Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus LS 400/LS 430 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mfullmermfullmer Posts: 819
    I've been looking carefully at the LS430 as my Cadillac STS lease is up in March.

The Packages that are prominent in Atlanta are the Modern Luxury. My dealers have only one or two Ultra Luxury versions at any given time.
  • My dealer tells me Lexus is on a crash building program for the Ultra Luxury model which should be showing up in Numbers no later then Feb.
    Because that's the only package I'll consider.
  • Just put a deposit on an '04 LS 430 with Modern Luxury, Smart Access & Preferred Accessory Group for $3K under MSRP @ Nalley Lexus. Now if they can just locate my car (Black Onyx with Cashmere interior)!
  • rd1411rd1411 Posts: 18
    I purchased a 91 lexus 400ls pearl white from a car lot for $4800. The car was sent to the dealer for service at the car lot expense $237 bucks....i had a loaner car lexus rx300 for 21 days and a lexus es300 for 2 days. The problem was a cololant sensor went bad....the car would cut off in intermettence....the dealer could not diagnose the problem...i took it to a shady tree mechanic and he diagnose it
  • I want to buy a 04 LS430. can't get a deal here in Las Vegas. Any suggestions within 400 miles?
  • swiftmswiftm Posts: 68
    diamondw: Go to Lexus.com and shop for nearest dealer to you; email specify car/color you want to their internet sales department, let the betting war begin with the lowest price wins; I like to mentioned "no phone call" and "car availibility" in my email. Ask for the accessories in detail and faxed it all to you before pickup/deliver the car. LS 04 with UL with all options except XM radio, I paid $63500 before tax, I hope this will help you. Swiftm
  • Thank you. The Las Vegas dealer doesn,t even have an internet manager (at least listed in Edmonds) I'll try your suggestion of Lexus.com. Would also appreciate the name of the dealer from who you bought.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Please check the header of this discussion for what information may be posted here and what may not.

Thanks!
  • Hi,

The best price I have for '04 LS-430 in Dallas, Cypress exterior, Cashmere/Walnut-Maple interior, with Premium package is $53,370. Is this a good deal, great deal, average deal, etc.? Any idea if a better deal can be had?

Thanks!
  • 12341234 Posts: 24
    Helped my dad buy an LS430 ML for $4k under MSRP at Lexus silver spring in MD. I'm sure you can do better by asking SS, Rockville, Alexandria and Pohanka to beat it. My dad spent about an hour on the phone with these 4 and went in and signed the papers. Also, once you negotiate the discount off MSRP on the phone (never walk into any dealership without an agreed upon price), ask for the out the door price. This will include tax, tags and any other fees they feel like slapping on. The only fee my dad paid was a $100 doc fee (aka processing fee). Good luck!
  • leodleod Posts: 1
    I was given a price of MSRP -$5K for a 2004 LS430 with the Modern Luxury package. This sounded great until the salesman mentioned ad $600 processing fee. This sounded kind of shady to me. Has anyone dealt with JM Lexus (FL) before? I can't touch the price locally here in Houston, TX even with the $600 processing fee.
  • wabendswabends Posts: 102
    In our search for a pre-certified LS 430, we have been offered one with MY 2001 and UL package. Asking price is $43.5 but has a high mileage of 45,700. According to CARFAX, the vehicle was leased in Wisconsin from 10/00 until 08/03. Is this a good deal? If not any other suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
  • I follow LS prices pretty closely...I think that is a very good deal.
    Thanks for your response. We are leaning towards getting it!
    We got it! I traded in BMW 530i for the Lexus and certainly enjoying the quiet and comfortable ride. We have a 2002 MB S430 and the two vehicles are similar in several respects.
    Well, getting ready to make final preparations for getting my new LS430. Here in Atlanta I've been given a quote of $3,000 or $2,000 off MSRP for one with the Ultra Lux package (MSRP $68,739.) I guess the difference depends on color/availability. I'm going tomorrow to finalize my color choice.

I think it's going to be choice between Cypress Pearl, Moonlight Pearl, Briarwood Pearl, and Mercury Metallic.

What does everyone think of the quote? Should I try to deal more?
  • in the west coast (california) as there are more dealers and there are probably more cars, they are able to deal $1500 over invoice on premium base cars (ie for $57,249 MRP they's sell at $51,974) which is $5.3 K off MSRP. on the more optioned ones they "argue" that there is more demand and less supply(BS?) and say you can get the a $62k MSRP car for $57+K which is $4.5K off msrp.

go for the biggest dealers (minimum 2) in the farthest location you can travel to-preferably where there are more lexus dealers in the area. by doing so you get dealers who have more cars allocated to them at any given time and have internet mgrs who can bargain down fast over the phone.

when dealers have more cars and it's month-end, then you are king.nothing is constant,it's all about supply and demand-and target sales budgets.
    I originally was going to go with the same dealer who sold me my cadillac (same owner, not store) but I found another nearby who offered me a better deal.

2004 LS430 Moonlight Pearl/Ecru
    Ultra Luxury Package
    Nappa Leather Upgrade
    Cargo Net
    Cargo Mat
    Wheel Locks

MSRP: $68,739
    My Price $64,804
  • I'm looking at an 01 LS430 with 29,500 miles Black Onyx with a Ecru interior.I'm not sure what options or packages it has, because I couldn't find an option list for 2001, but I think it's the Mark Levinson Audio Package and a CD changer. It has the Certified warranty, and the dealer offered it to me for $39,000. Is that a reasonable deal?
  • Please tell me the name of the dealer...I would pick up that car in a heartbeat for my son.

It is a very good price...Assuming the car is certified and in excellent condition.

I truly would like the name of the dealer....I am looking for an 04 and he sounds like someone who would be good to deal with.
  • Hi meandmycar, is it possible to get ur dealer name and contact person you are dealing with? I am in market for '04 LS 430 also. TIA
    Naming a dealership is okay, but contact information is a no-no. See explanation at the top of this page.
  • I bought the LS 430,and it is CPO. The dealer was Germain Lexus of Easton, in Columbus, OH.
  • The best time to buy a Lexus is December (remember seeing all the ads). From Jan to Feb it is difficult to get a good deal because the supply is low. March gets better, but wait until the last week of the month if possible. Also, please note that posts from Southern California are not indicative of the entire US. The LA market is hyper-competitive. We have tons of traffic but at least it's a good place to buy a car, especially a Lexus.
  • edspider1edspider1 Posts: 195
    I'm in Chicago, and ordered a Flint Mica Ultra in late December. I don't know if the price was good because of trade, but what you say about Jan/Feb must be true. Here we are in March and my dealer hasn't delivered the car. In fact they don't even know where they're going to get it.
  • scottw57scottw57 Posts: 3
    I just started to look here in Atlanta...so far best price is $2k off MSRP of $61,939. I must do better! Any recommendations from the folks here in Atlanta? Dealer that will deal? I have a trade so out of state purchase will be hard to do. Thanks.
  • ftherafthera Posts: 3
    Purchased my 03 LS430 in December of 02. It is a base LS430 White/Ecru with sunroof, climate control seats, chrome wheels, and gold package.
    I paid $52,995. + tax and lisc.

I do think that December is the month to buy. Lexus sets the following years allocation for dealers, based on what they have sold and delivered by Dec. 31.

The absolute best price I got for the same car was from the internet sales manager at Lexus of Riverside ($52,680)invoice plus $700. Several Cal. dealers were within $200 of this price though. I got my local dealer in Minnesota to do the $52,995. by asking them to match the internet deal, and I split the difference on what it would cost to ship the car from Cal. to Mn with them. If they wouldn't have come close I would have gotten one from Cal.
  • oacoac Posts: 1,594
    I'm replacing my '91 LS which was totaled last week. I'm looking at two right now, a '95 and a '98.

A dealer has the '95. It's pearl white and immaculate, especially considering it has 100k. The only options I'm certain about are traction, heated seats and factory phone (which is not much use<g>). The salesman said he thought I could get it for about $11.5k.

An individual has the '98. It's black with 71k and also perfect. It has traction, Nakamichi and a gold package. He's told me he needs just under $19,000.

I haven't negotiated yet with either party. How do these prices sound?
    Hi oac - you should check Edmunds TMV on these vehicles by clicking here and you might also want to ask the helpful folks participating in our Real-World Trade-In Values discussion. They are very knowledgeable about the market value of used cars.
This discussion has been closed.