Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Trailblazer/GMC Envoy/Olds Bravada Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi mikeriley12. Congratulations on your new truck. I am sorry to say that your the paperwork has been sent to GMAC and you have physically driven off in your truck it is probably impossible to convert your deal from a lease to a conventional loan. You're going to have to continue with your lease and then decide at the end of your term whether you want to buy your truck or turn it in.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • andre1andre1 Posts: 78
    Car_Man,
    Please forward the lease terms (residual, money factor) for the 2006 Trailblazer SS (24 and 36 months, 12K and 15K miles per year). Also, is there any cash rebate (SE region) or lease cash on this vehicle?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Here's the info that you're looking for, andre1. GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer with 15,000 miles per year are 4.9% and 66%, respectively. The 12,000 mile per year residual value for this lease would be 1% higher. Its 36 month, 15,000 mile per year numbers are 4.9% and 57%. Its 36 month, 12,000 mile per year residual value would be 3% higher. The only lease cash that is available on the '06 Trailblazer in GM's Southeast region is on LS models that are equipped with a select set of options.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Car_Man,
    Thanks for the information. Regarding the lease cash, it appears that GM is offering about $3500 rebate in other regions (i.e. northern) but not in the SE region. Even though I live in the SE region, can I purchase a vehicle from a dealer in another region to take advantage of this large rebate? Also, why in the world would GM penalize its customers for living in certain regions by not offering rebates available to other regions? Seems like a very dumb idea to me for a company that is desperate to sell SUV's..
  • Are you sure the offer is $3,500 in lease cash? I know GM is offering this amount if you purchase, but I thought lease cash was generally a lot less than this? If this is true then you should be able to buy from any dealer in the SE region and have it shipped anywhere.

Car_Man, I have some dumb questions. I am interested in leasing an '06 Trailblazer LT with an MSRP of about $31k. I am in Las Vegas, which is Western region. First, is there any lease incentive from GM that you know of? Second, what would you say is a fair cap cost to negotiate down to with the dealer, specifically, how much would be a reasonable amount for the dealer to kick in as a cap cost reduction? I've read all the posts in this forum and haven't seen anything about a ballpark value one should target for the dealer's contribution to making a deal happen. $500? $1,000? $2,000? And again, I mean what the dealer kicks in, not GM.

Also, I saw a commercial on TV just now about a $1,500 down payment matching incentive on purchase or lease for the '06 Trailblazer that is good until September 5 only. It looked like a GM ad, but the GM website makes no mention of it. It was definitely not from one dealer only though. Anyone know about this? Is it possibly from a group of Las Vegas dealers that got together to offer this?

Lastly, what are the current residuals and interest rates on the 24 and 36 month lease options for '06 Trailblazers? I hope I'm not asking too many questions. Thanks.
  • pgh111pgh111 Posts: 11
    Daer Host, or anyone for that matter, anybody know what the residual on a Trailblazer LT, 36 month, 10,000 mile per year lease is? How about first tier lease rate? Also, is there any lease cash available on this vehicle. I know that Chev. is offering the Sign & Drive program. Thanks for your help.
  • :mad: I just got hustled at Greenway in Orlando and ended up with a piece of poo 2002 Trailblazer with 98K mile, minor cosmetic damage, and issues with the engine that only came up once we had it on the road for about 2 weeks. Already had to run a diagnostic on it and found over $2600 worth of repairs/necessary work. Of course, when I say I got hustled, I mean that I bought it for $6,300 with many reassurances from the salesmen that it had been inspected thoroughly, there was no damage mechanically, and that it was in good shape.

PLEASE DO NOT GO TO GREENWAY IN ORLANDO!!! They lie for a sale! I have a 2 year old that was with us during this buying process and they played nice through the whole event, playing on my heartstrings that this SUV was good for the family. Now I can't even drive it out of my front yard!

Talked to a manager today and he basically blew me off despite the salesmen assuring me that if anything went wrong within 30 days they would take care of it.

GREENWAY in ORLANDO= LEMONS! GO ANYWHERE BUT THERE! :mad:
  • Car_Man:

Can you give me some payment information on a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS with an MSRP of $28,910 and a GM Supplier price of $27,306.75. I'd like info for a 10,000 mile lease for 48 months.

I'm also considering another 2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS with an MSRP of $28,705 and a GM Supplier price of $27,135.37. Also, for a 10,000 mile lease for 48 months.

Is GM offering any lease cash on 2006 Chevy Trailblazers?

Thank you so much for your assistance.
  • burdawgburdawg Posts: 1,524
    If it's not in writing, it's worthless. What repairs/work did they say was needed?
    $6300 is pretty cheap for an even bottom of the line LS 02 TB. The list price for retail is almost $11,000 (not accounting for any mileage adjustment).
  • Hi andre1. The $3,500 cash incentive that you mentioned, which has since changed to $4,000, is not compatible with leases through GMAC. GM is providing lease cash on the 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer in some regions, but not the Southeast. Unfortunately, I believe that the incentives that you qualify for are based upon your residency, not where you purchase your vehicle. So you have to actually live in an area that has lease cash on the Trailblazer to take advantage of it. GM isn't trying to penalize its customers in certain areas by providing larger cash incentives in others, it probably is just having more trouble selling the Trailblazer in the areas that it has lease cash on it. Either that or there is just a glut of inventory in those areas, which usually goes hand in hand with slower than expected sales.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi framirez. I am not aware of any lease cash that is available on the 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer in GM's Western region right now. This late in the model year, you should be able to negotiate a capitalized cost of right around dealer invoice on a leftover 2006 Trailblazer without too much trouble. You can always stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar trucks recently: "Chevy Trailblazer/GMC Envoy/Olds Bravada: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

The $1,500 incentive that you saw advertised was a special bonus cash incentive that GM was providing on this truck over the Labor Day holiday. Unfortunately, it is no longer available.

Here's the current lease program for this truck. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer with 15,000 miles per year are 4.9% and 66%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 4.9% and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hello pgh111. Here's the information that you are looking for. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer with 10,000 miles per year are 5.9% and 60%, respectively. Since you mentioned the "Sign & Drive" promotion, it sounds as though you are in GM's Northeast region. Correct me if I am wrong. In its Northeast region, GM is currently providing $1,250 lease cash on the 2007 Trailblazer. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating your truck's capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • I'd be happy to help you out, oakridge067. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS with an MSRP of $28,910 and a selling price of $27,306.75 through GMAC right now for 48 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $337. I calculated this lease based upon 12,000 miles per year because the longest 10,000 mile per year lease I have seen is 36 months. I'm not sure if GMAC allows 48 month leases with only 10,000 miles per year. The payment for an otherwise identical lease of a truck with an MSRP of $28,705 and a selling price of $27,135.37 would be around $335. GM's lease cash on this truck varies by region. If you tell me what state you are in I would be happy to tell you what its lease cash is for this model in your area.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi skotty_4. Unfortunately, I had to delete your post because we do not allow community members to advertise in the forums. Sorry.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • k314k314 Posts: 1
    We're consiering buying a 2006 EXT Trailblazer, 4 WD LS. I've reviewed the info on Edmunds regarding invoice pricing and there's a section called "customer cash adjusted true market value" which lists a price of $22,593. Is this a reasonable goal to try to acheive when negotiating a price? How much below invoice on a 2006 would be the max to expect. I appreciate the input and/or direction to a website that may help me resolve these issues.
  • amricamric Posts: 4
    Hi Car_Man,
    What are the updated residual and lease rates for the 2007 Chevy Trailblazer SS? I was considering 36 or 39 months at 15K miles per year. Also, is there lease cash available in Michigan? Doubtful, I know with such a new model, but I thought I'd ask. I plan to lease with no money down. Thanks in advance! :)
  • Hi k314. Unfortunately, General Motors' normal customer cash incentives are not compatible with its special lease program, so you can't take them into account when negotiating your lease. Besides, I generally find that consumers who are in an area that has a decent level of competition and who shop around can easily beat the TMV number for the vehicle that they want. On a Chevrolet Trailblazer, shoot for as close to dealer invoice as you can get. You may want to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar trucks lately: "Chevy Trailblazer/GMC Envoy/Olds Bravada: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Also, GM has special lease cash incentives on this truck in certain areas. If you let me know what state you are in, I would be happy to tell you if there is any lease cash available on this model in your neck of the woods.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Here you go, amric. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of any 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer with 15,000 miles per year are 5.9% and 55%, respectively. This truck's 39 month lease rate would be the same, but its residual value for 39 months would drop to 54. General Motors was providing $500 bonus cash on all 2007 Trailblazers in October. This cash should have been used to negotiate a lower capitalized cost for your lease. I have not seen if this cash is still available in November yet. I will check today. Please feel free to post a reminder for me if you want to know.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Thanks - I'm looking at an MSRP on the TBSS of $36,470. I can purchase through the GM F&F discount, which I assume is around invoice, which according to Edmunds is $34,023. Edmunds is also showing a $1500 rebate - is this available to further lower the capitalized cost on a lease? Thanks again, Amric
  • Amric, Did you close your deal on your Trailblazer? What kind of rebates did you get applied?
  • Can you tell me what the lease rate should be for a 2007 Trailblazer LT with sun & sound pkg. should be. I am in Long Island NY & the dealer is giving me a cap cost of 30,159, 12K mi/yr 36mth lease with no $$ down, taxes rolled in, no aquisition or security fee and he is telling me the lease rate is 8.75% and residual is 58%. My monthly payments would be $500.00 per month. Am I getting a fair deal or getting taken for a ride? We are currently at the end of our Tahoe lease & they will take it back early & waive the final 3 payments.
    Please help asap...Kryss
    Not yet. Still deciding between the Jeep GC & the TBSS.
    Can anyone tell me if GM is still allowing leases on remaining 2006 Trailblazers SS? Since so many of these are still on dealer lots, I was hoping I get get a GM subsidized lease.
    No, not on '06 models - at least that's what the dealer told me yesterday.
  • Below is my experience on buying this vehicle at Kelle Chevy
    in Farmingdale, NJ.

MSRP: $29,453
    GMS price(via grandparents): $26,610
    Tax: $1,862.75
    Tag/Title/Doc Fee: $244.50
    Rebates:
    Cash Back: $5,000
    GMS Bonus cash: $1,500
    GM 1% credit card: $543
    Down payment: $1,500

Financed $20,174.25 @ 6.5% for 60 months
    Payment: $394.73
  • No problem Amric. Dealer invoice minus any available incentives is a good price for this truck right now. Unfortunately, the $1,500 customer cash that General Motors is providing on it is not compatible with GMAC's lease program. Fortunately, GM is providing a special lease cash incentive on this truck in your state, I believe that you mentioned in an earlier post that you're in Michigan. In that state GM is currently providing $2,750 lease cash on the '07 Trailblazer.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi Kryss. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer with 12,000 miles per year are an unattractive 7.75% and 58%, respectively. The fact that you are in GM's Northeast region actually helps though because it is providing a special $2,000 lease cash incentive on this truck in your area. This cash will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost on the truck that you want. I would be happy to calculate what this truck's monthly payment should be if you provide me with its MSRP (I already have its selling price). One thing to keep in mind is that General Motors is providing a $1,000 bonus incentive to consumers who take advantage of its early lease termination program. This cash will also help in the negotiation of your truck's cap cost. Anyhow, let me know what the MSRP is and I'll give you my opinion of the selling price that you were quoted and use it to estimate what your lease payment should be. $500 a month sounds like an awful lot to pay for a Trailblazer. There are a lot of nice trucks out there that would cost less than that to lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hey andre1. Unfortunately, General Motors is no longer providing lease support on 2006 models.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hello,

I am looking to lease a TB 1SS with a MSRP of 32,905. I would like to lease it for 27 months with 15K a year in mileage. Could you give me some payments/residual/interest rate/lease cash incentives?

First time posting, thanks in advance for the help.

Chris
  • Hello Chris. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 27 month lease of a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer with 15,000 miles per year are 5.9% and 63%, respectively. General Motors' cash incentives and special financing rates for this truck vary by region, but I am not sure if its lease program does. I'll have to look into that for you. I would be happy to use the aforementioned lease program to estimate what the monthly payment should be on the exact truck that you are interested in, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its selling price. Let me know and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
This discussion has been closed.