Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti FX50 / FX35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I am also looking at FX35 with tech, but not sport. Same concern over 20's. Where did you buy and what did you pay?
  • I have an internet offer for an 04 FX35 Touring+ Technology for 41275 (+TTL) - this is $2520 below MSRP and $1950 above Edmunds invoice. Is this a decent price?
  • You can do better than that. Three weeks ago I bought my 04 FX35 RWD (touring, tech, sport) w/ chrome wheels, cargo liner, mud flaps, wind deflector for $41,200. That's $650 over dealer's invoice ($1050 over Edmunds invoice because Edmunds doesn't include the $400 advertising fee in its invoice price).
  • rollbarrollbar Posts: 297
    We must think alike and I assure you the 18s do make a difference. You still get a crisp ride but it won't beat you to death on a rough road.

Here's what I got; at the time, a decent deal but I think others may have done a bit better.

2004 AWD FX35 with Tech and Touring, (no sport) cargo area protector, Siris sat radio, splash guards, roof cross rails, (didn't pay for these, didn't want them but dealer threw them in), Copper color with Brick and Black leather. $41,120 plus tax and lic. Central Ohio (Columbus)

Good luck. I don't regret my buy for a second, the car does not dissappoint.

Roll
  • Based on numbers from Edmunds, Cars.com, etc. I paid $500 over invoice (whose numbers matched up with those on the dealer's sheet) for my '0345Tech and did not have to pay the $400 Advertising fee, at least as far as I could see. Is that part of the $560(?) destination fee, or did I just manage to deal out of paying it?
  • Roll, did you go thru the internet sales rep?
  • I was just offered $1,200 over invoice for a 04' FX35. Is this a good deal? Cars direct offering $800 over invoice.

jb.
    No I didn't use the internet for negotiating. I negotiated the price with a saleman at the dealership. I had questions about the vehicle and wanted to take a demo home for a day or two and so needed the personal contact. I wouldn't hesitate to negotiate over the net though, if I was positive about just what I wanted.
  • I just purchased my 04 FX35 w/ Touring Package from Austin Infiniti for $500 over invoice. Great buying experience. Had it three days - love driving it.
  • Has anyone worked out a decent lease in the Houston aera like < $500 ........reference msg# 148 in NJ. Infiniti North wants $596.....are they crazy!
  • srr3306srr3306 Posts: 12
    Love it! Got Touring, no tech, no sport, splash guards, roof rails, cargo cover, graphite/willow. Cannot brag about my deal since the market is very tight here in Philly. People down south are getting better deals. I worked the dealer down to the equivalent of (discount was added to my trade) $37,500 which was probably $500 over what I might have gotten, but this was the last one on the lot optioned the way I wanted it. Two other dealers blew me off before we got near these numbers. Might have done a bit better had I taken advantage of the financing promo, but I paid cash.

Pros: Handling (I Traded a Lexus RX, the difference is night & day.) Power, seats, controls. xenons. Ride is fine with the 18s, if a bit noisy. Very tightly built. Load floor is very wide and usable if not that huge.

Cons: Tires. RE92s are generally panned for lousy treadlife and snow/wet traction. I expect the electronics will counter some of that. There are no real acceptable substitutes out there that I can see in the original size. Lack of a sliding cargo cover is a pain. Found a dealer in Dallas on these boards that sells them for $230. Will have to get one. Small glove box. need more under-floor storage. LCD without tech is a bit lame.
  • If anyone else received in the neighborhood of 3% over invoice on the 2004 FX45, could you please tell me which Infinity dealership you purchased from? I am looking at a fully loaded 2004, and would appreciate some tips from those who were able to secure good deals in this range. Thanks in Advance!

Post #135 RE: '04 FX45 fair price by newtisme Dec 01, 2003 (11:18 am)
    I live in the SF Bay Area and got mine Blck, Brick/Blk, loaded for invoice plus 3% - and that was after a lot of research and various internet offers. I believe that's about the best you can do, and would be a fair price. Hope this helps. Let us know what happens.
    Can you explain what you mean. I'm not familiar with this....but it sounds like a nice feature.

Thanks.....

Roll
  • I've read and benifitted from many of your posts prior to my purchase yesterday, so I thought I'd share my experience --

My deal: '04 FX35 Tech/Touring/Splash/CargoMat in DiamondGraph/Graph for $40,125 -- $400 over invoice ($800 over Edmunds' invoice). Ended up buying from a pleasant salesman from Infiniti Tustin. Metro Infiniti (Monrovia) had basically the same vehicle for a similar deal. I was able to work the deal down a tad bit more than what I negotiated over the phone. Email me if you want more details.

Also had a question: did any (or all) of you get floormats with an embroidered Infiniti logo standard? Mine came with rather average looking and fitting mats, and I'm wondering if I was shorted... Thanks and good luck to all.
  • wibblewibble Posts: 569
    The floor mats in the FX are plain. All the other Infiniti mats have the logo on them. Why is this the case? Je ne sais pas as they say in Paris.
  • gibogibo Posts: 22
    Some readers on the other pricing forum are asking where to find "real" invoice pricing. Is that to say that the numbers off Edmunds are not correct? Why must one buy the info from Consumer Reports?
  • "The floor mats in the FX are plain"
    Wibble- the all-weather floor mats (blk rubber) are much better IMO. They fit nicely and complement the brick/blk interior nicely as well....fyi
  • aleksd1aleksd1 Posts: 37
    Just wanted to thank everybody on this forum for your advice and info. I've been reading and posting here for about 6 months and finally decided to buy a new car. I originally wanted FX35 but after having horrible experience with Cutter Infiniti in Santa Barbara and Infiniti of Ventura, I decided to get something else and eventually got Acura MDX. I was also partly swayed from buying FX by my driving experience. Even though it handled really well, I did not like the interior, especially when compared with my old 94 J30. Every time I see FX on the street while driving my MDX, I feel a tingle of regret, because FX looks so great, but after having bad dealer experience I just did not want to give them my money. I even contacted Infiniti corporate, but they did not care at all. Sorry for the long post,but I just wanted to thank everybody for sharing valuable info about your cars and buying experiences
  • wibblewibble Posts: 569
    Ask the dealer to show you the invoice for the car you wish to buy. if they won't then go to a different dealer.
  • clpurnellclpurnell Posts: 1,087
    The edmunds invoice is accurate except for the caveat that they do not include regional advertising fees. The only site that I know that include these fees in there invoice price is carsdirect.com The base number from edmunds + the advertising fee is what will be on the invoice you see from the dealer.