Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus LS 400/LS 430 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Greetings rley. Here's the info that you're looking for. If you were to lease a 2006 Lexus LS 430 through Lexus Financial Services right now for 39 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00150 and 46%, respectively. The money factor for a 36 month lease would be the same, but the residual value would increase to 49%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    It's difficult to say why the LS 430's residual values are so much lower than the Infiniti M45's residuals. I suspect that a major part of the reason is that Lexus Financial Services' residual values for the LS are more realistic than Infiniti Financial Services' residual values for the M45 are. Banks often artificially inflate vehicles' residual values to help provide attractive lease payments on them. BMW does it all the time. It's a great way to hide lease support.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • carnut12carnut12 Posts: 35
    Car_man,

What about the MF and residual for 12k miles / 36 months through lexus? Also, do you know why edmunds hasnt updated the incetives and rebates section? I know lexus, mercedes and others have all kinds of incentives and they are not posted. Thanks for your help.
  • Hi Car_man,

Any insight into the current lexus program specials? Looking at a south florida 2006 ls430 MSRP 73,899 purchase price 62,899 with 39 mos/12k miles and inceptions only upfront. I'm shopping a similar MSRP 67,264 purchase price 57,264 as well.

what should the MF/residual be and are they different between the two packages (custom lux and ultra lux)?

Thanks!
  • Here you go, carnut12. Through September 4th, Lexus Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2006 Lexus LS 430 with 12,000 miles per year are .00150 and 51%, respectively. I am not involved with the incentives section of this site, so I don't know why the Lexus information in that area has not been updated yet. You may be able to find out by e-mailing your question using the following page: Edmunds.com - Contact Us.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Greetings islamorada1. Through September 4th, Lexus Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a base 2006 LS 430 with 12,000 miles per year are .00150 and 48% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. The money factors for the Custom Luxury and Ultra Luxury models would be the same, but the residual values for the aforementioned lease would be 45% for the Custom without Pre-Collision and 43% for the Ultra without Pre-Collision.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • I have found a 2005 LS 430 Ultra at the dealer and I would be interesetd in the great deal they should offer on this vehicle. What would be the most advantageous lease terms, 10-12k miles a yr, 2-4 years? What terms would give me the best MF and RV? How deep of a discount should this "new" 2005 ultra be offered at? This seems like a unique situation that should be to the buyers advantage.

Thanks
  • I have found a new 2005 LS 430 Ultra still on my dealers lot and would like to know what price goal I should go after. Since they offer 10k off before even knowing I was interested I am thinking at least 15-20k. Does anyone have any helpful info? Car_man?

Thanks
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    Well, my opinion would be around $12K. I don't think there's $20K margin in there for the dealer.
  • I would like to make an offer on a black LS430 with the list price of $59,700. How much are people paying for such cars in Massachusetts/New Hampshire/Connecticut/Rhode Island?
  • dc661dc661 Posts: 71
    With the new LS460 due in less than a month, you should not pay more than invoice which is about $51,100.
  • Hi mr2ryan83. Wow, this one must have been sitting on the dealer's lot for a loooong time. I assume that you are talking about a 2005 LS 430 that is still technically considered to be a new "car." Lexus Financial Services is no longer providing lease support on 2005 models. You may be able to lease this car through an independent bank, but I'm not sure what its lease program would be like at this point. Its residual values are going to be pretty low. You probably would be better off negotiating a huge discount on this car and financing it through an independent bank using a conventional auto loan.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • tjohntjohn Posts: 14
    Dano15, I hear my local dealer is trying to get rid of their remaining LS430's for $1k under invoice (without breaking a sweat) - call me crazy, but any car on a dealers lot can go for 3% under invoice and still make a little profit for the dealer. Is this true (anyone)? I'm willing to bet you can get $2k to $3k under invoice faily easily right now...Did you buy, yet? Please share your experience.

TJ
  • finfin atlantaPosts: 586
    Now that the 460 is here, anyone got any good ideas on the selling price of new, leftover LS 430? List 64k...with nav, modern lux, etc.. Thanks.... In SE US if possible, all comments welcome...
    Man, I have been checking this board E V E R Y F R E A K ' N day! When is someone going to make a post that the bought an 06 LS for $3k under invoice???? My local dealer has 2 '05's and 4 '06's that he can't seem to move. I'm tempted to offer $3k under invoice (depending on the respective vehicle) but I'm actually afraid he'll take it....how low can you go and who has gone there??? Please let us know if you got off the lot with a "new" LS430 under invoice and by how much ;)
    Fin, I guess no-one is interested in the 430 anymore, now that the 460 is here, even with the higher price tag. My local dealer has an 2006 430 DEMO on the lot with the (OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT PKG PT MODERN LUX PKG 4-SPK WD/LTH-TRIM STR WHL HTD RR STS INTUITIVE PARK-ASSIST MARK LEVINSON AUD SYS NAV SYST W/RR CAMERA/BLUETOOTH 2006 LS430 DEMO) And that is straight off the largest auction website in the world, use area code 30152 and 25 miles radius. It's double listed and being "offered" at approx $2400 above INVOICE (still too much).

The timing is not right for me, but could be in a few weeks, but I think 10% or even 12% below invoice is a fair purchase price since this car has over 6000 miles on it. MSRP on this 430 is $64320, Invoice is $55611, I would think $48 or $49k is a fair price. Comments welcome, what do you think?

Happy motoring!
    :D
  • finfin atlantaPosts: 586
    If I could find the car that you describe as a demo, at 49k I would take it. As long as it drove OK, had a clean history... done. Found a basic model for that price (49k), 6k miles, beautiful, but no NAV. Not interested.

There just are not many 430's left with the NAV screen packages. Reluctantly I have now turned my attention to the 460 like everyone else. Maybe in the spring there will be some slight discounting. In 3 years there will be less demand for the 430 as the 460 is a superior package and will be a year younger used car. It will be worth almost all the price differential you paid if you get stuck at invoice today for a 430 (my opinion).

Thanks tjohn... I have never bought a luxury car before and the shopping is an education. :)
  • we bought a 430 with a sticker of $61k for $49k+$600 for dealer crap. new, black, south florida, second week of september. hope that helps
    fin, your absolutely right - there seems to be little interest in the 430 given the superior pkg the 460 offers, given you could pay invoice for a 430. Go to ?Bay Motors and search on Item number: 290047423391, this car has NAV and RR Cam, something I really want. I've walked around the car on my lunch break and it's amazingly clean for a "new" car with 6k miles on it. Like you, I believe invoice is still too much on a 430 (and Dealers should not expect to get that), even if it has 0 miles on it, let alone a Demo like this one. I'm starting to think $45k is more reasonable. One thing to consider is that L Dealers are now loosing money every month on any 430 sitting on their lot, so I think there is far more incentive than the average buyer knows about to get it off the lot, other L incentives that we don't know about. I think $12k below MSRP for an 06 430 is too much (no offense, marv), $15k to $18k below MSRP is the target, IMHO. :)
  • 350350 Posts: 7
    Which dealer?
This discussion has been closed.