Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti FX50 / FX35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I just got an another email from Rosenthal and they refused to go below $43500. He said that there's more demand for tech package equipped FXs. I am pretty sure that I won't get it at that price. Does anyone know what's the best offer people got for tech package equipped FX?
  • I'm assuming the $43,500.00 is for a FX35 and not inc. tax and Lic.

If it is for a FX45 .... Sounds like a great deal to me !

I paid $48,394.72 on April '03 ( not inc. tax , lic., and fees)
    for my Berryrillum FX45 w/ tech. , rear cargo mat , roof rails w/ cross bars , etc (read previous posts on this board , if interested ) .....
  • I went to an Infiniti dealership in the Washington, DC area over the weekend, and they didn't even want to negotiate on a FX35 with Tech package. They were at $46,500, which is MSRP.

I thought that they would want to get rid of them since the 2004 models are coming in... but I guess not.

Does anyone know where I can get one for $500-$1000 over invoice?
  • wibblewibble Posts: 569
    The 04 FX's are not going to be around until November at least so there's no pressure to clear out 03s yet.
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,946
    In the new, "As sales have climbed, Infiniti's incentives have plummeted."

Contra Costa Times

Steve, Host
  • Which dealer did you go to? I didn't think any were still asking MSRP. Even Rosenthal was offering money of MSRP. If it's not in this thread, it's in another on this website. There are defintely better deals to be had.
  • stanny1stanny1 Posts: 962
    Sounds like Grubbs to the rescue.
    $46k for a 35 Tech puts you almost in loaded 45 Tech territory!
    My DG 45 Tech was $48,600 with some extras. Gee, you could have had a V-8!
  • It was Rosenthal. I checked out Grubbs and they definitely have great deals.

BTW, at Rosenthal's website online, they have at least 15 FX35s in inventory... so it doesn't seem like they are selling like hotcakes!
  • Bought an FX35 Beryllium with tech packages. The camera helps a bit but don't think it's the selling factor for buying the tech package. I like the navigation system the best . Cool toys. I do recommend you add a cargo mat and all weather floor mats. I would hate to make the brick interior.
  • Try Passport Infiniti in Alexandria Va. new dealer, good inventory. Just off 395 Duke St. exit.
  • wibblewibble Posts: 569
    How does that logic work? They may have had 30 a month ago.
  • Just got my 2003 Ivory FX35, no options for $750 over invoice. No too bad. Can't wait for delivery on Monday.
  • I've been in the market for an FX35 fully loaded and all the dealerships here in the bay area Ca. want MSRP. Did anyone one this board from the Bay Area get a better deal. If not I think I'll wait for the 04's to come out, then they might want to go down even just a little...
  • How much off MSRP did you get and where did you purchase?
  • I paid 42500 (46380 out the door) for my 2003 FX35 with tech package. The only accessory it had was the roof rails (no cross ones). There were some minor blemishes to the exterior of the car but the dealer is fixing it. Otherwise, I've really enjoyed the car.
  • ngkiyanngkiyan Posts: 19
    I bought mine in the bay area in March ,FX35 RWD with tech package and roof rails and cargo mat for
    $43500.00 plus t&L. If you want to know where and who to deal with ,e-mail me and I can give you the names. The dealership was great to deal with. By the way , I leased mine.
  • timtx01timtx01 Posts: 11
    Can anyone fill me in on experiences with Houston dealerships? I'm finding them not very anxious to do deals on FX35's which strikes me as odd since they're obviously not selling well here. Between the 3 Houston dealerships there are easily 80-100 of the FX35/45s in stock and they admit they keep getting more. Infiniti's 2.9% financing through January 2004 also hints that the cars aren't moving well, and I've seen almost none on Houston roads. I'm looking to trade a 2000 BMW 528 wagon in excellent condition with just 28k miles on it but am getting absurdly low numbers for the trade of $17-19k, and I simply will not do that with Carmax over $22k (trade is highly desirable in Texas because it offsets against sales tax). I figure at some point, one of the dealers will realize that a reasonable sale allowing some profit is better than no sale, but I'm not sure how much more blunt about this I can be. I'm not budging from my numbers so it's a waiting game...
  • clpurnellclpurnell Posts: 1,087
    not sure where you live in houston but I see 1 or 2 everyday here. We are not infested with them like the rx330's and mdx's but they are very popular at least on the southwest side of town where I have seen over a dozen different ones. The dealers here do not deal there really are only two dealers as the guy who owns SW infiniti also owns clear lake and west side and north houston have the same ownership. I think they collude on pricing. I got mine (FX35 RWD Black w/Blk/brick int and Tech package) from Grubbs in dallas there are one of the top 3 infiniti dealers in the country and the people at SW infiniti wouldn't even come close to touching there price. I think Grubbs will sell them for 4-800 over invoice right now. You want more information e-mail me. They have an FX35 AWD Tech with SUPERCHARGER on sale now for 46.5K.
  • timtx01timtx01 Posts: 11
    I knew SW Infiniti and Clear Lake were the same owner, but I didn't know that North Houston and West Houston were connected. However, the Southwest dealership admitted to me that it was talking to the North Houston dealership about my desired vehicle and trade. So they are clearly all working together. Frankly this is a major problem in the Houston car market and something should be done about it on the legal front. Last year I was negotiating with BMW and couldn't get anywhere on numbers because 3 of the 4 local BMW stores are all the same owner. Finally one suggested I shop my trade at CarMax, and I got so tired of their attitude and unwillingness to talk numbers that I found my BMW 528 at CarMax instead. It was a much better purchase. Infiniti here in Houston won't get my business either if they keep being obstinate, frankly I'm fed up. I will gladly take my business to Dallas if need be. If any other Houston customers know of collusion like this please contact me. I will be happy to coordinate info and see if state/local authorities would be interested in it. Thanks - Tim
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,946
    Good luck; from what I hear, the Texas auto dealers lobby makes the NRA and AARP look like amateurs.

Here's a link for you (Consumers Union). Check the archives under Financial Services.

Steve, Host