Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kia Sorento Accessories

Comments

• iamru2iamru2 Posts: 5
    I believe I heard reference to the Python alarm before. And I guess I will check a dealer for the front bra. I'm not familure with the protective clear tapes.

Chris
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,919
    Check the Car front end protective bras & film discussion for info on the clear tape, aka, film. It's nice stuff, but still pricy.

Steve, Host
  • lok888lok888 Posts: 1,749
    For my understand, you can't just buy a roll of film from them and cut on your own. Every set is pre-cut. They also recommended a professional installer like some auto glass and window places. I heard the cost of the film (for front bumper, hood, rocker panel, mirrors) is about $300 to $400 or more. It looks nice and maintenance free. But for the same cost, I can probably paint my bumper twice.
  • iamru2iamru2 Posts: 5
    Just for curiosity, I checked out the Xpel website for pricing. For my Sorento it's about $297 for the hood and $297 for the bumper. This is just for the material, no installation.
    It is still pricy. It requires advanced installation skill. I actual have a small portion of these tape or film on my 2003 Toyota Camry near both rear passenger's doors and rocker panels. They are pretty much stick on the surface of the panel. My dealer told they are installed at the factory. And for this product, I don't know if insurance will cover it for car accident unless you show them the receipt of the installation.
    hciaffa - I just ordered a complete set of the window deflectors from WeatherTech. I also ordered another set for my other car (03 Camry). This saved me some shipping. I hope this is too late for the season. And I hope the weather will permit me for the installation. Will post message about it.
  • I purchased a set of 4 VentVisors by AutoVent from ebay the other day. Installed it on my Sorento and noticed that I have a lot more wind noise than before. The noise is very noticeable if speed is over 50mph. Anyone has similar experience.
  • I need to run a 12 Volt power cable from the Sorent's battery to under the driver seat to power my ham radio.

Is there already a hole I can use or I need to make a hole myself from under the hood to the inside of the car ?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.
    benjamin - See my previous post. You should try the one from WeatherTech (www.mats.com). I just ordered a set for my Sorento and my Camry. They cost twice as much as the Auto Vent but without taping them outside the window frames. You just insert them inside the window channels. You need to tape the rear set inside the channels. BTW, I have the Auto Vent on my Accord (car sold). I have no problem about it but the tape had been peeled off. And I had to remove the vent for power window motor & regular replacement on the Accord.
  • hciaffahciaffa Posts: 454
    As long as the temp out side is in the 70's you should be able to attach them especially the rear one with the tape. If you done't have a garage then do it outside and leave the Sorento in the sun to heat up the rear windows. As per the instructions you will have to run the windows up and down several times to seat them and then they must be kept closed at least overnight. I put mine on in April and it was still cool here in Ct. Like I mentioned I did notice s slight wind noise from the from drivers window when we got the Sorento but after installing the visors the sound was gone.
    By the way this have a slight gray tint and when look at the Sorento head on or from the rear they are so thin that they hug to the window and give no silouette. I also read in the last advertisement in a Motor Trend mag that they have a darker tint so you may wnat to ask for that. I am happy withthe light gray tint. I matches the tint on the windows.
  • I'm sorry here folks, but I have to ask a question. What is the purpose of the Window deflectors? Is it to make your car look like a cheap aftermarket parts showcase? Is it because you think these things look good? I've never ever seen these stupid devices look good or be effective of anything!

And my only argument is this. If Kia....and Ford and Audi and Ferrari and etc, etc.....thought these devices were effective at anything, don't you think they would include them?

Yeah...you are going to have more wind noise...your adding a device to your car that lessons its arodynamics.

Ok...there...I got that off my mind. Thanks ;)
    ivygrnsorento - I would appreciate your positive inputs and contribution to the community. But I occasionally see posts like this. I hope you understand that you are in "Sorento: Aftermarket & Accessories" board. And having these aftermarket or factory items installed is a personal choice. Back to the window deflectors. It is not a stupid device. You can low the window down a bit for good air circulation during rainy days or hot summer days or even for the smokers. And hicaffa said it reduces the wind noise a bit. I hope we all enjoy our Sorentos in any ways. :-)
    I hope I will have them by the end of next week. They are in back order. For the installation, I don't know if the overnight cool temparture (60s) will make it difficult. But I see you did it back on April with no problem. And do you know if we have the H1 bulbs for the fog lights?
    In may case the wind noise went away. As far as making them look cheap I don't think so I think it enhances the the look as these from weather tech are not as pronounced with a large flare as the other aftermarket ones or even Kias. Now for the fact is that many manufactureres offer these for their own autos GM, Ford andAMG Chrysler, but you have to pay for them as an option like anything else. Effective yes they allow you to drive during inclement weather withthe window open slightly or leave the car parked with the window open. I would have to say it's the owners choice on whether he wants to hang pom poms on his auto or fuzzy dice.
    hciaffa - I remember you linked me to the Sylvania website for the light bulbs spec. I don't recall seeing anything about the fog light. Any idea whether it is H7 or H1?
  • I think that the fog lights are H3 but I'm not 100% sure.

Anyone can confirm ?!
  • Benjamin... A couple friends of mine installed lights and sirens on my Sorento and had no problem finding a couple of different choices for holes to run the power wire through. My siren amplifier is under the drivers seat as well. Also, I have heard that you really don't want to make your own hole through the firewall if you can at all help it. Good luck.
  • You guys may want to check out invinca-shield. I bought and installed the standard kit and the mirrors for about $170. I installe it myself last night. I also have an invinca-shield kit on my MINI Cooper.
    slan_canada - Thanks for the info. I guess I have to remove one of the bulb to see what type. I already replaced the low (H1) and high beam (H7) with MTEC super white bulbs (MTEC bulbs are made in Japan with the same rating as PIAA). They run 2x brighter than the stock bulbs but without burning any wire and draw extra wattage. In addition, I did some upgrade on front, rear turn signal and back up bulbs with super white bulbs.

rocketpop - Any more info about the paint protective tape/bra?
    Sorry no idea on the fog light type I think you will have to take one out to see the type.