Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti FX50 / FX35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,950
    I'm still confused - if you pay with cash in the US (more than $10,000) then the dealer has to report it on IRS Form 8300 with a SSN. That's somewhat understandable.

But why wouldn't a driver's license suffice for payment by personal check or by outside financing?

Giving out your SSN isn't to be done lightly, imo. link.

Maybe we should finish beating this poor horse over in Any Questions for a Car Dealer?.

Steve, Host
  • wibblewibble Posts: 569
    I did work in car sales for a year or so a while back. The point is that with identity theft being so prevalent nowadays, car dealers are being VERY careful to ascertain the identity of anyone buying a car. You'd be amazed how many peoples driving licenses don't have their current address. I'd say about a third I dealt with didn't. Mainly because people seem to buy new cars after they've moved to a new house. Before everyone gets mad at the big, bad car dealer consider how comfortable you would be letting someone you have never met before drive off in a $40000 car based on a personal check?
    Consider this story (I know someone who was ripped off in this scam) to see the things that go on;
    http://www.presstelegram.com/Stories/0,1413,204~21474~2118174,00.- html
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,950
    The point is that with identity theft being so prevalent nowadays I don't want some TT&L clerk at the dealer having easy access to my SSN :-).

Thanks for the link. Let's move on before the weekday crowd comes along looking for deals and finds this thread instead. I asked for more comments over in the Car Dealer discussion - steve_ "Any Questions for a Car Dealer?" May 2, 2004 11:18pm.

Steve, Host
  • bowke28bowke28 Posts: 2,185
    is a federal requirement on all vehicle purchases regardless of how its paid for. most states also require it for tracking of sales/property taxes.
  • tls3tls3 Posts: 4
    I am trying to lease a FX35. When I go to the Dealers, they always ask Lease or Finance. If I finance, they lower the price to $350.00 over invoice, which is a great deal. If I lease, they want to lease the car at MSRP price, which I am not willing to pay. They also asked, what lease monthly payment do you want to pay.
    Can someone please let me know which is the best way to get a lease for $300.00 over invoice.
    Thank you
    TLS3
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    You might want to take a look at Calculate Your Own Lease Payment .

tidester, host
  • texasfx35texasfx35 Posts: 65
    $750 for XM installation is a bit high. Southwest Infiniti in Houston charges $700 for this installation. There is a fair amount of work that needs to be done to get the antenna and the receiver installed plus running the wiring harness. If you want to know more about the installation details look at the Grubbs Infiniti site. They have an Infiniti performance parts shopping area. You can access the installation instructions in that area. Yes, $700 does seem high compared to $400 MSRP on a factory-installed unit, but after the car is assembled it cost to disassemble it.
  • mwitt3mwitt3 Posts: 15
    Have been following this board for a while and it has been quite a help. Purchased FX 35 with sports and touring packages, brick black interior for $37,400. No marketing fee. Purchased form competition infiniti on long island, new york (Smithtown). Pick it up this weekend--psyched.
  • jpiatchekjpiatchek Posts: 177
    Had my sat installed at Vincel Infiniti in Springfield, Mo. They charged $400. Don't understand why others are charging so much.
  • mikeymikey Posts: 6
    i want to thank everybody for their input regarding the need for a social security number. tonight i picked up my fx35awd(diamond graphite w/graphite leather) with touring package and splash guards for $35,970. best of all, the dealership did not ask for my ssn number after i paid with a check from my credit union. i could not be happier with the salesman and no pressure sales tactics in regards to an extended warranty, window etching, maintenance,ect. once again, thanks for all the help

Mikey
    Great! Congrats! Enjoy the car. Where did you buy it from by the way?
  • mikeymikey Posts: 6
    pleasanton of infiniti (sf bay area)
  • tls3tls3 Posts: 4
    Hi guys,
    I received a quote from carsdirect for $44086.00 FX35, Sports, DVD, Tech and Chrome. Invoice is $43336.00. The difference is $750.00. The dealer accepted the offer, but I think I could get a better price. Please note I want to lease, Should I be concern with the price or try to get the lower price and tell the dealer at the end that I want to lease.
    Let me know best option.
    Thanks
    TLS3
  • smokey100smokey100 Posts: 26
    MIkey, who was your sales guy? I'm in the bay area and I'm looking for an FX too.

Thx-Smokey100
    if you want to email me add at aol after my screen name.
  • norcal3norcal3 Posts: 6
    Picked up my black/brick/black FX45 on Sunday from Peninsula Infiniti in Redwood City, CA. Fully loaded with Tech, premium packages, chrome wheels, splash guards, cargo protector. $48,500 out the door. Very good dealership experience--worked with the interned sales manager who basically took my order, calculated the msrp, and asked what I wanted to offer. I offered list--he asked for $500 over list. We split it mreo or less down the middle. Very fair, very quick and easy, no hassles whatsoever. Offered the extended warranty but no pressure at all. Got 1.9% financing, which was great too. I will have a sat radio installed--looks like we will get to $650 or so installed--probably fair. I am sure I am preaching to the converted here, but this car ROCKS. Super fast, super luxurious, veyr cool looking. I am moving from a BMW and couldn't be happier with my choice.
  • jdinnjjdinnj Posts: 9
    Here in NJ
    I got a deal for $500.00 over invoice, same car, waiting from dealership to meet me halfway, I offering $250.00 over invoice.
    Thanks
  • harryhharryh Posts: 7
    Marvin, good work. I believe you got an excellent deal...that's just a touch over invoice. Not to harsh your mellow, though, and just as an FYI...as of April 1 Infiniti began adding the marketing fee to the invoice price. So, any FXs that arrived after April 1 simply have a higher base invoice. Sort of gets rid of controversy I guess.

Anyway, I picked up my FX35 AWDw/Sport last Thursday...what a blast; and lotsa luck keeping it under 70MPH on the expressways. I can't seem to.
  • otis123otis123 Posts: 426
    I have 3 different invoice prices from 3 different sources (fleetrates.com=35665., edmunds=36176., carsdirect=36119.) for a 2004 FX 35 AWD Touring w/ splash guards, cargo area protector and 590. destination.

Any advice (besides getting dealer to show their "invoice") on which is the real figure??

Thanks
    The only "true" invoice price you are going to get is the figure on the Infiniti NA invoice at the dealer. The fleetrates.comm one looks way out. Edmunds and Carsdirect are usually in agreement.
  • lee_wlee_w Posts: 239
    Please remember no names of salemen, per Town Hall agreement. Thanks,