Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Jeep Wrangler Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• lasse06lasse06 Posts: 7
    I am also looking to pre-order a 2008 Wrangler 2 door Sahara. When you ordered your 2007, did you find that negotiating was more or less challenging since you were ordering in advance?
  • printzprintz Posts: 70
    I went into the dealer knowing exactly what options I wanted & the printout of what the dealer's cost is...He said $500 over invoice(I said fine) & I got a decent price for my trade...It took all of about 15 minutes......You should be able to do the same, maybe even get a better price.....2 door shara, red rock exterior, kakhi hard top, auto, 18" wheels, power convenience group, spare tire cover, locking fuel cap, floor mats.....25,400 + tax & DMV..
    Let me know how it goes...
  • jetsfan1jetsfan1 Posts: 5
    Thanks for the input. I ordered a silver 2008 unlimited yesterday. The dealer said it should arrive in 8-10 weeks.

Does anyone have MyGig? I ordered it, although the dealer said he has never seen one.
  • kgabehurtkgabehurt Posts: 84
    Did they quote you a price that both agreed on? If so,they must have the 08' price list which Edmunds hasn't posted yet.
    I originally had ordered an 07, but it was turned into an 08........I asked the dealer if there was any price difference & he said on the Wrangler prob. not....We'll see what happens when it comes in...
    He/she should have given you a more honest answer on the pricing question. If he/she don't know then they're in the wrong business. The Wrangler had multiple base price increases this year alone.
  • giantsin06giantsin06 Posts: 63
    I agree. We are responsible for getting the most full and complete information from any and all sources . The salespeople do these deals all day ,every day . If one of them is evasive or less than candid...WALK OUT ! That is the only "weapon " we have....and we shouldn't be afraid to use it ! :mad:
    I saw an 07' Rubicon for sale with 5K miles on it. The sticker was $30,500. That same Jeep Wrangler Rubicon would now sticker out at $900 more bucks. So there were many
    subliminal price increases throughout this year. Due to the fact this model is a hot seller.
    I just spoke with a dealer that quoted me nearly $35K out the door on a Sahara 2-door, hardtop Wrangler.

I nearly choked. I paid about this much for my Infinity G35 two years ago.

Dealer told me that he was giving me "fleet price." He went on to say that there is a 9K mark up, because it is summer time and Jeeps are in such hot demand.

Whatever. I think I may consider another type of vehicle if the next dealer gives me the same party line.
    If it's a JEEP you want then get the Jeep. $9,000 Mark UP ? If that were true I'd put my 2007 Rubicon on eBay right now ! Call every dealer you can find....ask for the sales manager and ask him/her if they're interseted in selling you a Jeep and that you don't have the time to discuss nonsense. Best of luck ! :shades:
    How do you like your 07' Rubicon? Did you get a decent deal if you don't mind me asking?
    I ordered our 2008 Sahara.

Dealer said that buying a 2007 off the lot would have meant having to pay MSRP. She suggested that ordering would be a better deal. She offered $750 over dealers invoice.

We ended up agreeing on $500 over invoice. All options were at dealers invoice also. They said 13-14 weeks before the jeep would arrive. We can't wait! :)
    We leased ,signing in November .Car delivered in January. Price that was used was $26,000 which was way under MSRP .We put $1800 down and pay $449.52 per month for 36 months . We get 18,000 miles per year. :shades:
    If people are ordering 08's now then why aren't their 08' ordering sheet (with prices) listed anywhere?
  • mac24mac24 Posts: 3,910
    Perhaps because there's no urgency at the moment.

The dealer doesn't care, he'll take whatever allocation he can get. He's not worried that a few hundred dollar increase will kill sales.

The customer doesn't care, as he can always walk away if he thinks the price is too high when the vehicle arrives. As most of these deals are $X over invoice, or below MSRP, he has an indication of whether he's getting a good deal or not.

I know it might be irritating to you, but the figures will be available soon enough.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,032
    Go to our new Dealer Rater to post your sales or service review!

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

When my 08 Sahara arrives at the dealership in early August(hopefully), due to ship the 25th..........My deal was $500 over invoice, so the dealer will present me with the paperwork for my jeep & add $500 to the invoice...If the price of the 08's went up, so be it, as long as they stick to our original deal there will not be a problem, if they do not, there will be a problem(at that point I can walk away, although I'd rather not))....Will keep anyone who's interested informed........I do wish there was some info. on the 08's though........
    It's always interesting to compare the base prices on hot selling vehicles. The auto mfg's are real good at passing subliminal increases throughout the year. With the production mix highly in favor of the 4-door Wrangler (vs the 2-door) I wonder if this will entail better pricing possibilities for we 2-door enthusiasts in 08'?
    With the production mix highly in favor of the 4-door Wrangler (vs the 2-door) I wonder if this will entail better pricing possibilities for we 2-door enthusiasts in 08'?

Have any gut "guesstimates" on this issue?
    I'd like to know how it goes when your '08 arrives.

I just ordered our '08 at $500 over invoice. The dealer assured me that the pricing would not change from '07. I am still not sure that I believe her. We are expecting it to arrive in late September/early October.
    Really your best bet is to find a dealer that will work with you on a factory order. Some will, some won't, but it's an easy deal for both sides if you can agree on a price related to invoice.

I've no idea what the price change will be, but if you want a 2 door and the MSRP/invoice goes up a few hundred bucks will it stop you buying one?
    Make the best deal you can and enjoy the vehicle........the '09s won't be any cheaper. ;)
    I don't believe anyone unless I know them personally. And I'm not castigating auto dealers but it seems that the truth is a vanishing act in life today does it not?
    My dealer told me the same thing about the price really not changing on the 08's(especially the 2 door, I still have the printout for the 07 jeep I originally ordered, so i'll know right off the bat if there was any price change on the 08's)............
    Will let you know what happens when it comes in.....What model did you order???.........
    We ordered 2 door Sahara with HardTop.

We are really looking forward to getting it in. We were told 13-14 weeks from when we ordered it last week. But, hopefully it will arrive sooner.
    I'm interested in an 08' Rubicon (2-door) version. Appreciate your input as always.
    Chrysler announced today ALL Chrysler products now come with a lifetime drive train warranty. Seeing how Chrysler owns Jeep would they included in this warranty program?
    A new Jeep purchased today and beyond would fall under the program. Is what I was told from the Detroit news writer that detailed this latest warranty program. Great news for the original buyer. Subsequent sales of the auto which is less than 3 years old, the new buyer would receive a new 3 year warranty.
    Yes, definitely covers Jeeps, though no diesels, vehicles used for commercial purposes, or SRTs.

Vehicle has to be returned to an approved dealer for an inspection every five years within sixty days of the warranty starting date.

Of course it remains to be seen how long Chrysler will be around to service the warranty, and what happens if Chrysler sells off Jeep is anybodys guess.
    Of course it remains to be seen how long Chrysler will be around to service the warranty, and what happens if Chrysler sells off Jeep is anybodys guess.

My very same thoughts.
  • sciguy85sciguy85 Posts: 45
    Yep! We looked around and there was nothing in the immediate area even close to what we wanted and they knew it. I know this is weird but I actually felt I saved money. I'm not big on having to pay like this but my wife was looking at Volvos, Land Rovers and some other "crossovers" that were in the 35 to 40+ thousand range. I would have liked to wait until the "craze" died down but I'm, minimum, 6-7,000 less by paying full on the Jeep. So far we do love it. I was out with the soft top down in 75 degree weather and it doesn't get any better.