Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Jeep Cherokee (All) Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Just picked up a 26x package in NY for $19,500, before tax and warranty. Did this with employee pricing (all AARP members get employee pricing) then all the rebates and discounts. Had to shop around a lot, but I got this deal from an internet manager after sending emails to every dealer on Long Island.
  • domzdomz Posts: 11
    trader85 is that brand new if it is thats AWESOME and gets me mad at myself for not responsibly shopping.. If these are the same cars ( mine 2008 brand new ) thats a 6000.00 difference thats out of hand.... One question when you say before warranty what do U mean.. if its a 2008 brand new it has the lifetime powertrain and 3/36 basic.. Did you by that extended chrylser warranty... ??
    Wanted to ask also is yours a 4x4 as I was not sure if all 26x packages meant 4x4
    one last response I also financed 100% of the deal, which I am sure is a factor.. If you have 20K case I an sure you are in a better negotiating position.. Eitherway great job in doing your homework........ :) Hopefully others post there cost on 2008 laredo with 26x.... Again so I paid around 26K without taxes included yet.. I am not including that extended contract for now I wil probably cancel it...
  • I have heard the same pricing for the 26x (around $19.9k - $20.1k for a 4x4, not a 2WD).
    From what I understand....not all states can offer this pricing (added rebates/incentives). NY can. There are still '08s left. (NJ is not allowed to offer all the rebates).
    There are a few dealers that are buying up stock from other states (2008 Grand Cherokees Laredos, Liberty,....) and deep discounting them.

As for the warranty.....go to the Jeep.com site. As I mentioned in a previous post....I had shopped around and found that they were by far the cheapest you will find.
    Got the lifetime MaxPlan for $1,480 (includes tax....and 0% financing for 12 months).
    They are offering discounted pricing through the end of the year.
    Good luck to all!
  • Can someone please point me in the right direction and tell me what dealership(s) that they are getting the 26x for around 20,000.00 in Newyork. I would greatly appreciate it. Here in Pa I cant seem to get them to go below 25,000.00

thanks

Al
    Thats great info thankyou...I will relook at the warranty options :) yes good luck to all...
  • Hey, yea, it is a Brand New, 4x4 in Red Rock color. Bought the lifetime max care warranty through the dealer and they matched the price of calling chrysler directly, I remember paying $1400 aprox. The dealer also said I get a free GPS in the mail from Chrysler.

The important part of my deal was the AARP employee pricing before the rebates. I wound up financing and used balloon payment financing to get additional rebates along with the standard rebates listed on the jeep website. I got the last one at my dealer with the 26X package, but i know there are other dealers on Long Island that have 26X packages. Just check their websites inventory, as every jeep dealer website should have its inventory listed, that's how I found mine.
    Wow nice job.. Thats about a 6000.00 difference in our deals for same car.. I hope others are reading this so they bargin..as I am sure there will be new 2008's around after 12/31/2008....:) Good luck with the new truck, I love mine to.....
  • jl49jl49 Posts: 33
    Just picked up a 26x package in NY for $19,500, before tax and warranty. Did this with employee pricing (all AARP members get employee pricing) then all the rebates and discounts. Had to shop around a lot, but I got this deal from an internet manager after sending emails to every dealer on Long Island.

Who is the dealership in Long Island that you used - was it Westbury Jeep?

Thanks
  • GrandPrix, Westbury, GardenCity, Island, Merrick.....the first one is where I found my deal.
    Check this place out some interesting laredo 2008 prices, found some of there cars on ebay ( Autopark Chrysler Jeep Cary NC ) see 4x4 26x packages seemingly low twentys...... If you live in another state you can price having car shipped to you...
  • I'm sure you all know that Chrysler Jeep is hurting, so if you're in the market for a new '08 JGC Limited with Hemi and fully loaded(nav, rear camera, 18" Chrome wheels, sirius for a year, sirius nav traffic for a year, leather, moon roof, ESP, myGig, iPod input etc)...now is the time to buy it. I bought mine 2 days ago in Jeep Green, MSRP $39,956 and I bought it for $26,000 + tax and license= $28,976.04, I don't know how low they would've gone if I didn't feel comfortable with paying $26k for it. They tried to stick it to me at finance and I didn't budge, I told them that I would research the Lifetime Max Plan which they were selling to me for $2,999, I called Jeep directly and they sold it to me for $1405 tax included. I am very happy because Chrysler is getting bailed out by the White House and there is a strong possibility of merging with GM, so my warranty will actually be worth buying. BTW I recommend the Power Jeep Chrysler in Valencia, CA.
  • verdugoverdugo Posts: 2,015
    That's awesome.

I bought my Jeep Limited in Oct 07. The MSRP was 41k, and I got it for 34k. And I thought that was a good deal.

Good for you that you didn't fall for their tricks at the F&I office.
    Yea Nice Job.. I paid alitte Less BUT I only have the 2008 laredo with the 26x package.. I did buy the added care wrap ( its a long story ) for around 2800.00 BUT am in the process of canceling it..Once it quiets down I might reprice the extended warranty as I did get quotes of it being alot cheaper.....
  • naatz1naatz1 Posts: 187
    The extended warranty or service contracts like added care and max care are really insurance policies. They may have the Jeep/Chrysler name on them but they are run by and owned by a separate company ... the same outfit runs both Jeep/Chrysler and Ford so it will be interesting if Jeep gets bought by GM but I doubt if that really matters for the extended warranty. Supposedly they have a separate "insurance fund for the insurance company (Svc Contract)" setup by our State but I am still waiting to hear back from my dealer on how that would work if both Chrysler -and- the extended warranty company were gone (it's the same type of fund that backs up home, life insurance or annuities if those companies go under). Things are more optimistic that Jeep will definitely be around even if not a part of Chrysler, it's a strong enough brand that Nissan was even interested earlier this Fall. So I am not real worried that my 13 month old 07 JGC 3/36 or the added care 7/70 warranties I bought will have problems, however this LifeTime engine and drivetrain warranty may be more interesting if Chrysler would end up selling off or worse yet going bye bye.

So far no problems with our 4wd Laredo 4.7L and we just got back from 4 hours driving around in a messy snowstorm, you know it's worth having the 4wd safety when the weather is this ugly in MN.
  • Hello,

I am looking to purchase a 2008 Grand Cherokee Laredo with the 26X package. So far the best deal I have been offered is $23,995 for a GC that has a sticker of $36,420.

Has anyone got a better deal in the Northeast? If so what dealership?

Thank you
  • verdugoverdugo Posts: 2,015
    Read back a few posts
    Just to summarize my deal again from NE dealer, ended up around 27,600 ( 2008 4x4 26x package ) after taxes including paperwork Title etc and gap insurance. I am not mentioning extended warranty because I am canceling it and I did not shop my deal fro sevral reasons... I have seen posts for lower costs but no consistency in someone saying go here they have more at this/lower cost and everyones situation is different based on credit etc...... Basically you need to shop the deal at multiple dealers with your terms BUT do not tell each the others cost and that will give you a good idea of where things are at.. After looking around after my purchase I dont think 23,995 is BAD if its a NEW 2008 4x4 with 26x package... BUt do think that price will/can go down based on other posts from other buyers. Keep me posted interested to here what happens... A couple of quick questions does the 23,995 include docs/processing costs ? Does not sound like that includes taxes yet bbut if it does AWESOME? you can check ebay as a gauge also, I am not consistently seeing 2008 new 4x4 26x packages for lets say 20K..
  • LHHFMFLHHFMF Posts: 2
    Thank you for the reply. The price I was quoted was $23,995 before taxes and title. After I got to the dealership ready to do the deal the salesman then told me that he made a mistake and the price was actually $25,200.

I walked out.
  • Recently looked at 2009 Grand Cherokee Laredo x package, leather and navigation.
    MSRP is $38,490. Could purchase for $28,500. Is this a good deal in todays market? Thanks.
    I am sorry based on all my posts that I cannot answer that BUT had to ask.. Did you get prices from multiple dealerships WITHOUT telling each one the others cost, if so how did they compare as that kind of shopping should give you an idea of how you are doing........At a glance your price seems OK but if you shop it I bet it goes lower... I am in the north east, My 2008 26x 4x4 NEW was around 27,600 including taxes and includes document/registration and gap insurance. I DID NOIT SHOP MY DEAL, long story..... I would say based on what I have seen thats ( my cost ) is high. The #518 post says they paid around 28,500 for NEW 08 limited loaded with hemi.. Does your your price include title and registration and taxes, if not add a few thousand to your #.. Also BE CARE FULL with the extended warranty options the dealers prices are HIGH... Good luck
  • Wow, steamdiggs any chance I can get a copy of the breakdown so I can put it in front of my local dealers here in Cleveland, OH? Word is we are going into Employee Pricing on Monday, 1/26, but I still can't see the prices going that low...well maybe if it's an '08.

Either way, good for you steamdiggs, I can only hope to pull a deal similiar to that.
  • I am looking for a used 2008. A private seller has one with 250 miles on it that they purchased in Dec. MSRP they say was 35,000. They want to sell for 22,500. Blue book is stating 18,000 what would be a fair offer considering from what I am reading they probably got a good deal when it was purchased.
  • Im looking at a 2008 Grand Cherokee 4x4 with 23,000 miles the asking price for the car is $21,900 Im wondering what the number is i should go in there with for an offer? and what the number is that i should pay??? Please HELP????
  • Need to know what options / model you are looking at.

To get a fair estimate, click on the used car section (edmunds.com) and get the value of the vehicle you are looking to purchase. Work off of there to see where you should start on the offer.

Hope this helps.
  • Thanks, Kelley Blue Book states 18,000. I believe it is the 26x package with moon roof, leather seats etc. I will know exactly when I actually see the vehicle
  • Last weekend I got a price for a 2008 Grand Cherokee (no extras) with 11K miles for $17,500. This was also a certified pre-owned but I could care less about that. What do others think about this price? I get the impression that I could do better.
  • paulepaule Posts: 382
    "Im looking at a 2008 Grand Cherokee 4x4 with 23,000 miles the asking price for the car is $21,900 Im wondering what the number is i should go in there with for an offer? and what the number is that i should pay??? Please HELP???? "

That sounds high. Look at this post from a page back:

"I am looking to purchase a 2008 Grand Cherokee Laredo with the 26X package. So far the best deal I have been offered is $23,995 for a GC that has a sticker of $36,420."

I know I'd be willing to pay $2,000 more for 0 miles instead of 23,000 miles. You can do better.
  • I noticed on kbb a 2008 limited with 15000 miles is only worth around $17000 trade in value. I am guessing that makes the car worth 25 or 26 k new. Is this sound accurate in comparison to current asking prices?