Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Yukon/Yukon Denali Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Good job! Thats a great deal...what color did you get and what options are on the truck?....Im looking at buying the 2008 Denali in the new color Dark Slate Mettalic but haven't seen one yet.
  • I got the gold Mist Metallic. I really like the subtle look of this color. It is not so in your face. I did get to see the Dark Slate Metallic in the small size Denali. It's hot.

As for options, there are too many to list so I'll state what I didn't get - no sunroof, no 20" chrome wheels, and no nav. I probably would have gone with a model with Nav if the system were GPS based. But, the system is DVD based. I didn't feel it was worth it.
  • I bought my wife a 06 Yukon XL Denali in Dec. of 06. It was a "executive" car with 900 miles on it. "new" sticker price was something like $55K - the dealer was asking $49K. I ended up getting it for $39K out the door with a 100K mile bumper to bumper warranty. So far I am very pleased with it.
  • go8go8 Posts: 58
    Here is my deal:

Denali XL
    Black exterior
    Ebony interior
    MSRP 59,010
    Sun, Ent, Dest package
    20" Chrome wheels
    Heated steering wheel
    Price before tax, title, reg 51,988
    Above includes 3,000 GM rebates, but before GM card cash.

Financed it with a 63 month loan at 5.9%

Looks great! Rides great!
  • irishrogue1irishrogue1 Posts: 127
    there are a number of dealers on ebay selling denali xl's for more than $10k off sticker. prior to today i suspect that it only included the $2000 GM cash. However, chevy/GMC just announed today that yukons/suburbans get $6,000 cash back - including GM loyalty and cash back - does anyone know what the breakout is on the $6k between loyalty and straight cash back? Also i know that GM did conquest cash recently...i m wondering if they will extend the conquest program to apply up to the $6k...

i am also still waiting patiently for GM to increase the earnings redemption limits on SUVs to spark sales.....$1500 on yukon/suburban is not enough....
  • donahuesdonahues Posts: 36
    Any recent purchases that someone can share prices on. Interested in an 08 Denali XL
  • hipercohiperco Posts: 9
    Just bought an 08 Yukon White Diamond Edition, Loaded, MSRP $54600, was priced at $48,491 (discount of $6109). Further reducing the price was -$5000 (loyalty) -$2000 (rebate), -$2600 in GM Card Earnings. Whether there is such thing as a good deal on a 6000lb gas guzzling SUV when gas is heading to $5+/gallon I'm not sure, but this seemed like at least not a bad deal ;)
    hiperco: do you have the old GM card that only allows you to earn $700 per year but there are no redemption allowances?? or did they raise the redemption allowance up from $1500??

did ytou finance through GMAC?? what term and rate?

thx
  • hipercohiperco Posts: 9
    Have the old GM card, $500/yr max, $3000 cap (or maybe $3500, not sure).

Didn't finance through GMAC.
  • asylum575asylum575 Posts: 72
    The redemption allowance are defined once a year, around Sept. Every so often they offer bonus GM card dollars. I'm waiting on pulling the trigger on a silverado/sierra. I guess I'll wait till September. Depending on the redemption allowances and rebates, I may consider an avalanche/yukon/tahoe.
    i have no basis to disagree but it seems strange that they only adjust it 1x per year when the dealer incentives are sometimes changed as often as several times per month....particularly in recent weeks/months when they are desparate to spur sales....

i cant wait til sept....
  • cottingercottinger Posts: 6
    Is there any loyalty cash on GM products right now in the southeast??
    there is no loyalty. just straight bonus cash. $2k base customer cash and $4k purchase bonus cash. check the suburban board post for the interest rate/bonus cash combos that you can choose.
  • asylum575asylum575 Posts: 72
    Interesting point about the captive audience. You're right, I have bought 5 GM products in the last 10 years because of the GMCard points. GM should do a survey to see how much unused point are out there. If they lefted the limits, they would have a flood of buyers. Ford tried a rewards card a few years ago that just didn' make it. GM is the only game in town. They could really clear some inventory with a change on the redemption allowances.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Posts: 780
    Good point about being locked in with the GM points. I have about $11k stored up now, but have the new card with the redemption limits. I'd buy an SUV next week if they would let me spend my points all in one shot...In fact, if they upped it to $5k I might buy a Sierra and a Yukon.
  • I'm currently making a deal with a local dealership for an 08 Denali XL for $51900. MSRP is $59010. That doesn't include the $6k rebate. Didn't even step one foot in the dealership. I basically emailed about 10 dealerships what vehicle I was interested in and what options I wanted and asked them for their best offer. You also have to convey to them that you're serious in buying within the month. I was surprised they all replied. Most of them offered around the $54k (not including rebate). You can go with either the rebate or the 72 mo 0% offer.
  • Made the deal before August 19th.

08 Yukon Denali XL
    MSRP $59010
    Got it for $51989

No rebates used but went with the 72 months 0% financing.
  • Anyone bought since August? I'm going to pull the trigger on a Yukon XL Denali in late October. MSRP ~60k, sounds like I can get at least 52 from the above experiences, anyone go lower now that we're later in the year?
  • vinnynyvinnyny Posts: 780
    Give a dealer $52k for a Denali XL stickered at $60k and he should wash your cars, shine your shoes, and pick up your dry cleaning every week for as long as you own it. My local dealer has "$12,000 off" written on the windows of every Denali and Escalade. That seems great, but he had some for $13k off before the bogus "employee pricing" promotion started. Hang in a little longer and they'll throw in a Pontiac G5 with every Yukon sold...
  • What is a good deal now? Edmunds says 4500 + another 6k in incentives. Yet over on the Chevy side people are saying they are dropping 15k or more off of sticker on fully loaded Tahoes. I am looking at a 2008 Denali with 20" wheels, REARVIEW CAMERA SYSTEM, moonroof, nav. Local dealer here has about 20 still in stock.