Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Jeep Wrangler Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kgabehurtkgabehurt Posts: 84
    After reading someone post here regarding CarMax charging more for out-of-state sales I came upon a response from another car message board: "and even though they may receive a stairstep or other kind of manufacturer incentive for volume"... Is a stairstep the same as holdback?
  • mac24mac24 Posts: 3,910
    It's just a way of describing one of the many remuneration programs for selling at higher volume levels. All manufacturers use them to one degree or another, but none are written in stone and often change from month to month.

Hypothetical example, sell up to 10 cars this month, no incentive. Sell 15 and get an extra $100 per car, sell 25 and get an extra $500 per car over the 15. Or maybe it gets paid on every car over ten, and maybe it doesn't get paid until the next quarter.

It can be of benefit to you if your deal takes the dealer to that 'stair step' to the next level, but it's not something you can count on when negotiating.
    I was reading the June sales numbers form the "Big 3" and saw where the Jeep Wrangler plant (I believe is in Ohio) has been working OT for the last 3 weeks. Anyone here work at this plant? If so how long will this OT continue?
  • giantsin06giantsin06 Posts: 63
    Hello. today I received a SAFETY RECALL G25-REPROGRAM TIPM-ENGINE STALLING. Someone mentioned stalling on this site a while ago and it looks like it's been a problem.They note that "...Totally Integrated Power Module on vehicle was programmed with software that may allow the engine to stall under certain operating conditions . This could cause a crash without warning . " So....I'm bringing my RUBI back.It's supposed to take about 1/2 hour. I hope ! :shades:
  • sciguy85sciguy85 Posts: 45
    Went into Naperville Jeep in IL and looked at the Jeep for my wife. She loved even the strippers they had (2) but wanted more (The Sahara would have been perfect) They had 6 due in "any day". We put our $$$$ deposit to hold it (no trade)but no negotiation. It was exactly what it was on the web. We wanted both tops but it only came with the hard top so they gave us the soft for the difference of the package, no real deal but less than purchasing one separately. They had no Sahara's but they had loaded X's. Ours was just missing the upgraded stereo and navigation. With the soft top it was $28,900. My "deal" was for them NOT to put on they undercoating and Scotch guard etc. I wanted it as it was coming off the truck. We were told the money down did not mean the Jeep was really ours as they had problems with other's not being able to get financing or they had other issues. We felt confident that we could get it as we had no trade and we were preapproved but you never know what they could try to add after the fact if someone was offering more. (It is that wonderful but extra $$$ Jeep green) Well the any day was almost 3 weeks and my wife was having second thoughts but it came in and everything was as promised. Out the door with taxes was $31,000. Expensive for hand adjusted mirrors and lights you actually have to turn on yourself and doors that just swing open (don't notch) but it feels like its made from a single piece of iron it's so solid and the doors clunk shut as well as my Dad's Caddy. My wife seems not as enthused as she has been coddled in her Buick SUV but I know the tune will change when the top comes off and we do some off roading. It also means I'll get to use it more than I anticipated. We did get the 2nd to the last one they were getting before the model change.
    You're telling us you had to jump through hoops to pay sticker price on a new vehicle? Why?
  • jetsfan1jetsfan1 Posts: 5
    I have a car that comes off lease in late Sept and I would like to replace it with an '08 Unlimited. Does anyone know when '08 Unlimited's will be available? I see a recent post from someone that ordered an '07, but was told they would receive an '08 in September. Are dealers taking orders for '08's now? Thanks! :confuse:
    You're telling us you had to jump through hoops to pay sticker price on a new vehicle? Why?

I think the contents of that post conform to forum title exactly.
    I have a car that comes off lease in late Sept and I would like to replace it with an '08 Unlimited.

With luck you should be able to time it perfectly. Yes, I'm sure you can place an order. Go and have a chat with your dealer.
  • printzprintz Posts: 70
    My Sahara which was ordered as an 07 on May 17th, has an estimated ship date of July 25th(as an 08 model).....They are building 08's now, i'm sure you can order 1.....
    Good Luck!!..
  • lasse06lasse06 Posts: 7
    I am also looking to pre-order a 2008 Wrangler 2 door Sahara. When you ordered your 2007, did you find that negotiating was more or less challenging since you were ordering in advance?
    I went into the dealer knowing exactly what options I wanted & the printout of what the dealer's cost is...He said $500 over invoice(I said fine) & I got a decent price for my trade...It took all of about 15 minutes......You should be able to do the same, maybe even get a better price.....2 door shara, red rock exterior, kakhi hard top, auto, 18" wheels, power convenience group, spare tire cover, locking fuel cap, floor mats.....25,400 + tax & DMV..
    Let me know how it goes...
  • jetsfan1jetsfan1 Posts: 5
    Thanks for the input. I ordered a silver 2008 unlimited yesterday. The dealer said it should arrive in 8-10 weeks.

Does anyone have MyGig? I ordered it, although the dealer said he has never seen one.
    Did they quote you a price that both agreed on? If so,they must have the 08' price list which Edmunds hasn't posted yet.
    I originally had ordered an 07, but it was turned into an 08........I asked the dealer if there was any price difference & he said on the Wrangler prob. not....We'll see what happens when it comes in...
    He/she should have given you a more honest answer on the pricing question. If he/she don't know then they're in the wrong business. The Wrangler had multiple base price increases this year alone.
    I agree. We are responsible for getting the most full and complete information from any and all sources . The salespeople do these deals all day ,every day . If one of them is evasive or less than candid...WALK OUT ! That is the only "weapon " we have....and we shouldn't be afraid to use it ! :mad:
    I saw an 07' Rubicon for sale with 5K miles on it. The sticker was $30,500. That same Jeep Wrangler Rubicon would now sticker out at $900 more bucks. So there were many
    subliminal price increases throughout this year. Due to the fact this model is a hot seller.
  • lasse06lasse06 Posts: 7
    I just spoke with a dealer that quoted me nearly $35K out the door on a Sahara 2-door, hardtop Wrangler.

I nearly choked. I paid about this much for my Infinity G35 two years ago.

Dealer told me that he was giving me "fleet price." He went on to say that there is a 9K mark up, because it is summer time and Jeeps are in such hot demand.

Whatever. I think I may consider another type of vehicle if the next dealer gives me the same party line.
    If it's a JEEP you want then get the Jeep. $9,000 Mark UP ? If that were true I'd put my 2007 Rubicon on eBay right now ! Call every dealer you can find....ask for the sales manager and ask him/her if they're interseted in selling you a Jeep and that you don't have the time to discuss nonsense. Best of luck ! :shades: