Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti FX50 / FX35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• cbusireddycbusireddy Posts: 33
    i see you live in IL. You can get it in your area too. Use this link to get quotes from dealer. It shows 37.6K in your area. http://amexnetwork.zag.com/configurator.html?makeId=2237&modelId=448&researchOnl- - y=true
    After they mail you or call you, quote this forum saying that people in this forum got foe 35.7 K. Then they should consider offer. Talk to internet mgr directly.
  • thanks a lot!

one more obstacle I need to overcome: dealers keep saying that they do not have basic AWD models available in the area. How could that be possible? How can I double check their words?
    Btw, so far the best quote was 38,300 from North Shore in Milwaukee. I will use your link to get them to lower the price.
  • cxq68cxq68 Posts: 1
    jbaby79,
    Do you mind to tell what the total (includes tax, fees, etc.) you paid out of your wallet for the FX35 and what the option(s) are included? I am looking for a FX35 and would like to get some idea per price. TIA.
  • Need advice, my friends

The dealerships around Chicago are trying to convince me that base AWD FX35 are extrimely scarce. I believe they are trying to mislead me. Has anyone shopped or maybe even bought one lately? Please tell me about your experience!

P.S. why would anyone in the world pay 2K for a navigation system when you can get a good one on ebay for 300 bucks?
  • the navigation system includes the all around view monitor (or something like that) which is a great help since parking in this car is kind of a problem due to its style.
    i've also used the garmin nav systems and they don't work well at all compared to the ones from infiniti and lexus.
  • nismofx35nismofx35 Posts: 1
    Just purchased a new 2009 AWD FX35 in Platinum Graphite w/ Graphite interior from Kelly Infiniti in Danvers, MA.. Options include Premium Pkg, Deluxe Touring Pkg, Roof rails, cargo organizer & covers. $41K not including tax, title, reg, doc fees.

I need an original owner with a valid unused redemption code to team up for the AMEX gift card. Below is the link on Infiniti's website for the program. This deal expires 7/31/09 so please respond to this post soon. If you are serious, please let me know I will try to contact you via email. Thanks...

https://www.nnainfo.com/Rewards/datacapture.html
  • jbaby79jbaby79 Posts: 30
    I can check the paper work at home tonight if you still need this info. Sorry for not responding earlier.
  • cbusireddycbusireddy Posts: 33
    It looks like infinity increased the cash back to $5000 for FX35. Anyone bought based on this recently. Please let me know.
  • indy8692indy8692 Posts: 2
    All-
    Any idea if the $5,000 dealer cash incentive can be leveraged with a lease through Infiniti Financial Services? The Infiniti website shows a $539/month lease and I'm wondering how much of the recently increased dealer cash incentive could be used to lower this lease rate or be used toward the required down payment.

I had a quote last month for a lease through IFS that didn't include the $4k offered then but did reflect $2,000 for loyalty cash (my wife has a G35x).

Many thanks!
  • I recently purchased the 2009 2WD with the Premium package for $38,800 plus TTT, etc. Sticker was listed at $45,365.00. Local dealers (within 2 hours) were not helpful. I ended up calling internet dept from a dealership 7 hours away (Tampa Infiniti). I purchashed from them.
    If someone wants to use their Amex referral - I am interested. Email me at cherylrooney@cox.net
  • sw286sw286 Posts: 6
    Do anyone have any update in the FX35 offer in chicagoland ?
    I am looking to buy a Base model.
    Any chicago dealership suggestion for better quote ?
  • bgsu007bgsu007 Posts: 11
    Should try Infiniti of Lisle.
  • I would not suggest Infiniti of Lisle. They avoid by all means to give you a straight forward quote. I've tried dealing with them couple times and I was disappointed. Thier quote was 39,100 for the base model and they were assuring me that this is the best quote in the Midwest, because they have the largest selection of cars.
    15 minutes later I received a much better deal from a dealership in Wisconsin.

Try Infiniti of Madison. 2 days ago they quoted 37,000 + tax, title, fees for a base awd. I did not like the color option though (silver/wheat).
  • alisabaalisaba Posts: 4
    Anyone with an unused referral code for the Amex deal? Purchased at the end of June. Pls PM, thanks!
  • msu79gt82msu79gt82 Posts: 541
    Sorry for the very late reply - I got my '09 FX35 at SW Infiniti
  • fx85fx85 Posts: 1
    I am using the price of nismofx35 in post #1516 to negotiate with Ramsey Infiniti in NJ, with additional GPS package for $41,975. We have signed the contract and I paid $1000 deposit. But after a week, they are backing out the contract by saying that they can't find a car with GPS package and persuade me to take the demo one with all features. How's that sound to you guys? I mean do they have the right to do that.
  • So now they're selling you a used car without a feature you want because that's all they have? They have the right to do what? Bait and switch? I don't think so. You paid a deposit on a NEW vehicle WITH nav. If you don't get that, and you don't want the other one, and if you don't get a big price cut on one with lots of miles on it, then you get your deposit back. They don't have the right to do anything.
  • agree. tell them you will take the 2010 model instead (for the negotiated price of course) when one comes out. That should happen pretty soon.

One more thing, try writing a letter (not an email) to the corporate office, attn Legal department. In the letter you very nicely describe the situation and ask them to contact you with the possible solution. I've done it several times and usually it helped.
  • bgsu007bgsu007 Posts: 11
    Heck no they don't have the right to do that. Please don't fall for what they are telling you. Get your deposit back or get the car you signed a contract for.
  • ok, finally picked up a Base AWD FX35 liqud platimun/graphite at Fields in Northbrook, IL for $37,900. As I mentioned before I had a better quote from Madison, WI ($37,000). However, I did not want a wheat interior, plus the Fields dealership is 10 minutes away and offers free breakfasts and car washes:)) so it made sence to pay an extra 900. But $37K for the base is very doable, IMHO.
  • we've started shopping these vehicles seriously again this week and im having trouble sifting through all these posts. how close to invoice can i expect to get on a new 2009? we're in texas if that helps.
  • they have $5K dealer cash back on the 2009s. Depending on the motivation of the dealer you could reasonably expect 3-4K below invoice.
  • Today I went for the first time shopping around at my local Inifiniti dealer in SoCal as I am in the market for buying an Audi Q5 or Infiniti FX35.

As the lease on my current Volvo ends in 7 weeks I decided to do some orientation at the local dealer.

My interest is in a 2009 2WD FX35 with a Premium Package only. My plan is to pay the car by cash or finance the car for 30-50% as the APR of 0% sounds attractive to me (having a 700+ credit rating). Things became complicated to me as:

The sticker price for the RWD + Premium was $45.700 (+Tax, Registration). They offered me the car for $40.700 if I paid it cash. If I would finance the car based on that amount the APR would be 5.9%.

If I would take 0.0% finance option the car would be around $42.900 (+Tax, Registration). As I am the owner of an old FX they told me that the Loyal Customer Rebate applies to Lease terms only.

It feels to me they are BS-ing on the terms related to the 0.0% APR and the Loyalty Rebate program. Of course reading the thread here there must be a better price on the car to get knowing another Infiniti dealer is less than 15 miles from my local dealer.

Who can help me sorting out what the terms are related to the 0.0% APR and the Loyalty Rebate? Or in the end what do you guys expect what the price should look like considering I am an existing FX owner, want to use the 0.0% finance partly?

Thanks in advance!
    Herber
  • Fisrt of all, find out your invoice price. Costcoauto.com is a good place to do your research.

http://www.costcoauto.com/research/buildvehicle.aspx?trimid=305587

so, looks like the invoice for RWD FX35 w/premium is $41,824

Second, we know that currenty the dealer offers either a nice APR or Cash back in the amount of up to $5K. Theoretically, you could get both, however practically it would take a really motivated dealer to agree for these terms.

Say, you chose the cash, so, your target price should be no more than $41,824 - $3,000 = $38,824. However, I'd push hard for $38,000.

Anyway, email every possible dealership and get the best price. Let them know you are aware of the invoice and the cash back. Do not show up at the dealership, unless you get close to your target price. Bring the paperwork (e-mail trail) with you. Don't hesitate to stand up and walk away if they start changing anything on you. In this economy, you should be able to get your price.

Good luck!
  • Thanks a lot fear_my-catz, I will take your suggested $38k as my target price and will start sending emails to the different dealers in my area.

According to the Infiniti site there is a 0.0% APR if I want to finance a part of the $38k. Do you have experience if the 0.0% still applies or is the financing % something the dealer can play with depending on the negotiated price. I was surprised that the dealer gave me a lower price with a 5.9% APR, and a $2k higher price based on 0.0%. Reading the 0.0% terms on the Infiniti site I do not see any restrictions related to a negotiated price.
  • well, I was not able to negotiate both, the price and the rate. I paid 37.9K for the base awd, which has an invoice of around 41k.
    I did try to push for the special rate, but I was told its either low price, or special rate. I ended up financing for 5.9% which I plan to pay off shortly anyway.

I doesn't hurt to try though!
    Push for both, maybe through in an extra 300, but get the rate. I admit I made a mistake by showing up at the dealership before negotiating the final terms. They felt I'm ready to buy. So, try to get the final terms via e-mail, so you have the paper trail.
  • For Purchase (decided against leasing):
    2009 Infiniti FX50
    Base FX50 (No tech package and no sport package - everything else is already included)
    MSRP: 57,935
    Sale Price: 46,700

This is in the Philadelphia area. I think this is an outstanding deal- can anyone else comment?

Thanks!
  • very nice! The invoice is $54K and change, so you got it 8K under invoice. $5K incentive plus the loyalty credit I guess.

Swesome deal! congrats!
  • Thanks for responding! No loyalty credit actually. I wish though! Would have made this a 44k deal.

Looking forward to picking it up saturday.
  • g_maxxg_maxx Posts: 1
    Been lurking... but thought I'd chime in here.

If you know you have good credit and have a loan lined up already or are paying cash then I don't think there is any reason to pay anything more than invoice minus the 5k incentive. Try to get into the dealer holdback if you can.

Just do you research and then negotiate through the internet sales dept. Always tell them you are going to purchase now and have a better offer than they are offering.

I got my 2009 FX35 in the beginning of April when the incentive was $4k.
    Ended up with an AWD w/prem, cargo holder, splash guards and roof rack for $38,100. I probably could have done a little bit better but needed the car by that weekend. I got them to give me some of their hold back on top of the invoice minus $4k and never stepped foot in the dealership.

The internet is a wonderful thing. :) Hope this helps.