Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kia Sorento Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I purchased an EX 4x4 last November. The only extra option I purchased was ABS at a cost of $550. My Sorento is an Ivy Green with Stone Cladding. At the time of my purchase, there were many choices for colors. Which was a little strange considering how many posts I had read in this and other forums about the limited color availibility. The price I paid for my sorento was $23,500, and that included destination charges, but not the taxes.

Hope this helps.
  • sleongsleong Posts: 15
    Here's a link showing both the MSRP (retail) price and the dealers INVOICE. Hope this helps in your buying process!!! http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/d/kia04sorento/model_overview.html- ?refsrc=msn
  • 03lxv603lxv6 Posts: 126
    I read from somewhere (cars.com?) Kia plans to sell 50,000 Sorentos in the first year. What is the actual sale number?

From yahoo, the number certainly does not look good: 8451

Anybody bought a sorento in the Silicon Valley bay area? Do not see much around town. Actually only saw 2 thus far.
  • http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030903/law088_1.html

I'm not sure where you got your information. But from last November (2002) to this September (2003, Kia has sold over 31,000 Sorentos in the USA.

Check link above to see current sales figures based on the 1st of 2003 thru September 2003.
  • 03lxv603lxv6 Posts: 126
    Thanks for the info. I was able to find out their number up to october is about 34000.

How do you like your sorento? Is it major-problem free?
  • Has any one purchased a 2003 Sorento in the Syracuse area (within 100 miles)in the last 1-3 months? Need to know what to expect to pay. Also, are you satisfied with purchase? What dealership did you find had the best service/honesty?
  • msvcmsvc Posts: 1
    I purchased an Aqua 2003 LX 4WD with Alloy wheels, mats and roof rack for $22,000.00 after Tax (7%) and recording fees (~$60) at a dealership in Columbus, OH. I used Edmunds TMV price and pitted dealerships within 100 miles of each other (6) to get my price over the phone. I am pleased with my purchase and am satisfied with the experience. I spent a lot of time reading comments from this web site and came over to the KIA side.
  • dbgindydbgindy Posts: 351
    Hope you enjoy your purchase as much as most of the rest of us have.

Duncan
    Hey all, just found out from Kia internet manager that Kia is offering a $1,000 cash back from any retail stock Sorento's. The internet mgr quoted me $26,640 out the door for a 2004 EX 4x2 with ABS $595, Leather Pkg $900, Step Bars $345, Spoiler $200, Cargo Tray $75 & Destination charge $640.

I called my local sales guy I had been dealing with (I previously offered $26K out the door for the same package as above), informed him about the new cash back rebate, sent him the Excel spread sheet I created and the following URL's below and told him to make me a deal. Needless to say my sales guy came back with an out the door price of $26,273. Not only did he beat out the internet price by $367, but he included the Luxury Pkg valued at $1500 rather than the $900 Leather Pkg I originally wanted. Bottom line, I came out $967 ahead of the internet deal.

When determining what to offer, keep in mind that at dealer invoice, the dealer is still making approximately $600 in hold-back from the manufacturer plus some profit from any options not to mention any other manufacturer incentives (SPIFFS) for total monthly sales. If you do your home work, you can save yourself a fair amount of money. Helpful tools would be the links below and the spread sheet I created. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at the address listed in my profile.

If you would like a copy of the Excel Spread Sheet to help determine the price to pay for your 2004 Sorento do the following steps.

1. Click on the following URL.

http://www.yahoo.com

2. Under Organize, Select; Briefcase

3. Log-in: Yahoo ID = soreneto_friends
                 Yahoo PW = townhall

4. Select the Sorento folder

5. Copy the Excel file.

By the way, if you're interested in last years 2003 Sorento's, they have a $2000 cash back. My dealer has basic 4x2 LX models with roof rack & alloys for $19,995 out the door.

Below are the links I previously mentioned:

MSRP & DEALER INVOICE

http://www.autobytel.com/content/research/detail/Kia/Kia-Sorento.

2004 SORENTO CASH BACK

http://kia.com/clearance/index.php
  • Well not really, but I did get a good deal on a "pre-owned" EX with most all the goodies-I think the only thing mine is lacking is heated seats, 4WD though I do have that snow button thing-not that I expect to see any snow here in So Cal or really need a warm seat for that matter. I wasn't too keen on the color black-pretty but so hard to keep clean looking

This car was sold to me by a Kia Exec for $17,900 and had 18,000 miles. This is my third Kia-my first was a 95 Sportage that left this life in a driving rainstorm on the Hollywood Freeway. That one had 104,000 miles-had spent a couple years in Mexico and at it's demise still had the original clutch, battery and not an oil leak. I still miss it. Then a 2000 Sportage-a little fancier by then with the rack and spare tire on the back and a flashy red. This one was just as solid but has had some weird problems-like a catalytic converter just replaced at 52,000 miles(in warranty) and some other emission things.

I am sold on my dealer-I have the best service ever and just can't conceive of starting over with another dealer-though my family thinks I am nuts and has tried, without any success to at least look at the Hondas or Toyotas. Nah!!!

Though I must say-the review numbers have plunged from a 9+ to mid 7s since I bought my Sorento a month or so ago-as I may not have been so eager to take on another "first year" model. So far - so good. This feels and drives like a real car-a whole lot "meatier" then the Sportage. I am a thoroughly happy Kia driver.
  • lok888lok888 Posts: 1,749
    Congrats! I'm that glad you enjoy your Sorento. I just curious how much do you cost for a brand new '03 or '04 EX 2WD in your area, after a $1000 Kia owner loyalty bonus. I think the ratings is still 9+ for '03 model. But it is only 7.1 for '04 model.
  • Here in So Cal it seems to be very competitive-the only time I paid any attention to prices was after I found my bargain Sorento and then I saw about 3 "leader" ads for the 2003 LX, kinda plain for around $19,000 to $19,900. Nothing was said about the loyalty $1K. Don't know much about the 2004 except I see sticker prices up to $27K for one fully loaded, 4 WD, leather, sunroof pretty much the works.
  • Just got my Sorento. It is a 2003 LX 2x4 with 16k miles. According to the dealer, it was a Kia corporate vehicle. The interior and exterior are still perfect. They had it listed at $20,050. I had pre-financing and told them the most I could pay was $16,500. Well, it seems like they wanted to move their inventory, so I got it at $16,500!!! By the way, I bought it on a rainy day - I think we were one of the few customers that day. I feel like I got a good deal, what do you guys think?
  • dsm24dsm24 Posts: 1
    This will be my first purchase on my own. My parents own a 2001 Sportage & 2003 Sorento. How do I go about making the best deal out there? I want to do better than my parents!What info should I give out early as far as what I'm willing to pay, my trade in, how much I'm willing to put down. Should I go into a couple of dealerships and discuss what internet dealers are offering? If you can give me genuine info and have the time to help me out please email me at dsmeadows@msn.com thanks so much
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,971
    Edmunds is a community where we share info; we aren't here to act as an email clearinghouse. Plus posting your email is a good way to attract spam.

Here's a good place to start your car buying saga:

Buying Tips. Check out the Confessions link there too - it's a real eye-opener.

Steve, Host
  • Hi all,

I've been negotiating with a few dealers in the Sacramento area for a 04 EX 4WD with luxury package, ABS, and spoiler. So far the lowest quote I have is $25,515 after rebate.

How does that sound?
  • Well I went aheah and pulled the trigger on the 04 Sorento EX 4WD with luxury package, ABS, and spoiler for just over $25,500. Approximately $1,229 under Edmund's TMV.

I actually had Cars Direct searching for one for me, but they couldn't find one in a color I like. My price was $1,000 under theirs.

I think I got a pretty good deal. I was trying to get the price down to $25,100, but the dealers started dropping like flies at that price.
  • That is a good price for a 4X EX. You will enjoy your new Sorento :)
    So, you purchased your car online?
    I would never buy a car until I have driven it myself. That's just me. I play guitar too, and I will never buy a guitar on ebay or online. I have to play one, like it, before I buy it.
    Hey Steve - I'm interested in the details of the deal you got in Sac. If you email me at the address in my profile I'd like to chat with you more in depth. Thanks Steve SF Bay Area
  • I placed an order through Cars Direct for a EX 4WD with luxury package and ABS. The good thing about Cars Direct is that they lock in a price. They then search for the car in your area from dealers they work with, so it isn't like you buy the car sight unseen. You actually have to go to the dealership to get the car.

I ended up negotiating a better price myself using information from Cars Direct, Edmunds, and several other car buying websites. One web site in particular has some fantastic information, but I don't want to advertise the web page. If anyone is interested they can email me.

sleong - it doesn't look like your email address is public in your profile.