Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Trailblazer/GMC Envoy/Olds Bravada Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,675
    You are going to have to talk to your employer about providing some sort of income verification. Maybe bring bank statements if you have them. You are supposed to keep copies of your pay stubs just for this reason!

You might ask in our Questions About Financing New Vehicles discussion as well.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• vosvos Posts: 2
    I just traded my 2002 TrailBlazer LS in for a 2005 LT. The list price was $34,935 and it has the sun and sound package with running boards, leather, sunroof, and a Bose 6 cd changer with XM radio. The GM discount price was $28,500 and displayed on the windshield. It also had a $2500 rebate. I owed $14,500 for my old TB and they gave me $16,500 for it. It only had 18,000 miles on it, but no options. I've upgraded to a vehicle with all the bells and whistles including the free one year of OnStar and three months of XM and my payment is $40 less per month, of course its for four more years. I'm definitley pleased with Stanley Chevrolet in McCordsville Indiana. I also purchased an '05 Impala from them in January. It's definitely wierd walking in the garage and seeing a blue TB instead of a red one! :D
  • scot5scot5 Posts: 1
    I purchased an 05 Trailblazer LS on 6/22. With GM employee price and rebate it was $21,500. I added gap insurance at $399 and the dealer arranged financing with a credit union for 5.24% for 72 mos. One thing that was interesting is that I am eligible for a GM discount through my father-in-law. The dealership confirmed that it would not benefit me to use his discount, so GM is really charging the public the same price as employees. My last few cars have been Hondas and Toyotas. I wanted an SUV and the Trailblazer cost less than the smaller, less powerful RAV 4 and CRV. Much less than the similar in power and size Pilot and 4 Runner. I live near the town where Trailblazers are built (Moraine, OH), so it's neat driving a car that my neighbors built. Hope all of our Trailblazer buying and owning experiences go well.
  • Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,675
    A reporter is interested in speaking with someone who has purchased a GM vehicle using the current ‘GM Employee Discount’ promotion. If you are interested in speaking with this reporter about your purchase decision, please contact Pam Krebs, Edmunds.com PR, at pkrebs@edmunds.com with a phone number where you can be reached. The reporter needs to speak with someone today. Thank you

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• locomolocomo Posts: 29
    Have found an '05 6 cylinder Envoy XUV (retractable roof) with 4WD, locking differential, and Onstar. MSRP is $33,480. Dealer wants 26,935 (employee discount) -2500 rebate + 270(doc fee) = 24705 + TTL. Is this a good deal or should I keep shopping?
    Thanks
  • How is everyone getting such a low price before the rebate? I have contacted a few dealers regarding both the Trailblazer EXT and Envoy XL and am getting quotes after rebate for approximately what other people are quoting before rebate (Envoy XL MSRP $33,810, price after employee discount and rebate is $26,310).

locomo - are you sure that the price of $26,935 is before the rebate? If you check on the GM website the employee price for an Envoy XUV with an MSRP of $33,280 is $26,755 and it says that includes all incentives (which I take to mean rebates).
  • imadad2imadad2 Posts: 79
    On the Chevrolet web page under "Special Offers", the current deal for the EXT is a $2,500 rebate on top of the employee pricing. Instead of the rebate, you can get discounted financing. So, if you are going to buy an EXT, get pre-approved financing first. I also used a GM card on my truck, so that may be an additional discount being included.
  • imadad2imadad2 Posts: 79
    Getting almost $9,000 off of MSRP is a good deal. I'd ask them to throw in some free oil changes though ... :)
  • locomolocomo Posts: 29
    are you sure that the price of $26,935 is before the rebate?

Yes. This is in the Mid-South region.
    The guy I talked to on the phone said the price was the same as posted on the web, $26,935.
    I then asked if he'd go lower since I had to drive 200 miles to get it.
    He then told me about the $2500 rebate which would make it $24,435 +$270doc +TTL
    He wouldn't waive the doc fee, so I told him I'd think about it.
    My brother in Pennsylvania was trying to buy a GMC for a graduation present for his daughter.
    They wouldn't do the rebate AND employee pricing for him. This is contary to what's on the GM website, so he went elsewhere(non-GM).
    http://www.gmc.com/currentoffers/index.jsp?brand=&pageName=home&location=tnav&originatingB- rand=divisional
  • I've traded my Honda Accord for an Envoy SLE with options. The sticker price was $31770 that included Polished wheels, homelink, power driver seat, cruise control, and other stuff. After all the rebates the price of the car was $23373 +TTL. That was $1075 less than the price on the Emp. Discount Flyer on the front windsheiId. Also, I received $13500 for my 2004 Honda DX which I paid $15000 last year but had 18000 miles.

I think I received a great deal. I purchased the SUV in June before the employee discount was extended but I also shopped several quotes from dealer to dealer.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Chevrolet Trailblazer. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • gf2020gf2020 North of BostonPosts: 43
    Does anyone know what the factory incentives are for remaining, in-stock 2005 Envoy XLs or Trailblazer EXTs?

The gmbuypower.com web site does not show any incentives, but I don't believe that is correct.

Alternatively, does anyone recall what the last rebate GM offered during calendar 2005 was?

Thanks!
  • What are the current residuals and money factor for a 2006 Trailblazer and Trailblazer EXT for 24 months and 36 months with 15,000 per year.
    Thanks
    Mike
  • Hi Mike. If you were to lease a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer or Trailblazer EXT (their lease programs are the same) through GMAC right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its base lease rate and residual value should be 4.9% and 66%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be 4.9% and 57%. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
  • morey000morey000 Posts: 320
    I've just got some 'internet' bids for a '06 Envoy Denali. MSRP around $38.5K. Two dealers are offering a similar discount. $500 above Invoice, minus the $1K factory rebate.

I know I can do better- but I just don't know how much.
    The value of this vehicle will be based on whether redesign of the Envoy/TB is going to exist this fall as an '07, or next as an '08?)
  • lastarlastar Posts: 30
    Just got a new 2006 TB for $1500 under invoice. Couldn't pass it up.
  • Are these rates dependent on ones location (I live in Minnesota)? Using the figures you provided, I get a much higher monthly payment when using the lease payment calculator on the GMAC financing website, even when discounting the MSRP. Have the rates changed? Thanks!
    Hi mhagaman. I don't believe that the Chevrolet Trailblazer's lease program currently varies by region, but I'll look into it just to make sure. I don't think that they've changed either. If you provide me with the MSRP and selling price of the truck that you are interested in, I'd be happy to estimate what your lease payment should be for you. We can then compare the number that I come up with to the results of GMAC's lease calculator.

Car_man
    Host
  • gmhellmangmhellman Posts: 121
    My wife and I visited the local dealer today to test drive and get numbers on a lease of a 2006 Trailblazer with the cd, on star for one year, side curtain airbags, dual climate control, for approx. 28,000 and change. I was not able to get a monthly lease figure due to the finance manager not being present to "pound out the numbers". My wife and I were hoping to be able to lease around 315 a month, with nothing down and rolling the 3,000 residual on my Bonneville into the loan. I personally don't think it is possible, but I can always hope. Is there anyone out there who knows of a cheaper price or special rebates on base LS Trailblazers?

Greg Hellman
    Hi Greg. The market for the Chevrolet Trailblazer is pretty soft right now. You shouldn't have much trouble getting one for dealer invoice, or perhaps a few hundred less. Check out the following discussion for additional feedback on how much you should pay for this truck right now: "Chevy Trailblazer/GMC Envoy/Olds Bravada: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". I would be happy to estimate what your monthly lease payment would be on this truck right now, but in order for me to do so I need to know its full MSRP. Let me know and I'll "pound out the numbers for you" ;) .

Car_man
    Host