Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Jeep Cherokee (All) Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ricardonricardon Posts: 2
    List $32,900. Option - Htd Mirrors. Paid less than employee price. Paid $28,300 taxable (6% MI)plus a $23 plate transfer fee, less $3,500 incentive, less $500 military discount, less $1,000 for financing through Chrysler (48 months at 4.19%). $24, 998.

That's $9,899 savings vs MSRP total including tax...

Zero hassle, 3.5 hours at a local Metro Detroit(5 Star) dealer.
  • bkr258bkr258 Posts: 1
    i'm interested in buying a 2001 jeep cherokee but am not familiar with how well they run in the long run. It has approximately 43,000 miles on it, any tips?
  • jazzmilajazzmila Posts: 1
    Grand Cherokee Laredo "Special Edition" in Inferno Red, 4 X 2, 4.OL . PAID $25K - $1K (rebate) = $24K (sale price) plus $2,337 Tax/Lic = $26,337 out-the-door with 0% Financing for 5 years. Purchased from CarMax, LAX. No haggle price, no hassles, no surprises. $5,335 off MSRP.
  • jrandoljrandol Posts: 1
    found a Nice 04 Jeep Grand Cherokee fully loaded that has an MSRP of $39,700. This vehicle is a dealer demo and has 5,800 miles on it. I am thinking I can probably get a good deal on this vehicle. Can anyone give me some pointers on negotiating a good price on this car? I realize they currently have a rebate of $3500 but to find a fair valuation since it is a dealer demo would I price a used 04? Thanks for your help!!
  • tomktomk Posts: 1
    I got mine at NW Jeep in Beaverton OR. They had several "Tan Your Hide" Laredos at $23995, after $4500 D-C and CFC discount. MSRP was $32500. I paid $24395 to get one with the Inferno Red paint ($400 extra). Check this out...
    - 4.7L V8, 5sp AT, Quadratrac, tow pkg, sunroof, leather interior, steering wheel audio controls.
    Otherwise it was standard Laredo. The TYH package is a great deal! A lot of Limited level stuff for a Laredo price.
    I'm liking it so far. Gas mileage 14-15 mpg in mostly city stop/go after 300 miles. Hoping it improves, I'm sure it will be better once I get it on the hwy. The V8 sure makes it fun to drive!
  • un-limitedun-limited Posts: 15
    I'm in the Chicago area. I just purchased a 2001 GC Ltd 37,700mi lease return. It was highway driven, based on it's location and VERY clean. A few minor paint scratches from stones which the dealer painted. Dealer Retail TMV was $20,314. I paid retail dealer $18,250. I traded a poor 93 GC with 87K, rough shape got $3,000 in trade, $250 over Trade-in value. Net cost $15,250. I am enjoying the car and got a very good value. The dealer Park Plaza Dodge in Forest Park, IL has been great with some post sale service and I will be going to them for service on my MaxCare extended warranty. I paid $1,555 for a 7/75K warranty. I will keep this thru the warranty and then trade it. I kept my '93 too long and repairs got very expensive.
  • tofor67tofor67 Posts: 3
    Might have made a deal - looking for the gotcha's:

2004 JGC Laredo
    V8, leather, sunroof, winter pkg
    MSRP: 34480
    PRICE PD: 29888
    LESS: 6475 (various cust incent/rebates)
    LEASE PRICE: 23413
    39 mo/39K mi
    =$265.57/mo (monthly taxes included)
    +995 cap cost reduction + sales tax/title

The CCR is the only thing that bugs me - is this part negotiable? How much down is typical??

Thanks,

SP
  • phj12phj12 Posts: 1
    Does look like a great deal. I am in the market to lease a GJC. Can you tell me where you are getting this deal?
  • simplyputsimplyput Posts: 2
    Pittsburgh, PA - Unfortunately, this deal runs out on the 30th and includes a guaranteed price of 1% below invoice + $1000 back from DC for being a Chrysler Affiliate Rewards member (DC is one of my company's clients) so that helps a lot too...

SP
  • gregoryc1gregoryc1 Posts: 766
    We leased a new 1995 Jeep GC that was the "vehicle from HELL"! Drive train problems, Electrical problems and Tire problems. The dealer and the factory rep. were no help. While we like the style of many Chrysler vehicles, we would not purchase one after this experience with this Jeep.
  • kkics1kkics1 Posts: 11
    From the looks of it, the Overland that I am looking at should be purchased for at least $10K off MSRP since I also have the Chrysler Rewards Program. I am in Chicago, so the competition should help with the pricing. The one I am looking at is Red, with all the options (nav, adj pedals, tire pressure monitor) for about $42K. If I can get this for $30K, it should be a done deal. Will the rebates extend or increase in August?
  • duxfan3duxfan3 Posts: 3
    A local dealer here in Perrysburg OH is advertising a GC Laredo 4x4 for $159/month (plus tax) on a 24 month lease. The rebates are obviously going into the cap reduction ($3500 + $1000 CF). Since we have so many Jeep employees in the area I looked closely at the fine print, and it didn't state that one had to be an employee. 12k/year on the lease, $1500 due at signing was the only disclaimer posted. What's missing? Is this a legitimate deal, or is there a hook that I'm not seeing? I'm sure it's a basic Laredo 4X4, but for 24 months I'll lease this, rather than wait for the '05 model. By the time the new model cools off and incentives come out, I'll likely be eligible for a pull-ahead to get out of this lease. But since they are not a 5 star dealer, I'm skeptical that this price is honest. Can anyone help?
  • Here's a few questions to ask the dealer.

I see payments in NJ at $139 month-The fine print states that you need a minimum FICO credit score
    of 730 to qualify. Find out if this is that case
    with your deal.

If you are an existing Chrysler Financial customer, they will pay your last 5 payments on your current lease to get you into a new car in August.

Also find out:

1. Have they given you all the rebates. Through 8/31 you are entitled to the following
    -$3,500 Chrysler Financial Rebate
    -1,000 CF cash
    -$1,750 Conquest Cash
    So thats $6,250 in rebates before any discount.

If its a 24 month lease with 12K miles a year, they will hit you up for 20 cents excess mileage charge if you go over the included miles.

2. Find out the following:

MSRP
    Dealer Discount
    Rebates
    Net CAP cost(this is what your lease payment is based on)
    Residual
    What money factor are they using for the lease?
    (This is important since it will tell you what the interest rate is they are charging you.

Excess Mileage charge(if they are giving you 12K miles per year, I suspect they will charge you 20 Cents per mile over)
    What money factor are they using for the lease?

3. Total Due at Signing(What makes up the $1,500)
    -$159(Usually 1st month Payment
    -$ Any cash down payment
    -$ Any security deposit
    -$ Any bank fee
    -$ any other fees

Good Luck!
    Sunpro
  • frankfrank Posts: 12
    Is it a good deal?
    Should I worry about the 73k miles?
    When does it start to be costly repair wise?
    it is a 2wd, is it much better mileage wise?
    also can I still use some of the rugged features of the truck with a 2wd only?
    Thx!
    F.
  • I'm looking at a 119 GC Laredo 2WD w/ 87265 miles @ $7000 & a 1997 GC Laredo TSI (What does TSI stand for?) w/ 96728 miles @ 5000.

Where can I find out the resale value of this car say in about 2 years time?--What will it be worth in 2 years--
  • The first vehicle is a 1996--
  • We have a 2004 JGC with the 4.7L HO engine. We get 11.5 to 12 mpg in town and 16.5 to 19 mpg on the highway. Is this the norm? I hope not. We have several friends who have the standard 4.7L engine and they get around 15 to 16 mpg in town and 21 to 24 mpg on the highway. Dealer says everything is normal.
  • xscoutxscout Posts: 141
    Laredo TSI was a content upgrade of the regular Laredo. The only specific option I can recall was the steering wheel radio controls. I have 2 1997 Laredo 2WD's both with about 100,000 miles. Bought both used and have had only minor repairs over the last few years. If you like to do your own routine maintenance, it is as easy as it gets on these vehicles. The condition and then mileage should be your most important concerns in determining which to buy. Unless the 1996 is flawless(like new including tires)that price sounds a little high.
  • I'm looking at buying from a used car dealer. I found a 98 Jeep Cherokee Laredo, asking price $9000. The friend I was with said he thinks I could get it for as low as $7500. It's got 76000 miles. Has a sunroof, power seats/windows/locks, cd player, etc... But the inside is worn a bit (very worn steering wheel, a few scratches on the dash, a tear in the driver's seat). Is this a good buy? I've never bought a Jeep and am just looking for a car that will last me a few more years through college.
  • We just leased a 2004 JGC Laredo. It has the V8, power driver seat, infinity sound system, overhead console (i.e. compass, etc.) and a tow package. Before we leased the Jeep we had a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder. To make a long story short, we needed to get rid of the Pathfinder before the end of the lease (4 months early). The Jeep dealer offered to pay off my lease for me. Keep that in mind when looking at the numbers. We put $2,500 down, plus first month payment. We got 15,000 miles/year for 36 months and opted for the extended warranty which covers us for the entire lease. We pay $349/month. Is this a good deal, or did I get hosed?
  • naatz1naatz1 Posts: 187
    OK to you dan and also field1...I have some recent Aug posts in the standard JGC column. I have a 2001 Laredo I6 w/56K miles.
    MILEAGE: It's pushing 4 yrs so I do not recall the exact time our mileage improved but I would give it at least 1000 mis (we got a new 300M a few months ago, I did not get my current 20/27mpg in first 1000 mis either). For years now I get around 15-17mpg in town depending on temps, if selectrac 4WD is off/on, etc. We get 20 @ 75mph and otherwise "ideal conditions" of 70 degrees and no wind. It clearly goes up to low 20s when driving 60mph on a 2 lane highway. I call the mileage "acceptable" but nothing to write home about especially compared to our 250hp 300M. I guess it's the SUV tax with a higher profile large tire vehicle...or something.

CHROME WHEELS: I don't have them on the Jeep but I got caught with the 300M the same way. Plastic coated, not happy on even a $32K vehicle (we paid $24K closeout but still...). They look gorgeous now but will they in 7years after a couple of high curb scrapes? Must be a new DC thing. At least I have a full size spare if only one gets bunged up.
  • Hello,

I bought my 2001 JGC Laredo on 9/30/01 (don't know if that qualifies as "recent"...I bought it off the lot after the 2002's were in. Sticker was about 31K and change; I drove it away for $26,600. I was paying cash, so no financing. Overall it was a decent experience; the people at the dealership were courteous and not pushy, and since then I've had a good experience with the service department when I've needed it (which hasn't been often).

Benjamin
  • YOU HAVE TO DO YOUR HOME WORK...IF TRADING IN A VEHICLE...YOU HAVE TO FIND OUT WHAT IT IS WORTH AND ASK DEALER FOR INVOICE PRICE OF VEHICLE INTERESTED IN YOU SHOULD PAY 800.00 BELOW INVOICE, LESS TRADE...AND BE PREPARED TO WALK AWAY FROM DEALERSHIP IF THEY DON'T PRODUCE....REMEMBER...YOU HAVE TO PAY THE CAR NOTE. DEALERS ARE STARVING....
  • HOPE YOU DIDN'T BUY YET.
    I PURCHASED NEW LOADED JGC WITH MSRP $33,000. WITH TRADE (02 EXPLORER)
    PAID JUST UNDER $17,500. IN CHICAGO AREA.
    INCLUDES 10 DISC CD CHANGER AND SUNROOF....

ASK FOR INVOICE PRICE...NOT MSRP AND EXPECT TO PAY SIGNIFICANTLY UNDER INVOICE PRICE OR WALK AWAY. REMEMBER THE CAR NOTE IS IN YOUR NAME; ITS YOUR MONEY.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,109
    Netiquette suggests not using all caps! :-)

tidester, host
  • I Am about to purchase an 04 GC. Smart buy is offered in NY with heavy cash back (7250.00) plus dealer discount of another 1800.00. I am plan to buy the vehicle. This package offered the best deal..
  • if you dont pay it, the ccr will be added in to the cost and it raise your monthly payment by whatever, maybe 20.00. The only way around this is to take that off the selling price, but you may be at the bottom already. The numbers you mention sound good. The dealer may not come down anymore..
  • Ok let me get this straight. You want to pay $800.00 below invoice? You expect a dealer to go into holdback a device that is put into place to protect the dealer from someone like you? To top it off you expect a salesman or woman to spend 1-2 hours with you and listen to your kids whine for $75 bucks? I don't thinks so. Dealers will starve rather than deal with people like you. If you want a 04 Grand Cherokee find one at a dealer and tell them you will pay invoice for that Grand Cherokee over there they will be more than happy to help you and sell you one since the 05's are coming out.
  • Sam You should get more than $1800.00 discount on the Grand. You are getting all rebates but get more off the MSRP. Go for invoice in NY all dealers are killing themselves up there.
  • bjoyebjoye Posts: 35
    Anyone have any thoughts on how much the new '05s should be going for? I see on the Jeep website that they have $1500 cash back already on the new ones. What's a good range relative to invoice on a new '05?