotiate out the acquisition fee of $595?
    The money factor and acquisition fee are not negotiable. That's set by Kia Motor Finance when you lease through them. Your only other option would be to lease through a 3rd party and see what their rates and fees are.
  • brianf1997brianf1997 Posts: 22
    Just leased a 2012 SX with Sunroof, got it for $946 down (1st monthly, registration, etc.), $489/month including NJ taxes. MSRP was $37,150, negotiated price was $33,480 minus a $1k rebate ($32,480 total).

Good deal? I hope so!!
  • apcpaapcpa Posts: 1
    I just bought a Sorento from Murray Kia in Conchohocken, PA and here are the numbers. It is a EX with no extra packages. The sticker price was 27135. My negotiated price without incentives was 25855 - $1280 below sticker. According to edmunds the mark-up from invoice is 1450 so that says I paid $170 over invoice. I also got a further $1000 off from the cash back incentive from Kia. Did not qualify for the other incentives.
    The car is FWD with the new GDI 4 cylinder. Rated at 22/32 mpg. After 100 miles around suburbia stop and go driving I'm getting 21.5. Very happy so far...
  • ace_tace_t Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    I am trying to decide whether this is a good deal. Id appreciate your comments.

I am looking at a 2012 Kia Sorento 2.4l EX AWD with no packages installed.
    The MSRP is 28,835; Invoice is 27,700; Rebates (that i qualify for) are $1000 + $500 - so that makes my price before taxes and tags - 26,200
    My out the door price including 6% sales tax and 228 registration/title fee is 28,000.

Do you guys think this is a good price or am I being ripped off here? Thanks!
  • Plus a few other minor options like cargo cover and carpet floormats and things like that.

Paid $25,963 out the door. Used all the discounts from the factory, totalling $2,500. Remember that tax is on the negotiated amount before the discounts. Financing was 3.9% Milwaukee area.
  • I think it was a good deal, just purchased a fully loaded 2012 SX AWD, with options 39,700. Price with total discounts $34,000, including a generous allowance for my trade ($2,600 more than what I reasearched it should be worth). Joplin, MO dealership.
  • This forum could be a powerful tool if enough people post to it. I referred to it often during my deal hunt.
    I just bought the same car (2012 LX V6 AWD) in Vermont with 3rd Row Seats and 7-seat carpeted floormats for $24,895 off the lot after $2500 in incentives (so really $27,395), plus $100 "dealer document fee" and the tax and title stuff.
    Drove it right off the lot, through Hurricane Irene damage, on a 300-mile roadtrip. Super smooth!
    Good luck and happy hunting!