Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Trailblazer/GMC Envoy/Olds Bravada Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rallye350rallye350 Posts: 13
    I am looking into a TB SS lease. Can anyone give me any insight into current residuals and/or pricing that they have been able to obtain? I'm looking in the 24 - 36 month range.
  • noodle15noodle15 Posts: 1
    Hi I am in the michigan area and am looking to lease a 2007 trailblazerss. Just wondering a good price to pay and any suggestion what dealers to go to to get the best deal. I was looking at a 2wd 1ss kinda want to be about $300mnth
  • Looking to lease an 07 trailblazer awd ss. 27/39 months are both options with 12,000 or 15,000 per year. I'm also looking to put zero down with only fees due at signing with payments around $300-320 per month. Any suggestions on selling prices to aim for and dealerships in my city? I live in the SF bay area. Thanks
  • luigisdadluigisdad Posts: 9
    Just out of curiousity, other than you "want" to pay $300-$320 a month with no cap reduction, how did you reach that figure? If "want" is the prime criteria, I "want" to lease a 2007 Maybach for $300 to $320 a month. Even if you get the TB SS for $30k all in, and if your leasing rate is 50% less than the going rate for 800+ fico score customers, you're still in the high $300 for a lease.
  • I reached that number figuring in my $3,200 GM earnings that im putting towards initial fees, taxes and first months payment... My fico score isn't 800 but its pretty f'n close...Stewarts in Colma has contacted me with the best quote so far...$29,500 for an awd ss. Its not the color I want but it'll do.
  • luigisdadluigisdad Posts: 9
    O.K., so to clarify, even though there's no cap reduction and $0 down, in reality, you'll be taking $3,200 off. Now, that makes some sense. $29,500 for an AWD SS is a really good price. What kind of leasing rate are they quoting you? GMAC is not the greatest -- if you have a great relationship with your bank, often you can beat GMAC's leasing rate. Also, are there any available rebates? When rebates are really good, an alternative to straight out leasing is a sale-leaseback. Where you enter into an agreement with a 3rd party leasing company that you'll buy the car, and then instantly sell the car to the leasing company who will then lease it back to you. That way, you take advantage of the rebate. I heard that there are $4k rebates out there for the SS.
    Good luck.
    Roy
  • boinkyboinky Posts: 1
    Hello, could someone explain saleleaseback and what the names of 3rd party leasing companies are, and how that helps you take advantage of a rebate? I guess you mean if you deal with GMAC in a lease, they will not give you the rebate?

Thanks.
  • mrrick1mrrick1 Posts: 4
    Hello!

My current GMAC Lease of a 2005 Trailblazer 4x4 LT ends in 3 weeks. My current lease is a two-year lease with 24,000 miles total allowance. I negotiated a deal where I paid the entire two-year lease upfront. This was $7,000 and included the sales tax for a two year lease. Today I went back to my dealer and for the exact same truck but a 2007 they now want $14,000 for the same lease or $598 a month. I told them there was no way the vehicle prices could change that much. They said they were surprised as well.

My question:
    Like to have a 2007 Trailblazer, LT, 4x4, LT Group 2 package and convenience package, MSRP $33,830. TWO year lease, total 24,000 miles (20,000 miles ok too), no monthly payments, full 24 month upfront paid. What should I expect to pay for something like this?

Many thanks in advance!
  • rallye350rallye350 Posts: 13
    I am in the same boat as you. I was paying about $340/mo for the same car and now I'm looking at about $600/mo for the same thing (although I was getting 18,000 miles per year). Unfortunately I don't think I'm going to get anywhere near where I want to be for the same car. My dad buys from the GMAC auctions and he said that my car would probably bring about $17,000. Given that the residual on the lease was $24,xxx, I can understand why the price is almost double since that would then make up for the additional depreciation. In addition to that, I believe GMAC was sold by GM so now there really is no incentive for GMAC to subsidize the lease the way they were in 2005.

I also looked at doing a bank lease and taking the rebate since GMAC has minimal allowable cap cost reduction, but the bank residuals were dismal. Unfortunately leasing today is not near as attractive as two years ago.
    I agree. I got the same numbers from another Chevy dealership. I going to have them tweak it a bit with lower mileage allowance, go for 36 months, and use $2500 in GM Credit card points. Another dealer got it down to $419 with sales tax included for a 36 mos, 36,000 mile lease.

I'm also going to check out a Jeep Grand Cherokee and see if they are comparable. Let me know how things work out and I will do the same.
    Update. 36 mo. lease, 30K total miles, with all incentives including $2500 GM Credit card points, no downpayment, no security deposit, monthly $369 out the door.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Here's the information on this truck's current lease program that you're looking for, rallye350. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of any 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer with 15,000 miles per year are 5.9% and 64%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 5.9% and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • aephemeaepheme Posts: 48
    Leasing a Trailblazer is just NOT attractive at all. I went by the Chevrolet dealership today... Residual and money factor are the same for the 24 month lease above. It's almost $550/month with the GM Supplier Discount! That's more than an Infiniti FX35.

There's currently an $800 incentive for a 24 month lease.

The 36 month lease is a bit more attractive (with a $2600 incentive). The offer given to me today was:

MSRP: $34,950
    CapCost: $30,121
    Residual: 58% (10k miles)
    Money Factor: 5.900% APR
    Acq. Fee: $595
    Doc. Fee: $75

Monthly: $399.44 or $425 w/ 6% MI tax

But that's 36 mos....
    You can do better. Over the memorial day weekend I got the following deal:

07 Trailblazer Leather, Sunroof, Red Jewel Tint Coat (extra), 4 wheel drive, etc. loaded. I can get you the exact MSRP if you want but it's similar to yours.
    No money down, first payment included, $500 Lowes Gift Card, sign and drive at $369 per month. Tax included. I did use $2500 in GMAC credit card points however. 36 month lease with 10K miles per year.
  • Hi:
    My lease for my 2006 TB SS is up in 6 months and I want to take advantage of the pull-ahead program. Does anybody know what the GMAC leasing rates and residuals are for 2007 Trailblazer SS? I live in Los Angeles, California, zip code 90293.
    thank you
    Roy
  • Carman,

How do these numbers look:

NY State
    2008 Trailblazer 4WD LT
    MSRP 30595
    Sell Price 27700
    Money Factor 7.65
    Residual 18346
    GM Rebates 3100
    39 month 10000 miles per year
    Taxes first payment up front 1100 + 298
    298 a month
  • karchkarch Posts: 42
    Does anyone have lease money factor and residual values for a 36-39 month lease, 15K/yr (in CA)?

Thank you.
  • inkoinko Posts: 1
    I'm a rube. So, please bear with me.

3SS Package, no nav or sun roof.
    Turning in my 04 (they're paying the last month)
    $3000 down including Tax, Title, dest, etc. everything.
    $469/month
    39 months
    12K miles

Here's the rube question: Did I get took? :).

Oh, btw, NYC resident.

Thank you in advance.

Inko
  • I just leased my 2007 TBSS w/ 3SS, Safe and Sound, no sunroof, BOSE, no nav.
    MSRP was $36k
    Had a 2006 TBSS and did a 6 month pull ahead (turned it in and didn't have to pay the last 6 months of that lease).
    GMAC had a $1k incentive on leases so that acted like a cap reduction payment.
    No security since I was turning in a 2006.
    Paid 1st and last month for a total of $885.
    Monthly payment including state tax of $40 is $440.
    Hope that helps.

Roy
  • I leased my 07 TB 3SS in Feb. '07, fully loaded, safe and sound, bose, nav, 2wd only thing, which is what I wanted.
    They paid the last 3 months of my 05 TB and I put $1,500 down, I pay $428 a month on a 36 month lease, 15K. I did have $1,600 in GM earnings, this was a non-gms lease, it was at invoice or something like this.
    Michigan lease by the way.

Hope this helps you out.