Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Liberty Prices Paid and Buying Experience

123457»

Comments

• oldmac1oldmac1 Posts: 6
    Certainly do not want to influence your decision about your 08 Liberty purchase but a little info may help you here. The regular sunroof's will leak water during a high pressure car wash and Jeep has informed me that it was not designed to go through Hi pressure car washes. Secondly the torque converter cause the car to feel like its stumbling going up a slight hill at 30 mph. Once again, it is a design issue. I have had 7 Jeeps and this is the first for both of these events. My 02 Liberty was flawless and just required brakes. I like the 08's and they are great vehicles with only these two exceptions and you may luck out and not be bothered by these two things. I would not let them stop me from buying another Liberty but I wish I would have known this so I could have bought one without a sunroof.
  • norm26norm26 Posts: 4
    I negotiated for $20,275 for a new 2008 4x4 Sport model. How does this deal sound? I'm also looking at Frontiers and Xterra's but I'm having trouble finding a 4x4 model. Nissan doesn't seem to make many four wheel drive vehicles in the south.
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    A 08 25000 msrp jeep liberty 4wd sport will barely have a trade in value of about 13000 in 12 months. (What an 07 trades in for now --kbb.com). So that sounds lousy. Resale for all the 20mpg trucks/suv types of vehicles is miserable and anything less than 8 k or so off msrp for a liberty like this is no deal at all.

You seem to be looking at several styles and good 4wd. Try cars.com on a search for your new vehicle within 200 or so miles of your home. May help to locate a 4wd nissan, and show how many available within 30-200 mi. The nissan frontier board has several posts of 8-10k off msrp and some assertions that dealers in certain areas are blowing out quests, frontiers, titans, and xterras for almost 40% off or more. May be worthwhile getting quotes from all the 4wd cars.com hits (or nissan website ) within 200 mi or so for quotes towards the end of the month and see what you can smoke out.

Might be worth doing on the Honda Ridgeline, Pilot or Trailblazer, although only the trailblazer has true 4wd. A 32000 msrp 08 trailblazer has a kbb trade in price (07 used model) of about $13000. Nada and Edmunds put it at closer to 18000 but seeing lots of dealer usually high asking prices for low mile 07's below Nada trade in price the 13000 figure is probably closer to the truth.

If you request bids from 20 or more dealers via email within 100 or so miles toward end of month would a 17000 or less price on a 32000 msrp TB be possible? 40% off a Frontier? (17000 for a well equipped 27000 4wd crew) 10000-12000 off a Ridgeline or Pilot? 10k off a Liberty? Don't know until you get the bids. (and callbacks from those interested) Lots off may include favorable financing or not. I've always liked the Dodge Dakota, and 1/2 (Its been done in Detroit on the Ram) off a (inflated msrp) 32000 Dakota would be good. All depends upon stocks on hand. Dakota has respectable 4wd, and lifetime powertrain waranty.

Good luck
    --jjf

i>I negotiated for $20,275 for a new 2008 4x4 Sport model. How does this deal sound? I'm also looking at Frontiers and Xterra's but I'm having trouble finding a 4x4 model. Nissan doesn't seem to make many four wheel drive vehicles in the south.
  • norm26norm26 Posts: 4
    I tried to get him down around 18500 or 19000 but they wouldn't come down any further. They tried to offer me way above the 20,275 twice but I had no interest in that for a liberty. I really would like the frontier crew cab 4x4. I'm going to try getting back to the Nissan rep and see if he can locate something. I'm thinking it might ruin any chances of bringing the price down if they have to crawl the state for what I want.
  • What is the best price you think for a jeep 4x4 sport without the roof or with the roof , before or after taxes ...

i have 21 435 right now (includes 4500 in rebates and offers) and employee discount.

Any thoughts?
  • was that with or without tax
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    Look up the trade in value of your vehicle in its 07 model year with avg miles.(kbb.com) It probably is worth 12000 less than msrp. This is what your 08 will be worth in 12 months.

In that context, $5000 off is nothing to write home about.

good luck
    --jjf

What is the best price you think for a jeep 4x4 sport without the roof or with the roof , before or after taxes ...

i have 21 435 right now (includes 4500 in rebates and offers) and employee discount.

Any thoughts?
  • just got one for $13,749 (base 4x4 model). Located in NY.
  • I'm also in NY and got a 08 Liberty with sunroof and tow package for just under $15,000...
  • Yeah that's right. I have a 2005 limited diesel now with 150K on it. I still get 33 Mpg Hi-way and 25 City. Runs like a Pocket Watch, pulls like a Buffalo. I just want more control over my gears. If they put a BMW 6 speed electroshift auto in one that might be good too! I love my diesel, its like a bulldog, just need to know how to feed and care for it.
  • tbtmediatbtmedia Posts: 21
    edited March 2012
    I was given a price for a Liberty Sport and I want to get feedback the proposed deal:

Sticker: $27,515/Sale Price: $26,600

39-month lease/10,000 miles/month

$339/month (sign and drive -- no $$ down at all): Price includes taxes and the only options include Bluetooth and a skyslide sunroof.
  • tbtmediatbtmedia Posts: 21
    Hi -

I got an updated price on a 39-month lease and wanted to see if anyone could advise if this was a good deal:

MSRP: $27,065
    Sales Price: $24,493 (includes tax)

Jeep Liberty Sport 4 x 4
    Standard Sunroof
    Convenience Package
    Popular Package
    Media Center (although I'm not sure if this includes Nav -- am checking)

With $500 down (that's all -it's a sign and drive), monthly lease is $303.22.

Anyone out there?
123457»