Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Jeep Cherokee (All) Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1232425262729»

Comments

• ken2322ken2322 Posts: 1
    Just purchased a 2013 Overland Summit 6cyl w/everything MSRP $50,385 for $44,550. This was a demo with 3000 mi. But still about $2000 under True Car target price. This is our 4th Jeep - 1984 Cherokee, 1993 JCG Laredo, 2001 Laredo F (X today). I really wanted a 2014 Overland 6cyl w/8 speed, but the new colors, especially interior were too extremely dark or light. It was stupid of Jeep to discontinue the New Saddle/Black interior and Mineral Grey exterior. Since you can no longer order the 2013, I searched all over the Washington/Baltimore area to find what I think was the last one with this color combo. Overall a pretty good deal - no haggling, did trade in our 2001 with only 81,000 mi. for $4000 so probably left $1500 to $2000 on the table there. Received a lot of other offers in similar range for the 2013s which seem to be deeply discounted now due to early release of 2014s. I was disappointed that both Edmunds and True Car require one to include their phone number, and don't allow you to detail options very well. As a result, the phone was ringing off the hook the next morning after I had posted, and my wife wasn't too happy. I had to email each and every one of them to clarify specs and ask that they email response & not phone me. That was actually more of a headache than talking with the dealers. Having found "The One" we are pretty happy with our deal. I was disappointed that as a 4 time Jeep purchaser, I was ineligible for any of the discounts/rebates currently offered. As a loyal 29 year Jeep driver, I can only compare this to the cable companies giving discounts to new customers and thumbing their nose to loyal customers. Shame on you Jeep for this practice, for discontinuing the best color options you had - and going boring on color choices. Shame on you Edmunds and True Car for giving my phone number out to 5 dealers each and not allowing me to refine colors/options more clearly. I came pretty close to buying an X-5 instead.
  • blxblx Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Apr 27, 2013 (12:34 am)
    Im looking at purchasing a new 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit. The car was broken into after it was produced before it was delivered and the factory repaired the vehicle. The dealer than bought the vehicle from a Chysler auction. The car has less than 10 miles. The wheels were stolen and some damage was done to the door. Most importantly the radio/information system was ripped out of the dash. Everything was repaired and the dealer supplied me with an itemized list of what was repaired. Total cost of factory repairs was between 4 and 5 thousand. It has full factory warranty on it. The estimated fair price of this vehicle now, is approx 46000, the dealer wants to sell it for 42000. I am in process of doing a check on the VIN to make sure its clean.
    My questions...
    Is this a fair discount for a vehicle damaged like this?
    What was the estimated discount the dealer bought this vehicle for?
    Is there anything else i need to be aware when buying a repaired new vehicle like this i need to be aware of?

Thanks for any informed Input
    BLX

PS I said i was a little uncomfortable with the damage and was wondering if they could throw in the extended warranty at cost. They offered a 80month/100,000 through zurich with a 100 deductable. Said their cost was 2600 and give it to me for 1300. Is that a fair deal?
  • camrydc: I'm considering a Jeep and BMW. Which BMW dealership did you work with and would you recommend? Thanks!
  • camrydccamrydc Posts: 4
    I purchased my 535x through Passport BMW in Maryland. Never actually went to the dealer. They had great inventory and had the exact model I wanted. Go to any BMW dealer and pick out what you want. Make, model color etc. Then see if Passport has it. Really shop around first and then lowball them on the offer. You will be surprised what they will agree to. Tell the salesperson on the phone to run the number by the manager.
  • camrydccamrydc Posts: 4
    2014s are out so I don't think this is a great deal. Plus the damage will end up on a carfax report making resale problematic. The 2014s also have a new 8speed transmission and the display screen for nav/radio/climate is much larger and better. I think if you push hard you can get 10-11% off of MSRP on an undamaged new model. So an Overland going for around 48k you should be able to get for 43k.
  • f1freakf1freak Posts: 4
    I just completed the deal for a black on black 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4X4 with the V8 Hemi engine in the Seattle area. I initially wanted to make a deal on a 2013 Overland that was on a different dealer's website, but then I saw a deal on this dealership's website for $3500 off of invoice on 2014 Grand Cherokees, including the $500 graduate incentive.
    The MSRP was $49,185 and was priced at $43,212. I told the dealership that I wouldn't step foot on the lot unless they sent me all of the numbers, and when they did I went immediately to complete the deal. The vehicle was still in transit when I initially wanted to see it, but they "rushed" it in within two days.
    The dealer waived an added on $395 for window etching (an apparent theft deterrent) that I told them not to do since the vehicle was not on yet their lot (but they still did), and when they told me that the graduate incentive didn't cover my vehicle, they still took the $500 off.
    One other dealership in Kirkland, WA that I visited before I talked to Tacoma Dodge said they would match the $3500 off price, but played games when it came time to talk numbers, so I walked immediately.
    I am not sure how Dodge Tacoma made the deal work on a popular new vehicle, but I am happy they did.
  • Hello!

Does anyone know the May 2013 lease rates (money factor and residual value) for a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD V6? I am considering both a 24 month and 36 month lease at 15,000 miles per year. Also what kind of sales prices are people getting?

I am looking at vehicle with an MSRP of $38,680.

Thank you!!

Mike
  • I'm about to buy a 2012 Grand Cherokee (Laredo) with the X package (limited)...10200 miles on it. Looks Brand New. Total with tax and tags is $30,500. This thing is loaded...but I don't want to make a bad decision.

Please offer me advice if this is a good (or bad) deal...

Thanks,
    Brian
  • Hey, how much should I pay for a JGC Limited V6 with or without navigation? Is it crazy to think I could pay 36,000?
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,610
    A reporter is looking to talk with someone who is in the market right now for a big SUV. If you think you can help, please contact pr@edmunds.com by the end of the day on Wednesday, September 11, 2013.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 3,069
    Camrydc
    I like to know what you think of the 2014 limited ride, quality, features and was it worth 40k

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• I am a long term Jeep Grand Cherokee owner and really liked the new vehicle until I looked at the roof racks. I've owned my current grand cherokee for 20 years and love it. I went to look at the new vehicle and on the surface it looks great, but I am having a terrible time getting my questions on the vehicle answered and my questions are very basic. I'm trying to figure out if it is just that I moved from CA to Naples, FL and the people who work at the dealer are dense and lame or the just basically changed the vehicle. Probably a combination of the two is the real answer. My problem is simple. I use the roof racks on my current vehicle all the time, but the new roof rack looks whimpy and lame. You can buy the cross bar, but there is no place to hook straps. The people at the Naples dealership are clueless and lame when you ask them any question. My guess is their clientele in Naples must be 80 year old who don't use roof racks, but for me I use them all the time on my current vehicle and was planning on doing so in the future. My current vehicle has the elevated rails plus holes for hooking up straps. The new vehicle doesn't appear to have any place for hooking up straps, the cross bar awful with no accomodation for hooking up straps. I am looking at higher end vehicle like the Infinity, Audi, Cadillac and they are all superior. It appears that the Jeep went from the best roof rack system to the worst. You would think this would be an area of strength. Why???
    edited September 2013
    Can anyone comment on the new 2014 model.

I am not a big Chrysler fan and still think this jeep is not worth the money. any thoughts/ comments on this new model.

• rmeyermeye Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    I've seen a lot of great info here for various potential buyers, and I was hoping to get some help leasing a new Overland 4x2 now that I just turned in my 2012 Laredo X. My concern is I negotiated a great deal on my last car and this may be tougher.

What is the money factor and residual % for the 2014 Overland V6 4x2 as I am based in Miami FL. The MSRP is $43,195 + $795 (Tow Pack) + $995 (destination) for an estimated selling price of $44,985. It seems like TRUECAR for the area lists $42,698 but I have never used this service and don't know if it is reliable?

Also, it seems like since I just got out of a jeep I may be in line for a $1,000 loyalty rebate, but does anyone know if this is true and if any other rebate may apply at this point? TRUECAR listed I could also get $200 off just for having an AMEX?
  • Hi everyone - what is the residual and money factors on the 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited FWD for 36 and 39 months, based on 15,000 miles per year?
  • jack2013jack2013 Posts: 1
    edited February 9
    Hi all,

Is anyone in NY/NJ area planning to buy this car? Maybe we could get a better deal if we negotiate with dealer together.

My email address is [Email removed]
    I am planning to get the JGC 2014 Limited 4*4. with NAV and sunroof (MSRP $40880)

jack

Did you but the jeep yet.?

• Can't find the 2014 Jeep Cherokee Prices paid discussion. Has anybody bought one of these yet?

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,610
    edited February 9

We just cranked up a 2014 Cherokee Prices Paid discussion - please head over that way:

2014 Jeep Cherokee Prices Paid and Buying Experience

For new Jeep Grand Cherokee purchases, please check out this discussion:

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.