Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Trailblazer/GMC Envoy/Olds Bravada Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Thanks for the posts, it really helped with my deal. The details: I also had a 95 LS Blazer w/ 75K miles. Good condition but needed new brakes, possibly a muffler and new tires soon. I shopped it at 3 dealers and best one gave me $6,000. Others would give $5500, all were immediately wholesaling. I bought the new TB LT model for $500 over invoice ($28,900 vs. $31,340 msrp) and $6,000 for my 95. I also received quotes from gmbuypower site from 2 local dealers. Both offered aprox $700 over invoice as their "best offer". These quotes came in handy at negotiating time. I tried Autobytel, but feel it's basically a referal service. The guy I talked to was a novice salesperson didn't really know the difference between an autobytel request and a random inquiry. The internet prices are really helpful, but do these guys sell any cars? I can't imagine buying a $30K+ car over the net!
  • Hi,

Anyone here bought/buying a Trailblazer using the GM employee discounts? ...GMS/GMO price?

Here is one package I'm considering (on the dealer lot):
    2002 Trailblazer LT 4WD
    w/ running boards, locking diff, wol tires,
    cd player + cassette, driver convenience pkg

Total MSRP is $32760. Invoice is $29721. GMS (GM in-stock) price is $28,676. The GMO (built-to-order) price for identical package is about $450 less (because of no dealer advertising costs, etc).

Here's my question:
    If I'm not mistaken, a distant Chevrolet dealer told me over the phone that a dealer can lose its "license" if doesn't sell the vehicle for exactly that price--the GMS/GMO price.

Is that true?

Or can I negotiate some more taking into account the dealer holdback (about $1000 or so for this model)?

The reason is that according to those numbers above, the dealer "should" still be losing money because $28676 (GMO price) + $1000 (holdback) = $29676... which is still under the dealer's invoice price of $29721. So what other EXTRAS is the dealer getting from GM???????

thanks!
    Scott.

P.S. Somebody please inform me what the "wholesale financial reserve/floorplan fee" is... and what the average amount for a $30,000 vehicle that amounts to for the dealer.
  • Hi all,

Today I just ordered a 2WD LT Trailblazer from Campbell Chevrolet of Bowling Green, KY. I used by dad's GM discount and ordered the following:

2002 2WD LT Trailblazer
    1SD package + locking diff, traction assist, white-letter tires, metallic red paint, cd + cassette (no changer), Bose sound system :), sunroof, and running boards.

The base MSRP price was $28,665. A week ago, their computers said the base MSRP was $28,515. I thought it was going to go to the $29,265! that is listed on the Trailblazer home page at GM, but it's good that their computers didn't have time to "catch up".... :) Anyway, my total options brought the total up to $27,343.51 by using my dad's GM discount.

I will let you guys know how the Bose system compares to the base radio system. The dealer didn't have a Bose system for me to listen to, but I went ahead and ordered it anyway. I'll give you my opinion once I get my new ride! I'm sure getting tired of driving an '88 Ford Aerostar and refilling the transmission fluid more often than the gas tank. ;)

-mcgyver
  • I got a LS group 3 package for $24,880, $100 above invoice. That was a pretty good deal, the problem stemmed from the fact that I got raped on my trade-in, 1999 Silvarado LS with 29K miles b/c it was a V6. Either way living in Houston, 29K for 2 years is awasome. They did not see that.

Loved the test drive...Love all the features....Love the look. It is really nice!
  • 2 weeks ago I bought a 2002 LS 2WD with Group 3 Equipment package and paid $25,125. MSRP was $27,085. Edmunds.com said the TMV was $25,228 so I felt I got a great deal. There are few Trailblazer's on the lots in Nashville, only one or so on each lot is an LS and absolutely none are LS with Group 3 package. I had to have the remote entry and side body moldings so I had to have group 3. I had a local dealer find me one in Georgia that was indigo blue with pewter cloth interior and I'm as happy as can be. I haven't had it long enough to truly judge it, but the ride is very nice, the engine is extremely quiet and the power is amazing. I went from a 1993 Explorer to my TB and couldn't be happier.
  • On October 17th 2001 I bought a 2002 Trailblazer, LS, option level 1 Base model, at Gunn Chevy in San Antonio TX. I paid $23,305 + TT&L with 4.9% GMAC 5yrs. No Money down, no trade in. According to what I,ve seen on web sites like Edmunds, this is $100+ below invoice price. How does this compare with deals in other states? Anyone?
  • Hi Everyone

I just got my new TB for Christmas! I picked it up the day after and the experience couldn't be more painless. I paid exactly $25K but can't remember the sticker price. I thought I got a good deal also because the dealership was so nice. I didn't trade-in my 95 Nissan Sentra but did leave a $3K down payment. I also got the 0% intrest for 36 mo. so I think we did ok.

I was just a bit surprised at the increase in my insurance premium.

I love my new car!
  • I got a great price on mine, take in to consideration of the Lemon Law I fought with on my 2000 Chevy Venture, we bought 4 other vehicles from our Chevy Dealer in less then 5 years, same sales person, the MSR on my venture was $35,750.
    they gave me a deal of $28,000. Couldn't go wrong.
  • baltychenbaltychen Posts: 50
    2002, TB, 4X4 + 1SB, + locking Differential + Underbody Shield + 3.73 Axle Ratio + Tax + License + Title = 2,8000.00
  • baltim0rebaltim0re Posts: 1
    I bought a 2002 LS 4WD with Group 3 Equipment package and paid $27,600. MSRP was $30,100. I paid $100 dollars over the Invoice price. The only options I got were a locking differential and white raised letter tires. We could have gotten $2,500 off, but decided to go with the 0% deal from GMAC for 5 years. I haven't had it long enough to truly judge it, but the ride is very nice, the engine is extremely quiet and powerful. I just had to post this message because two weeks ago when I was looking for this SUV I found this message board very helpful. I hope others can use this info when they decide to buy.
  • mitchinpamitchinpa Posts: 40
    Has anyone recently tried using the GM Supplier Discount? If so, what kind of savings did you see, and did your trade-in value suffer because of using this program?? Thanks in advance!
  • paladin7paladin7 Posts: 8
    Just bought new TB on GM Supplier discount. LS with package 3, and 4wd. Extras are locking diff, wol tires, am/fm stereo w/tape and CD, and engine block heater. Supplier discount is 4% over a GM Employee price. These prices are on the invoice and are not negotiable. There was also a $1750 rebate taken off the GM Supplier Price. MSRP was 30,510. Supplier price was 27762. Full purchase price was 26012. Add sales tax and license and other fees, total was 28,083 out the door. I hope this helps.
    Thanks paladin7! I'm waiting on my 1753 form from GM right now. Did you have a trade in? If so, did they try to give you less for it because you used the supplier discount? Also, if you know, when does the additional rebate end? I appreciate the info!!!!
    I did not trade a car in on the new trailblazer. I have a '95 blazer that has been a real good car for me. The Trailblazer is for my wife. Now, I inherit her Blazer. I also have a '89 Mercury Cougar that I bought new 13 years ago. I use that for my work commute. I found that the lots are loaded with used cars, thus, they will not offer much on trade-ins. The dealer told me that the supplier discount is the cheapest way to go. The new rebates are better now. I believe it is $2500. I found that the rebates seemed to change around the beginning of the month. Check on the Edmunds Rebate page. This website has been very helpful. Also, check the Townhall and read up on what all the triplet owners think of their new vehicles. Good luck.
    Congrats on your new purchase, or should I be saying that to your wife! Does she like the vehicle so far? I have taken a test drive in one and was very impressed with the power. I have a 97 Blazer, which has had it's problems, but most of them were covered by the extended warranty I picked up. I just had the power booster replaced last weekend. Did you take the rebate in lieu of the 0% financing on the new Blazer?
  • ron_mron_m Posts: 188
    Sticker: $32,500.00

Total paid: $29,500.00

The one I bought is a 2WD LTZ--and I've had LOTS of problems out of it after only 12,000 miles of operation.
    I took the rebate. The 0% financing was not available when I made the purchase. We just went on about a 250 mile drive this past week-end. The Trailblazer has good power for passing, and the ride and handling was very good. We only have about 1100 miles on it, but, so far, everything is fine. What is a power booster in a blazer? I wonder if my '95 has one. I am still trying to decide if I should spend the extra thousand for an extended warranty on the Trailblazer. Do we need it?
  • momstruck1momstruck1 Posts: 206
    Just wondering what you were paying I have the LT with the factory installed running boards and the DVD player. I really don't know what package I have but this seems to have all the bells and whistles that the LTZ has except for the digital stuff and the lights outside on the side mirror. I live in NY so I pay the highest I think at $420 a month .
    From what the service manager told me, the power booster controls the pressure within the ABS. The symptoms I was having were a little nerve racking. I would try to apply the brakes, and the brake pedal would not move at all. Then about 2 to 3 seconds of constant pressure from my foot (and a few hail mary's) the pedal would give and would stop me. If I was at a stop, the constant pressure on the brake pedal would cause the blazer to stall. Good thing I still have my extended warranty (runs out this coming May). The power booster was $329, plus 5.3 hours of labor to replace it. Total bill would have been nearly $700, it cost me my $50 deductible. btw, I'm still waiting on my form from gm to take advantage of the supp. discount. Been about a week so far. Maybe it will be in the mail today.... Thanks again for the info!!!
  • mjdartmjdart Posts: 11
    I bought a Pewter LS with Pewter interior. This 2wd with Option 3 and also limited slip differential. Total MSRP was $27,960 for a 6-19-02 build date. I used my Dad's GMS discount for a cost of $24,477.63. The 0% or $2500 discount was also available. I used the 0% even though the dealer offered me 4.54 financing with interest adding up to $2500 - a wash. Good if you're going to pay it off early. I am very happy with this vehicle, it handles and drives way beyond what I expected. I added several accesssories like pewter colored cargo tray and splash guards. I will also be getting fog lights when available and maybe running boards in the future.