Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti FX50 / FX35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• aas5aas5 Member Posts: 50
    ruffneck1,
    I am also in Northern NJ and am planning to get the 04 FX45 with Tech. I was also thinking about getting the 03 model since they seemed to be nicely discounted - can you tell me which dealerships you've contacted so far?
    Thanks.
  • mcevikcemcevikce Member Posts: 15
    I bought mine about a month ago and got delivery today. I paid $43,500 for FX 35 AWD, tech package, sports package, and DVD entertainment package. from Ray catena Edison NJ.

I actually dealt with 6 infiniti dealers. Douglass infiniti in NJ, Kings in Brooklyn, Two dealers in LI and one in SI. Best price I got was from Ray catena.
  • kundiekundie Member Posts: 2
    Howdy!!!

I was able to get a 2003 FX35 RWD with Premium package, roof rails, sunroof deflector, and window tinting for $37800 drive out price. Included is a 2 year or 24000 mile service agreement where they will do oil changes, tire rotations, wash the car, and 15000 mile service. This was done in Clear Lake. North Houston was a bad deal and plain insulting (the car salesman told me that I should be looking for less of a car since he would not go below $38500. I should drive by and show him the paperwork with the only thing missing his name on the commission.)
  • tedcruisertedcruiser Member Posts: 50
    Unless I'm missing something I think you overpaid.
    I paid $35,200 for the same vehicle less window tint?, sunroof deflector, and service agreement.
    Service agreement may be worth $1000 and window tint is minimal. With 04's out now you should have been able to get this deal around $36k.
  • bzboybzboy Member Posts: 10
    Kundie,

What a coincidence...I had the same kind of displeasure when I went to North Infiniti. I was told to look for a car like toyota since I was trying to negotiate with the sale rep. I even wrote to Infiniti about my experience. Congratulations on your new vehicle.....enjoy.
  • clpurnellclpurnell Member Posts: 1,083
    I live in houston too. The dealers here collude on price to keep them high. I went to dallas and bought from grubbs and saved K's of dollars. Service costs are minimal I have been following the severe schedule and going to SW infiniti (also owns clear lake) and only have paid $143 total and I have 12k miles on my FX. Enjoy your FX but I don't think I will ever buy an infiniti from anywhere but grubbs while I'm in texas.
  • baydriverbaydriver Member Posts: 2
    Where did you get that out the door deal of $35,200!

Do you know if they will ship to California?

Thx
  • kundiekundie Member Posts: 2
    Tedcruiser,

I included TT&L in my price. Do you think I still overpaid? I would be curious where you think I could have gotten it for $36K DRIVE OUT price. I checked with Crest Infiniti in Dallas and they would have given me the same vehicle for $37550 without the 2 yr/24000 mile service agreement. So I only paid an additional $250 for the agreement.

Regardless, I think that I got a pretty good deal considering the TMV on edmunds and it is really a nice car.

PS - Does anybody get ridicule for the shape of the car? I think I have some jealous friends because they are calling it a station wagon (One drive a Seqoia (METRO anyone) and one drives a minivan (I don't believe they should be saying anything.)
    kundie

Did not know your price included TTL if so you did do very very well.

lw3517

I would go with grubbs all the way. I drove from Houston to buy from them and couldn't be happier.
  • ryanm4ryanm4 Member Posts: 7
    I'm in the Columbus OH area. I took an add from a dealer around Boston to my local dealer, who wouldn't match the other dealer's advertised price. In fact, they told me that the ad price was below what they paid. The ad price was $35999 for an AWD 35 with Touring pkg. The best they could do at the local dealers (Columbus and Cincinnati)was $37k. I've even called the Mass. dealer to confirm they had these in-stock. Is it worth a trip to Boston to save $1k ?
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    Try the "North End" for some of the best authentic Italian around. Check out the Freedom Trail, Old Ironsides, and Faneil Hall (sp?). Lots of people travel to Europe to pick up their BMWs, why not Boston for an Infiniti?
  • mwitt3mwitt3 Member Posts: 15
    I'm shopping for an FX 04/35 and wondering when I could get the best price. I felt after the holidays in Jan. would be good as the demand would be less but I recall one sales manager who said the pressure was on from infiniti to make sales so I'm wondering if before year-end would be the best time to bargain with them?
  • 93fsu193fsu1 Member Posts: 97
    I would say that when you account for current rates and the fact that a lot of people either made new car purchases last year or are waiting for the economy to turn around, now is a great time to buy.

Make an offer and if they don't take it just walk out and return again next month. I doubt they will let you leave without buying for a great price - no matter what day it is.
  • tedcruisertedcruiser Member Posts: 50
    My apologies, I didn't realize this included TTL. Your deal was just fine then. I bought mine in early October before 04's were out and paid 35,200 w/premium,splash guards and cargo mat before TTL. Mine was FX35, RWD. Not a great deal but good enough.
  • ruffneck1ruffneck1 Member Posts: 2
    Sorry for the delay. I contacted these dealers:
    1. Park Ave Infiniti in Englewood NJ - Closest to my house but full of all the wrong information. In fact they called me last week to inform me that Infiniti had just told them that 2004's would not be out until next year. I checked their inventory and they had one in stock (go figure).
    2. Ramsey Infinity, Ramsey NJ - They give you high prices and say "That's a very aggressive price!", I just smiled and walked.
    3. Lynnes Infiniti, Bloomfield NJ - Offered me $1000 over invoice but never could confirm invoice was.
    4. Kings Infiniti, Brooklyn NY - They seemed willing to deal but did not have the car in stock. I guess timing and location didn't work out.
    5. Pepe Infiniti, White Plains NY - I can't remember what my experience was with them, they probably were not very competitive. There are 3 other dealers that also fall into this category: Atlantic Infiniti, Lynbrook NY; Douglas Infiniti, Summit NJ; and Infiniti of Massapequa.
    6. Ray Catena Infiniti, Edison NJ - I had the best rapport here and ended up buying from here. One thing that they said that raised my suspicions is that Edmunds invoice prices don't factor in some advertising costs passed onto them by infiniti. They claim that the advertising adds another ~$600. Does anyone have any independent information that can either confirm or refutes this claim.
    What he told you is correct. The ad fee is there on every infiniti and varies by region. Check carsdirect.com invoice for your zip and the invoice there should match the dealer.
  • JBaumgartJBaumgart Member Posts: 890
    When I bought my FX45 back in April, I had a deal all worked out with one of the two dealers in our area, but at the last second the internet manager brought up the "advertising fee." This was after several very specific discussions which included not only the color and options but all of the fees and taxes, i.e. we had the total price agreed to on a cash deal. I thought he was being dishonest and so I gave the other dealer in town the opportunity to win the sale. He not only agreed to waive the advertising fee but beat the other dealer's price by about $500 as well, so my decision to walk ended up saving me more than $1,000.

I don't mind paying the dealer a reasonable amount of profit but it really bugs me when someone trys to take advantage after you thought you had the deal negotiated!
  • kkndbeefkkndbeef Member Posts: 2
    Guys, today I tried to get a 04 FX45 with permium package, black outside, brick/black inside, I know the exact car I want and for Invoice it's about $43K, and I got offer from local dealer for $44.6K. They dont have the car yet but they said they can check the incoming and if not, they can order one.

My calculation is that, the dealer going to get 1% hold back and if I offer $1000 over invoice, they can make 3-4% over invoice for this car. But they cant work with $44k

So, I choose to wait.

I am a newbie here and dont have lot of chance to buy new car. Any thoughts suggestions? highly appreciated! Thanks.
  • newtismenewtisme Member Posts: 10
    I live in the SF Bay Area and got mine Blck, Brick/Blk, loaded for invoice plus 3% - and that was after a lot of research and various internet offers. I believe that's about the best you can do, and would be a fair price. Hope this helps. Let us know what happens.
  • crikeycrikey Member Posts: 1,041
    I know what you mean about the cargo space. The thing is, how often do you really pile it up in the cargo area? I got a Thule Evolution 1600 and cargo space has not been an issue for weekend getaways.

See http://bellsouthpwp.net/c/r/crikey/P8300018ab.JPG for a picture. (I purposely did not attach it to the post as the pic is a bit big).
  • jmochijmochi Member Posts: 1
    Is $48,000 out the door a good price for a 2003 FX 45 with the Premium Package, chrome wheels and a $2000 DVD add-in (not the Tech Package)? I just started looking and was really looking for a 2004, but the $48,000 seems to be a good price. This is in SoCal.

Does anyone know the differences between the '03 and '04 models? The dealer said only the colors.
    Taken from 2004 Infiniti Lineup - Charting the Changes [Sep. 02, 03]

Enhancements to the 2004 FX45/FX35 include:
    ·Refinements added to the suspension for improved ride comfort
    ·New 8-way power passenger seat (replaces previous 4-way design), new inside door handle lamp
    ·Available aluminum roof rails and 20-inch chrome-plated wheels
    ·New dark silver metallic finish added to 20-inch wheels (for non-chrome wheels)
    ·Snow-Mode function added (shifts throttle input algorithm in low-speed slippery road conditions once activated by driver for enhanced traction)
    ·Standard HVAC air filter on all models
    ·Engine will meet LEV2 standard for emission control (beginning with October production – FX35 only)
    ·New optional equipment package content availability

For me, the most important added feature is the 8-way power passenger seat. The Snow-Mode function might be beneficial to folks up north.
    That price is way high. Plain '03 FX45 Premuims are going of about 40k or less (they have a 3k incentive on them). Add 1200 and 1000 for the wheels and DVD player I wouldn't pay more than 42,200 for the vehicle you listed. 48k should get you an '04 FX45 Tech with all the toys.
  • ncvolncvol Member Posts: 196
    Crikey

Thanks so much for the info on the cargo carrier. We just took our two kids on a four hour trip for Thanksgiving in my wife's Honda Accord, so I think an FX with the Thule Evolution should be plenty to cover us for just about everything. Great tip!

As for those changes for 2004, does the change in the engine to meet the LEV2 standards only apply to ones sold in California? The EPA's site has the 2004 FX35 with a rating of "4" on their "Green Vehicle Guide"
    No problem...BTW, I used the Infiniti factory crossbars to mount the cargo box. I'm sure Thule crossbars would work too, if that would be your preference. I went with the factory crossbars for aesthetics, i.e. it flows nicely with the shape of the vehicle.

As for those changes for 2004, does the change in the engine to meet the LEV2 standards only apply to ones sold in California? The EPA's site has the 2004 FX35 with a rating of "4" on their "Green Vehicle Guide"

I believe that the LEV2 standards apply to all 2004 Infiniti FX35s, not just the ones sold in CA. But, it might be a great idea to check with Infiniti.

It could be possible that the EPA just carried over the ratings from the 2003 model into the 2004 ratings, i.e. it was also a '4' for the 2003 models. I can't imagine the change to making the engine at LEV2 standards not making a difference in the rating. But, I could be wrong. :)
  • ddivine2ddivine2 Member Posts: 4
    I am condsidering 04 FX35 - For Houston owners buying out of town - what has been service experience in Houston with car not bought from local dealer? Still getting loaner cars?
    I live in Sugar Land and bought my FX in dallas. I go to Southwest Infinti for service and for the most part I have been pretty pleased. I have gotten a free loaner for every service no question asked. They have washed and vacumed my car with every service including the 30 minutes I was there for the Airbag Reprogramming. If there sales staff could even come close to what Grubbs usually offers for there cars for I would have bought there. Only suggestion would be to take the Grubbs license plate frame off when you go in :). My service advisor there is Sophia she is not extremely timely with following up but she does make sure every problem is addressed and that I am taken care of. I can't really comment on westside, clear lake or North houston though.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    A tv reporter is looking to interview a recent carbuyer who had to sign an arbitration contract at the dealership. Please respond to [email protected] or [email protected] by 12/12/03 with your daytime contact info and a few words about your experience.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• bzboybzboy Member Posts: 10
    I bought my FX35 from Dallas and I live in Sugar Land. I checked with all four dealers in Houston and none was able to match Infiniti dealer's price in Dallas. North Houston was the worst by the way. Since I bought my vehicle 1 week ago, I will not be able to comment on the service part. However I am positive that SW Infiniti will do a great job since they are the most professional from the bunch.
  • gauntlett1gauntlett1 Member Posts: 17
    Your price of 48K is good. I found my color and I will pick my FX45 up next week 48.3K. If you could wait tell the end of the year 47.8K is possible.
  • hatteras1hatteras1 Member Posts: 8
    Anyone have pricing for an 03 or 04 FX35 in the NoVa area????
  • yyashkayyashka Member Posts: 1
    Finally picked-up my 2004 diamond grafite/grafite FX35 with sports package (happened to be hard to come across at most of the dealerships?!). Got my deal through Edmunds.com. Didn't want the 2003 (as we all know, you do NOT buy a car the 1st year it comes out). I believe I got the best deal possible, tacking that there are no rebates or promos available on this car. IT JUST TO HOT! I always lease my cars. This one is 39 months with $2,588 out of pocket at signing and $479 a month (sale price $36,637 with money factor of 0.00215, if any one cares). The closest offer I had was about $82 more a month. Let me now if I can give any leads. LOVE MY FX! 20's RULE.
  • crfabcrfab Member Posts: 7
    Can someone help me ... what is a good deal to lease an 2003 FX45, Premium Package, Black and Brick/Black interior and where should I go to lease it? I live in Santa Monica but am willing to drive anywhere to get a great deal. Would like to put $2000, no SD, and I have great credit. Any help would greatly be appreciated?
    I have heard good things about Riverside Infiniti. Deal with the internet department and you should do well.
  • wibblewibble Member Posts: 569
    Have you spoken to Advantage in Santa Monica. I've heard they do pretty good deals. Failing that try Riverside.
  • fxfanfxfan Member Posts: 30
    Post 150 was deleted I think because I gave you a link that listed a person to contact! Anyway, if you will give me your email, I will email you the info; it was also regarding Riverside Infiniti :) I have a contact person for you that will give you the best deal.
  • nljohnnljohn Member Posts: 4
    Got ours at $5K off MSRP, don't know if that was a great deal but we are loving this car, lots of lookers at this color combination too. Great handling in the hills, takes corners like our 1976 911S. Just the 2 of us and plenty of room.
  • rollbarrollbar Member Posts: 297
    Have spent some time in my new FX35 now, (1050 miles/2004).

I have Tech, which includes Touring but not the Sport pkg.

I like the 18 inch wheels, it takes the edge off the firm ride. I experienced the full impact of the 20’s when I took one home for a weekend and thought them a bit too stiff.

I may eventually get 20’s in the aftermarket for summer driving but for now the 18s are fine.

Also got the cargo thing, splash guards and cross rails for the top, (turned out to be free since the dealer did not know they were on the car). The car is copper/brick.

Nav is good. Easy to use, (though it might be nice to have an easier method to record “current location” without having to work through three menus). I really like the birdview. The sound system is just fine, CD’s come through clear and crisp and the subwoofer reverberates in your chest. I got a years worth of Sirus and so far am not disappointed in quality or quantity of station choices.

The vehicle is quick. It’s not an asphalt burner but it will squirt when you need to move into a hole or bolt from a light. I am impressed by the torque. The trick is to shift to manual and downshift to get the revs in the 3000 to 4000 range, then when you punch it, it jumps.

Mileage is so-so but probably good as compared to other SUV’s. I get 17 in town reliably buy only 20 on the road. That drops of course, if you are constantly pushing the machine.

Seats are really comfortable.

Planning an oil and filter change this week. I highly recommend the first change at 1000 miles. You would be surprised at the amount of metal that comes out of a new motor. Ask the dealer to save the filer for you and look at it closely. Then I’ll go to a 3500/4000 mile change interval. Not decided yet if I’ll use synthetic or not. I may not opt to go with expensive synthetic oil this time, especially since Infinity wants me to change oil every 3500 miles.

My car had 300 miles on it when I got it. 130 were from the trip down from the dealer that had the car. The other 170 were test drives I assume. I wasn’t happy about that but took the car anyway. Other opinions? How many miles did your vehicle have at delivery?

So the cons:

Very little sub floor, (rear compartment), storage. With the spare inside, there is little hidden storage for all the little junky stuff I seem to think critical to motoring.

Seat heater, (drivers side anyway), seems to be erratic. It’s hot, it’s not, it’s just warm, it’s barely warm enough…..performance is not consistent. Dealer will take a look….maybe it’s the thermostat but I suspect it’s just the nature of the system.

The intelligent cruise system laser is easily confused when the cover plate gets dirty or wet. Works just fine otherwise but in this kind of weather I’ll have to bend down and wipe it off regularly. By the way, this little gadget is really interesting. I set it in traffic, gritted my teeth and held on to see what would happen when traffic come to a complete stop. Amazing. It slowed as traffic ahead slowed and then when traffic stopped, it brought the vehicle to almost a complete stop. Kind of spooky, feeling the car brake significantly while you have your foot off the brake pedal. (grin)

Still wish it had auto lock at 7 miles an hour and auto dimming side mirrors.

One last complaint. I like to wash my own vehicles. I heat up the garage, use hot water and wash my cars all winter long. However, this thing is just too big. It took me a couple of hours, maybe three, to wash and dry the FX 35. I just don’t have the time for that. I may take advantage of the dealers offer to hand wash the car anytime I drop in. In this case, I’ll have to drop in more often.

Roll
  • jburschjbursch Member Posts: 11
    Just quoted $1000 over invoice for 04' FX35. Dealer is in So. Cal. Cars direct is currently offering $750 over invoice. Is $500 what I should expect.

jb.
  • kkndbeefkkndbeef Member Posts: 2
    Guys,

I posted message #137 and finally I got a deal for $44K on 12/4th, for a 04 FX45 with premium package. The dealer ship is Rosenthal, in DC metro area. They told me the car will be here on 12/19th.

And, so far, I am still waiting ...

The story they try to sale to me is that on 19th, the ship just arrived in NJ port because of the bad weather. And we should have the car 22nd, no later than 12/23. Then today, 12/22, they called my wife and said that they made a mistake that the car we've been waiting for so long turns out to be a 04 FX35 with tech package. The only thing maching to my requirement is the color... And now they are searching "the whole east coast" for a car matches to my requirements. I just don't understand how a dealership can make mistake like this! Isn't the year and model the first thing they check other than the color? Maybe if they told me the car on the ship was 04 FX45 with tech package, I would've believed them.

Well, I am really "touched" :-). And I strongly believe, I will NOT get my car, any time soon. I just don't have faith in them.

Hopefully they can prove I am wrong, but till that happens, I will NOT recommend this dealership for anyone I know.

I will keep you guys posted for what happened next. I dont know if reporters are still around this board. I think my story could be an interesting one. ( I can be reached through [email protected] )
    I am also looking at FX35 with tech, but not sport. Same concern over 20's. Where did you buy and what did you pay?
    I have an internet offer for an 04 FX35 Touring+ Technology for 41275 (+TTL) - this is $2520 below MSRP and $1950 above Edmunds invoice. Is this a decent price?
  • safari_in_calisafari_in_cali Member Posts: 8
    You can do better than that. Three weeks ago I bought my 04 FX35 RWD (touring, tech, sport) w/ chrome wheels, cargo liner, mud flaps, wind deflector for $41,200. That's $650 over dealer's invoice ($1050 over Edmunds invoice because Edmunds doesn't include the $400 advertising fee in its invoice price).
    We must think alike and I assure you the 18s do make a difference. You still get a crisp ride but it won't beat you to death on a rough road.

Here's what I got; at the time, a decent deal but I think others may have done a bit better.

2004 AWD FX35 with Tech and Touring, (no sport) cargo area protector, Siris sat radio, splash guards, roof cross rails, (didn't pay for these, didn't want them but dealer threw them in), Copper color with Brick and Black leather. $41,120 plus tax and lic. Central Ohio (Columbus)

Good luck. I don't regret my buy for a second, the car does not dissappoint.

Roll
  • kcrudupkcrudup Member Posts: 26
    Based on numbers from Edmunds, Cars.com, etc. I paid $500 over invoice (whose numbers matched up with those on the dealer's sheet) for my '0345Tech and did not have to pay the $400 Advertising fee, at least as far as I could see. Is that part of the $560(?) destination fee, or did I just manage to deal out of paying it?
  • rimrockranchrimrockranch Member Posts: 4
    Roll, did you go thru the internet sales rep?
  • jburschjbursch Member Posts: 11
    I was just offered $1,200 over invoice for a 04' FX35. Is this a good deal? Cars direct offering $800 over invoice.

jb.
    No I didn't use the internet for negotiating. I negotiated the price with a saleman at the dealership. I had questions about the vehicle and wanted to take a demo home for a day or two and so needed the personal contact. I wouldn't hesitate to negotiate over the net though, if I was positive about just what I wanted.
    I just purchased my 04 FX35 w/ Touring Package from Austin Infiniti for $500 over invoice. Great buying experience. Had it three days - love driving it.
  • b767777b767777 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone worked out a decent lease in the Houston aera like < $500 ........reference msg# 148 in NJ. Infiniti North wants $596.....are they crazy!