Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Town & Country Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• hraohrao Member Posts: 78
    Edmunds TMV does take into account employee discount, there should still be some room to negotiate below the TMV but , you have to find the right dealer.
  • hraohrao Member Posts: 78
    I agree, they should at least offer a discount on the 7 yr/70 K bumper to bumper extended Manufacturer warranty.
    Currently it runs around $950, I always buy this additional warranty just for the peace of mind.
  • aaron_taaron_t Member Posts: 301
    In May 2005 I leased a 2005 T&C Touring with only the front center console option. MSRP was $28,580. I don't have the paperwork in front of me, but these are the round numbers. I can post actual amounts later if someone is interested.

Employee Price saved about $3000
    Rebate Cash $2500
    DCX Financing $1000
    Dealer Cash $2000

Sales price around $20k. Residual value is $15.5k after 27 months.

Today, that vehicle has an MSRP of $28,680.
    Employee Discount $3059
    Rebate $1500
    DCX Financing $1000
    Dealer Cash $2000

Over $21k sales price today

I've put 3500 miles on it so far. I get about 18-19 around the house running errands, and 24-25mpg at 80mph highway depending on whether the AC is running or not. No problems so far.
  • caravan2caravan2 Member Posts: 198
    I'm wondering how much difference in invoice and employee pricing is?

aaron_t: What is dealer cash? Is it another rebate from dealer?
    Dealer cash is an incentive from the OEM to the dealer who has the option to pass it on to the customer. I don't know if it is a nationwide program, or region specific. I do know DCX does use some very specific rebates for actual employees/families at times.

Invoice prices can be found right here at Edmunds. Employee prices are right from the OEM web site for those offering it. There was a web site for DCX employees to build/configure their vehicles to find out the employee price as well as friends & extended family prices, but that is shut down during the current employee price to all promotion.

Ask your dealer about any dealer cash available. That's how I can find advertisements in local newspapers selling vehicles below employee plus pricing.
  • vanbuyer2vanbuyer2 Member Posts: 19
    Has anyone purchased a limited lately and care to share the details of the deal. I just found a nice white limited on the showroom floor with 2,000 demo miles on it. It seems to have everything but the moonroof which I don't want because I want the airbags on the side. Sticker is 37, dealer wants to let it go for about 29,000. This is a 2005 model and it looks GREAT. It is their last 2005 limited (they only have a short wheelbase 2005 left otherwise). What is the typical purchase price of this van in limited trim given all the discounts?
    If you are not in a hurry, I'd pass or offer much less.

With the EP+ program, the sales price for it new would have been $$4200 off, and another $1500 rebate. In my region there is another $1500 lease loyalty and $2000 dealer cash. You are being offered $8k off MSRP, and I got $8500 off in May on a T&C Touring. I'd offer at least $10k under MSRP for a Limited, as some people have saved that much new and you are looking at a demo.
  • veritasusaveritasusa Member Posts: 72
    I also posted this in another forum.

greener1 - Could you please tell me the name of your dealer and the location of it? I want to have a place to point to when I next go to battle with my dealer and my regional service manager.

My 2005 is one of the last 2005s made (June of 2005), so DC should have known how to put them together by then. Not only do I have all the noises youdescribe, I also have a/c compressor whine and a very noisy, harsh suspension. Even half0ince cracks in asphalt taken at 15-20 mph produce noise and a shock transmitted through my steering wheel. It is as if the suspension has no compliance whatsoever. Even when fully wamed up, it reminds me of a car first started up on a frigid midwestern winter morning.

As I said in my other post, I will give the dealer one more chance to do something concrete, then go to the top of DC in America and let the aggravation work its way back down - that tactic has worked for me with two other corporations over the years.
  • veritasusaveritasusa Member Posts: 72
    Could you please let me know the name and location of your dealer? I could use a concrete example to offer when I escalate my noise problems further - all the way up to the head of DC in the USA.

The district service manager has just told me that Chrysler engineering has no idea of when they might come up with a fix for my noises and I reckon I'm going to have to invoke my demand for a replacement vehicle. But this is complicated by the fact that the 2006s are out, so it wouldn't be an even model year swap.

Thanks for any info you can give me.
  • bbrushbbrush Member Posts: 1
    I own a 2002 T&C Limited. Tonight I tried the key in the ignition and it will not turn. Naturally I tried to "wiggle" the steering wheel and adjust the gear shift lever...all to no avail. It simply will ot turn. Any suggestions or similar experiences? Is my only option to have it towed to Chrysler for service?

Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    Hi bbrush...

Since this is a pricing discussion, you'll probably have better luck re-posting your question here:
    Dodge/Plymouth/Chrysler minivan problems

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    Anyone has experience with N. Ca dealer or purchase a touring recently? We just get start shopping and hoping to get one before year end. I check inventory through Chrysler, it looks like most dealer only have a few T&C in stock. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated
  • esob64esob64 Member Posts: 1
    Hello All, I am a newbie on this forum and I would like to tap the knowledge bank here. I am interested in buying a 2006 Town and Country Touring or Limited. What are some of the best prices that I can look for in this vehicle? On the Chrysler site they are offering $2500 cash back rebate. Are they any other known incentives? I am willing to travel for the right price. All replies are welcome and appreciated.
  • dennisctcdennisctc Member Posts: 1,168
    Where are you located? In Detroit, with a DCX employee's discount, you can save about $8-10k dollars!!! I post some price threads a few weeks ago you may want to check out. Also, stop by a Border's book store, and check out automotive news (near newspapers)..it's not a magazine, more of a weekly newspaper and in the far back are ALL the latest incentives.
  • fljoslinfljoslin Member Posts: 237
    I wouldn't get too greedy here. You're at almost $9000 under sticker. Good luck finding that kinda discount on any other minivan. I say buy it and drive happy.
    The sticker price means nothing.
    How much below sticker is the van worth now that it has been driven off the lot?
  • firebuyfirebuy Member Posts: 3
    I am planning to buy a 2006 town and country base model with some upgrades (popular package, entertainment system,8 way power seat,power sliding door). The msrp on this vehicle is 24,450 and the invoice 22,837. The dealer is providing about 2100 discount on msrp price and the crysler discount of 400$. Is this a fair price? :)
    NOT REALLY a good price, I'd shop around a lot more!!! did you check website and build one, see all the discounts available?

Check my other posts from a month back on pricing here in Detroit area! You can't get Employee price anymore but dealers will still deal! Plus don't you get free maintainance and extended warranty now???
    Thanks dennisctc for the reply. The chrysler discount is actually 4000$ and not 400$.
    So here are the stats -
    msrp is 24450$,
    Employee pricing as on Invoice 21,800
    Invoice Pricing 22,837
    Dealer Negotiated Price 17,646 (Including Chrysler discount of $4000).
    How much more room is there for the negotiation?
    that sounds alot better!!! THis is a short wheelbase?
    Here are the december 2005 DCX minivan incentives i know about:

$2500 cash
    $1500 DCX finance cash
    $1000 lease loyalty
    $1000 true DCX employee & immediate family bonus cash
  • socalawdsocalawd Member Posts: 542
    Here are the december 2005 DCX minivan incentives i know about:

$2500 cash
    $1500 DCX finance cash
    $1000 lease loyalty
    $1000 true DCX employee & immediate family bonus cash

Wow that dosen't look like 10K

here we go 2500 cash ok thats off the top.

1500 DCX finance cash??
    Whats the interest rate and how much do you need to pay(months wise) before you can get out of it without paying a penalty??

$1000 lease loyalty??

What if you don't have a lease or what a lease??

$1000.00 true DCX employee & immediate family cash bonus!!

Oh boy a real insider deal. You got a number I can have??? I may be in the market for a DCX product to replace my Subaru in about 6 years!!
    dennisctc, yep it is a short wheel base with popular equipment 1, entertainment package, 8 way power driver and power sliding door.
    Is is good take take the additional warranty on this (7 year??) as the 2006 model only comes with 3/36K warranty? The dealer is trying to sell the extra warranty in 1800$ or so !
    Wow that doesn't look like 10K

I just listed all the ones I know are availible, not that everyone could get them all. That total is $6k off whatever negotiated sales price and dealers around here often have additional discounts. $10k is quite possible to get off MSRP right now on DGC SXT/T&C Touring and higher trim levels.

1500 DCX finance cash??
    Whats the interest rate and how much do you need to pay(months wise) before you can get out of it without paying a penalty??

You and I both know every person has different credit and will get a different interest rate. I've been told that one needs to finance $5k for 3 months to get the incentive, but I have not seen anything official.

$1000 lease loyalty??
    What if you don't have a lease or what a lease??

If you are currently leasing a DCX vehicle, you get this. I don't know if this only applies toward a future lease or purchase as well.

$1000.00 true DCX employee & immediate family cash bonus!!
    Oh boy a real insider deal. You got a number I can have??? I may be in the market for a DCX product to replace my Subaru in about 6 years!!

I can get employee price numbers to give out to anyone, but this still does not apply. This bonus is for real employees and their immediate family members only (siblings, parents, children).

6 years may be a whole different market. It's a little early to start shopping.
  • socalawdsocalawd Member Posts: 542
    Aaron thanks for your great and thoughtful post! I like to know how everything works and I don't know anyone other than a Ford person who has the inside deal!! 10K off seems pretty high for the normal person without ties. As for me looking 6 years in the future. I'm always looking for my next car. But I almost never buy anything! Have a happy New Year!!
  • cscigcscig Member Posts: 1
    What negotiating room do I have for a 2003 T&C ltd AWD with 41k miles? It's got the loaded trim that is standard for this model, no DVD, plus the AWD. Dealer is asking $17.9k. The pricing guides are split on this one with KBB and NADA showing respectively trade-ins of $15,650 and $19,675, and retails of $21k and $23k. Tomorrow's the last day of the DC incentives, so I'm prepared to switch camps and buy new if the deal's not good-just wondering what is reasonable. Thanks!
  • ericmaronericmaron Member Posts: 2
    My local dealer has been pushing the '06 Town & Country Touring lease however, has only been quoting the $28k MSRP minus the $4000 rebate and $1800 down. I don't want to put anything down but still want the price as if I put the cash down (in other words, a lease based on $22,200. Am I leaving too much on the table or is that about fair? How low should I expect them to go? One person said I should also ask for a $1900 "dealer discount."
    Thanks.
  • hansiennahansienna Member Posts: 2,312
    According to ads I have read, the dealer is already offering a dealer discount as part of the lease based on $22,200.
    Compare the $ 1800 down and monthly payments to the larger amount required to lease either an Odd LX or a Sienna CE, and you will know that you are paying much less out of your funds than for an Odd LX or Sienna CE...The T&C Touring has MANY more nice features than either the Odd LX or Sienna CE.
    You would be getting a much nicer minivan for less money with the Chrysler T&C Touring than the current lease deal offered on either the Odd LX or Sienna CE.
  • kimchikimchi Member Posts: 8
    i bought 2006 limited in year 2005 in PA.
    at that time, empolyer discount was ended but from mspr $37,705 with all possible options, i could get it down to $35.??? including tax and tags!!! with 3hrs of waiting and talking at the deslership and visiting 3 different locations.

so i think you can get lower price than just $2500 off and they should give you some other discounts at the dealership also like 'chrysler's #1 largest in PA Berrry dealership??? discount $1000.' ^^

good luck
  • scoop9559scoop9559 Member Posts: 1
    Have you found the definitive answer to your question? I just bought a 2003 Chrysler T & C which had a DVD player and a single CD player in the dash. I purchased a pair of headphones on eBay and couldn't get them to work. I'm being told by the dealer that I need to have the 6-CD changer feature in order to have the necessary infrared transmitter to drive the headphones. Just trying to find out if this is correct or not.
  • killerkkillerk Member Posts: 55
    Went into the dealer last night thinking to lease it (the lease offer that ended last night was $3000 down and $199/mo for 27 mos), but ended up buying the vehicle.

Wanted to lease b/c I was a little apprehensive abt buying it due to reported mechanical issues in the past. And I have never owned Chrysler before. But I've driven it for a week in Florida and liked it.

Didn't think we could keep the mileage under 12K/year.
    And 0% financing for 60 mo. was really hard to pass up.

Final price was $26,991+tax+registration (~$29,110 total).

I'm located in Bergen County, NJ.

Question:
    1. How did I do on this? Really didn't have to hassle b/c the sales guys was a kid that just started to work there. He kept walking back to the manager for everything.

2. Any other crucial options that I should get other than the DVD system? BTW, I have 2 boys - ages 3 and 5. Thx
    What other options did you get on it?

DVD system.....I'd like to say buy the factory installed unit, only because there's a lot of my conponents in it. But have you looked into an aftermarket DVD system? I like those b/c you can move em from vehicle to vehicle and they're a lot cheaper. Just something to think about.
  • killerkkillerk Member Posts: 55
    That's it - just the supplemental side curtain airbags.

Yeah, I think I'll get one of those portal DVD units.

I'm also thinking about getting the front center console.
    (I haven't picked up the car yet.)

But it's $400 ($200 part + $200 labor).
    Not sure it's worth it...

Has anyone installed the console by themselves?
    They told me b/c of the wiring, it takes them about 2 hours to install the center console.

Also, has anyone tried to do the e-oil change on this vehicle? (Haven't found the Town & Country Maintenance forum on edmunds. If there is one, pls point me to it.)

I'm wondering if the filter and drain plug are easily accessible. Thank you.
    Edit: I have no idea why the line feed is not working in this post. I apologize on Edmunds behalf.

Check for a harness under the carpet between the front seats. My understanding is that you can buy the center console, plug in one connector and 4 bolts in <5 minutes. My touring has the console from the factory, so I didn't have to install it. I do love it for the phone holder alone.

I have 14.5k miles on my 05 T&C Touring (only the center console option). I am leasing w/ extra miles paid. I always take this vehicle to a quick oil change place. I find it not worth my time to save $5-10 for regular oil and filters. When I used Mobile 1 in a few of my vehicles, I did it myself. I dunno where anything is on this van and don't care to find out. Just a short term appliance for me.

As for your price, I'd say $27k would be right at invoice for your $29.2k Touring. I always recommend calculating the rebate vs. low finace rate amounts. I believe there was $4k availible until Apr 3. Besides the difference (if any) in payments between rebates vs. 0%, you also have a lower balance on the loan initially which is good for a couple reasons. if yu change your mind and decide to sell the vehicle after 2 years, you lost 3 years of 0% finance savings. Also, the loan balance will be $3000 higher and probably upside down by that much or more. If you were in an accident and the van were totaled, you get actual cash value, not loan value unless you have gap insurance.

Of course, these are unplanned events and the difference in payment by my calculations would be no more than $17/mo for 5 years. Enjoy the van!

What other options? Everyone has their own value for specific options. I got our T&C 10 days before before my first child was born. The Touring includes many convienient things such as the power side and rear doors, trip computer, Homelink, and 3-zone HVAC. Leather is easer to clean than cloth. DVD's keep the kids quiet. Sunroof lets in fresh air. Every option has value to someone. I won't say any should be valuable to you.
  • mojdodyrmojdodyr Member Posts: 23
    I had sold my GC last friday just to find out that their "Sign and Drive" promotion as well as 4k off had expired few days ago. What is the best deal at that point? Need a van this week and look like I would have to go used - with their depreciation and reliability issues I just don't want to loose 8k during the first year of being a proud owner of a new Limited.
    April 2006 incentives:

$3500 buy/leash cash
    $1000 Bonus cash if financed (lease or purchase) w/ Chrysler Financial

$4500 total on long wheel base DCX minivans. Check your local advertisements as dealers in Metro Detroit are offering additional discounts.
  • drpooldrpool Member Posts: 11
    Hi Guys,

Can people share their experiences here in the bay area for Chrysler TC LX and Limited styles.

The current incentives as mentioned in post 297 are 3500+1000=4500. My question is are these applied on the invoice price or the MRSP.

Also I have an affiliate employee reward for 2000 for Chrsyler and I would like to ask whether anyone has used that or not and does all these discounts and rebates get on top of MSRP or the invoice again.

Moreover any idea what's the best time to go for a Chrysler van...is it this month or towards the mid year (may/ june) time frame.

Appreciate your responses and thanks very much.

Best Regards,
    Dr Pool
    All rebates are applied to the negotiated sales price. Can you negotiate that to invoice or MSRP? That's up to you. Some dealers around Detroit are selling $1-2k under the employee price, then subtract the rebates. If you are not familiar with negotiating, then try to use Edmunds dealer finder to email you a bunch of quotes on certain models. You should be able to get the price within $500 of invoice, then subtract your rebates.

As for the affiliate reward, the only one I know of is the once that gives you the preferred price which is near invoice without negotiations. Talk to your HR people about how your company discount partnership works before talking with a dealer.

LX vs. Limited trim levels is a $10k spread with the Touring in the middle I'd narrow that down. IMHO, the LX is not a good value for its equipment vs. the Touring.
  • leecurrieleecurrie Member Posts: 15
    I just picked up my minivan last night. I leased it, but the negotiated price was $20,750 vs. MSRP of $28,790. No options.

It was a Twin Cities Dealer--[non-permissible content removed] Rapids Jeep Chrysler
  • drpooldrpool Member Posts: 11
    I m getting a Town and Country LX with no options for 19,000. Does it sound like a good deal ?

Any idea if the rebates will be more in MAY.

Thanks,
  • carbonnicarbonni Member Posts: 33
    That sounds like a great price! Were there any additional dealer fees (doc fee, etc)?
  • leecurrieleecurrie Member Posts: 15
    Yes. There was a $50 doc fee that was additional. But note that I negotiated the lease terms, not the car price. That figure was backed into by the dealer.

My lease was for 27 months, $317 per month. I rolled ALL of the fees, taxes, title, etc. into the lease so had 0 out of pocket.

It was nice to just set all the local dealers against each other. After I got their first bids, I circulated the best bid back to all of them before settling on the best one who also gave me the best value on my existing car which I sold for cash.
  • carbonnicarbonni Member Posts: 33
    It makes sense - thank you!
  • jksreed15jksreed15 Member Posts: 1
    I WAS QUOTED $23,000 EVEN FOR A T&C "GOLD" INCLUDING TAXES AND TITLE AND EVERYTHING ALSO THE REBATE INCLUDED IT HAS MOST OF THE OPTIONALS.
    DOES ANYONE THINK THIS IS A GOOD PRICE? I LIVE IN MARYLAND
    LET ME KNOW YOUR INPUT

THANKS
  • kobokokoboko Member Posts: 34
    I got an email from a Chrysler dealer here in the chicago area talking about 0% 60month financing + employee pricing. Has anybody else heard anything about this, and how does one go determining employee pricing? I'm interested in a Spring Special Edition T&C or DGC. Thanks.
  • may100may100 Member Posts: 2
    I was offered a 2006 Town and Country Basic (no options) for
    14985.00 plus 140.00 title and admin fee. Any thoughts on this deal (and any idea what kind of MPG I can expect with the smaller engine).

Thanks
    I don't know about the smaller engine, but I get 25 highway with mine easily...3.8 v6. Sounds like a great price though!!
  • may100may100 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the mpg info. I actually ended up with the New 2006 T&C SWB for 14895.00 plus 100.oo admin fee. Only have 380 miles on it but very happy with ride and room. Milage seems fairly poor at this point with around 14 city and 19 highway (two half fill ups). I wonder if a person could not pick up a pair of 2nd row bucket seats at a salvage yard to replace the bench. Be nice to swap them back and forth as needed.
  • hofhof Member Posts: 15
    It's not clear to me whether you can get side airbags on the Spring Special Edition (2006) Chrysler Town & Country or Dodge Grand Caravan. I looked at all the local dealers' inventories and could not find any with side air bags. Also, the options code for the Spring special edition is confusing. Some sites have it listed as 29P, some as 29S, and some as either. What's the difference?

Can the Spring Special Edition still be ordered (mid June 2006)?

Thanks

Steve H. "Hof" Indianapolis
    As far as I know you cannot get the moonroof with side air bags. since the Spring Special edition includes the moonroof, I'd say no dice on the side air bags.

The 29P is the Signature Series which has a little bit different content (and IMHO better value) than the 29S Spring Special Edition.
  • cripp12cripp12 Member Posts: 1
    I bought the touring which is a higher model for less. Keep looking.