Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford F-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• eric102eric102 Posts: 122
    Actually I think Dodge is coming out with a larger version of their truck this year that should be bigger than the F series, if you need the biggest that should be the ticket.

I think you can also get a F450 with a crew cab and pickup body if you really want to take up some parking spaces at the mall.

Commute in a Porsche Boxter? That sounds painful, almost as bad as the F350.
  • dsb2695dsb2695 Posts: 7
    You are either leaving out information that you know or you do not have all the details.

You also did not say if this was a F150 or F250, but than at $43,000 for a King Ranch looks to me like it was a F150.

No way is anyone going to buy a $43,000 truck for $27,000. I KNOW!!! I’m just not allowed to post here how I know. Especially if he paid cash, because that alone cost him the $1,000 FMCC bonus.

That is the danger of these boards. Many times relevant information is not provided, and people seeking valuable information are misguided.
  • blckislandguyblckislandguy Posts: 1,150
    ""I KNOW!!! (sic) I'm just not allowed to post here how I know."

Dsb2695, do you belong to a secret society? You know where they have decoder rings and so forth? This is nutty. I have no idea what these things sell for and frankly could care less. (Afterall, the idea of a Diesel Dually sounds like a high school wet dream). But, clearly the model year is now over with and that 2005 whatever is now a year old. It doesn't take a CPA to figure out that a hungry dealer with a wierd set of options (Did I just say a Diesel Dually?) on his hands in a $60 a barrel for oil economy would want to blow the damn thing out.
  • kodervillekoderville Posts: 15
    Was wondering how much people are paying for there F 150 out the door with the Ford Family Plan???

:D
  • tx_aggietx_aggie Posts: 1
    Looking to purchase a Ford F-250 at local dealer with sticker price of 47350. Have worked with dealer to get purchase price down to 37054. It is a 2005 Ford F-250 Lariat Fx4. Does anyone think that the deal can get any better than this?

Thank you in advance for your opinion.

Jeff.
  • Just bought a 2005 f-150 regular cab XL 2WD. It is a base model with the 4.2 v6 and 5 sp. manual transmission. It has A/C and tilt steering and is green with gray interior. I got it for $12,373. I put a tow hitch on it for $250, vent visors and a bug shield for $85 and a pioneer cd player for $155 and floor mats for $10. That still puts my truck under $13,000. No frills and only a $250 a month payment.
  • ranwin33ranwin33 Posts: 10
    ASPEN GREEN CLEARCOAT
    ARIZONA BEIGE CLEARCOAT ACCENT
    5.4L EFI V8 ENGINE - $895
    P255/70RX17 OWL ALL-TERRAIN - $325
    3.55 RATIO LIMITED SLIP AXLE - $300
    ELECTRONIC SHIFT-ON-FLY - $160
    POWER SLIDING REAR WINDOW - $250
    TRAILER TOW PACKAGE - $350
    FOG LAMPS - $140
    KEYLESS ENTRY KEY PAD - $75
    DELUXE MIRROR PACKAGE - $165
    REVERSE SENSING SYSTEM - $245
    PREM CLOTH CAPTAINS CHAIRS - $300
    PWR DRIVER SEAT - $285
    LOWER TWO-TONE PAINT - $225
    TOTAL BEFORE DISCOUNTS 35,295

TOW & GO DISCOUNT STD 4
    -$1,245
    TOTAL SAVINGS -$1,245

TOTAL MSRP $34,050.00
    EMPLOYEE PRICE $28,763.30
    CASH BACK ($2,500.00)

Less $1000 in Ford College Student and Home Depot rebates put me out the door at $25,263.30 before taxes and trade.

Finance manager tried to sell me on 7.5% interest rate over 60 months. I advised him I wouldn't do that, they came down to 5.9%.

Buying experience at Extreme Ford in Overland Park was okay. They didn't mess around but some things could have gone smoother. They seemed to be trying to do a good job.
  • cbdbcbdb Posts: 2
    I'm just wondering if you ever did find a better deal. Were you able to get any discounts, or have you heard of others that did?
  • cbdbcbdb Posts: 2
    Does anyone know if there are dealers they would honor the Ford Family Price on a 2005 F250 Harley truck.
  • uga91uga91 Metro AtlantaPosts: 1,065
    Just bought a new XLT SuperCrew 2WD with the 5.4 V8 and several other options for the Family Plan price plus the rebate here in Columbus, GA on 9-12-05. Very pleased with my deal and the truck--so far! :D
  • What was the final price? I'm looking at that truck except 4wd.
    Ford Family Price less $1500 rebate. I did not get the $1000 clearance cash as I did not use Ford Motor Credit. Maybe I'm just naive, but I just used the "employee" price as a "no haggle" price like they use at Saturn. Mine stickered for about $33k and I paid almost $25k--plus taxes and fees.

You need to buy it, it's a great truck. I know other trucks are priced lower; but, they are not built as well. Ford gives you the thickest frame, heavier attachment of the bed, 4 wheel antilock vented disc brakes, a heavier suspension, and so on. After seeing the difference on the F-150 page on fordvehicles.com, I don't see why anyone would buy anything else. Good luck.
  • I had to turn this deal down. Does it sound good, it was $10k below retail (my banks loan value) at $17,800. 64k miles is the only downside of this nice truck, all in excellent mechanical and cosmetic condition, gray w/ black/gray cloth int, 18" wheels, center console/bucket seats, bed extender, many more options + carfax checks out good. Trade in on edmunds was $17,200 and dealer retail was around $24k I think.

I'm sick about not being able to get it, but I'll find another one in a few months.
  • I just picked this up Wednesday. An 05 F150 XLT 4X4 with a few options. I knew someone at the dealership who helped me negotiate. I think I did O.K.

Here's the sticker:

Price Information MSRP
    STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE $30,785
    Optional Equipment
    2005 MODEL YEAR
    BLACK CLEARCOAT
    TAN PREM CLOTH CPTNS CHRS
    PREFERRED EQUIPMENT PKG.507A
    .XLT SERIES
    5.4L EFI V8 ENGINE 895
    ELECTRONIC 4-SPD AUTO O/D
    3.55 RATIO LIMITED SLIP AXLE 300
    7200# GVWR PACKAGE
    JOB #2 ORDER
    TOW & GO STD 4
    FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET
    BLACK PLATFORM RUNNING BRDS 250
    ELECTRONIC SHIFT-ON-FLY 160
    CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS SYSTEM
    POWER MOONROOF 995
    TRAILER TOW PACKAGE 350
    PREM CLOTH CAPTAINS CHAIRS 300
    PWR DRIVER SEAT 285
    TOW & GO DISCOUNT STD 4 -1,245
    TOTAL SAVINGS ($1,245)
    TOTAL MSRP $33,870.00
    EMPLOYEE PRICE $28,615.00
    CASH BACK ($1,500.00)
    _________
    FORD FAMILY PRICE $27,115.00

After that I took advantage of the $1,000 Financing credit. Then they took off $2,800 in holdback/factory to dealer incentives.

TOTAL MSRP $33,870.00
    TOTAL PAID $23,315.00
    I learned how wonderful the reverse sensing system is on my 2 week old F-150 over the weekend. Backing out of a parking space, looked first (of course), suddenly BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP! Stopped and saw a Nissan Sentra that had started backing up from the other side. She must not have looked, becuase when she turned her head toward me, she had a real surprised look on her face. Had it not been for the system, I'm sure we would have hit. If anyone is wondering if the system is worth it or not--it is!!
  • Reverse Sensor is worth its weight in Platinum! One weekend morning at home, I started up, put it in reverse and got a continuous tone from the Reverse Sensors. I checked all my mirrors and didn't see anything. What the heck?? I had just walked behind my F350, 4x4, Crew Cab, Long Bed 15 seconds before, so I knew there was nothing behind me. Yet, that little voice in my head said "No! Don't go!!."

Got outta the truck to look and almost wet my pants! My then five-year-old son had wiped out on his scooter directly behind the truck and was now sitting on the driveway behind my bumper starting to cry because he had scraped his hands and knees. When I said "Goodbye" to him a few moments before, he had been on the sidewalk 50 ft. away. Yet there he was, on the ground behind my 6800 lb truck!! I couldn't have seen him from the cab even if I was in the back seat looking out the rear window.

This was three years ago, and I still have the occaisional "what-if" nightmares about it. I am extremely grateful I bought that option.
    Wonderful example. Thank God everything worked out!
  • jhs70jhs70 Posts: 213
    I have them on my (soon to be ex-) 250 and am a firm believer that they should be REQUIRED equipment, you know, like tires...
    I just bought a Titan and it had to have reverse sensors as well. I haven't had a close call quite like yours, but just knowing you have that extra protection is peace of mind.

The "danger" of having this though, is that when you drive vehicles without it, you have to make a mental note of that to yourself. For example, when I drive my wife's Envoy, I have to continually remind myself that it doesn't have it (that is, when I'm backing up). You CAN get conditioned with this.
  • Anyone special order a F150 4x2 ? How long did it take to build?
  • sunnesunne Posts: 3
    '04 F-150 SUPER CREW......Looked and looked at dealers.....wanted too much for my pocket..found with a private owner with only 17,000 miles....had to sale...included esp extended warranty....offered 19,500...he took it.....got a great deal....try buying from private owner....you may do better alot....better... I love my truk..!! :-)