Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Jeep Cherokee (All) Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• verdugoverdugo Posts: 1,987
    Not sure about how good it is right now, but it sure is better than when I bought mine.

Nov '08 - Limited 2008 - MSRP 41k, Price of $34k. No trade in.

Do you have a trade in?
  • ssjeepssjeep Posts: 5
    No on the trade in. Going to sell my current vehicle myself as I'll get more for it than trading it in.
  • paulepaule Posts: 382
    That sounds pretty good to me. The best I could get was $35,000 in late February.

I still think the deals are going to get better in April. The whole employee pricing thing is not much of a discount. I believe the rebates will increase in April. At least that's what I'm hoping!

Where are you lcoated by the way?
    I live in Ohio, but purchased the car in Michigan. The rebates in both states are the same, but I'm not currently a chrysler owner which is necessary for the owner loyalty rebate. However, in Michigan they have a conquest rebate that is the same as the loyalty and is for people that do not currently own Chrysler. So, I got all of the rebates, they came down an additional $1,200, 0% financing, and theyr'e delivering the vehicle to my house. I thought it was a pretty good deal - best one I've seen so far and I've been looking for a few months.

I was debating on waiting until April, but figured this was a good deal so I might as well do it now. I'll be curious to see what they come out with in April, but probably shouldn't look in case they get better!
    I really think you got a great deal! It's interesting you were able to get a conquest rebate. I thought Chrysler had pulled those rebates (owner loyalty, conquest, etc.) at the end of February.
    Maybe it's just a Michigan thing?
    I don't know but you really did get a sweet deal.
    Congratulations! Enjoy the new jeep.
    Thanks! I think it depends on what state you're in as to whether they have the conquest/owner loyalty rebate. I know here in Ohio they still have the owner loyalty, in Michigan they have both, and in Maryland they don't have either. Not sure what will happen in April. This is my first Jeep and it will be delivered on Monday so I'm excited to get it!
    Congrats! Hope you like it as much as we like ours.
  • honda27honda27 Posts: 3
    Just purchased 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 26E package. $21,500 OTD
  • Looking to purchase an SRT8 before the end of the month. Anyone know what these are going out the door for? Not too many to be found so I don't know how much negotiating I will have.
  • So does anyone here know exactly HOW employee pricing is determined?

And does employee pricing vary by state?

Is it a certain % below invoice?

If so, what is true employee pricing on a grand cherokee in Detroit?

Does it matter if it's a ltd or a laredo?

If so, if anyone knows the employee pricing on each?

I thought it was 4% BELOW invoice but not sure if that was standard for every vehicle or if it changed depending on the year/model/etc.???

Thanks in advance for your reply!!!!
  • 70wash70wash Posts: 9
    Is it ok to share which dealer this was?
  • Just bought an 09 Lmtd V-6
    end of march
    33,300 OTD
    anyone get the same or better deal?
    anyone get the same or better deal?

Hard to tell w/o the list of equipement. 4x2 or 4x4? If 4x4, QDII or QT? Nav? Rear DVD? HID lights? You get the idea.
    A dealer in Denver told me it was 2% below invoice. Chrysler reimburses the dealer for the difference. It appears the employee pricing I've seen for March and April is not as good as it was in February so it could be less than that now.

It appears there are different deals depending on what part of the country you are in but I believe that has more to do with rebates than the employee pricing. The employee pricing prices seem to be the same no matter what zip code I type in on the Jeep website. I haven't looked recently though so that may no longer hold true.

Personally I'm not impressed by employee pricing. It worked out to be something like $930 discount on a $45k Overland. It is probably a big help for the shopper that is either not a great negotiator or hasn't done enough research to find out what they should be paying. I guess that's what this thread is for!

April incentives have not looked very good so far.
    Well, I just tried entering in different zip codes. The employee pricing is now different depending on what zip code you enter.

I'm seeing an increase in MSRP of $300 over February and an employee pricing discount of $300 less than in February so pretty much a price increase of $600 from February on the same vehicle.

That's a good way to stay out of bankruptcy! Increase prices when you can't sell them at the lower prices.
  • honda27honda27 Posts: 3
    Westbury Jeep, 3rd jeep I purchased from them.
  • 09 GC LMTD

4x4

no HID , no rear DVD

QT 1

I thought all LMTD's come w/ NAV ?
    That looks like a decent deal. You probably could have done better if you bought in February but it's like picking the top or bottom of the stock market!

Enjoy your new ride and don't look back.
    What paule said :)
  • Thanks!

Best Wishes to all!