Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus LS 400/LS 430 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,599
    Sure... but, it would be smarter to make it public in your profile.... just click on preferences...

That way, the spambots can't get to it...

It might be a good idea to delete that last post..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• I'm thinking about using a dealer in So. Cal. that buys vehicles exclusively from the auctions. He stated that he would charge me $1500 for his services. Any thoughts on buying a LS430 from an auction?

Thanks,
    Scott
  • Scott:

Lexus is so good especially the LS430 that if you get a low milage one it is hard to see how you could go wrong....These are not Mercedes with all kinds of electrical problems...The are the best made cars in the world....

P.S. one thing to think about is the 30,000 mile service is Pricy...Probably rear brakes (they turn the drums if you need it or not) tires, Transmission Oil change, Many go to synthetic oil at that time (if you do bring your own. save a few bucks)

The only potentual problem is if it has been in a wreck or underwater in N.O.

OR YOU COULD BUY ONE FROM A DEALER WITH A BUMPER TO BUMPER AND GET A 3 YEAR LEXUS CERTIFIED CAR..
  • I don't understand how a dealer would sell the car for invoice amount. Does Lexus give the dealer a rebate on 2005's?
  • Greetings popeye7. It is difficult to predict what automakers future lease programs will be like, but in this particular instance it is fairly safe to say that Lexus will likely have an attractive lease promotion on the LS 430 in December. At the end of every year it provides lease support on the majority of its vehicles through its "December to Remember" sales event. It would not surprise me if Lexus ran some sort of early lease termination program in December as well, though if it does I doubt that it would waive more than three lease payments.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • by now you've possibly bought your Lexus. hope you got a good deal. In Jan 05
    We shopped around and got the best quote on our 2005Ls with Nav system etc. from Lexus of Tulsa they actually brought the car to us in Hot Springs Ar on a flat bed truck, had 1 mile on it. Price 56,000. and yes they let us put $5,000 on our frequent flyer CC. Great people to deal with.
  • mlazarmlazar Posts: 1
    Car_man, can you please give a numerical example of how I can use these figures (money factor and residual value) to calculate a monthly payment?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,876
    I'm not car_man, but I can direct you toward our Lease Calculator, which should help you determine monthly payment if you have the info available.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• $35,500 on a certified 02 LS430 with 43K miles from a Lexus dealer in California. It is a base model.

Is it a fair price?
  • ckelly14ckelly14 Posts: 105
    Well, I'll try to answer this, since I'm also looking for a CPO LS430. I've been using Edmunds Dealer retail price instead of their CPO price as a good jumping- off point. There are so many used LS430's out there that I won't pay the premium that Edmunds claims you should for the CPO. However, the warranty is probably worth about $1500-2000 if you compare it to the Lexus "platinum" warranty that people are talking about on Edmunds.

For your car, Edmunds says the base dealer retail price is 34,855, very close to what you are being offered. If it has any options or if it is excellent condition, it may be a little more. Throw in the CPO and I think you have a pretty good deal. If is exactly the car you are looking for, then go for it! The biggest problem with the used car market is finding the right car. I want ventilated, perforated seats, and they were not offered in 2002 except in the custom or ultra-lux packages.

Good luck!
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    I agree with you, ckelly. I searched high and low, even at the auctions, and had trouble finding an 02 with the ventilated seats. Finally settled on one that was exactly what I wanted, sans the vents. CPO 02 with 30,000 miles on it in amazing condition inside, with Navigation - $36,500. I'm happy with it.
  • I have learned so much by reading this forum for the past year. Sharing of information is a great way to pass on your experience to others that need advice. So let me tell you my experience.

In July, I purchased a 2005 LS430 with a prem. package for $500 over invoice. I used CarBargins and paid them $160 for sending me 5 quotes. I live in Seattle and purchased from Marin Lexus in the Bay area. The transaction was seamless and they even picked up us at the airport.

The car is great and I am more than satisfied after spending $55K for my retirement car.
  • Hey mlazar. The lease calculator that Kirstie just suggested is an excellent place to go to figure out what your vehicle's lease payment will be. If you want to understand just how the formula that is used to calculate lease payments works, you also may want to check out the following article: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • finfin atlantaPosts: 588
    Excellent link in post #10. This is, by far, the most simple explanation of how a car lease is calculated that I have ever seen. Thanks. :)
  • ckelly14ckelly14 Posts: 105
    and purchased a LS430. After being frustrated at the prices and availability of CPO'd LS 430's, I purchased a 2001 LS 430 from a reputable, local, pre-owned luxury car dealer. I paid $29,400- car has ML and NAV, as well as heated (but not ventilated) front and rear seats. I thought it was alot of car for the money. Came with a 3rd party 48 month/60k warranty, which I guess is better than nothing if you're not paying for it.
  • I think the only LS with ventilated back then was the ULTRA and they are RARE.

Sounds like you got a GREAT price on the 02 LS with Nav.
    I'm sure you're right about the seats - and I will miss that as well as parktronic, neither of which, this car has. However, I'm enjoying the car immensely, and it's a pretty amazing machine.
  • You're very welcome, fin. I'm glad that you found the article so helpful. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
  • pjekoopjekoo Posts: 14
    You are taking a big risk with these auction guys. They are call "Curbstoners" and is actually an illegal practice in some states. I recently went to see a used Lexus advertised as a private party sale. As it turned out, it was one of these auction guys. The 05' LS430 only had 4000 miles on it. But after looking at the car, I can tell it has been in a collision and repaired. One way to tell on a Lexus is that all doors, hood, front quarter panels, bumper, are tagged with the VIN #. If the VIN# sticker is missing or does not match the car's, then it's not the original fender. It's a sure sign of collision repair.
  • pjekoopjekoo Posts: 14
    I too was debating 05' LS430 versus 06'. The dealer offered me an 06' with Mod Lux and 18" wheels for $56,700. I was able to find a remaining 05' with Cust Lux, upgraded leather/wood 18" chrome (X5) wheels for the same price.
    I totally agree. Buy from a reputable dealer, or someone you know where you have history on the car. I attend the auction often - there is some real junk there. I buy for a dealer though - and I hate curbstoners! They're the worst of the breed....
  • Did not pick up this silver 02LS430 with 43K miles.
    Instead, from the same Lexus dealer in California, purchased a white 02 LS430 with only 34,900 miles. No navigation. It still has 8 more months factory warranty and the standard Lexus Certified Pre-owned 3 years/100K miles warranty. Excellent condition. Paid $36,800. Edmunds' TMV priced at $41,452.
  • Does anyone have info on the upcoming December to Remember promotion. Assuming that Lexus will have it again, how does it work? My lease on an 03 ES300 is up in a couple of months and I was thinking that I might get a good deal on a 24 month lease for an 06 LS430. I could force myself to live without the restyled 07 LS for 2 years.
  • I've had an opportunity to take a look at the new "December to Remember" lease program and would be happy to help you out, popeye7. Lexus is providing special lease money factors on just about all of its vehicles through this program. It's new lower buy rate lease money factor for the 2006 LS 430 is .00148. This is a lot lower than its standard money factor of .00245 that you would normally have to use to lease this car. If you are in the market for a new Lexus, now it a great time to get one. It's difficult to say whether Lexus will carry over its special lease program on this car through the month of January.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thank you Car_man for your input. With the special leasing rate, how much of a discount can I expect off of the list price of an LS 430. I always try to negotiate a selling price before declaring that I want to lease.

Also, is there a typical option package that is found with most LS 430's on Dealer's lots?

Thank you.
  • You're welcome popeye7. The fact that Lexus is providing a special lease money factor on this car should not have any impact upon your ability to negotiate an attractive selling price. This special money factor is completely paid for by Lexus and has nothing to do with dealers. Negotiate as attractive a price as possible on the LS that you are interested in, just as you normally would. You may be able to get an idea of how much you should pay for this car right now by visiting the following discussion: "Lexus LS: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
  • 4mar4mar Posts: 2
    Dec 2 2005
    We are looking at leasing a LS430 with navigation this month - what is a good price to pay for "December to Remember"
  • I just leased a 2006 LS430. I had a 2003 GS430 that was coming off lease in April, so I stopped by the local Lexus dealership to see if now was the time to do something or wait until the lease was up. They offered me a 36 month, 12,000 mile year lease with a .00150 money factor and a 52% residual, I walked on this deal, they came back with a 57% residual so I accepted this deal. I didn't realize they could monkey w/ the residual, I always thought the residual was what it is, but apparently you can negotiate a residual. After reading Car Man's post I think I could have gotten a little better money factor but I'm trying to see if I could have gotten a better residual. The car I leased had the premium pak, smart key and preferred accessory package (listed for about $59,772) So is the 57% residual about what most people are getting on the LS for December to Remember?
  • 4mar4mar Posts: 2
    re december to remember - so what was the bottom lease price you paid for 2006 LS430 with upgrades? did you LS430 incl the navigation pkg? this is my first time at leasing so appreciate info
This discussion has been closed.