Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kia Sorento Accessories

Comments

• I've had my ex for 2 months, so far love it.

I wanted to get a hitch but decided to not go with the dealer at their prices so I thought I would share what I found.

Receiver hitch can be bought on E-bay for $99.00 US from bestforlesstruckacc@msn.com he also sells on E-bay

W9iring harness can be bought at etrailer.com for $30.00 US including shipping.
  • I have an 04 Sorento that I bought new. I went to circuit city and have a code alarm system for under $200.00 including installation.
  • I would like to find an auto dim rear view mirror for my 04 LX
  • hciaffahciaffa Posts: 454
    Interesting on the alarm. Does it have all the features of the OEM key fob, meaning has it got the rear window hatch release. Does the one you bought let you know that when you activate it that the horn beeps. Can you give the model number on the one you bought. I'm interested in knowing so that I can go to my local Circuit City and check it out. Thanks for any info.
  • Yes all features are still just like the OEM key fob except all door unlock with one push of the unlock button. The rear glass unlocks with the trunk button. The code alarm uses a seprate horn but loud. Model # CSI300 or CS1300 not quite sure anyway total was 79.99 with 2 fobs.Hope this info helps
  • I am trying to remove the dashboard and radio in 05 sorento. Can anyone direct me how to get the dashboard off to remove radio and install a new one or a diagram or web page that discuss this?
    If I remember this was posted at another site. You have to remove the outward wood trim or whatever KIa is installing now (mine is an 03). place your hand plam down on the top portion at the top of the dash pushing down and outwards it should give way enough to unsnap it from the dash and then all the screws will be visible to remove each section as you wish.
  • Could you tell me the other site where the directions were posted? I am wanting to install an FM modulator for an XM radio and need to get into the dash. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
  • gakorgakor Posts: 3
    I have a Honda Odyssey, (not 2005 model), and my battery died. I replaced it without a problem, but my radio doesn't work. The radio asks for a security code, but my car dealers didn't give me one. I checked all over the car, I mean, I checked EVERYWERE for the security code, because i heard that the dealers somtimes hide it in the glove box\fuse box. I checked, and I checked in more places then that. Its not in there.

I need step-by-step instructions on how to remove the radio. Can anyone help me with this? Does anyone know any websites that tell how to do it step-by-step? FREE? Or, does anyone know how to do it personally? I bought the car used, and its a factory radio. Thanks ahead
  • az_itaz_it Posts: 2
    I have a cut sheet on how to remove dash, let me know if you still need the info.
  • dbensondbenson Posts: 1
    Hey Everyone,

I recently bought a 2005 Sorento EX with the lux package, which has the 6 in-dash CD changer. I am wondering if anyone knows if there is any way to install a stereophone jack into the stereo with some hardware upgrade or something, that allows an mp3 player to be pluged directly into the stereo as an aux? Here in LA, the mp3 radio transmitter really don't work well, so I'm trying to find an alternative, since there is no tape player.

Thanks
  • coach7coach7 Posts: 4
    I just purchased the Canadian version of the Sorento stone guard. It looks to be fairly easy to install. Does anyone have any experience installing these, is there any problems I should look out for? Thanks.
    I have the CDN version as well and I really like it. Being a full cover for the front of the Sorento it really does protect the front end. I originally had the American version and I began to notice stone chip damage along the sides of the grill. My service manager and his tech like it they say it gives a Darth Vader look to the front end. Only thing I don't like is that you can't get your hand in between the protector and the engine hood to wash or wax.
    To put it on I had my wife help me to hold it so as to measure and mark the position on the hood. Use a grease pencil or sharp crayon to mark just read the instructions and try a dry run then go for it. The mounting clips are better than the American version.
  • This would really help me if I could get a copy of it please. I need similar information to undo an aftermarket installation. My wife mises the remote control on the stering wheel. I'm still afraid of going too far with the wood grain panels and doing damage. Thank you for the offer.
  • Thanks for the tips. I got the thing on with no problems and it looks great. I thought it a bit funny that I couldn't get my local dealership in Missouri to order it for me, in fact they claimed it didn't exist. The other day I was at the dealership and they wanted to know who made it and how I got it. Thanks to Performance KIA in Thunder Bay, Ontario.
  • herve1herve1 Posts: 1
    Hi ,
    I am just just in process of installing new stereo in my sorento.
    However I really could not remove the dahs to instalm my new cd player
    I heard you had a cut sheet on how to do that, I d really could use it cause for now dash does not seem to come away.

Thanks
  • lok888lok888 Posts: 1,753
    Carefully remove the wood trims or plastic trims on both sides of the stereo with a screwdriver. Place a soft cloth on the trim to prevent scratch. Unscrew some screws on the mounting bracket for the stock CD player. Unplug the harness.
  • I could used that sheet for radio
    replacement
    thank you
  • martonmarton Posts: 1
    Just got my parts from TFR and bumper had some shipping damages. Notified TFR and they gave me the option of having it fixed or replaced or 30% discount. I took the discount. Shipping was supposed to be free but when it showed up there was a $85 CDN. COD charge. THis was due to the brokerage fees that were added because the pkg was sent UPS. USPS would have got around the border fees but my pkg was too large. I also bought some:

EURO Lights
    Window Visors
    CHrome Mirror Accents
    Fog Lamp Chrome Accents

All in all the quality of the items was good and once TFR notified me that they couldn't ship to a BOX# (2 weeks after purchase). Shipping was about 7 days to northern Saskatchewan Canada. I would purchase from them again but I would stick to the smaller items as not to get dinged at the border with additional charges. :)
  • I'm thinking of buying a 2005 4x4 Sorento to tow behind my RV. I'm getting mixed messages. The Kia dealer says it will be ok, with a transfer case switch which he will install. The Kia 800 line says that they don't recommend towing and I might void my warranty. Does anyone tow a Sorento?
  • lok888lok888 Posts: 1,753
    The recommended towing capacity for Sorento is 3,500 pounds (includes your trailer). I read somewhere it can be 5,000 pounds with aftermarket parts. You know, I called the Kia when I first picked up my Sorento and asked about the use of 4Lo. They had to look up the owner manual. I don't think they are properly trained and sitting in a huge room and waiting for your call like those telemaketers. The transfer case is factory installed on 4WD model. Why he has to installed it at the dealer? Is he mean the tow hitch?
  • :cry:

What in the h*ll is going on with the aftermarket parts departments? No one knows (even Kia parts dept.) when it will be available.

I have never heard of a vehicle that does not have a locking gas cap available.....even after 2 years on the market!

Does anyone know of a cap that will work on a 2004 Sorento EX?

THanks for your help!
  • Yes there is one available. Fram makes it and it is carried in Checker Parts and Autozone or you local eqivalent of these. Bought one for my 2003 that I just recently sold. Had no emmission/check engine light problems w/ use. Make sure it clicks 1-2 times after securing. :) Wagvfr
  • Dennis

I am a factory trained Salesperson at a Kia dealership in Wisconsin. Everything that I have ever been told is that the Kia Sorento cannot be flat-towed :cry: . Due to the fact that the 4x4 system is an electronic-control on-demand four-wheel-drive system, there is no neutral selection switch on the transfer case. The only way to flat-tow a Sorento is to disconnect the drive shaft from the transfer case :confuse: . Otherwise you will have to get a flat-bed car trailer to lug the Sorento around. The only SUV on the market that can effectively be flat towed without running up the odometer or without added stress to the transmission and transfer case is the Jeep line-up. That's hard for me to say being a Kia dealer :blush: ...but thems the facts!!

Best of luck in your searching for the perfect vehicle to tow behind your RV :shades: .
  • I have the Sorento and a small motorcycle. I also have a motorcycle carrier that fits my 2" receiver. That puts about 400 lbs on the hitch behind my rear bumper. Kia offered a rear air ride option on the 05 and earlier models. Is the air ride difficult to install? will it fit on my Kia? Will it solve my overloaded rear problem?

Ray Kelly
  • you might find the OEM KIA kit (if available, very expensive)

so try this site.

http://www.truckspring.com/airsprings/airlift/app/kia.asp
  • kokokoko Posts: 4
    I am going to install a set of Lightforce lights to the front the Kia on a westin bar. I want them to come on with the High beams. Does anyone know which wire/colour of wire that I should tie into? This power source will be for the relay trigger only and I will take power directly from the battery to operate the lights. I guess I could just jump in behind the headlights with a tester and be done with it but I thought if someone knew it would save me some time. Thanks
  • are these available for a Sorento?? Looking for the ones that fit in the factory mounting holes on front bumper cover. :confuse:
    Had "Dealer Issues" with use of non-OEM parts (threatened to void entire life of warranty with remote stater and alarm system). :mad:
    So I'm looking for something OEM ;)
  • From what I understood, the trailer hitch KIA provided was only rated to 3500 lbs. Get any aftermarket trailer hitch for the Sorento, and it's rated beyond that. The Sorento is a full framed vihicle. 5000 lbs towing is certainly within its limits