Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kia Sorento Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rick2456rick2456 Posts: 320
    I saw the same thing in the Atlanta area. Both Terry Reid Kia (cartersville) and Cobb County Kia (kennesaw) are adding thousands to the MSRP by the way of fluff add ons. Avoid them like the plague.
    Yeah you kind of paid a bit too much there. I just bought a 2013 EX GDI for just $800 more than you paid and I had $4000 negative equity on my trade in. On the bright side, you got a nice vehicle regardless.
  • trav06trav06 Posts: 14
    I currently have a 2012 Kia Sorento SX V6/AWD out for an extended test drive. It has 5k miles on it and the salesperson said that was from the Service Manager driving it as a demo. They would still sell it with the same full warranty as a car with no miles on it.

It has the panoramic sun roof, 3rd row, backup camera, navigation, and leather (standard for SX). They are currently quoting me $32,860 (before NJ sales tax), but looking at TrueCar and Consumer Reports I feel like I could get the same car with 0 miles for that price. With the 5k miles on there I would like to be in the $30-31k range.

Anyone who's willing to share their opinion/experience -- is this a good price? When people are talking about prices on here, are they before sales tax?
  • apnepapnep Posts: 15
    That sounds like full price to me. Considering it has 5K miles on it and next year's models are already out, I would think you could snag a way better deal than that.

Good luck.
    Thanks for the reply apnep. According to Truecar.com, the dealer cost for this exact year/make/model/options is $32,736.

If those numbers are reliable then we're close to dealer cost. I'm guessing 5k miles is worth about $1500 or so, so the price should probably be in the $30-31k range. But *full* price, do you really think I'm that far away from a good price?
    Offer them 30K. If they say no, then offer to split the difference. If they still say no. Decide if you really want the vehicle or not, and walk away...or not. It helps to point out the mileage, the build date and that it really isn't the color you want (even if it is). Also, I assume the price quoted does not include the rebates? If not, then I would walk away for that means they are really offering the vehicle for $1500 more than they quoted.
    edited June 2012
    I think I just got a much better deal. 2013 Kia Sorento SX w/ premium package, no miles on this one, for $31,800 after rebates/incentives, before tax, title, etc.
  • ramprasrampras Posts: 1
    Trav06: could you share where you got this ? Seems to be an awesome deal
    Freehold Kia. Other dealers couldn't match it which tells me it must be pretty good.
  • jcabornjcaborn Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    Just for anyone wondering I thought I'd share what I ended up paying for my Sorento.

I got an SX FWD with the premium package including most extras: side steps, crossbars,cargo cover and net. Didn't get the interior lighting or tow hitch.

42 month lease, 15K miles a year, at $425 a month with $3000 down. I got them to throw in an Oil Change package that they sell at the dealership that is good for 5 oil changes. This is the first car I've leased and seems like a fair deal to me although I've been trying to find out what other people have been paying for a lease with no luck, so I'm not really sure. I talked them down from around like $512 a month, and it seemed like they really wanted to make the deal since it was the last day of the month. Something about they needed to sell just a couple more cars for some quota, but I figured that was probably just BS, who knows?

All in all I'm happy as I really like the car and am comfortable with my payment, however I'm still curious as to what kind of deals everyone else is getting. If you have leased a Sorento please post the deal you ended up with. It's good for people are still shopping and looking to get a good deal plus like I said I'm just really curious. ;)
    I haven't leased a sorento, but you could think about it this way. The TMV via edmunds is about 32k (including rebates) plus sales tax and title (~2k) for a total of 34k. Take away 3k your down payment and you would be financing 31k at ~ 3%. Payments for that amount if buying would be $686 for 48 months or $557 for 60 months. By leasing, you save $9912, but you don't own the car. If you think the Sorento would be worth more than 10k in 3 1/2 years, the lease deal is not that good a deal. Odds are, it will be worth more than 10k. My 09 Boreggo is still worth 18k (trade in) after 3 1/2 years. And I only paid 29k for that (thanks to 5k in rebates). Something to think about.
    edited June 2012
    I already posted about this, but figured I'd post again after actually purchasing. I bought a 2013 Sorento SX AWD w/ Premium Package for $31,800 after rebates/incentives. After tax/title it came out to ~$34,805, and then they hooked my wife into the extended 10 yr bumper-to-bumper warranty (ugh) so we were about $36,300 out the door. 72 month financing at 3.39%, so we're paying about $435/month.

This is the first car I've ever bought, new or used, so hopefully I did ok.
  • lok888lok888 Posts: 1,749
    It looks like you did good on this. Isn't it like $37.5K MSRP?
    $37.4K according to TrueCar. One thing I should add, for those looking at my monthly numbers, I also put $8k down.

Purchase price was still $31,800 before tax/title/extended warranty though, that's the number I was focused on the whole time.
  • lok888lok888 Posts: 1,749
    This is an amazing deal. May I ask what kind of incentives did you get and how much discount did you get from dealer? I own an 2003 Sorento and I am qualify for the cash back, competitive and loyalty bonus offers. That's about $3000-$3500 from Kia.
    I got two incentives, one $1000 that anyone can get and another $1000 competitive incentive. I was in an old Camry that I owned so I don't think I actually qualified for the competitive, but they threw it in to sweeten the pot.

Two things that might have helped me-- I walked in there with an offer from another dealership in hand, so I got to cut out a lot of the usual bs. Also, I was there on May 31st (end of the month) and they seemed particularly motivated to make one more sale before the end of the month. They closed at 9pm that day and I was getting calls right up until 9pm with additional price drops.
  • jr2013jr2013 Posts: 2
    I think I got a solid, good deal. LX with convenience pkg. plus remote start, cargo tray. $25500 before tax/title, etc. Other dealers wouldn't match deal, got fair value on my trade-in, and $1500 incentives. Overall good experience and I really like the car.
    Which engine? AWD, 2WD? 2012, 2013?
  • jr2013jr2013 Posts: 2
    It's the 4cyl. GDI, which was why I liked the 2013 convenience package- it included that, plus heated seats, backup camera and UVO. Getting the better gas mileage was only way I would consider a bigger car like this. I traded a Subaru that was only getting around 20 mpg and I really wanted an improvement over that. Also, should've said it's the 2WD and does NOT have third row. With my own calculation after fill-up, I got 29 mpg on my first long road trip, very pleased.
  • I have been eye balling the 2013 Sorento SX Model FWD for 3 months. Have spoken to about 9 dealerships to get the best deal possible. It appears that the vehicle selling price is as follows: MSRP $36,500; "selling price around" $34,400 and with the current incentives of $2,000, actual price is about $32,400. I have seen in other postings that someone was able to get $31,800 which seems like a great deal! I want to lease it for 3 years / 15,000 miles with minimum drive offs. Any ideas as to what I can do to figure out "money factor" and "residuals" to estimate what my monthly should be? Thanks!