Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Jeep Cherokee (All) Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• thank you for that valuable info!!! ok so when i go back to the dealer today, what should be my play. what should i say. what is my buyer beware flag to run out the door??

so in respect to the last post it is a good deal if chrysler has no early termination charges??
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,643
    I don't really follow the prices, specifically... But, considering that they are giving you a check for $3500, then the lease deal looks pretty good.

Just tell the dealer that you are worried about excess charges because you are turning the vehicle in early, and ask them for the same deal, but with them taking the vehicle in trade. If they aren't willing to do that, call the leasing company, and tell them you want to turn in your vehicle early, and ask them what charges you will be liable for.

I'm guessing that they will tell you that they will send your vehicle to auction, and that you will be liable for the payoff difference between the amount realized and the amount of your payoff. (The open-ended amount that I referenced earlier). This could even be in addition to mileage charges. You can see how this could quickly get out of hand.

Your other alternative would be to keep your current vehicle in mothballs for the six months until it is time to turn it in. Of course, you would have to keep it insured.

You really want the dealer to take it in trade, if you can.. That is the best thing about trading out of a lease early... no extraneous charges.. If the dealer will pay the current payoff minus $3500, then you are home free on the same deal... no extra mileage charges or damages will apply.

Good luck,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• In Northern California

Grand Cherokee Overland
    MSRP - $44,775.00
    Selling Price - $41,422
    Money Factor - .00186
    Residual - 48%
    10.5k annual miles (my request)

$532/month + tax

Is there room to negotiate this selling price lower? I didn't get the rebate coupon and don't qualify for the loyalty cash.

Thanks much.
  • well i committed to this

i got a new grand cherokee $30,404 with 1300 down
    39 months 389. a month.

they took my old jeep off me in trade 13825$ to terminate my lease early actually 8 months early. plus i had 12,000 in miles over. so i got out of the old one , dont have to pay for milege, damages ect.

new lease , money factor of .00191, net cap cost 26080.
    they gave me 5000. in rebates. 39 month 389.00 month.

i guess i did alright no? :surprise:
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,643
    It sounds like you did okay.. If you kept driving the old Jeep, you would have been even farther over on mileage by the end of the lease...

Since they were willing to cut you a check for the $3500 before, you can bet that they had to take at least that big of a hit to take it on trade... Given that, your lease deal is pretty good.

Will you be able to stay under the miles on this one?

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• $40K Limited's are going for about $33K+. I just priced one.
  • just wondering, i got my jeep a new 2007 GC "E" package and it did not come with roof racks. i know the crossbars are an additional item but alls i have on the roof are two black runners no rail bars or anything. I though at least the rail bars came standard on this one... any suggestions?
  • Can someone please tell me what interior color is interior code PLD5.
    Thanks in advance.
    Bill
  • Make that $32K. Just got a new and better price on a $40,340 Limited.
  • frueanfruean Posts: 2
    does anyone know the average life (mileage) of a jeep grand cherokee limited
  • frueanfruean Posts: 2
    is 6,000 dollars too much for a 1999 jeep grand cherokee limited with 130,000 miles on it.
  • xscoutxscout Posts: 141
    The edmunds.com site is a real good resource to check out. I took a quick look assuming 2wd and average condition and it said $3,600 to $4,600 was about right.
  • canuck785canuck785 Posts: 160
    bough my 2001 Cherokee Limited 4WD last month, had 96K on it, IMPECCABLE inside and out paid 7400$...all options but the leather
    according to edmunds, I paid too much but according to KKB and the NADA, it was right on the money.
  • pikalapikala Posts: 2
    In Jan. 07 I purchased a used 03 Grand Cherokee Laredo with 63k miles, I paid $12,350
  • Hi, great site
    I have a couple of questions.
    Been pricing several different cars.

1. Equiped a 2007 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 which has a $42,720 MSRP, what is the going rate for the final sale price including rebates?
    2. What is the MF for this car with a 36k, 3 yr lease?
    3. What is the residual value?
    4. Can multiple SD's be included and how many?
    Thanks for your time on this matter.
  • My wife and I are considering buying a used Grand Cherokee. Should we wait until the Fall when the new models come out? Would that lower the prices of the used GC's that are out now? We are trying to get the best deal.
  • coolridercoolrider Posts: 84
    I would say it depends on what you are looking for. Rock bottom price can be had anytime because of depreciation and the market over time. If you are looking for a certified Jeep the model year comes into play because of the criteria used. The oil prices have sent many V8 SUV owners to smaller vehicles thereby flooding and depressing prices in the market. If fuel economy is of no concern there are a lot of good deals to be had now. I guess the question is how used of a Jeep you want. The diesel Jeeps new and used are going for a premium as diesels normally will hold their value better. Hope that helps
  • Thank you tons, that does help a lot.
  • coolridercoolrider Posts: 84
    Your quite welcome, good luck on your search :shades:
  • Question about upcoming Lease....

How much lower can i get??

2007 Laredo V6, with Leather, Moonroof, etc - MSRP $32,785
    Dealer Incentives $4000

39 Mo, 12K year, $389 plus tax per mo, $1000 drive off

Trading In Audi A4, 2 months left on 48 month lease. Relatively good condition. Couple dings in back fender. Under miles.

Could I get down to $389 including tax per mo?