Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Yukon Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,890
edited March 14 in GMC
How did you do? Share your experience with others here!

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
Share your vehicle reviews

Comments

• Austin,Tx. load Tahoe LT 1-SM, with 3rd row, driver conv., side airbags, cargo pkg, sunroof, liftgate, wheel flares, xm radio, towing. drive out 40k.
  • I bought before all the extra rebates

2003 Tahoe LT, 3 row seat, lift gate, white letter tires. Drive out 32,700.
  • Dark Green , gray leather, sunroof, all the options,(3rd row not avalible in Z71) $36,700 out the door (without my $21,000 trade in that is.), Stickered just over $42,000. Progressive Chevrolet in Massillon Ohio is where i buy all my cars, very friendly people and willing to sell a WITH rebates.
  • Seems strange that I am about to buy this beast for $31,162. It has the cloth bench seats, 3rd row seating, 5.3L engine (flex), and does NOT INCLUDE the towing package or the assist-steps. I told the dealer, finance guy, and manager I was just looking at different dealerships. Before I knew it I had them down to offering me invoice price, but that didn't include the $2,500 incentive off the invoice. Somehow they have me believing I have a great deal, though I thought the incentives should be taken off from the invoice + their profit price. The invoice price, according it KBB.com is ~$30,456. The way I figure it, I should offer $500 over that ($30,956) and have them take the incentive from that.

Does that sound correct?
    Thanks guys.
    Mike
  • vinnynyvinnyny Posts: 772
    Doc:

You should be able to buy Yukons all day everyday for $200-300 over invoice and keep the rebate for yourself. If you really want to get it cheap, wait a few months until the Nissan Armada starts stealing sales from them...

Good luck!
  • price for LT with entertainment package, leather 1SM package, autoride etc 39k tax tags 2k
  • dardson1dardson1 Posts: 696
    I am considering an '04 Yukon with zero options. Off the base MSRP they've subtracted $445 for deleting bucket seats for a 40/60 bench (which loses the auto air) and cargo doors instead of the liftgate. It lists for $35280.
        Assuming I could find one, an identical base Tahoe with added traction control and locking differential would be $280 more. The Yukon also has upgraded exterior paint and trim similar to the Tahoe LT. Just find it interesting as Yukon is considered the upscale brand at GM and is actually a bit cheaper with identical options.
  • metmdxmetmdx Posts: 255
    GM has 2500 natl and 3500 regional cash on Tahoe. Local dealer is advertising 6500 off msrp. Shouldn't I be able to get something close to invoice price BEFORE rebates are applied? Especially if I sign over rebate to dealer?
    This would make for one heck of a deal in my book if I could get a 45k Tahoe for say 35K !
    Whaddya think?
    tia,
    metmdx
  • Most of the time, when a dealer quotes that in an ad, it includes the amount of the rebate. You usually do not get $6500 of MSRP plus the rebate. I would look closely at the ad. If the rebate is $3500, the ad will say $3000 off price and $3500 rebate.
  • Metmdx,

Have you tried to get your price yet?

I've seen the advertised price include the rebate, but I also believe we should be able to buy at a price slightly over invoice ($300-$500) BEFORE the rebate is applied. That is how I intend to buy; we'll see if anyone wants to sell! There's lots of Tahoe's sitting on dealers' lots.
  • What do y'all think- 200 over invoice plus 3k cash back on a loaded slt 2wd (safe/sec plus sun/sound, tow, 5.3, rear seat, 3.73) on 31 dec 03?
  • Dardson, nice example of the inconsistencies in GM pricing. Now for another inconsistency (at least as far as I'm concerned), Edmunds thinks that used Tahoes should sell for more than used Yukons!
    GM seems to have pulled the South/Central Region's $3500 rebate on Tahoe/Yukon as of today. It is now $2500.
  • New Year's Eve in CA bought fully-loaded 2004 Tahoe LT 4WD with Sun/Sound Entertainment (sunroof and DVD), Safe and Secure (side airbags and stabilitrak), 5-spoke wheels, wheel flares, skid plates, for a price of 36.6k before tax and DMV.

This includes effect of 3k in rebates (2.5k rebate and $500 customer cash).

MSRP is $46,425, KBB lists invoice as $40,594.
  • Just bought a 2004 LT 2wd- sun/snd/ent 2nd row bucket seats - side imp bags - 17" wheels - locking rear diff - wheel flares - 3.73 axle.
    $36674.00 (inc 2.5k rebate)
    MSRP $46510.00 - East Coast Pricing much higher than midwest and west coast....
    why Edmunds shows the LS preferred equip. pkg as $1800+ but doesn't include the 5.3 engine? The one I'm looking at charges $1735 for the pkg and includes bucket seats, boses, rear audio controls, and the 5.3 V8. Is it a mistake or do prices vary by region? Transportation costs here is $815 and not $850. Rebate until Dec 31st in Texas was $3500. According to the GM site it changed to $2500 Jan 2; however, my salesman says the $3500 is still in effect although they're calling it rebate/customer loyalty incentive. Do they make all this stuff confusing as possible on purpose?
    You never really know what you paid when you trade a car; however, I've been a month+ shopping and researching my '02 Tahoe real-money value and decided something close to $22k was "all the money". My deal follows:
    MSRP $38390 Tahoe LS
    rebate+bonus money 3500
    dealer discount 4390
    net 30500
    trade-in 21500
    difference paid 9000
    GMCard money 2000
    diff.before TT&L 7000

If I got all my car was worth I paid $300 over Edmund's invoice number before rebate. If I believe the dealer who claimed invoice was $400 more, I paid less than invoice. Maybe my car was worth more but as I paid $28k for it 2 years ago, I'm happy enough with $21.5k. These trucks still are the best at holding value.
       Just for the record, I did a little internet shopping for a loan last week. Got a 4.49% for 60 months offer from Capital One. Easy as pie and do-able in about 1 hour. When I told the finance guy I had 4.49% lined up he did a little typing and dropped his 60mo rate from 5.9% to 4.6% so I could drive out with the car tonight.
        If you buy GM, get a GMCard. I got one 2 years ago, use it for everything (lotsa business stuff included), and accumulated enough 5% credit to take an additional $2000 off the trade. I might have left some money on the table, but I don't think they broke out the champagne bottle when I left. Is this a great country or what? Love my Tahoes!
    love the new LS. I immediately noticed the "Honda-like" soft feel on the turn signal lever (small thing but nice impression over the 02 Tahoe), more potent motor on the electric driver's seat, and quicker power windows. Chevy has not been sleeping over the last 2 years. Everything seems more slick, tight, and smooth. I moved from a bench to buckets. Very nice chairs and much better than the bench. Got the Bose. It's plenty good but not any better than the '02 standard sound which was just as good.
       GM seems to be trying to separate the upscale LT from the LS. No side air bags on the LS (without paying), no lights under the ext. mirrors, no light in the glove box, no light under the hood, and no passenger power seat. No huge deal. I'll be happy if they've resolved the steering wheel thumb, bump issue that required a lube every 6k miles. Love these cars.
  • In the process of buying a 04 LS in SO/CAL. Wondering what does your Tahoe have on it. I am looking at $39960 MSRP for cloth interior and sun roof no bucket but in dash 6 CD steering wheel control. My price is $35032-4500 rebate=30532+tax etc. I wonder whether you feel this is a good prices?
  • tdohtdoh Posts: 298
    FWIW--I have an '04 Denali XL and it doesn't have glove box and hood lights either...GM is definitely trying to pinch pennies here and there, at least on some of the '04 models.
  • I went in to dealership talk to buy power manager today he gave me a invoice with the price to purchase with all tax and fee. The total was 33253 which was okay for the package in the car. What has me hesitating is they only want to give 13000 on my trade-in a 02 Trailblazer yes it has 49000 miles but this is less than KKB price for excellence condition.
  • KBB and Edmunds are only an approximation of what a vehicle is valued at. If you want an excellent opinion of what your vehicle is worth go over to the smart shopper section and click on the real-world trade-in values link. Ask Terry to give you his opinion on what your existing truck is worth. Be sure to include condition, color options, location in the country and exactly what you are looking for (ie trade/private sale/etc). Terry buys and sells thousands of cars a year around the country and can give you an exact value on your vehicle. Be sure and thank him 'cause he aint gettin' paid for his service and he is an incredibly valuable source for us here at Edmunds. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,794
    Terry did that for me when I got my used Outback last April.

Funny thing, he was $100 different from TMV :-)

Here's the link:

Real-World Trade-In Values

Dardson, can you take a minute and send in a Feedback Form? Thanks!

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• ianshawianshaw Posts: 119
    I just sold my 02 LT Tahoe with 15k miles and in perfect condition. KBB, NADA, and Black Book (as stated on Cars.com) all indicated it was worth approximately $30,500. I advertised the hell out of the thing and waited almost two months for a buyer. I ended up selling for 29k (which according to Terry on the Real-World Trade-In thread was a very good price for me). So, my experience is that you are going to have to go several thousand below the KBB, NADA and black book figures. Interestingly, Edmunds.com had the closest estimate of what the truck was actually worth.

Of course, you are considering a trade-in, rather than a private sale. So, I don't know if my experience is worth much.
  • Well LS Trailblazer trade value was $14000 at the dealership. We trade for a LS Tahoe. My wife is happy. The equipment is a 5300cc engine,sunroof, 6cd player, 17" wheels, climate control. No leather which was okay I like the cloth in the trailblazer. Price was MSRP $40570 GM supplier price $35726 plus tax and fees. Adding the 2.9 apr.and the bonus cash which was $1500 it was not bad deal. I left there not feeling like we got beat. I know the trade in was low but we did not give it away.
  • mfullmermfullmer Posts: 819
    Don't fret too much about the side airbags not being on the LS. They are optional on the LT also.
    Sorry I was late getting back. Been outta town. My LS options......LS prefered equip. pkg (which included bucket seats, bose, and the 5.3 engine), 3rd row seats (which I took out immediately, wrapped in plastic and stored), 6 disk changer, cargo pkg, tow pkg, and driver's steering wheel controls. Listed for $38390.
       For reasons I don't understand (but good for me), Texas has a $3500 rebate, freight is $35 less, and the LS Pref.Equip.Pkg. list for $1735 instead of $1835 (per Edmunds).
    I'm not sure what the Feedback Form is. I clicked on the link which took me to an email form asking for my question. Please explain. Happy to do whatever. Thanks
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    The feedback form is intended, among other things, for edmunds.com users to alert our editors to possible discrepancies, shortcomings or inaccuracies in our posted prices and for users to seek clarification on how prices are arrived at. You had raised a question earlier about pricing and Steve suggested a course of action which I also recommend. Our editors fully appreciate the feedback!

tidester, host
  • Large dealership in Houston TX I-45

MSRP $37350.00
    Dealer add on $3695.00 ( absolutely worthless)

After addendum sticker 41045.00

Paid $27350.00 5 hours of negotiating (another 3 to complete the deal)maybe I wasn't clear enough when I told him what I would pay the first time.

Plus $300 B.S. no body could even explain it fee, $65 TAG, $33 Title, $25 inspection, $50 Doc fee, $79 dealer inventory Tax

Total = $27842

I'm content with the price but all the haggling took the fun out of buying a new car.

Hope this helps for reference.
    RR
This discussion has been closed.