Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Town & Country Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ordered1208ordered1208 Member Posts: 9
    I am telling you,Chrysler is not going to offer the friends discount anymore.I am not sure of the cut off date.If you worked here in Michigan at their HQ, you may know a little more information. The 800 number that you called is down in Knoxville Tennessee and sometimes in India, not here in Auburn Hills,Michigan. I do not post stuff just to see it in print.You probably have not heard about it is because it was just announced yesterday.
  • joels1017joels1017 Member Posts: 11
    I was already given a control number by tedebear that I was going to be using this summer to purchase a town & country. Do this apply to everyone or only those who have not yet been issued a control number?
  • pmwalkerpmwalker Member Posts: 8
    Here's an article from today's Detroit Free Press:
    Detroit Free Press Article

Mentions the cancellation of EC program, but says the Friends and Supplier programs still exist.
  • joels1017joels1017 Member Posts: 11
    Thanks for the link pmwalker, glad to know my Friends Discount code will still be working come this summer when its time to purchase the new minivan for the expanding family. Whew.

:)
  • mwlmwl Member Posts: 5
    As a dealer I applaud the move. The Employee purchase program will remain in effect for employees, not their extended family and friends as it should be. You mooches will have to deal from retail now. I can tell you this was a result of dealer input and the supplier program is not long for this world too. How great it is...
  • tedebeartedebear Member Posts: 832
    I am telling you,Chrysler is not going to offer the friends discount anymore.

Well, you seem to be the only one who has heard anything about this, including the Chrysler customer service rep I spoke with on Friday. The rep sounded like she was somewhere in the US, not India.

Don't you think that that if this was announced the Detroit Free Press would have included it in a story by now? They seem to have an inside scoop on what's going on with Chrysler before anyone else.

You probably have not heard about it is because it was just announced yesterday.

So, what's the ORIGINAL source on this announcement? Link?

If you interpreted the Detroit Free Press story on Friday March 21 to mean that the Friends program is ending, that's not what it says. The "extended family" EC discount program ended way back on January 2. This is not late-breaking news.
  • rmbalisarmbalisa Member Posts: 129
    I agree with tedebear...there has been no announcement to employees of any cancellation of the friends program. Actually, it is a good incentive program to get more people to buy their cars. The difference between 1% and 5% below invoice is a couple hundred dollars of profit.
  • mcmullen2002mcmullen2002 Member Posts: 2
    I am going buy a T&C Limited this weekend - are there any Friends codes available? We test drove the T&C, Odyssey and Sienna and researched extensively before settling on the T&C. I truly believe that all are good choices, but we really loved the features on the T&C.

Help would be truly appreciated and most definitely used.
    Thank you!
  • 28tellicherry28tellicherry Member Posts: 3
    I too will be purchasing a T&C this weekend or next. We test drove the T&C, Toyota and Honda. Like the look of the Honda more - but the features and price of the T&C can't be beat!

We would be very greateful for a Friends and Family code. Many thanks in advance. :)
  • sagetipssagetips Member Posts: 3
    I ordered a 2008 T&C on 2/4/08 (before discovering this forum) and am still waiting for delivery. Here's the deal I worked:

$30,091 T&C Touring w/25L pkg and AGV (swivel N go seating)
    - 3,000 Rebates (incl $500 from local auto show at time ordered)
    1,815 (Lifetime wrap around warranty - $100ded/covers 5,000 components)
    1,828 Taxes & Title

$30,740 Cost to me

I plan to hold on to this vehicle for a looong time, so the lifetime warranty is important. I think I've got a good deal, but the folks on this board sure know a lot more about these things than I. I wasn't aware of the "friends" discount and don't know if this would make a big difference in the pricing I'm getting.

I'd welcome any suggestion on how to improve the deal. Nothing is signed at this point and given that I've had to wait far longer than expected, I wouldn't feel too bad about bringing something up.

Thanks
    I'd welcome any suggestion on how to improve the deal.

You can look up the invoice on Edmunds. Then subtract 1% off that price to get the approximate Friends discount price. Any rebates or other price incentives are further subtracted from that for even greater savings.

If you find that the price is significantly lower than the deal you have going then post a request on some of the Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep forums for a Friends discount number. Many Chrysler employees are also car enthusiasts who visit the forums often.

Do a Google search for some of the popular forums. There are many more than just here on Edmunds.
  • mcmullen2002mcmullen2002 Member Posts: 2
    That's a great suggestion. This forum has been a big help in our car buying process. I continue to get a quality education and many good tips. Once again, we are looking to purchase this weekend and we will use your suggestion - a Friends code would be still be great though!
    Anyone looking for a Friend's discount and are having a hard time finding a number might want to try this from a member named slaphappy.

Friends Discount

The Friend's discount price is listed next to the PP (Preferred Pricing) code on the invoice.
  • tlmhgtlmhg Member Posts: 3
    I love the new van. The Mygig entertainment center is more than I thought it would be. Like the touch screen.

I purchased at touring K pkg and Swivel and go seats

$28,174
    -$2750 in rebates
    Total before warranty and taxes =$25,424

I bought a warranty separately at the dealer. Once we figured the powertrain warranty was going to get this van to an old age, we figured the rest may need one too. Maybe this is where they make their money.
    7/100,000 warranty $1755 ( taxed additional$114)

I read about a "donkey kick" technique listed on here in Feb. Basically, get a number of dealers to contact you all thru email and don't give them your phone number until you get where you want price wise. I never had dealers calling me.

Good luck to those of you out there still looking and buying. I am so glad to be done with it.
  • xenuxenu Member Posts: 4
    Hey guys, i just got an EC code from another forum (in yahoo) but i think he is messing with me. I dont want to post it but the code is 9 numbers long (no letters). Does this sound right? I thought it would be as long as a vin#!
    friends control numbers are 7 digit and alphanumeric. Looks like a hoax
    your price isnt that bad...only about $100-200 above the friends price.
    Thanks! Something did not sound right. I am supposed to do the deal today, does anyone have any advice? Will they give me the deal without the number?
    Hey guys, i just got an EC code from another forum (in yahoo) but i think he is messing with me.

Also, the EC program ended on January 2. The Employee Purchase and Friends programs are still going, unlike what you may have read by someone on here two weeks ago.

And unless you gave him all the info listed below to register you for the program there's no way he could have generated a number for you.

1. First and last name
    2. Full street address, including city, state and zip
    3. 10-digit phone number
    4. Date of birth
    5. Buyer’s SSN (last 4 digits only)
    6. Email address you’d like the control number sent to
    7. Vehicle model you’re interested in purchasing/leasing
    I did not give him any of that. Do you think the dealer will still give me the deal? T&C touring signature w\25l package. Invoice is $31579. EP = $30118 - $1500 rebate. Can they still give me that price?
    Unless you are a close relative of a Chrysler employee I doubt the dealer would sell it to you for the EP price. However, it never hurts to try. I posted the link from someone who apparently bought one at the Friends discount price when they didn't even have a number.

Sales are slow everywhere - give it a try.
  • mommydebmommydeb Member Posts: 9
    Buying very soon (next couple weeks) 2008 T&C Touring M.
    Please help with a friends and family discount code if you can.
    Thank you,
    Deb
  • lmiller23lmiller23 Member Posts: 2
    I am getting a town & country touring 25L, with dvd & nav, does anyone know the lowest possible negotiable price I can get them down to? I have a friends code, but I feel like they've been trying to take me since I started this whole process. I have a trade in so I qualify for the 750 cash rebate, and the 1500 rebate thats going on now too, I think list price is around 35,000 before rebates. What can I get it for. Going in soon to negotiate- any suggestions? Plus I am a girl going in alone with all guys working there-who may think I will just fall for anything. I don't want to come across as mean, but I don't want to be ripped off. Any suggestions?
  • drlawrencedrlawrence Member Posts: 28
    Are the Friends and Supplier prices identical?

I have an offer for an additional $500 off for suppliers. Is this discount being offered to friends as well?

Dave
  • lmiller23lmiller23 Member Posts: 2
    not sure, but we do get $500 off for military too.
  • cheapdad000cheapdad000 Member Posts: 33
    I thought the Friends code was supposed to take the hassle out of the negotiation process. :confuse:

My suggestion would be to NOT do any negotiations in person. Tell them you are not setting foot in the door until you have agreed upon the price in writing. After agreement, then you go in and make the deal. [Also, if you were not using a Friends code, but instead just negotiating on price, you could easily shop their best deal to competing dealers to lower the price (see how far into their holdback they will go to make the deal) - e.g. DonkeyPunch method]
    I have a friends code, but I feel like they've been trying to take me since I started this whole process.

What are they doing to make you feel this way? The Friends discount price is listed right on the invoice. Look for the "PP" (Preferred Pricing) code on the sheet. You can ask to see the invoice if you have a Friends discount with you.

Any current rebates or other price incentives are subtracted from that price for even greater savings. Other than TTL (in some states) the only thing they can add to the price is up to $75 for a documentation fee. If they start talking about dealer prep fees, marketing fees or other things run out the door to another dealer. Dealer add-ons, such as tinted glass or stripes, are additional costs also.

If you have a trade-in, THAT'S where you have to be careful. A dealer isn't making near as much profit off someone with a Friend's discount and sometimes they will try to make that up on your trade. ;)
  • joejr303joejr303 Member Posts: 3
    Looking for a spare friends discount code for my mom that is a handicap. She will be buying a Town & Country LX with running boards with in the next several days.
    It will be the H package and the power group for the power drivers seat.
    Any help would be greatful.
    Thank-you
  • newcar4me3newcar4me3 Member Posts: 10
    Hi - I am negotiating a T&C Limited with Options: Swivel N' Go
    Dual DVD Player Entertainment Group #3
    MyGig Infotainment with Navigation
    3rd Row Power Seat
    Power Moonroof
    MSRP $41,705
    Both the Invoice and the Costco Quote $38,500
    - $2000 current incentives
    = $36,500
    Do you think I should be able to take them lower on this? Any thoughts?? Thanks so much!!
  • eriley99eriley99 Member Posts: 5
    I have a question about April 08 incentives. Edmunds shows the $1500 or financing deal as well as a $1000 conquest or loyalty bonus (we have a 99 Quest) but the Chrysler site only shows the $1500/;financing promo. I used my zip code on both sites. Does anyone know if the add'l $1000 is legit? We get a supplier discount so that helps, too. Although we'll have to go out and get the tires replaced w/ Goodyears.

After a toyota, a VW and 2 nissans, this will be my first domestic purchase. I learned to drive on a Vega so understandably I'm a bit leery, but man, I LOVED the interior of the T&C. It had me at the clock- that cute analog clock!
  • fredm6fredm6 Member Posts: 51
    First let me say that rebates and incentives are really difficult to find. I would suggest that you call the Chrysler Rebate Center at this number: 1-800-227-0757. They will ask your state or zip code since the rebates and incentives are different in the various regions. When I got my T&C in March there was an Auto Show Bonus Cash of $500. The show was in Cleveland even though I am 200 miles from there it was counted in the Great Lakes Region. After you have all the rebates then hang up and call back and get a second opinion. I had two different answers on the $750 conquest cash.

Also ask your salesman to show you the sheet with the current rebates and incentives. The new one came out April 1. Do not rely on the various websites for reliable rebate information. Even Edmunds does not list all of them. Some sites I visited even said that there were no current Chrysler T&C rebates. In March there was a $1500 rebate and $500 bonus cash. I believe that the bonus cash now is only $250. I got $1000 owner loyalty because I had been leasing a T&C. Good luck.
  • jwmiiijwmiii Member Posts: 1
    Am in the market to buy either a 2008 Chrysler T&C Touring or a Dodge Grand Caravan SXT? I've been reading these threads and people discussing getting a Friends discount code.

If anyone is in the "giving" spirit...how would I go about obtaining a Friend's discount code. You can email me at my Carspace email jwmiii@carspace.com.

Thank you to anyone who responds...I'd like to buy tomorrow, 4/5/2008, if anyone is quick.
  • avonmegavonmeg Member Posts: 1
    I went to buy a magnum - or considering a pacifica or another town and country if not a magnum - as they are really hard to find in AWD up here -
    Anyway - Our employee site indicates that we get 1% below invoice - at certain dealerships - all we have to do is show our badge and maybe a recent pay stub - so I had myself all excited - well when I went to buy - they said I can't get that discount without a code - as I'm reading here I see what they are referring to. Well I called my employer HR - who is where they said gives them out - they don't - they said just show your badge -
    So - now I'm all pumped - we had found a magnum that I loved - but I can't afford it without that discount - Anyone else run across this before ?
    I'm so sad that I won't be able to get my dreamy magnum - unless I can solve this mystery -
    Thanks in advance all -
  • eriley99eriley99 Member Posts: 5
    thank you. I went to another dealer today and he looked on his sheet and sure enough there's a $1000 conquest/ownder loyalty bonus. Unfortunately, they didn't have a Sig Series w/ the swivel and go. I looked at the Limited which was nice, but not sure it's worth the add'l $5000.
  • fredm6fredm6 Member Posts: 51
    Glad you found that $1000 conquest cash. I would hold out for a signature INew Day) edition. It has a lot of nice features and the $1525 discount. Go on Chrysler"s website and check the dealer inventory in your area. I most cases you can bring up the window sticker. If you find one that doesn't mean it hasn't been sold, but it is a help.
  • pmwalkerpmwalker Member Posts: 8
    So what's the deal with the conquest cash? Is it available for any customer who does not currently own a Chrysler product or is it only valid if you currently own a competitor mini van. Anyone know?

Thanks.
    I was told that it was only valid if it was for a competitive vehicle. There were a couple of minivans they mentioned and I think a couple of other competitive vehicles. I am "fighting" with the dealer now to try and give me this regardless, since I don't currently have the competitive van. My logic is if they don't then I will go buy a competitive van! They are not really budging so I guess I need to walk away.
    I called the Rebate Center # today. The woman I spoke to said that it is only for owners of other minivans. She looked up my MDX and said I don't qualify for it and I would have to have a minivan. I would call the number posted above and confirm that, since there is always a chance she was wrong. However, the person I was speaking to seemed like she knew what she was talking about.
    maybe borrow a buddy's minivan for 2 hours, and say you arent trading it in. i guess they need to physically see the minivan to give the discount?
  • drlawrencedrlawrence Member Posts: 28
    avonmeg said: I called my employer HR - who is where they said gives them out - they don't - they said just show your badge

If your company qualifies as a Chrysler supplier, you may get your supplier discount code from https://www.dc-rewards.com

You will need your company number from the HR department. If HR doesn't know the number, there is a phone number at the above website you can call and they may be able to look up your supplier code by name.

Your HR department needs to register with the Affiliate Rewards program for this to work. If they do, they should be getting regular e-mails and employee communication posters from Chrysler explaining how the program works. (I oversee HR for an auto supplier, so I am familiar) If your HR department is unaware of this, they may call the Affiliate Rewards hotline anytime and register your company for the program.

Even if HR isn't aware, go to the website and call the service number anyway. Someone may have set up your company long ago who has since left its employ.

Dave
    I can't find the color and options I want around here anywhere....I have a control number for a preferred partner discount --- 1% below invoice. Can I order a car and get this pricing too? Does anyone know? Are incentives calculated based on when the order is placed or based on when the car is delivered? Does anyone know how long they are taking right now to fill orders?
  • michaelmccunemichaelmccune Member Posts: 5
    I am planning on buying a TC signature series value package and the salesperson said they are a limited time offer. I am wanting to purchase in about a month. Will Chrysler be making them still in a month or are they a limited release? I like the option package on those for the price you can get one at.

I have also noticed heavy inventory of TC at a lot of dealers. Is this not selling well are they gearing up for a big event?
  • 3kidmom3kidmom Member Posts: 14
    I dont know about the discount part but I believe its valid on an order. We ordered a Limited T&C on Feb 21st and its still in D1 status ("in line to be built") . As far as the incentives , they are order protected....so whichever incentive package is better when the car is delivered is the package you are entitled to. Our dealer insisted that was NOT the case and I called Chrysler Rebate Center and confirmed. The only thing Im not sure about is if we are entitled to the best incentive package that comes up between order date and delivery date. ( March was better than Feb and April). Does anyone know that answer to that one?
  • bzhnbzhn Member Posts: 7
    I am looking to purchase a 2008 T&C Signature Series (25L) with Swivel 'n Go and GPS Navigation preferably in Clearwater Blue and am ready to purchase immediately for cash. How can I go about getting a FFP or EP code?
    Post looking for one here or on the Chrysler fan forum - google it.
    I found someone willing to give me one on that forum, however I decided to do a fax attack and see how it went - google fighting chance.

I purchased a Limited with DVD & Nav for $758 UNDER the FFP (1% under invoice) by having dealers bid against each other. This is excluding rebates on both ends (I'll get either the current incentive or the one when I take delivery - whichever is greater). This is also a cash deal. I believe the EP code (about 4.6% under invoice on my copy) is only employees. My deal was 3% under invoice not including rebate.

This deal was on a factory order in the middle of the month. The best days to buy are the 28th 29th and 30th this month when dealers are closing their month out and the weekend traffic is over. I had to do my fax/email attack in the middle of the month to try and get the order in (I was very particular in what I wanted and no one had the right combo). My MDX lease is up soon, so I did not want to wait on getting it done.

It takes a little effort, but at least I didn't have to set foot in a dealership. I actually baked a pie while conducting my deal.
  • ordered1208ordered1208 Member Posts: 9
    We ordered ours on Janurary 2, 2008. Took delivery of the Van on April 7,2008.
    97 days.It should not be that long for other orders.There were 2 supplier delays during this order.Also, after putting just 103 miles on this van the check engine light is on.No it is not a loose gas cap.What a reward for waiting this long to have one built.I hope it is not a sign of things to come.
  • 3kidmom3kidmom Member Posts: 14
    Our new van is finally here....we are picking up/financing this morning. Can anyone tell me what we should look out for....(ie....dealer prep fee of $100) is that legit or do we refused to pay that?
    Thanks, mommydeb, for the suggestion. I found the Chrysler fan forum. Is there another site you recommend? I haven't had too much luck getting dealers to bid against each other. I'll keep trying though...
    Edmunds has a good article on this at
    www.edmunds.com/advice/buying/articles/117494/article.html
    Good luck!
    Can anyone tell me what we should look out for....(ie....dealer prep fee of $100) is that legit or do we refused to pay that?

I just saw your message but I guess you've picked it up by now. If you had a Friends discount the only thing they could add to the price is up to $75 for a documentation fee. Any marketing fees or dealer prep fees are bogus. TTL are also paid at the dealer in some states.

If they did any dealer add-ons, such as aftermarket tinted glass or stripes, they would be additional charges. If you did not request such things tell them to remove them or negotiate a lower price like maybe you'll pay what it cost them but no higher.

VIN window etching is a big profit item that you should also watch out for.