Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti FX50 / FX35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tk76tk76 Posts: 13
    tobe_cx7 can you please tell me the name of the salesman. Thanks..
  • Zee @ Infiniti of Tyson Corner,VA
    Thanks tobe. Unfortunately they dont have the color I want. So what made you not buy the FX? I am torn between the FX and MDX.
  • I just checked their inventory...it seems like they sold half of what they had a week ago. I suggest you should atleast get a price from them and then match it with dealer who has color you need.
    FX35 is a beautiful vehicle, I had hardtime giving up on it but given gas mileage(I drive 2k/month on avg),repair cost, extended warranty cost,brand depriciation & 4.5K reduction in my purchase price made me switch decision last min. I had nissan before (still hold one) and reliablity although good but not as good as Hondas/Toyota (here come flamers to burn me :) ), Did you drive both mdx & fx? I know their's not good deal goin on MDX rite now, & FX is aggressively priced with incentives, bottom line go with what suits you best & your needs.
    Goodluck with your search.
    Yeah they just have about 4 cars now. I did drive the MDX and liked the way it handles but my wife hated the interior. We both loved the FX(exterior and interior), the RX is just too plain and boring. I thought reliability would be good considering its an Infiniti/Nissan. Where have you heard/read about reliability issues with the FX?
    Also was the 41.5K price with or without Dest?
  • No specific reliability concern...I was talking in general, There's a difference b/w Acura vs Infiniti...look @ consumer reports and etc...again I'm not bashing infi but Acura's have edge over other brand in terms of reliability...I have not seen other brand stating "no tuneup upto 100K" in their brochure (maybe some do But I dont know any).I agree with your wife..FX is beautiful and RX is vanilla. but again PPl are buying RX350 left & right because it's also very reliable car with less depriciation value. I had 3 nissans (now only 1) and 10% of my decision was based on fact that i was bored with nissan drive feel. Again, if you decide to buy FX, you wont regret it..I didnt want to buy FX in end cuz I already have One SUV so I bought a sedan *&* oh yes..41.5 DOES INCLUDE DEST.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts tobe. Enjoy your new TL.
  • Hi All,

I just signed up this deal in the Boston area for a 2010 FX35 with Navigation, Premium, roof rail crossbars, splash guards, cargo area protector and organizer and first aid kit. Color is Midnight Mocha.

MSRP
    $50,240.00

Cap Cost.
    $43,472.46 ($42,579.46 + $298 doc fee + $595 acq. fee rolled in)

Residual
    $26,124.00 (52%)

Term
    39 months

Money Factor

As many of you know, Infiniti has an awesome program where you put down additional security deposits to pay down your money factor. Each security deposit pays down the money factor by 0.0001 and is entirely refundable at lease end assuming you don't have excess damage to the car. We opted to put down the maximum 9 additional security deposits (actually 10 total, 1 acts a as a "base") to pay down the money factor to 0.00048. Our resulting interest rate was very low at 1.152%. We also opted to put a down payment down to make our monthly payment even lower. But anyway, here is the breakdown of our payment depending upon how you structure it.

Total payment: $540.88 (pre-tax) and $574.68 (including tax).

Total payment with 9 security deposits: $508.13

Total payment with $4,766.03 down and 9 security deposits: $375.85.

Total cash to table:

$4,766.03 down payment
    $ 297.88 tax on down payment
    $4,500.00 (9) security deposits
    $ 100.00 DMV registration fee
    $ 375.86 first monthly payment
    $10,039.77

Cash to table would be $475.86 with no money down and no security deposits.

Cash to table would be $4,975.86 with no money down, but paying 9 security deposits.

Invoice on this car is $46,056 and we got it for $2,583.54 below invoice. All in all, not a bad deal, I'd say. I'm very happy with the deal and the car! :)
  • ^ car is AWD version.
    Just bought a 2010 FX35 AWD with premium package, roof rail crossbars, splash guards, cargo area protector and organizer and first aid kit. Color is Black on black/Graphite. Paid 40500 OTD tax in VA(3%). Had an offer for 40k but this dealer was the closest to home and threw in 2 years of maintenance, lifetime free oil changes and some other extras. Drove the MDX,RX350,ML350,Q5 and GLK and nothing compared to the FX. I know its the most impractical(smaller cargo space) of the lot, but for me it was the sweetest ride, awesome exterior and super awesome interiors. Thanks to everyone on this post for posting their experiences especially tobe..
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Posts: 775
    Enjoy and congratulations! :)
  • I'm thinking of buying a new 2010 Infiniti FX35 AWD SUV in NJ.
    Please tell me is this is a STEAL, DEAL, or NO DEAL:

MSRP: $49,915
    INVOICE: $45,925
    CURRENT FACTORY REBATE: $4,000
    NEGOTIATED PRICE of CAR: (after rebate and before tax, title, reg, doc fee): $41,625
    FINAL PRICE of CAR: (after 7% NJ tax, title, 4-yr reg fee, & $249 doc fee): $45,200.25

INCLUDES THESE OPTIONS:
    Premium Package
    Navigation Package
    Cargo Area Organizer
    Splash Guards
    First Aid Kit

Did I do ok? Where could I have negotiated better? The doc fee seems to offset the $300 under invoice price I negotiated so I'm not too happy about that.
    I think its a good price. I paid 39k +tax and tags for the same car without nav. Try and negotiate a 2yr maintenance in this price.
  • im looking at buying a used fx50, we are talking to a man now about a 09 (but he recieved it in june of 08) pretty much fully loaded except for all the lane change stuff, 16,000 miles. He has been trying to sell it for a while (6 months) but its been a pain trying to get ahold of him and such, i was just wondering what yall would think as a reasonable price for the car? I really hate going by KBB and such because the given economy and also not alot of people are going to purchase a $40,000+ from a private party individual.
    The MSRP on that vehicle is 59k so if you can get the 09 for 40K that would be a great price. 09 FX35s are selling for 34-38K so that makes the 40K price for a FX50 pretty good. Its a great car, I love it. The FX35 is very exclusive and hard to find, and the FX50 even more so..
  • Also looking to purchase a 2010 FX35 AWD with Premium Package as the only option (no Nav or anything outside of standard offerings). The quote we got is for $40,940. All research so far says this is a fairly reasonable price, but suspect I could go lower.

It is certainly on par with the $40,500 figure I have seen in this thread. Question for junkbond is: was the $39K financed through the dealer, your own sources, or cash?

Dealer is in PA, but we live in NY (not NYC).

Second question is exactly the same as the OP: is $40,940 a good price for an AWD FX35 with the premium package option?
  • Check the Infiniti of Tysons Corner web site. They have one for $39,351.
    If that price is OTD, then it's a good price, if not then you could go another 1k lower. I financed through the dealer and got 3.95% APR, they pricematched a similar APR that I had through my credit union.
    That price does not include Destination, doc fees and dealer installed options which will add another 1.5-2k to the price. Been there done that. :)