Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Jeep Wrangler Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mb789mb789 Posts: 89
    That is great news! We would love to see pictures. :D
  • kicker9kicker9 Posts: 56
    What's the M.S.R.P. on the Jeep? On an 09 you sould be able to get about 2 grand off sticker plus an additional 1500 in rebates. It's already a model year old, if you're only getting 1100 off sticker, you may as well pay 500 more and get a 2010 model, only drawback is the forever lifetime powertrain warranty ends with the 09 models, 2010 has a 5year/100,000 powertrain warranty.
  • Hi Britmsu -

How are you?? - and how is your NEW Jeep ???
    I haven't posted in a while, but we are finally about to put together our order for a a new Jeep Sport and I was wondering how things are going for you and your new jeep ? I am especially curious to know how you are liking the new Charcoal color ? -
    I am having an EXTREMELY hard time deciding between ordering a Black one vs. the new Charcoal Grey color...did you even consider Black ?....and was wondering if you were ever able to post pictures somewhere of your new jeep ?
    I would love to see it if possible -

As before, any and all input is more than welcome -
    Hope your lovin' it.....
    Thanks !
  • I only have two pictures, (sorry for the quality, my dad took them with his iPhone). You can see how dark the color is. I never considered the Black because keeping black clean in a nightmare. I thought about the silver, but in certain angles and light it looks like white, and I do not like white. I would recommend finding one nearby and compare the black and grey. but the charcoal is very dark. If you google '2010 jeep wrangler charcoal' click on 'jeepforum.com' and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the photobucket link. that will take you to the two pictures I have. I am going to try to add more, but I have been really busy.
  • mac24mac24 Posts: 3,910
    If you google '2010 jeep wrangler charcoal' click on 'jeepforum.com' and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the photobucket link

Much simpler to use the 'img' button to include them in your post. :)

• I'm to take delivery of my 2010 Jeep Wrangler xs in a week. I'm leaving a lease of a 2007 Rubicon...sad parting , but the Rubi is more car than I need .No bare rock hills ,impassible terrain here . My son , who is a car salesman (toyota) guided me through what I think is a grand deal . This time I'm buying , no $ down , 5.4 % interest for 72 months . ,$409 per . With the stimulus tax deduction and a Chrysler refund of $1200 (due to unused mileage on lease) , I'm quite happy. If things work out I'm going to try to pay off well before the six years. Jeep is a two door. I just don't think of the four doors as real Jeeps. And the soft doors are a must as well. RED ROCK RED and ready to roll ! :)
  • I also understand that the 0% for three years is available. More toys than I want but it is available on the lot.

2010 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 4 door
    This has Dual Tops,Trailer Tow Group,Automatic,Nav.,Remote Start.It's Black with a black top. $34,110 MSRP we will sell for $31,238 plus Tax & Tag Fees.

Thanks
    stheodd1@yahoo.com
  • The prices are all in the market you make you purchase in. I bought a new 09 Wrangler Unlimited 4X4 Manual 6 speed basic model soft top in September for $21,500 In Tucson, AZ. I am pleased with the deal.
  • Can anyone share what they've recently paid for a 4D Rubicon? Thanks so much!!
  • mb789mb789 Posts: 89
    I recently purchased a 2010 Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4X4 Automatic in Ohio, and I was very pleased with my deal as well. I didn't have to order it; it came from a dealer lot with the color and options I wanted.
  • Hi guys. I'm looking to lease a Wrangler Unlimited, not decided yet for a Sahara 4x2 or a Rubicon 4x4. The 4x4 is not an issue to me, but both are on my list because different things (availability most of all).

Do you have any idea on how much will cost me if the Jeep is about 30,000? Do you have any idea on money factor or residual, etc? Please if you have any ideas it will be great.
  • This site has been great in helping me purchase a prior vehicle and now my Jeep Rubicon. I thank all that contribute and I wanted to do my part. I live in Tampa, FL and visited several local dealers with little to no give in pricing from anyone. Margins are skinny on this truck and Jeep is the only Chrysler brand selling. They had no motivation to negotiate. That was obvious. I looked up new inventory on jeep.com, found my truck, called a small town dealer over 200 mi away and negotiated a deal with no trade in over the phone. I gave them a bottom line price and told them I would drive the same day to pick it up if they agreed. From their point of view, they got a sale they normally would not get. I am over 200 mi away. From my point of view, I got a motivated dealer to work with me. They called me back in 20 min and agreed. I drove over that afternoon.
    This is what I got.
    2010 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon Dark Slate Gray with satin carbon rims and the BSW off road tires. Optional equip was trailer tow group, auto trans, 730N Media Center (GPS, 30gig, U-connect, 1 yr Sirius), black freedom top, and $750 destination charge. Total bottom line MSRP was $36,180. I negotiated $33,180 and the $750 customer rebate was subtracted making the purchase price $32,430. Add in tax, title, license, etc and a $495 dealer fee after that. I had some cash down and got 4.99% financing on the rest. I was in and out in less than 45 min. A truely great small local dealer who treated me right. This thing is fully loaded and I am excited to get off road!
    I was told they realized after negotiating the deal that Chrysler no longer makes Wranglers in the slate gray color. This was the only Slate Gray Unlimted Rubi left in all of FL, GA, MS, and AL. I was told had they realized this in advance, they probably wouldn't have agreed on the price. Could have been just BS but I knew this before they did by the inventory search on jeep.com and this message board. I dont care about the exclusivity, just love the color and I am sure they still made more than enough money off me.
    I emailed, phoned and walked out of a half a dozen local dealers only willing to come a grand or less off sticker. I finally got one $3k off MSRP (plus rebate). Could I have got a better price? Who knows. Probably not in FL on this truck. If your looking, try calling an out of town dealer and stay motivated to negotiate. Thanks to the board for your help. See ya on the trail.
  • Happy trails and such . Did you really need a Rubicon ? How much rock climbing can you do in Florida ? I had a Rubicon for three years and have a 2010 Sport now. The Sport is all I need in Western Ny , and Martha's Vineyard. :)
  • Is this a good deal? 2010 Jeep Wrangler S with 23S, Dual tops, pwr conv and trailer hitch MSRP $26,855 I would have to order in much choice of color for $24,125 8- 10 weeks delivery? Good deal?
  • Your post is about a month old now ... I hope this is still relevant for you. Yesterday I bought a 2010 unlimited 4dr with 23S, black, soft top, Infinity sound+sub, 3.73. Price was 26,240 before taxes and $2,000 in rebates and incentives. They paid my two-year old trade-in off after some haggling, so no negative equity there. In fact, the trade-in reduced the selling price of the Jeep for purposes of calculating taxes, which I didn't know they did. Net effect was about $700 savings there. The long and short of it is that I think I got a reasonable deal (about $25k even) and it's exactly the Jeep I wanted. I need to add a tow hitch, but that's minor. I'm happy!
  • jedussjeduss Posts: 7
    Thanks for the info in your post. I realize it's been over a month, but was hoping to use your deal as a benchmark for a deal I'm currently working. Could you clarify what your MSRP was and what you ultimately paid (excluding any impact of trade-in and taxes, but reflecting any rebates and incentives)? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm trying to determine what my starting point should be for an Unlimited with MSRP of $30,075.
  • I am working with a dealer on a 10 sport unlimited. they have MSRP listed on their web site for $26340 but say they added the lift kit to raise the price to $28888

Is the dealer installed lift kit worth $2500? I like the vehicle at the lower price (well duh) and if I get fair trade would be willing to do a deal. Thanks for any thoughts on the matter.
  • Actually it depends on the lift kit. Some are $500 and they go up to $4,500 for a good long arm kit that basically replaces the suspension and exchaust.

If you are planning on doing any off roading then I would recommend you get a basic setup and then do some research on the right kind lift for the terrain you will be doing a majority of your off-roading.

My guess is that they put in a budget boost 3" kit that won't hold up under serious articularion. Plus you are paying for them to install it in that price. Go to quadratec.com and check out their lift kits.
  • My local dealership has at least 2 lifted JK's at any one time. They use both long arm kits and budget boost's. If you plan on lifting it, find out which type of lift they used, what the price is to get it done at another shop, and if it's the type of lift you want.

Some folks prefer the dealer to install the lift as you get a better warranty. My dealer offers 3yr/36000 on the aftermarket parts they offer and install.

If you don't need the lift stay with the stock Sport and save the extra $$.
  • 08tlrules08tlrules Posts: 2
    would love to know what others are paying vs invoice on 2010 wranglers -- dont care about aftermarket parts -- bare bones -- 2011 are already on the lot-- I live in NE and want a 2010 (with the 0 percent financing). i crave numbers as edmunds states the selling price still over invoice -- i cant believe that as DGX has not had a good year and 40 plus percent of the cars they sell go to fleet sales.

ja rule