Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti FX50 / FX35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• wibblewibble Posts: 569
    Great! Congrats! Enjoy the car. Where did you buy it from by the way?
  • mikeymikey Posts: 6
    pleasanton of infiniti (sf bay area)
  • tls3tls3 Posts: 4
    Hi guys,
    I received a quote from carsdirect for $44086.00 FX35, Sports, DVD, Tech and Chrome. Invoice is $43336.00. The difference is $750.00. The dealer accepted the offer, but I think I could get a better price. Please note I want to lease, Should I be concern with the price or try to get the lower price and tell the dealer at the end that I want to lease.
    Let me know best option.
    Thanks
    TLS3
  • smokey100smokey100 Posts: 26
    MIkey, who was your sales guy? I'm in the bay area and I'm looking for an FX too.

Thx-Smokey100
    if you want to email me add at aol after my screen name.
  • norcal3norcal3 Posts: 6
    Picked up my black/brick/black FX45 on Sunday from Peninsula Infiniti in Redwood City, CA. Fully loaded with Tech, premium packages, chrome wheels, splash guards, cargo protector. $48,500 out the door. Very good dealership experience--worked with the interned sales manager who basically took my order, calculated the msrp, and asked what I wanted to offer. I offered list--he asked for $500 over list. We split it mreo or less down the middle. Very fair, very quick and easy, no hassles whatsoever. Offered the extended warranty but no pressure at all. Got 1.9% financing, which was great too. I will have a sat radio installed--looks like we will get to $650 or so installed--probably fair. I am sure I am preaching to the converted here, but this car ROCKS. Super fast, super luxurious, veyr cool looking. I am moving from a BMW and couldn't be happier with my choice.
  • jdinnjjdinnj Posts: 9
    Here in NJ
    I got a deal for $500.00 over invoice, same car, waiting from dealership to meet me halfway, I offering $250.00 over invoice.
    Thanks
  • harryhharryh Posts: 7
    Marvin, good work. I believe you got an excellent deal...that's just a touch over invoice. Not to harsh your mellow, though, and just as an FYI...as of April 1 Infiniti began adding the marketing fee to the invoice price. So, any FXs that arrived after April 1 simply have a higher base invoice. Sort of gets rid of controversy I guess.

Anyway, I picked up my FX35 AWDw/Sport last Thursday...what a blast; and lotsa luck keeping it under 70MPH on the expressways. I can't seem to.
  • otis123otis123 Posts: 426
    I have 3 different invoice prices from 3 different sources (fleetrates.com=35665., edmunds=36176., carsdirect=36119.) for a 2004 FX 35 AWD Touring w/ splash guards, cargo area protector and 590. destination.

Any advice (besides getting dealer to show their "invoice") on which is the real figure??

Thanks
    The only "true" invoice price you are going to get is the figure on the Infiniti NA invoice at the dealer. The fleetrates.comm one looks way out. Edmunds and Carsdirect are usually in agreement.
  • lee_wlee_w Posts: 239
    Please remember no names of salemen, per Town Hall agreement. Thanks,
  • mwitt3mwitt3 Posts: 15
    thanks for the info on the marketing fee. Pick mine up tomorrow can't wait. I suppose my next investment will be in a radar detector.
    I'm on the same page. I've never felt the need for a radar/laser detector but now it's a whole different ballgame. The FX handles so well at high speeds that I don't even notice that I'm ripping along at 80 or 90 MPH. I know absolutely nothing about detectors.

That marketing fee thing really confused me. I was about to "walk" on my eventual dealer's "absolute lowest" price until I read something on one of the other FX forums about the fee being added to invoice as of April 1. All of my Edmunds research was pre-April and I was negotiating mid-April on a yet to be delivered FX. So I looked the dealer invoice up again and it was $500 higher than the invoice price I'd been using for negotiating.
    Fleetrates.com probably hasn't updated itself on Infiniti's addition to dealer invoice(as of April 1) of the previously separate $500 marketing fee.
  • mwitt3mwitt3 Posts: 15
    When I was negotiating he wrote down all the figures and I saw no marketing fee and of course stayed quiet. I was very close to invoice but I did have a trade in which complicated things somewhat. My trade was a 2001 nissan xterra se 4wd with 32k miles. Looking up the trade value on edmunds I came up with $14,700 with my (subjective) assessment that it was in outstanding condition. When I asked for $15k (and invoice for the FX)it was no-can-do as 2005's will soon be out and perhaps the condition was not as outstanding as I thought We finally settled for 14 k for the trade. I still do not know to what degree they were offsetting invoice on the fx by decreasing the trade in. Such is life.
  • smokey100smokey100 Posts: 26
    I may have the chance to purchase the demo FX at a local dealer. It's the only one they have that's configured the way I want it. It has about 1,000 miles on it. Any thoughts on how much of a discount I should ask for? Should I be concerned about a demo being driven hard before it's had time to break in?
  • stevied75stevied75 Posts: 1
    Just recently completed some shopping and found an FX 35 AWD w/ Touring for 35,700. Curious to see what others think about this deal.
    Sounds good. Includes anything else? Splash guards, etc.

How many miles?

Where is the dealer located?

Thanks!
  • ducmonducmon Posts: 8
    I bought a fx35 from herb chambers, touring package, splash cards and cargo protector for $34,339.
    What city? Demo miles or undriven? That is a very low price! Thanks.
    The car had 11 factory miles. Herb Chambers is located in Boston.
    I am from Ohio and couldn't find any local deales who would get close to a FX35 for $34.339 with AWD Touring. I love the car. The deal was smooth. I did most of the negotiating on the internet...Elcin did a great job for me. I took the 1.9% financing also
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Posts: 2,720
    There are (at least) two Boston area dealers (Quirk and Herb Chambers) who consistently advertise FX35/Touring for ~$5000 off MSRP, putting the price right about where ducmon paid. Herb Chambers is the largest Automotive dealer group in New England, I believe.

The Sunday Boston Globe has a large Auto section and Quirk & Herb are there every week. Infiniti of Norwood was advertising up to $8k off MSRP, but that ad included '03s.

Anyone know if Infiniti is going to add any exterior colors to the '05 FX? Are they going to upgrade the interior a la the Altima & G35?

'13 Jaguar XF, '11 BMW 535xi, '02 Lexus RX300

thanks for the info!
  • mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Posts: 159
    ducmon,

Are you shipping the fx to ohio or flying out and driving back? Just curious, b/c I'm in Indiana and wonder what the shipping cost might be to the midwest.

Mark
  • guru78guru78 Posts: 3
    $42,160 out the door including virginia 3% sales tax. Thats about 300 over invoice. Not the best deal but it comes with 3 years of oil changes with free loaner car. Its silver/black leather tech/touring/splash/cargo protector. Please tell me I got a good deal!

-A
  • fzara2003fzara2003 Posts: 12
    Alright, i'm in a dilemma if I should buy or lease the FX35 with Tech/Touring and 1 year of free oil changes.

If I lease...
    15,000 miles, $0.15/mile
    Monthly Payment: $598.03/39 months
    Cap Cost Reduction: 1483.42
    Total Cap Cost Reduction (Reg Fees, Title, Monthly Payment, "Tax on Red", Doc Fee: 2397.96
    Money Factor: Still awaiting this number from the dealer

If I buy...
    he said he'd give it at $500 over invoice, at $40,440, which is a stellar offer.

I'm more inclined to lease it since it would be much cheaper, but I still think that at $600/month I can do much better as lease.

What do you all think, and is the lease a good deal?
  • yoshingyoshing Posts: 1
    was it a lease deal, b/c I contact the dealership it wasn't a purchase deal they claim it was a lease deal.
  • vhuangvhuang Posts: 2
    Has anyone else noted that dealers are quoting you different invoice prices for the same equipped car? Does each dealer make its own deals with the manufacturer?

I am interested in buying an AWD FX35 with touring and tech package and cargo area protector. Edmunds and CarsDirect quote an invoice price of $39,987 for this car. However, Riverside Infiniti quoted me an invoice price of $39693 and offered me $500 over this invoice price, Metro Infiniti (Monrovia) quoted invoice of $39,988 and offered me $154 over invoice (threw in splash guards too), Tustin Infinite quoted invoice of $39922 for same car with tow hitch and sunroof wind deflector in addition to cargo protector and splash guard. They offered me $400 over their invoice.

I still hate this whole car buying process, though with the advent of the Internet, it has come a long way.
    I drove teh FX35 home. I happened to be in Boston for a client meeting and flew to Boston and drove home. The flight cost $165.00. You can get a really good airline price when you can schedule the return flight to provide the lowest cost fare. I did get one quote for transportation via an enclosed truck and it was about $800 to my door. I wanted to see and drive the car before purchase so I choose to drive. The trip was a blast taking the FX35 to the RI beaches and enjoying a fine automobile.

Ducmon
  • royroy Posts: 1
    After exhaustive negotiating, I purchased a silver FX35 RWD with Touring and Technology packages and XM radio. There were dealer installed options also: window etching, paint protector, and wheel locks. I paid $250 over invoice $39,500 plus tax, licence and document fees ($299). Did I get a good deal?
    As you've already been told "in another place" this is due to the age of the cars. On 4/1/04 the marketing assesment was scapped by Infiniti and the invoice price of their cars was raised by 1.5 to cover this. Also, some time in May (I forget when exactly) the G35, FX35 and FX45 prices were increased. If you are looking at a pre April car, an early May car and a late May car then you will see three different prices for similarly equiped cars. You should think about going back and asking for the "out the door" price from these dealers. That is what you are goping to pay at the end of the day, not X amount over invoice.