Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kia Sorento Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1232425262729»

Comments

• stistiestistie Posts: 3
    Thanks for your feedback. I have now found a new 2013 with less than 3,000 miles on it. They have it listed for $27,640. It's an sx without sunroof or navigation which is not a big deal for me. It was an executive loaner for the dealership. Price seems really good so wondering what you guys thought for a good asking price. I am located in St. Louis.
  • tablefattablefat Posts: 7
    Getting warmer:-)
  • trav06trav06 Posts: 14
    I don't like how they can call something with under 5k miles on it "new". Buy a new car, drive it for 4k miles and see if they'll give you full value back for it.

Anyway, does the SX in question have AWD? The TrueCar price estimate for the SX AWD without sunroof and nav is $29k. For the 2WD version it's about $27.4k. Would it come with the full 10yr/100k warranty?
  • tablefattablefat Posts: 7
    FWIW:

I had a Dodge dealer with a "New" Demo (oxymoron, right?) with 3K on it that was an Executive Loaner only used by the owners wife (like I believed that). They wouldn't mark down the price, but did add 3K onto the life of the warranty. Nice of them, huh?

I did a little research on pricing Demos back when I was looking. There is no set standard on pricing it seems. A vehicle with 5K is considered "Used," whether it has been or not. I believe the cutoff is about 5 thousand miles.

A dealer gets a kickback from the manufacturer when it puts a vehicle into "Demo Status." They are allowed a certain amount of vehicles to use as Demos.

You are entitled to all incentives and rebates when purchasing a Demo. People disagree about how much should be subtracted from the price of a Demo. Some say it's a per mile charge to the dealer, some say it is a percentage of Retail.

IMHO: I think its a combination of the two. About a 4 to 6% Flat charge plus .35 cents a mile.
  • Considering a 2012 Sorento EX with approx. 15K miles in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. It has all the bells and whistles -- leather, two sunroofs, running boards, infinity audio, heated seats, 3rd row seating. Dealer has it listed at $25K but I'm thinking that's a bit on the high side. I could probably get into a new Sorento at that price or a little more. Any thoughts on what would be a reasonable offer? Thanks.