Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Trailblazer/GMC Envoy/Olds Bravada Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Can you tell me what the lease rate should be for a 2007 Trailblazer LT with sun & sound pkg. should be. I am in Long Island NY & the dealer is giving me a cap cost of 30,159, 12K mi/yr 36mth lease with no $$ down, taxes rolled in, no aquisition or security fee and he is telling me the lease rate is 8.75% and residual is 58%. My monthly payments would be $500.00 per month. Am I getting a fair deal or getting taken for a ride? We are currently at the end of our Tahoe lease & they will take it back early & waive the final 3 payments.
    Please help asap...Kryss
  • amricamric Posts: 4
    Not yet. Still deciding between the Jeep GC & the TBSS.
  • andre1andre1 Posts: 78
    Can anyone tell me if GM is still allowing leases on remaining 2006 Trailblazers SS? Since so many of these are still on dealer lots, I was hoping I get get a GM subsidized lease.
  • amricamric Posts: 4
    No, not on '06 models - at least that's what the dealer told me yesterday.
  • Below is my experience on buying this vehicle at Kelle Chevy
    in Farmingdale, NJ.

MSRP: $29,453
    GMS price(via grandparents): $26,610
    Tax: $1,862.75
    Tag/Title/Doc Fee: $244.50
    Rebates:
    Cash Back: $5,000
    GMS Bonus cash: $1,500
    GM 1% credit card: $543
    Down payment: $1,500

Financed $20,174.25 @ 6.5% for 60 months
    Payment: $394.73
  • No problem Amric. Dealer invoice minus any available incentives is a good price for this truck right now. Unfortunately, the $1,500 customer cash that General Motors is providing on it is not compatible with GMAC's lease program. Fortunately, GM is providing a special lease cash incentive on this truck in your state, I believe that you mentioned in an earlier post that you're in Michigan. In that state GM is currently providing $2,750 lease cash on the '07 Trailblazer.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi Kryss. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer with 12,000 miles per year are an unattractive 7.75% and 58%, respectively. The fact that you are in GM's Northeast region actually helps though because it is providing a special $2,000 lease cash incentive on this truck in your area. This cash will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost on the truck that you want. I would be happy to calculate what this truck's monthly payment should be if you provide me with its MSRP (I already have its selling price). One thing to keep in mind is that General Motors is providing a $1,000 bonus incentive to consumers who take advantage of its early lease termination program. This cash will also help in the negotiation of your truck's cap cost. Anyhow, let me know what the MSRP is and I'll give you my opinion of the selling price that you were quoted and use it to estimate what your lease payment should be. $500 a month sounds like an awful lot to pay for a Trailblazer. There are a lot of nice trucks out there that would cost less than that to lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hey andre1. Unfortunately, General Motors is no longer providing lease support on 2006 models.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hello,

I am looking to lease a TB 1SS with a MSRP of 32,905. I would like to lease it for 27 months with 15K a year in mileage. Could you give me some payments/residual/interest rate/lease cash incentives?

First time posting, thanks in advance for the help.

Chris
  • Hello Chris. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 27 month lease of a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer with 15,000 miles per year are 5.9% and 63%, respectively. General Motors' cash incentives and special financing rates for this truck vary by region, but I am not sure if its lease program does. I'll have to look into that for you. I would be happy to use the aforementioned lease program to estimate what the monthly payment should be on the exact truck that you are interested in, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its selling price. Let me know and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi:
    I have a 27 month lease through GMAC for a 2006 TBSS LS 2WD that is coming due in 12 months. My residual is $27k. I'm pretty sure that by the time my lease is over that the street value will be far less. Does anybody have any tips on how to negotiate with GMAC to lower the buyout price at the end of a lease?
    Thank you
  • mikej2mikej2 Posts: 2
    Hello Car_Man,

I am looking to lease a 2007 Trailblazer LT 4WD. According to Edmunds invoice for this vehicle is $32,840 (MSRP $35,620). The dealer has agreed to lease me the vehicle at invoice minus incentives for 12k miles per year for 36 months. Would you pleae estimate the monthly payment for me? I am located in NJ.

Thank You!
  • In order to determine whether you should purchase your vehicle at the end of your lease, you need will to compare its purchase price to its value on the open market at the time. Even though it states your car or truck's purchase option price on your lease contract, you should place a call to GMAC to make sure that you have the correct figure. When you do so, it never hurts to try to haggle with them. Some banks will negotiate the lease-end purchase prices of vehicles. If your initial contact at your bank is not willing to lower your vehicle's purchase price, you may have better luck if you work your way up the ladder to a manager. There is a good chance that they will not lower your vehicle's price, more often than not they will not, but you don't have anything to lose by asking.

As I said earlier, once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". Many knowledgeable community members frequent that discussion and are often kind enough to give others their opinions on vehicles' values.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Greetings mikej2. Invoice minus any available cash incentives is a good price for a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The lease cash that is available on this truck varies from state to state. I believe that there is currently $750 lease cash on this truck in New Jersey. For now, I will assume that GM does not have any cash incentives on this truck in your area. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer LT 4WD with an MSRP of $35,620 and a selling price of $32,090 through GMAC right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $448.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Thanks!

I am paying $449 per month so I feel I received a fair deal.

Thanks again.
  • Car_man,

Thanks for answering my Impala question yesterday. I am also considering a Trailblazer lease and am hoping you can help me with the "key numbers" so I am prepared at the dealer.

2007 2WD Trailblazer (from your previous posts it doesn't look like LS vs. LT matters)
    36 month lease / 10k miles per year
    I live in Indiana if that matters (zipcode 46902)
    I also have a current GMAC lease that I will be turning in

Can you help me with the following:
    Residual value?
    Base lease rate?
    Cap reduction, bonus, or other lease cash offers?

Also, if I did 39 months instead would that drop the residual?

Thanks for your assistance on these forums!
    Lisa
  • No problem, mikej2. Your payment sounds about right to me. Enjoy your new truck :) .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • You're welcome, Lisa. You're right, GMAC's lease program for the 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer does not vary by trim level. Its current 36 month, 10,000 mile per year base lease rate and residual value for this truck are 5.9% and 60%, respectively. GMAC's lease rate for a 39 month lease of this truck would be the same, but its residual value would be 1% lower. In certain counties in Indiana General Motors is providing $1,750 lease cash on 36 month leases of the '07 Trailblazer right now. Additionally, just yesterday GM introduced $1,000 lease loyalty cash for residents of those same counties.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi, I need your help.

I am on the upside of a loan on my 2002 van. It seems like this happen to me every time I buy a car so I'm thinking about leasing a SUV to avoid owning more than the car is really worth. I love the room in the 7 passenger van but the appearance is boring and that is why I decided on SUV. This will be my first time leasing. I am working on a tight budget as well. After doing a little research I think the 2007 trailblazer LT 4x4 may be a better buy for me as far a price,quality and such goes. Can you give me any pointers on leasing a vehicle vs buying? I have been to few dealers and they tell me that I missed out on GM deals and the trailblazer are not leasing well at this time. I want to be at no more than $375 month payment, on the 1500 m/yr. Can you give me some suggestions in terms of purchase price residual, and money factor to get me around $375 per month. Does it make since to trade my van in and lease a SUV? I owe around 4700 and the dealers have offered me 4000. Your help is appreciated!
  • Looking for 1SS 2wd Trailblazer lease with 15K per year, either 24/27 month whichever is better payment. Also have $1,700 in GM Card earnings that I can redeem. I live in Macomb County, Michigan (Southeastern Michigan). How much more for a 3SS 2wd? Also I am a lessee of a Trailblazer with 2 payments left. MSRP is about $32,900. Looking for the payment as well as the residual and interest rate.

Many Thanks.