Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Jeep Wrangler Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I've had no problem logging in as of late. Maybe your PC has some type of a virus or what not. If you don't mind me asking what was the sticker on your Jeep? And YES we'd all like to see some pics.
  • printzprintz Posts: 70
    The sticker price was $27,105(the lifetime powertrain warranty is noted on the window sticker)......
    I live in NY, many dealers have 08's in(go down & check out your local dealer)....I would not know how to post a pic....I guess it would help if I had a digital camera :-)
  • I posted an article I read Sunday regarding Jeep NOT recommending any type of synthetic oil in the Cherokee V-6 engines. I was wondering if the same holds true for the Jeep Wrangler line. But for whatever reason the post is no longer here. Any reasons?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,652
    Go to the left-hand corner of the page and click on My Recent Posts.. You'll find it that way... You didn't post it in this discussion..

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

In 2 places(this is still a very common problem).......Went to the dealer during my break, he replaced the front weather stripping....1 leak might be fixed, not sure about the other...Notified the dealer & they said come in any time & they'll take a look again..Not sure when I can get back there, at least it's not supposed to rain for awhile...I'm very frustrated...Will keep you informed....
  • lasse06lasse06 Posts: 7
    Just got a call from dealership. My '08 Jeep Sahara 2 door has a VIN# assigned to it. It should be just another 6-8 weeks according to dealership.
    You're all set once it's assigned a Vin.........You're going to love it........I get alot of looks.......What an improvement over the older models.........I never had a wrangler before & you def. have to get a feel for the handling, it took me a few days...........
    The dealer changed the front weather stripping in front of the roof panels(just washed the car & had the hose on the roof, no leaks, we'll see what happens).........The dealer just called me & told me that the weather stripping for the 2 front doors & for the middle of the roof panels just came in......I made an appt. for 2 weeks, this gives me time to see if the leaks have ceased.........
    Enjoy the wait!!!!
  • I ordered my 2008 on July 7th - Wrangler X (two door) with 23S/Trac-loc differential/towing package in Jeep green. Took it home on August 29th. $250 over 'invoice' but wasn't able to get rid of those junk fees (DAA/PPA, etc). Ah well, it was under sticker at least. :)
    Financed it through my credit union at 4.49% so they didn't have much motivation to drop the price any more.
    Love the Jeep, tho!
  • I thought I had bought a 2008 Rubicon Unlimited yesterday but after the dealer prepped it I noticed about a 6" white scratch on the bottom passenger side of the rear hard-top and about a 1" square area on the driver side front hard-top where the black paint was missing and you could see the green fibre-glass. I had inspected the vehicle 3 times before buying it and hadn't noticed anything so it was either dirty and I didn't notice it or the Mexicans who prepped it really screwed up. After pointing it out the Mexicans sprayed half a can of tar remover on the hard-top (and the body paint!) and completely removed the finish without touching the scratch! I immediately cancelled the deal even though the dealer desperately tried to talk me into accepting the car with warranty issues..no f'n way! Toyota here I come.
  • david34...If you don't me asking (and I'd walk away from that unit too) what was the sticker/price agreed upon, for the Unlimited 08' Rubicon? Thanks.
  • List price was about 33,800 and they would only take the 800 off, so 33k even. Other dealers I've talked to will only sell at list. This is for dealer inventory, not orders.
  • Looking to order a 2008 Wrangler Sahara - 2 dr. automatic - Navigation, etc in Steel Blue Color. I've been to 2 dealers here in Long Island, New York who will only sell at list. Anyone have and nearby dealers that discount these at all. The dealers I've visited don't have these coming in - so has to be a new order.
  • Forget them and keep looking via the internet. I've been quoted tons of $500 over invoice here in N. IL.. Still trying to get an ordered Rubicon 2-door for invoice. I'll find one and so will you. But you have to be persistent.
  • c650c650 Posts: 8
    I'm in the market for a 4 door Unlimited. LOVE the Yellow Rubicon for its looks. Don't necessarily need the Rubicon features, so perhaps a Rescue Green Sahara with a hard top and Tow package will do. When looking at a LOT of dealers in Southern Wisconsin as well as during my travels to WV and PA, these vehicles are nowhere to be found! Any insight on the low inventory, or is it just a case of the company being critically/sadly slow to ramp up production to meet the high demand? Perhaps ordering is the way to go, it would just be nice to find more than 1 at a dealer to compare colors/features etc.
  • mb789mb789 Posts: 89
    Have you tried any dealers in the Ohio area? Try Dayton and Columbus and see if you have any luck. There are a couple dealers in the Dayon area that have Unlimited models, but I don't think they are the Sahara model.

I know exactly how you feel -- I can't find the Jeeps I'm looking for either. I was looking for either 1) a 2-door Wrangler X in Detonator Yellow with side airbags and full doors w/ a hard top or 2) a 2007 Liberty with side airbags and Selec-Trac. Both of these are pretty much non-existent, which is sad because lacking critical safety features is what led me to trade in my last Jeep for a Subaru. The Subaru is a nice car, but it doesn't have the fun factor of a Jeep. :cry:

I have also been looking at 2008 Liberty online inventories -- and none of the Sports are coming in equipped with a sunroof and Selec-Trac. Why? What are these dealers thinking?? That chrome wheels are more important than full-time 4WD? :mad:
  • Buy yours at Seaview Jeep in Ocean NJ. I picked mine up last week and got it at invoice plus $500, plus they picked up about $1200 is old lease payments. This dealer is large with stock. Ask for Patrick.
  • mac24mac24 Posts: 3,910
    Why? What are these dealers thinking??

LOL...they're thinking that they want vehicles on the lot that move quickly.

Sadly, although virtually all consumers claim to place safety and utility at the top of their priority list, that goes out the window when it comes to signing on the dotted line. :(

Except for the rare 'enthusiast', for most buyers it's price, appearance, and visible features that secure the sale. Chrome wheels beat 4WD, hi-line entertainment beats supplemental airbags.

If you could swap airbags, seatbelts and ABS for a DVD/Nav system, I'm sure that 90% of vehicles would come with the DVD/Nav. Safety is an issue for someone else. Look at how many people talk on the phone, read, apply makeup etc., etc. and even don't wear seat belts.

When I bought my Sahara and ABS was an option, there wasn't a single ABS equipped Wrangler on any dealer lot in Alabama, Florida or Georgia.

To get exactly what you want, you just need to order. :)
  • I ordered my 2008 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara in mid-July. I was told my wait would be 6-8 weeks. As of today, the dealer is telling me that Jeep still hasn't 'picked up' my order - in other words, it hasn't been scheduled and it hasn't been assigned a VIN. They tell me they can't even tell me when I can expect to get the new Jeep. With an existing lease expiring in 2 weeks, I have a problem. I feel like I'm getting the run-around. Any advice would be appreciated.
  • mac24mac24 Posts: 3,910
    Contact Chrysler/Jeep and ask what's going on.

The only delays I know of are:
    (WPK) 18” Aluminum machined wheels, which have a Job #1 of 10/15/07,
    and (CKT) Cargo tie-down loops, which have a Job #1 of 1/3/08.

Does your order feature either of those?
  • mac24: What do you mean by these job #1 dates? Job #1 of 10/15/07, Job #1 of 1/3/08. Does this mean the orders with these options can't be filled until the given dates?