Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Jeep Cherokee (All) Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• paulepaule Posts: 382
    In my previous post, I mentioned about receiving an e-mail from Chrysler mentioning the loyalty bonus and that one of the dealers called a customer service number to confirm my eligibility. I thought it sounded a little fishy.

Well, I looked back through my e-mails and found the e-mail from Chrysler. I think the confirmation was legit. The e-mail I got from Chrysler clearly states that I'm eligible for the owner loyalty bonus and that it was not transferable.

I have not heard whether this continues into March. The e-mail states it ends on March 2nd.

It reads, "Again, from now until March 2nd, you are eligible to receive a special ‘owners-only’ cash allowances* up to $2000 when you purchase a new Chrysler, Jeep, or Dodge vehicle. This Owner Loyalty Bonus Cash is in addition to the Employee Pricing Plus Plus incentive which offers employee pricing PLUS consumer rebates PLUS special financing offers. The amount of the loyalty cash allowance depends on the model you select, and it can be combined with most current incentives."

We'll see what they do for incentives for March.
    Melram,
    Did you pull the trigger this past weekend?
  • mymo1mymo1 Posts: 1
    Hi Steamdiggs

I am considering Power in Valencia, please contact me.
  • melrammelram Posts: 14
    Paule,

I decided to roll the dice and wait until the end of March since my lease is not up until then. I contacted my previous sales person who said he would match the price I obtained on this Jeep and order it for me. I have dealt with him and this dealership and decided to let him have my business. Should be here in few weeks. My only risk was the incentive piece. They couldn’t guaranty if the rebates would change in March. They were able to inform me the employee pricing would continue in March. All the incentives stayed the same for me (rebates). The only thing that changed was Chrysler 0% financing over 36 months (instead of 48 months). You would think Chrysler would loosen this incentive to sell more cars (60 months). I am going through a credit union so it didn't impact me.

Have you had any more luck in your Overland search? I know the dealerships here are being very aggresive and are willing to deal to win your business.

MelRam
  • verdugoverdugo Posts: 2,012
    When I did my factory order, they told me that I would get the better of rebates -- either the ones at the time I ordered or when the car arrived.
    MelRam,
    I ended up putting my search on hold temporarily. The day after I sent out my e-mails soliciting quotes, I received news that the company I work for will be instituting an across the board pay cut soon. I have not yet heard how much the pay cut will be but it could be as high as 20%. Wonderful economy we have.

Anyway, I decided not to purchase until I at least find out how much my pay will be cut. If it's in the 5-10% range, I will possibly be able to deal with that and look at buying since my current GC has over 200,000 miles on it. It still runs fine but I'm finding myself not really trusting it fully to drive 4-5 hours away from home. I have a small child and travel to some fairly remote areas.

I also didn't quite get the price I was looking for. I really wanted to hit at least $12k off of MSRP and didn't quite get there. The incentives here in the mountain west are not as good as the eastern half of the US.

It also appears that Chrysler was going all out in February for incentives and are now pulling back. I noticed that they increased MSRPs, cut back on the discount they were giving in terms of employee pricing, and dropped some other incentives out here (I no longer see the $1,000 Chrysler financial discount).

It also appears that I've lost out on the $2,000 Chrysler owner loyalty bonus. I did find one dealership that was pretty aggressive but they had to get the vehicle I wanted from another dealer. I'm now very unsure as to what I plan on doing. Right now I'm planning on waiting at least until late April/May before doing anything.

Did the dealership still give you the loyalty bonus?
    Verdugo,
    Did they mention anything about not being able to honor non "sales protected rebates" when you ordered yours?
    I got that comment from one of the dealers.
    Paul
    Paul,

Not sure what they mean by non "sales protected rebates." But when I ordered there was a $3000 cash rebate. By the time my WK came (less than 4 weeks later), the cash rebate had gone up to $3500 and MyGig was free.

There was no loyalty money involved or anything else. Sorry.

Angel
    Paul,

Best of luck with your work situation at work. We didn't get raises this year, but there haven't been lay offs either (yet).
    We actually got small raises in late 2008 but they will now be taken away (and then some). At least I still have a job!

Anyway, I mis-wrote earlier when I wrote "sales protected rebates". I meant "sold order protected".

One of the dealers did not list the $2,000 owner loyalty bonus because he would have had to order in the vehicle. Apparently the owner loyalty bonus was not one of these "sold order protected" programs. In other words, if I did not take delivery of the vehicle in February, he could not offer that bonus.
    That sounds legit. Good luck with the job.
  • Currently leasing and have the option to buy for $17,000 (plus tax);

2007 JGC, X Package 4x4, 33k miles

Runs well, and I had the dealer inspect it and they fixed a few warranty things but said otherwise it looked good.

I think it's an OK deal (the CF website is showing a "discount" of $1,600) -- but it's like not blowing my mind or anything.

I've seen some people here say their end-of-lease buy out dropped like $3-$4k from the original predetermined buy out price -- wondering why mine only dropped $1,600?

Is it possible to negotiate these lease end deals at all? If so, how does one go about it?

I think the only way I would walk away from this is if I can find a 2008 LTD for the same price. Getting a year newer and an upgraded trim level might be enough for me to go through the hassel of rolling the dice on a new ride, otherwise the X PKG that I know has been taken care of will be good for another year or two.
    No idea about negotiating the lease buyout. However, I did a quick search on carmax. There weren A LOT of 2008 Laredos with anywhere between 8K to 20K miles for around the same price that your 2007 with 33k miles.

And I'm sure you can get those 08s cheaper than list price.

I wouldn't pay $17k for a 2007 X Pkg with 33K miles. Would you?

Let us know what you ended up doing.
  • Searched autotrader and there were only three 2008 X PKG or LTDs under $20k, (all three $19k+)

Did you specify "leather" in your search?

Because when I removed leather, there were about 45 results for the models with cloth interior, and leather is a must have for me.
    Did you specify "leather" in your search?

You didn't mention leather in your original post. I'm not psychic. :)

I think $17k is too much for your car. Hopefully somebody else can give you advice on how to negotiate a lower price since you're happy with it.

good luck.
  • Ah, gotcha. Well, yes, all X packages have leather. It's like the "limited" version of the laredo model line.

So when I compare my specific car, I am only looking at X packages or limited models.
    Ahh fair enough. I didn't know that. Mine is a Limited.

Hope you find what you're looking for. I love my 08 Limited.
  • i've been glued to the computer for a week now doing research for a new car. thought i did everthing right, narrowed the choices down, test drove 2 days straight.. I was offered an 09 grand laredo x - 4wd- auto -leather, moonroof etc msrp 37k - rebates of 4500k emp pricing off 4040 final cost 28575. thought i could get lower but salesman refused to budge and seems to be the ballpark of other local dealers, thought it was a good deal about 8.5k off msrp. spending the last three hours on these forums though has me worried - back in jan/feb i see these going for 23k - 25k. am I missing something? what should i expect to pay for this vehicle? he also offered me a 08 x with 13k for 21k (that now seems high too) and i fell in love with a new 08 base unlimited w/hardtop (which he is really pushing )(not sure if i can do crank windows though!) for 17,800 after rebates, etc. none of these include tax or ttl. sorry to ramble but its now 3:30 a.m. and i need help! thank you so much.
  • bill11783bill11783 Posts: 21
    Pricing all depends on where you live.

In NY(Long Island), I have two co-workers that recently purchased 2009s 4x4 with the x package & navigation for $22k-$23k ($38k MSRP!).

Not sure why there is such a difference in pricing.

Deals seem to have gotten better in March vs. Jan/Feb.
  • ssjeepssjeep Posts: 5
    I am planning to purchase a 2009 Overland today for a price of $34,000. The MSRP is $45,625. Based on what other people are seeing, is that a good price?
    Not sure about how good it is right now, but it sure is better than when I bought mine.

Nov '08 - Limited 2008 - MSRP 41k, Price of $34k. No trade in.

Do you have a trade in?
    No on the trade in. Going to sell my current vehicle myself as I'll get more for it than trading it in.
    That sounds pretty good to me. The best I could get was $35,000 in late February.

I still think the deals are going to get better in April. The whole employee pricing thing is not much of a discount. I believe the rebates will increase in April. At least that's what I'm hoping!

Where are you lcoated by the way?
    I live in Ohio, but purchased the car in Michigan. The rebates in both states are the same, but I'm not currently a chrysler owner which is necessary for the owner loyalty rebate. However, in Michigan they have a conquest rebate that is the same as the loyalty and is for people that do not currently own Chrysler. So, I got all of the rebates, they came down an additional $1,200, 0% financing, and theyr'e delivering the vehicle to my house. I thought it was a pretty good deal - best one I've seen so far and I've been looking for a few months.

I was debating on waiting until April, but figured this was a good deal so I might as well do it now. I'll be curious to see what they come out with in April, but probably shouldn't look in case they get better!
    I really think you got a great deal! It's interesting you were able to get a conquest rebate. I thought Chrysler had pulled those rebates (owner loyalty, conquest, etc.) at the end of February.
    Maybe it's just a Michigan thing?
    I don't know but you really did get a sweet deal.
    Congratulations! Enjoy the new jeep.
    Thanks! I think it depends on what state you're in as to whether they have the conquest/owner loyalty rebate. I know here in Ohio they still have the owner loyalty, in Michigan they have both, and in Maryland they don't have either. Not sure what will happen in April. This is my first Jeep and it will be delivered on Monday so I'm excited to get it!
    Congrats! Hope you like it as much as we like ours.
  • honda27honda27 Posts: 3
    Just purchased 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 26E package. $21,500 OTD
  • Looking to purchase an SRT8 before the end of the month. Anyone know what these are going out the door for? Not too many to be found so I don't know how much negotiating I will have.
  • So does anyone here know exactly HOW employee pricing is determined?

And does employee pricing vary by state?

Is it a certain % below invoice?

If so, what is true employee pricing on a grand cherokee in Detroit?

Does it matter if it's a ltd or a laredo?

If so, if anyone knows the employee pricing on each?

I thought it was 4% BELOW invoice but not sure if that was standard for every vehicle or if it changed depending on the year/model/etc.???

Thanks in advance for your reply!!!!