Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Jeep Wrangler Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kgabehurtkgabehurt Posts: 84
    We all know "crazes" do in fact abate. Some more than others. I'm shopping right now (08' Rubicon 2-door) but the best deals I've witnessed have been via CarMax. Only 3 Jeep locations however. But, according to them, they can not place orders on the 08' Jeep Wrangler yet. Which sounds a little suspect to me. But what do I know?
  • sciguy85sciguy85 Posts: 45
    Yes, very suspicious as they almost encouraged me to place an 08 order at the end of June. How can it be that these people don't remember they are a service organization. By actually taking pride in what they are doing and that we are excited, happy and proud of giving the 10's of thousands or dollars to have something we actually want of theirs and realizing that our happiness is what makes us want to return. Even though I received what I wanted, I cannot say it was a "pleasant" experience. The only person I really met was my sales person and the finance person. Both nice people but not the experience I expected from a company that I gave $30,000 to.
  • Who would you expect to meet? You said you met your salesperson and the finance manager. Did you expect to meet the owner, maybe a Chrysler executive? Get real bud.

And... to take that a step further, you did not give "these people" $30,000 of your money. If you were slightly more intelligent, you would realize that you gave "Chrysler" $30,000 of your money, not the dealer. The dealer finances the car from Chrysler, then pays back that "loan" when you asume your "loan".

Posters on here need to wise up a bit. Your not going to get any special treatment from any dealer, salesperson, or manufacuter. Your one small fish in an ocean of an enterprise. Your really should thank them for having the vehcile YOU wanted, in the color YOU were happy with and arranged finance terms YOU could afford.

Wise up kids!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,196
    Wow... customer service isn't exactly your strong point, is it?

Thank the dealer for letting you spend your $30K.. That's rich.. :surprise:

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Intelligent posters only please.
    Looks like you might have to move along, then...

• mac24mac24 Posts: 3,910
    Your one small fish in an ocean of an enterprise.

It's hard to really argue with the content of that post, though the packaging could have been a bit nicer.

You're buying a product built on a production line, one of many thousands. The salesman makes a very small percentage of that $30K, likewise the dealership.

The big money comes from secondhand sales, and the service and repair work that comes from having a manufacturers name on the front of the dealership.

Expect a better service when you spend $30K on a high profit item though, like jewelery or furniture. They'd better be nice to you because at least $15k will be markup! It won't break the car dealer's heart if you walk on the deal, but you might see real tears from the jeweler if you take your business elsewhere. :cry:
  • There are very professional dealers than there are anything but. I've dealt with both trying to find a 2-door Rubicon for a good price recently. The dealers are currently only selling low margin vehicles. Gas prices and people holding cars longer (because I believe they're more quality built today) are but two reasons. Still the Jeep Wrangler is sexy and premium pricing is intact. Either wait and or do your leg work. Maybe just maybe you'll find a dealer that will go half way with you. If not, then don't complain (not you personally) if you allowed your emotions to over ride your common sense. People love their vehicles in America. And dealers know all too well the latest craze are money makers. Problem is for them now those money making SUV's and trucks are not selling well. That's makes a "gotta have" unit even more valuable to them. Milk the cow until she dries up is not just an old farmer adage.
  • Amen men borther!
  • Where or where are the 08' option price lists? Edmunds just has the base prices listed NO options however. What's Jeep waiting for X-mas?
  • mb789mb789 Posts: 89
    Does Jeep (Chrysler Financial) ever offer 0% financing on Wranglers?
    Mr/Ms sathomps10, I don't know what I said to make you so mad. If you read both of my posts on this, you will note I acknowledge what I spent and how I like it. As a later post mentioned, the dealer makes it on other services of which I was not made to feel real welcome on. Your post suggested that I am an idiot for saying what I did or thinking what I do. I do have a bit of experience in purchasing vehicles as I have owned over 30 cars in my 40+ years on this planet and over half of them were from dealers. In my experience, this was one of least "positve" purchases I had (and for a vehicle which was one of the most expensive). I did expect to meet the sales manager and the service manager which I did in all but the smallest dealers before and I have felt "special" in most of those instances.

I mostly take offense on the tone concerning my intelligence. Being a physician and teacher with a tiny bit of education I would have a question with what I said and what it had to do with my intelligence. Especially when the questioner cannot spell "vehicle".
  • Forget any negative posts sir. They're all over the internet. As for your purchase good for you.
    That's good advice!!

Forgotten! Bottom line, I love my Jeep! 2000 miles on the vehicle and had to tow a 2000+ lb trailer. Cut out the overdrive and had 17 mpg to boot. Came home, dropped the top and took my wife out for a fun in the sun cruise. Not too many vehicles can do that.
  • I received this memo from a Jeep dealer in LA. Any input as to the truth of this? Seems pretty extended time-wise does it not?

AT THE PRESENT TIME JEEP HAS STOPPED SPECIAL ORDERS FOR 2007 AND ORDERS FOR 2008 WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNTIL LATE SEPTEMBER EARLY NOVEMBER.
    When I purchased mine July 5th, my dealer said that they were not accepting orders for 07's as the factory was finishing off the builds for dealer orders for inventory and any remaining customer orders. If I ordered an 08, it would have been 6 to 8 weeks, which would have put it into September then. So maybe the dealer is just covering themselves and waiting for the factory to catch up. The dealer also said that the factory was doing the change over to the 08's end of July. As it's not changing much if at all, there should have been not much change over.
  • printzprintz Posts: 70
    Picked it up yesterday...$26,700 out the door...The price has relatively unchanged........08 Sahara's come standard with 18' wheels, Dana rear axle, 1 year sirius sat. radio, I think a few small other things also) ....My options were auto, power pack, freedom hard top, red rock paint.....The front bumper has a new chrome piece surrounding the fog lights...It's solid as a rock & seems very well built...Good luck to everyone getting an 08....

For some reason I have problems accessing the forums, nothing else...It took me a week trying on several ocassions to get in...Anyone else have this problem???...
  • Congratulations. How about posting a picture ? :shades:
  • I've had no problem logging in as of late. Maybe your PC has some type of a virus or what not. If you don't mind me asking what was the sticker on your Jeep? And YES we'd all like to see some pics.
    The sticker price was $27,105(the lifetime powertrain warranty is noted on the window sticker)......
    I live in NY, many dealers have 08's in(go down & check out your local dealer)....I would not know how to post a pic....I guess it would help if I had a digital camera :-)
  • I posted an article I read Sunday regarding Jeep NOT recommending any type of synthetic oil in the Cherokee V-6 engines. I was wondering if the same holds true for the Jeep Wrangler line. But for whatever reason the post is no longer here. Any reasons?
    Go to the left-hand corner of the page and click on My Recent Posts.. You'll find it that way... You didn't post it in this discussion..

regards,
    kyfdx

In 2 places(this is still a very common problem).......Went to the dealer during my break, he replaced the front weather stripping....1 leak might be fixed, not sure about the other...Notified the dealer & they said come in any time & they'll take a look again..Not sure when I can get back there, at least it's not supposed to rain for awhile...I'm very frustrated...Will keep you informed....
  • lasse06lasse06 Posts: 7
    Just got a call from dealership. My '08 Jeep Sahara 2 door has a VIN# assigned to it. It should be just another 6-8 weeks according to dealership.
    You're all set once it's assigned a Vin.........You're going to love it........I get alot of looks.......What an improvement over the older models.........I never had a wrangler before & you def. have to get a feel for the handling, it took me a few days...........
    The dealer changed the front weather stripping in front of the roof panels(just washed the car & had the hose on the roof, no leaks, we'll see what happens).........The dealer just called me & told me that the weather stripping for the 2 front doors & for the middle of the roof panels just came in......I made an appt. for 2 weeks, this gives me time to see if the leaks have ceased.........
    Enjoy the wait!!!!
  • I ordered my 2008 on July 7th - Wrangler X (two door) with 23S/Trac-loc differential/towing package in Jeep green. Took it home on August 29th. $250 over 'invoice' but wasn't able to get rid of those junk fees (DAA/PPA, etc). Ah well, it was under sticker at least. :)
    Financed it through my credit union at 4.49% so they didn't have much motivation to drop the price any more.
    Love the Jeep, tho!
  • I thought I had bought a 2008 Rubicon Unlimited yesterday but after the dealer prepped it I noticed about a 6" white scratch on the bottom passenger side of the rear hard-top and about a 1" square area on the driver side front hard-top where the black paint was missing and you could see the green fibre-glass. I had inspected the vehicle 3 times before buying it and hadn't noticed anything so it was either dirty and I didn't notice it or the Mexicans who prepped it really screwed up. After pointing it out the Mexicans sprayed half a can of tar remover on the hard-top (and the body paint!) and completely removed the finish without touching the scratch! I immediately cancelled the deal even though the dealer desperately tried to talk me into accepting the car with warranty issues..no f'n way! Toyota here I come.
  • david34...If you don't me asking (and I'd walk away from that unit too) what was the sticker/price agreed upon, for the Unlimited 08' Rubicon? Thanks.