Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Jeep Cherokee (All) Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• frueanfruean Posts: 2
    is 6,000 dollars too much for a 1999 jeep grand cherokee limited with 130,000 miles on it.
  • xscoutxscout Posts: 141
    The edmunds.com site is a real good resource to check out. I took a quick look assuming 2wd and average condition and it said $3,600 to $4,600 was about right.
  • canuck785canuck785 Posts: 160
    bough my 2001 Cherokee Limited 4WD last month, had 96K on it, IMPECCABLE inside and out paid 7400$...all options but the leather
    according to edmunds, I paid too much but according to KKB and the NADA, it was right on the money.
  • pikalapikala Posts: 2
    In Jan. 07 I purchased a used 03 Grand Cherokee Laredo with 63k miles, I paid $12,350
  • Hi, great site
    I have a couple of questions.
    Been pricing several different cars.

1. Equiped a 2007 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 which has a $42,720 MSRP, what is the going rate for the final sale price including rebates?
    2. What is the MF for this car with a 36k, 3 yr lease?
    3. What is the residual value?
    4. Can multiple SD's be included and how many?
    Thanks for your time on this matter.
  • My wife and I are considering buying a used Grand Cherokee. Should we wait until the Fall when the new models come out? Would that lower the prices of the used GC's that are out now? We are trying to get the best deal.
  • coolridercoolrider Posts: 84
    I would say it depends on what you are looking for. Rock bottom price can be had anytime because of depreciation and the market over time. If you are looking for a certified Jeep the model year comes into play because of the criteria used. The oil prices have sent many V8 SUV owners to smaller vehicles thereby flooding and depressing prices in the market. If fuel economy is of no concern there are a lot of good deals to be had now. I guess the question is how used of a Jeep you want. The diesel Jeeps new and used are going for a premium as diesels normally will hold their value better. Hope that helps
  • Thank you tons, that does help a lot.
  • coolridercoolrider Posts: 84
    Your quite welcome, good luck on your search :shades:
  • Question about upcoming Lease....

How much lower can i get??

2007 Laredo V6, with Leather, Moonroof, etc - MSRP $32,785
    Dealer Incentives $4000

39 Mo, 12K year, $389 plus tax per mo, $1000 drive off

Trading In Audi A4, 2 months left on 48 month lease. Relatively good condition. Couple dings in back fender. Under miles.

Could I get down to $389 including tax per mo?
  • tdwrigtdwrig Posts: 3
    I'm looking at buying a 1999 Jeep Cherokee Limited (4wd) from an individual seller for $4,950 for my 17 year old son to drive. The Jeep has 79035 mi. Overall it is pretty clean. Only issues are: (1) dent in fender due to mishap with parking lot light pole; (2)passenger side power window does not work (3)Will need new tires. Seller will not go any lower. I always loved the durability of the Cherokees Is this too much to pay?
  • xscoutxscout Posts: 141
    Brake rotors and power window operators were two of the weak spots. To fix the power windows usually requires the entire assembly to be replaced and it is common for all of them to be replaced over a shorter than usual period of time. The brake rotor problem is fixed by putting some thing other than factory rotors on the vehicle. I would see if the owner can give you a service history so you can see what has been done already and also go by the dealer with the vin number (as well as do a carfax)to see the Jeep's service and warranty history. I just put four tires on my jeep the other day and it ran $331 out the door for P225/75 Uniroyal Liberators at Wal-Mart. They are great vehicles to drive and easier than average to work on so if you can check it out good go for it. Check the price on edmunds.com and the kbb.com site to see if the price sounds decent. Good luck!
  • tdwrigtdwrig Posts: 3
    Thanks for the advice!
  • kokkonyckokkonyc Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2007 Grand Cherokee Laredo with 26X package, and a few other options. MSRP was $35,660. I ended up paying $29,660 which included the $4000 factory rebate. On top, they also ended up paying my last 6 lease payments which equaled $1500. How did I do?
  • Hi all, just got back from 1 dealership and I need help.

What I am looking at:

2007 Laredo with the 26X package and the Navigation/Rear Camera

I am supposed to be getting my affiliate 1% under invoice plus incentives.

MSRP sticker price is $38,500
    They are offering me the vehicle for $30,900 which supposedly is 1% under invoice and includes the $4,000 factory cash.

At first he was offering me $469 for 39 months with 10.5k miles and $2500 down which I thought was extremely absurd.

Then they offered me $469 for 39 months with 12.5k miles and $3500 down

As I was walking out he asked if he "could do $450" would I be interested

What should I be paying a month? He said residual on the GC was 44% on the 36 month

If thats a good deal I might be out of my comfort zone. :confuse:

They said
  • Ok, so here are the details...

2007 Grand Cherokee Limited
    5.7 HEMI
    Fully Loaded with Navigation/Leather/Tow/Everything except DVD Entertainment (no kids)

12,000 Miles Per Year

Sticker Price $43,460
    Cash Down $2,000
    27 Month Lease $467 per month
    End of Term Buy Out $20,780

I had a 2005 Ford Taurus I needed to trade in that I owed $10,700 on and it had 37,500 miles on it. They took that and paid off the negative equity on it (which I figure was at least $2,000.

Can someone please tell me if I did good (I think I did but need someone to level with me).
  • I'm also looking at an Overland, but hoping the rebates will renew next month when my Crossfire lease is up. I'd say you did extremely well.

Now if I could only get "affiliate 1% under invoice" which I don't have, it would save me the trouble of negotiating.
  • mf15mf15 Posts: 158
    Well I can tell you this on a 4x4 GC with 26x and sat radio.
    MSRP 34.995, using affiliate program and lease loyality for a total of 6000 in rebates, on a 27 month 10500 mile per year lease the payment is 356.65 plus tax with 535.75 drive out. This is not as good as a lease deal I got on my 04, at the time there were 7250 in rebates, I am only paying
    281 plus tax a month right now on a base 4x4 GC.
    Also just yesterday Chrysler came out with lifetime powertrain warranty, it is there hope that they will not need so much incentives to sell their Jeeps and cars.
    While this is nice for buyers, I really do not care about it would rather have lower payments. It will be interesting to see if rebates increase in August but this now makes it less likely. Old Mike
  • It actually looks like they put a hold on Production in order to sell out current inventory.

Actually just by my looking around it would appear there is less inventory than last year at this time.

Who knows though...I am a Realtor not a car salesman
  • nlp311nlp311 Posts: 2
    I am looking to purchase a Laredo with the new body style, in the MD/DC/VA metro area. I have found a 06' that I really like from a well respected dealer. The specifics are as follows:

06' Laredo
    38,000 miles
    $18,677
    Has Warranty

This price is a bit much for me and wanted to know how much room I have to neotiate..I am trying to stay as close to $15,000 (without oin over as possible) is this a long shot, especially for this vehicle? I know KBB and Edmunds pricing but still think this may be a bit high...
  • Recently bought a Green 2005 Jeep GC Laredo 4X4, Leather, moonroof, 6 disc MP3 compatible CD changer, 30K miles for $17,000 plus tax & title. The starting price was $19,500.00. I am very happy with this as I still have ~6K of the bumper to bumper warranty left. It is in excellent condition with only minor wear noticeable, and the dealer put new brakes on prior to purchase. It was an off lease vehicle bought by the dealer at a Chrysler dealer only sale, I negotiated the price after they bought, but before they had it delivered to the dealer site. Hope this is of help. GD
  • nlp311nlp311 Posts: 2
    Great info. Thanks!!!
  • jeff73jeff73 Posts: 1
    Looking at a 2007 Laredo $35K sticker ($32K invoice). Friends and Family pricing access and $6K of current lease rebates (2004 Durango lease is up in three months). Any thoughts around either a potential lease payment or the money factor and residual value? I live in Indianapolis.
  • mf15mf15 Posts: 158
    I have the affiliate program on a about 35K car with all the current rebates the payment is 356 month plus tax. That is for a 27 month lease.
    This is with a drive out of about 400. The rebates back in 04 were 7200, my lease is up aug 26 but I might extent for a month just to see if the rebates get any better. Old Mike
  • sduncansduncan Posts: 1
    I have a price quote on a new 07 GC that stickers at 42,865 of 35,000 which includes the $3,500 rebate. Seems like an ok price, not good and certainly not great to me. Does anyone have any thoughts?

The manager gave me a invoice price that was 700 over what edmunds lists for the car. Is it possible that the invoice price actually varies?
  • Just closed lease deal MSRP 30,025(Basic 4x2 trim w/Sun & Fun group); 39m/15k per, 1k down and $345.00/month?
  • Just signed on a finance for a 2007 Laredo 4x4 with the 26X package for $31,000 plus tax & fees. I chose the 0% APR for 60 mos. instead of the $4000 cash back. For an additional $395, they're installing Park Sense.
    How did I do?

26X w/ after market Park Sense
    $31,395 + tax & fees
    0% APR for 60 mos.

Long Island, NY
  • verdugoverdugo Posts: 2,020
    Hello. I have a question I hope you will be able to help me. I'm interested in buying an 08 Limited. I'm in Sacramento, CA and for some reason there are very few 08's around. My dealer located one nearby and he can do a delaer trade. The price is good (invoice minus rebates), but I'm hesitant because it's one of the first ones produced. The VIN ends in 8C101524.

I'm just afraid that with such an early build they didn't have a chance to work out all the bugs/gremlins/etc.

I am in no hurry to buy, but I do want to take advantage of the current rebates. Should I get this one or wait for a more recent build? Also, what do you think about the price?

TIA,

Angel
  • I just got (10/13/07) my 2007 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4 26E package with the following options:

Tow Package
    Optional OWL tires
    Optional Jeep Metallic Green Color
    Premium Floor mats
    walked out of the dealer with only 18 miles on the odometer.

Window Sticker was $31,205
    Price Paid was: $26,400 + tax and fees with 0% finance for 60 months like you.

I opt out of $4000 cash back and went with the 0% finance and paid no down payment at all. Everything was included in my loan so I bought a gap insurance in case of a totaled vehicle.

I think your deal was good. What do you think about mine?