Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti FX50 / FX35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jmmsumrujmmsumru Posts: 5
    I know that the $4K cash back on all purchases was through the end of last month but I was curious if anyone knows if it will be extended through March? I was interested but did not move quick enough. Thanks!
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Posts: 775
    No changes for FX.

10 FX35: Special Rates OR $4000
    10 FX50: Special Rates OR $5000

$2000 Lease Loyalty Rebate for those leasing who own an Infiniti now.

Hope this helps. :)
    Thanks for the clarification, this is great news that I can still leverage the special rates or cash back!
    I'm interested in taking advantage of the $4K cash back offer on the FX35 but I have three more lease payments on a 2008 EX (~$1,500) which Infiniti is not willing to eat. Should I wait until making my last payment (which is the end of May) and hope that they are still offering $4K cash back or bite the bullet now and eat the payments myself. My dealer is willing to sell me the FX35 I want for $500 over invoice which isn't bad and the service at this dealership is really good. My EX is also way under it's mileage quota but it's also too short of a time to consider something like swaplease so I'm looking for advice. Thanks!
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,887
    Have you already established your EX's trade-in value? If you are way under on the miles, maybe it is better than the residual on your contract.(??)

Otherwise, I would wait.

1. It does happen that incentives can get worse at the year progresses, but I wouldn't say it is all that common.

2. If you eat the payments now and the incentive goes UP in May, you'd really be kicking yerself.

3. The dealer may go even lower in May if the units continue to sit there.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

gbrozen - my car is actually worth about (both from kbb and edmunds trade-in values) $1,500 more than my payoff/residual. I didn't really try to use that as a bargaining point, do you think they will budge? I'm willing to wait to ensure the greatest savings. I'm not really keen on outright buying the car and then having to sell or trade it in since I will have to pay the taxes on the purchase price which almost negates the difference between the residual and trade-in value.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,887
    KBB and edmunds are typically high, so it is tough to say if you actually have any equity. But, yes, to answer your question, even with a leased vehicle, you can trade it in rather than turn it in early. You don't need to buy it out to do so. A dealer who buys a leased vehicle from an individual has the advantage of not having to pay the taxes.

So, in short, I would ask the dealer if they are interested in doing a deal now by buying the vehicle for more than the residual, thus saving you some money on the remaining payments.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

• I'm lookin' to pick up a used '09 FX, but can only find former rental cars for sale in my price range (below $35K-I'm finding FX's with 18-23K miles at around $33-34K). I'm hesitant to go that route as the rentals can take a beating. That said, the Infiniti warranty is pretty extensive and may cover any mechanical issues due to the wear & tear. If anyone has any experience with buying former rental FX's and has some advice, I'd love to hear it!

Thanks - Obsidian7
  • I too was looking for an 09 FX35 and ran into the same problems you are having. I did not feel comfortable buying a rental either. I just picked up on 08 with 7,000 miles on it on Saturday from Fields Infiniti in Chicago. I hesitated to buy an 08, but it has all the options and you can tell it was well taken care of and with 7,000 miles, I figured I could not go wrong. Picked it up for $32,325. Not sure if the lane departure and intelligent cruise are worth the extra money, but it had it, so I have it. Hope this helps.

Thanks - Graphite FX35 aka Benchmaster435
  • Oh, I should also mention that the car has Navigation, AWD and the P265/50/20's option for wheels/tires. That might make more sense as far as price goes.

Graphite FX35 aka benchmaster435
  • jabeevajabeeva Posts: 15
    My stepfather received the quote summarized below via email from a dealer in Virginia. I've had great sucess negotiating my cars using the Edmunds forums and I'm hoping to help him out this purchase. Let me know what you think of these numbers.

2010 FX35 w/ Premium, Navigation Package and Roof Rail Crossbars
    AWD
    MSRP: 49,375
    Discount: -8,210
    Quoted Price: 41,165

I presume this quote is before TT&R + any fees. I have suggested that he should ask them to throw in the 2-year maintenance package. Any thoughts on whether we can get this car for a lower price?
  • tk76tk76 Posts: 13
    Does that price include destination? If it does then thats one of the best prices I have seen.
  • grossiegrossie Posts: 39
    Seems like a good or very good deal to me, depending on which situation you're in (see next sentence). If you take the invoice price (about $46k) and subtract any incentives (at least $4k, plus possible the $2k owner loyalty) then we're looking at $40k, so your price gives the dealer $1165 of overt profit. If you don't have the $2k loyalty then it's a better deal, essentially below invoice by $845.
  • Hey - I saw your car on the Fields lot two weeks ago. It caught my eye, nice pickup for you.

fyi: I traded an '06 FX35 with similar options at Fields last year. I got an '09 FX35 from Fields but still sort of miss my '06.

Good luck with the ride.
  • Looking at 2009 FX35 with Prem/Nav/Tour/Splash Guards etc. MSRP with dealer prep $52,225. Dealer asking $45,000 excluding TTL. I can probably get it down more. What is ones experience with the FX 35? I also remember a dealer incentive back in 2009. Does this still exist for the 2009?
  • Hello from Sweden..
    Have anyone got a good deal on a 2010 or 2009 with nav and tech pkg?
    Im shipping it to Sweden (have a 2006 now)
    It has to be with the Technology pkg...as thats the pkg with selfadjusted headlights...a must in Sweden...for xenon lights. I wonder if anyone know where to turn for the best deal...best would be in the Conneticut area.
    Would be happy for help..regards//Arne Johansson
  • My wife is looking at a new FX 35 with Premium,Navigation and Touring Package in Central Texas. Any idea what a good price would be?
    Thanks
  • Anyone have insider information as to when the 2011 FX50 will be released?
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Posts: 775
    No change here.

FX35: $4000 or Special Rates (0% for 36, 0.9% for 60, or 2.9% for 72)
    FX50: $5000 or Special Rates (see above)

$1000 Lease Loyalty Rebate IF you lease and you currently have an Infiniti. (FX35 only) :)
  • chbauerchbauer Posts: 3
    Ok I was at one atlanta infiniti dealer today, test drove an FX35 (Premium Package).

Here's the following quote I got.

If I bring my own financing:

PRICE: $39,119.00
    DOC FEE: $698.00
    TAXES: $2,787.19
    TITLE: $21.00
    DRIVE OUT: $42,625.1

If I qualify and use Infiniti Financing offer:

PRICE $42,977.00
    DOC FEE $698.00
    TAXES $3,057.25
    TITLE $21.00
    DRIVE OUT: $46,753.25

What do you guys think about this deal.

This is for FX35 RWD with Premium Package.

I appreciate your input. Thanks.