Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Liberty Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• faroutfarout Posts: 1,609
    joe233: If you intend to buy a new CRD you will have to spend some time on the Jeep site and check inventories. They stopped making the 06 CRD about May 1 06. As a total they made 11,000. 8,333 were made in 05 and the rest were made in 06. Not very many when you consider it. DCX tried to get the maker V M Motori the Italian maker of the CRD, to get a CRD that would pass the 07 Federal Emissions standards. Even VW has dropped their diesel for 07. Dodge is still working out the Ram's diesel and may be late fall to be ready. But all the diesels are going to cost a lot more from now on. DCX is having a MB Bluetec Diesel in the grand C. in Jan of 07.
    So if you are serious nows the time. You can get anywhere from $2,500. to $4,000. off depending on the dealer. In Kansas City I saw some dealers add $2000. to what was employee pricing. Hope this helps.

Farout
    joe233: any order had to be made bfore April. They stopped making the CRD on May 1, 06

Farout
  • xkmailxkmail Posts: 36
    Horrible resale value, heck in los angeles you can get a new 2007 for $16K +TTL, and they have hundreds on the lot.
    Mine has depreciated over 50% in jsut one year, buy used, save yourself a headache.
    xkmail: No dealer will just give you what you want off the bat. You have to deal just as hard for the trade in value as you did for the price of the vehicle. I traded our 2005 Liberty Limited in after a year and it cost me $5,000. after 15,000 miles. That's a far cry from 50%! In fact it was 24%. I bargin harder with the trade only after I have a final purchase price. They assume I have no trade, because I say I want the price for the vehicle all by its self. It has come to the point where I walked away from the dealer, but what ever I save is money I do not have to spend.

Farout
  • In Minneapolis, the CRDs hold their value much better than the V6s if you compare matching equipment levels. I read a thread about this awhile ago and then went to the statistics and also talked to the sales manager at my 5 star dealership who is actually someone who believes in being truthful.

My dealer told me, based on what he can sell them for is getting a $2300 premium for the CRD on used 05s with 25000 miles on them.

He laughed and said that isn't what they're offering for trade ins. Any trades they're getting are from folks that for whatever reason have decided that diesel was a bad idea and want something else. I can totally empathize with the situation. I did the same thing with a previous vehicle and really took a bath on dumping it after a year. It is a difficult situation. For any vehicle however, it is highly unusual to trade after a year.

The reason for the premium is that the number of CRDs on the lot has dwindled and some people who want an 06 are happy getting what they percieve to be a deeply discounted 05.

In hard numbers you can pick up a loaded V6 Limited gasser for around a shade over $18,000.

An identically equipped CRD will sit for less time and the dealers are getting around $20,600 by the time you get done negotiating.

A new one stickers for $30,400 and I paid $26,800 new for mine, identically equipped to all these examples.

And I ain't selling. I love my CRD.

:)
    05crdjeep: The only person who wins when buying is the dealer. They will not sell a vehicle for less than they owe on it. Same with a trade the dealer always wins. They may cry, and put on a huge act about how much they or going in the hole, but it's done to make us think we got the best of the dealer. And who does not want to tell their story of what a huge deal they got on a dealer?
    When it gets to the point where we all pay the same price, and no wheeling or dealing, they we all will pay less, and only then.

Farout
  • You know, the happy part of this situation is that if you look in the used market, there are some excellent deals out there. We recently purchased a lease return, Liberty Limited, 4WD, PW, PL, Auto, 3.7L engine, etc for just over $13K, with under 25k miles. Not as neat as the more trimmed out models (I miss cruise control! :cry: ) but the unit handles great, tires are good, and a real delight to drive.
  • high201high201 Posts: 1
    could you please tell me exactly what a Docking Fee is. Is it a prep fee? And how much would a docking fee cost for a 2007 Jeep Liberty Sport in MA. Thanks in Advance
  • i bought a 29f, nav, side air bags, limited, control panel, automatic, moonroof and few other options, 31000sticker and got it for 23500. then told my local dealer who is a friend and said he would take off 100 so i got it there (didnt want to ask him for the price...they go below invoice then take off rebates. 23400 all rebates to dealer but still. you can find the dealer on ebay by putting in liberty 2007, they usually show a stocl number and are in NC. no paper work charges, no bull. even swapped out the chrome grill for black for free. yea they can make money on it but i wanted black.
  • sunmailsunmail Posts: 5
    What's up with this site ?? 4 posts since last September ?? This can't be right, can't believe the inactivity. In the market for '06 used or what's the latest as Jeep tried to clear out the '07s ?? Know it's all new for '08 but I appreciate the current style, nice balance of style & size and it's solid. Lucked out with a loaded '07 Ltd 4x4 rentql when skiing Tahoe last March and really liked it. Not a fan of Chrysler quality but will roll the dice one more time. On the down side, lots of ex rentals in the market right now. There's been major depreciation on them but good opportunity for the used buyer.

Anyone out there ?? Let's revive this site !!
  • mb789mb789 Posts: 89
    How does the process usually work to special order a Jeep? Once you decide the exact model, color, options, etc. and take your printout to the dealer, then what do you do after this -- negotiate the price and then place the order? Do you have to sign anything -- like the agreed upon price sheet? What if the dealer asks for some kind of deposit -- is this necessary? Then, if a trade is involved, do they evaluate the trade at that time and then again when your new vehicle comes in?
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,261
    You negotiate the price and put down a deposit. Your trade will be reevaluated when the time comes to take possesion. If they lower the trade in you can walk and get back your deposit. Wouldn't give them more than 1-2 hundred as a deposit. Unless you order something very unpopular, they will just put it on the lot.
  • I see no one has posted here since August 2007. I am interested in getting a really good deal for an '07 Liberty, 6-speed manual in the NY/NJ/CT area. Anyone out there know what's going on with Jeep offers? I've been reading some not great things about Jeeps right now and I am wondering if it's worth the investment.

Looking foward to your responses.
  • wmarswmars Posts: 1
    You can't go wrong with the liberty. I have a 2002 sport with over 100,000 miles on it and it still runs like new. It will go anywhere and park anywhere. I tows my boat with ease. I love it.
  • I am interested in an '08 Liberty Ltd pretty much loaded....nav, etc. Does anyone out there have any experience buying an '08? I'd like to know how much I might be able to haggle off the MSRP. I know they currently have a $1K incentive and another $1K for being a repeat Chrysler customer, but how much more might I get off?

Any info/suggestions you might have would be greatly appreciated. As my name suggests, I'm in Texas, if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

ChiGirl
  • I'm planning to buy a similar Liberty. Considering that Chrysler just started offering buying incentives on their website, I expect they will continue offering better and more incentives.

The auto business is so slow now that by February or March of 2008, I'm guessing dealers will be starving and will offer very nice deals especially on SUVs that get less-than-great gas mileage. Let's face it by next spring the price of gas will only be higher than it is now which will only cut further into dealer sales. That's when I plan to buy mine.
  • I'm planning to buy a new '08 Liberty Limited in February or March of 2008, but I also plan to relocate cross country in April of 2008.

I feel that I stand a better chance of getting the exact vehicle I want here in the country's car capitol of So California than I could find in northern New England where I plan to relocate to. But I don't want to have to pay sales taxes and registration here in Cali just to get hit again with additional registration fees in New England when I relocate.

Any thoughts as to whether I can special order my new Liberty from the dealer in the New England town where I plan to relocate? I haven't contacted them yet to see if they'll even agree to this, but presuming that they will, what kind of deposit should I give them considering we're over 3000 miles apart.
  • I am looking at purchasing a 2007 Liberty, manual transmission and was given a quote of about $17500. Is this good for the NY/NJ/CT area? Anyone out their want to share their recent purchasing experience? I'd love to know. Thanks!
  • I just got a 2007 liberty from Buffalo.
    limited version with leather and g package(select tranc and ....)
    21333+tax and fee
    don't know whether it is a good deal or not.
    But sounds yours price pretty fair.
  • I just bought a 2007 Jeep Liberty Sport, Manual Transmission for $17,500 from Pamby Motors in CT (MSRP: $23,110) After going on websites like www.carbuyingtips.com and Edmunds, I was able to figure out the DEALERS cost (not invoice,which is more money) which includes rebates and factory-to-dealer incentives (it was $5,000 up to 12/3/07). Pamby Motors was excellent! They offered a great price, they got me a good deal on financing and warrenty and made the experiece so simple and smooth. I almost thought I wasn't in a car dealership.

You sound like you got a great deal too for the Limited with the G Package. How much was the MSRP?

I was nervous at driving manual (hadn't in about 15 years), but I slipped right back into it (like riding a bike) and I love it. How do you like your Jeep?
  • The MSRP for my liberty is 28848. Yes, it is G package.
    love the 4X4 full time.
  • gtangjrgtangjr Posts: 25
    Also got Premium Groups 1 and 2, MyGig, Premium Audio, Tow Pkg, Leather (slate gray), Chrome Grill, Siding, Rear Cover, and Wheels. It's the 2WD.

Paid $300 over invoice ($29,735 before T&L) and chose the $2.99 gas instead of the rebate. Also got the maintenance plan for $1,400.00, which includes rental.

Purchased from David Ellis Jeep in Canoga Park, CA from James. Very, very cool guy. No pressure at all.

Issues so far:

*They forgot to charge the A/C system. Found this out on a 117-degree San Fernando Valley day. They fixed it right away.

*They forgot to install the little antenna. Had to go back to pick it up.

*MyGig has frozen a couple of times. Resetting has done the trick.

*Wind noise evident at 75MPH+ while Sky-Slider roof is closed.

*Only achieving about 15MPG, even with a lot of highway driving (without stop and go).
  • smunsie3smunsie3 Posts: 4
    I am looking to email dealers in early August to hopefully pick up a 2008 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD in early-mid Sept. Is it too early now to tell what a residual will be on this vehicle in another month? Or does it stay constant for a while. Also, same thing with the money factor? I am just looking to get an idea if I can keep my payments around $350/mo on a 12k mi per year limited with standard sunroof (not sky slider), and option package 1?? I'd like to go into the dealers knowing my numbers and hoping for the best, Thanks
    Because sales data is relatively low, residuals are harder to come by. Most dealers here in Los Angeles consult the NADA residual guidebook for this information. If it's a new model, they often base it on prior model history and adjust as the years go by and more data is collected.

I would think that you have a reasonable chance of getting this payment, but it also depends on your cap reduction, etc. BTW, money factor is just a fancy derivative of a lease's APR, it's not affected by residuals, but by market forces and your credit.
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    You don't know the numbers they do. Email 10-20 jeep dealers (jeep website) for their best monthly payment on a jeep of your description with a 12000 mile lease for 36 months with no or very little money down.. Let them know your are contacting 20 dealers and your fico score. Do this last week of the month and work the top 3 against one another. Have them break it down (I would prefer) or not. The monthly payment (no money down) is what counts for 36mo. See what happens or who breaks the last 3 days.

You don't know the deals they can work or the true lowest money factors involved with currency exchange rates so the lowest is the lowest you can work over the phone within 200 mi. Keep your 350/mo mental target to yourself for awhile. A 31000 jeep limited should sell for about 23000 or less. I've seen some advertised deals well under $300 on leases on cars in this range.

--jjf

am looking to email dealers in early August to hopefully pick up a 2008 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD in early-mid Sept. Is it too early now to tell what a residual will be on this vehicle in another month? Or does it stay constant for a while. Also, same thing with the money factor? I am just looking to get an idea if I can keep my payments around $350/mo on a 12k mi per year limited with standard sunroof (not sky slider), and option package 1?? I'd like to go into the dealers knowing my numbers and hoping for the best, Thanks
    Great – thanks for your answers. If my lease on my ’06 Pontiac G6 coupe is up Sept 14 … when do you suggest I contact dealers? I will be considering 2 SUV’s … the obvious 2008 Jeep Liberty Limited and the 2008 Toyota Highlander (base model) so I want to be sure to leave enough time to shoot out emails, meet with the top 3 from each Jeep and Toyota and get the SUV by Sept 14 latest.
    Thanks for your input. I figured the residual may be skewed for the new model so I’ll just try and work the best purchase price obviously and see where I can get the best deal
    Because I used to broker cars I've been pretty lucky about not having to go through all this work. It takes a lot of effort to email that many dealers, especially if you include the deluge of repeated follow-up you will receive.

If you can, find out if your credit union has a purchasing service. Often you can save a lot of headaches. If you don't belong to a CU, a good resource is www.advocar.com, which works just the same way, or even carsdirect.com. I worked for both companies (they are national) and can tell you from the back end that it isn't even remotely close to their goal to screw you, especially Advocar (which is also known as Autoland).

Good luck!
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    Thats silly. Test drive the cars now, decide what you want and work the top 3 guys (survivors) over the phone/email while watching TV from your couch. By no means run between 3 dealers in the september heat. That went out of style when Grahm Bell invented the telephone in the 1870's much less the internet. Usually if somethings going to break it will be the last 3 days of the month, So email out the last 7 days of July.

If you look up a Jeep limited 07 like the one you want used on kbb.com you will probably find a msrp 31000 model probably barely has a trade-in for 17000. This will be what your new 08 will be worth in 12 months. This is probably a optimistic number as the market is miserable for these SUV's. I wouldn't buy one for less than 10000 off msrp so we're looking for a killer lease here.

Good luck
    --jjf

Great – thanks for your answers. If my lease on my ’06 Pontiac G6 coupe is up Sept 14 … when do you suggest I contact dealers? I will be considering 2 SUV’s … the obvious 2008 Jeep Liberty Limited and the 2008 Toyota Highlander (base model) so I want to be sure to leave enough time to shoot out emails, meet with the top 3 from each Jeep and Toyota and get the SUV by Sept 14 latest
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,906
    Test drive the cars now, decide what you want and work the top 3 guys (survivors) over the phone/email while watching TV from your couch.

Is there any certain program I should be watching? :P

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs