Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford F-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Could have rode home in a brand new F-150 STX Extended Cab today for 13K had I been the owner of a Ford already. Too bad for me...guess I'll keep driving my old Nissan.
  • Yes it is a Ford incentive. It is not something a dealer can play with.
  • The salesman from the Ford Dealership called me today to let me know of some new incentives from Ford...I'm interested in seeing what they are.

Looks like all of the dealerships were moving vehicles pretty good this last weekend. I don't think we're in a recession!
  • "Looks like all of the dealerships were moving vehicles pretty good this last weekend. I don't think we're in a recession! "

"we" may not be in a recession, but the big three clearly are. Have you seen their numbers of late. BTW a recession would be defined by two consecutive quarters of negative growth. It's worse than that for Detroit.
  • Anyone here if Ford is going to bring this back on the F150, possible over the entire line-up of F150s not just the STX Sport Supercabs like before?

If they'd come up with about $5,000 more between retail rebate, loyalty, & Ford Credit, I might think about trading my '04 Ranger Edge on a STX Sport Reg. Cab.
  • jvosjvos Posts: 63
    I'm getting ready to order a 2009 F-150 SuperCrew Platinum. I was wondering if anyone had any insight on what incentives may be applied to the 2009s. I'm really hoping owner loyalty applies.

BTW, the dealer I'm working with told me he sold "a ton" of 08s in August. In fact, he only had a couple one the lot and no supercrews.
  • According to the online dealer inventories here in Central Florida there still are quite a few F150's, mainly looking at STX's (w/ Sports Pkg.), both reg and supercabs. I really don't want a supercab or else I would have jumped on the August incentive of $10,500 discount (-2000 package, -3500 retail rebate, -3000 loyalty, -2000 FMCC).

So right now you still have, on a reg cab STX Sport, $6500 off (-2000 package, -3500 retail rebate, 1000 FMCC). If Ford would bring back loyalty, maybe add some to retail and FMCC or even additional X-Plan money I might trade my '04 Ranger Edge.
  • kgabekgabe Posts: 25
    And you believe him? I would NOT. Look at the latest August inventory numbers. They, Ford, did move some more trucks than usual but at an incredible COST to them.
    YES. About 75% of sticker. Can't beat that price sir.
    Extended cab: $4K. PLUS another $2K if the truck has been sitting on dealers lot for a certain period (don't know how many months) PLUS another $1K if you finance SOME of it. It used to follow that one could take the extra $1K and pay off the loan fully after 3 months.
    Extended cab, FX4, 4X4, FLARESIDE. Sticker $39,399. Dealer would NOT tell me where this truck was located although he did say it was within 200 miles. I have the vin number. Can I locate this truck with the vin number? Does anyone know how I can do this? As for the sales price I thought at leat $6K in cash rebates PLUS another $3000 off dealers "take." Any input?
    Yes I believe him, because, as I said, there were hardly any on the lot.
  • I predict the gasoline price will go up to $7/gallon in the near future, The demand for new trucks will go to the bottom. Prepare to buy dirt cheap almost new used trucks.
  • Try googleing the entire VIN. Sometimes dealers will list the VIN on their inventory website, and google will find it for you.

You can also search deal inventory on fordvehicles.com. If you can narrow it down to a few dealers in your area, you can view their inventory. Once you find a truck that seems to be a match, you can view the window sticker online, which will show the VIN.
  • Ford is offering $7000 rebate on most trucks. I do not know whether to buy one or wait for the 2009 model. I am thinking about the 2009 because it is more efficient but not that much. May be a 2010 diesel is the wild card. One year waiting is too long.
  • Today I received from the internet department of a local dealer an offer for a new 2008 XLT CRW. The price they want is about $27500 plus tax. It is about $10,000 below the sticker price :
    Standard Equipment INCLUDED AT NO EXTRA CHARGE
    EXTERIOR
    . AUTOLAMP-AUTO ON/OFF HDLMP
    . FRONT TOW HOOKS
    . LOCKING REMOVABLE TAILGATE
    W/ LIFT ASSIST
    . REAR PRIVACY GLASS
    . 17" CHROME CLAD STEEL WHLS
    . P255/70R17 OWL A/T TIRES
    . SPARE TIRE & WHEEL LOCK
    INTERIOR
    . AIR CONDITIONING
    . AM/FM STEREO W/ SINGLE CD
    . COLOR COORD CARPET & MATS
    . COVRD VISOR VANITY MIRRORS
    . CRUISE CONTROL/TILT WHEEL
    . DOME LAMP/DUAL MAP LIGHTS
    . OUTSIDE TEMP/COMPASS DSPLY
    . TACHOMETER
    FUNCTIONAL
    . 2-SPD TRANSFER CASE
    . 4 PIN TRAILER WIRING
    . 30 GALLON FUEL TANK
    . ALTERNATOR 110 AMP
    . AUXILIARY POWER POINT
    . CARGO BOX TIE DOWN HOOKS
    . ELECT SHIFT-ON-FLY 4X4 SYS
    . FAIL-SAFE COOLING SYSTEM
    . POWER RACK PINION STEERING
    . POWER WNDOWS/LOCKS/MIRRORS
    . STABILIZER BAR, FRONT
    SAFETY/SECURITY
    . 4-WHEEL DISC BRAKES W/ABS
    . AIR BAGS, DRIV/FRONT PASS
    . REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY
    . SECURILOCK

Price Information MSRP
    STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE $33,020

Optional Equipment
    2008 MODEL YEAR
    BLACK CLEARCOAT
    SILVER CLEARCOAT MET ACCENT
    MED/DARK FLINT PREM CLOTH
    PREFERRED EQUIPMENT PKG.507A
    .XLT SERIES
    5.4L FFV V8 ENGINE 895
    ELECTRONIC 4-SPD AUTO O/D
    3.55 RATIO LIMITED SLIP AXLE 300
    7200# GVWR PACKAGE
    JOB #2 ORDER
    PACKAGE DISCOUNT
    FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET
    POWER ADJUSTABLE PEDALS 120
    SLIDING REAR WINDOW 125
    TRAILER TOW PACKAGE 350
    REVERSE CAMERA 450
    .ELEC RR VIEW MIRROR W/DISPLAY
    XLT CHROME PACKAGE 1,420
    .P275/65RX18 OWL ALL-TERRAIN
    .CHROME STEP BAR
    .18" CHROME CLAD WHEELS
    PWR DRIVER SEAT 285
    SAT RADIO W/6 MOS SERVICE 195
    LOWER TWO-TONE PAINT 250
    TOTAL BEFORE DISCOUNTS 38,335

PACKAGE DISCOUNT -1,000
    TOTAL SAVINGS -1,000

TOTAL MSRP $37,335
  • With the new incentives, just got an STX Reg. Cab, MSRP $26,115, -2,000 Pkg Discount, -1,663 X-Plan, -6,000 Rebate, -500 FMCC Rebate = $15,952.

Ford sweetened the rebates by $2,000.

Traded my '04 Ranger Edge!
  • Is it a 4X4? With the sports package or not? It makes a big difference in the price.
  • :confuse:

Could anyone tell me if there is any loyalty money available now? Looking to purchase a new F150 Super Crew and already have a 05 explorer.

Thanks

Joseph
  • May be in the future. The $7000 rebate on the 2008 model is for every buyer. I do not expect Ford will give insentives on the 2009 model for at least 2-4 months. However, I expect that every auto manufacturer will give high insentives later this year because of the high decline in economy and buying power. This is a very serious issue for all auto manufacturer domestic as well as foreign. The old good days are finished for them for the next 2-3 years. Ford needs cash and as long as the gas price is high there will be low demand for trucks.
    Last week, when I was in ordering my 09 F-150 SuperCrew 4x4 Platinum, I was asking the dealer if he was able to continue to sell trucks. He had a very interesting answer. He pointed out that tradesmen - painters, construction workers, etc - continue to buy trucks just as they always have. According to him, that makes up 70-75% of the truck buying population. But, he said the suburban business man who just likes trucks is who is being affected by gas price and the economy.

So, I think Ford and others will ALWAYS sell trucks. They just aren't going to be able to sell at the volumes they have for the past several years.
  • If Ford cannot sell at the same volume it used to sell, then it must reduce production. This mean low profit and high prices. The companies that must purchase such trucks must pay a high price even for regular stripped cab. Ford on the other hand will lose because they won't be able to sell a King Ranch for example at same price they are selling when the production is high, oil is cheap, and the economy is booming. I see many auto companies going out of business if they don't change the way they do business now and I afraid it may be too late. This is not a recession, it is more than that. It is also global which make it more difficult to control in the near future. I believe Ford is doing very well but it is too late. A smart stategy should have been adopted a decade earlier. I had a feeling of something going wrong before at least 4 years. BTW, the auto market will suffer a big blow during the next few months.
  • The Reg. Cab STX I bought was a 4X2, had the sport package (that was why I got the $2000 package discount). Looks like those same incentives are still there.

I love the F-150 over the Ranger I had, except for the 3 mpg drop in gas mileage...
  • Just purchased an '08 Lariat with Chrome package, Audiophile sound system, Captain's chairs. MSRP $36,500 and Price Paid $26,300. Did everything through the internet sales department. After this experience, I don't think I'll ever walk into a dealership again to negotiate.
  • craigmricraigmri Posts: 243
    Thinking about buying a base XL regular bed(6'?) V6 5-speed air conditioning. MSRP will be something between $19,000 and $20,000. What are the lowest of low prices going on these?

Thanks in advance.

Craig
  • pam6pam6 Posts: 2
    Got a pretty decent deal on a XL V6 Automatic, AC, with 8 ft. bed ... it worked out like this - $14, 500 (got the $6000 rebate!)
  • I am looking to purchase a very similar car. Can you please give additional details on the deal etc. Please let me know if this is easier over personal email.
    thanks in advance.
  • trades men will always need a truck.
    the question is 'are they buying trucks'

the short answer is 'No'.

People in the trades are feeling the slowdown as much as anyone out there.
    When you have a fleet of trucks sitting idle you start getting rid of them.

There are alot of used trucks for sale.
    Car salesmen are trained like dogs to always make it out like their cars are selling well and you better commit now because they won't last long. It's the oldest trick in the book and is even used in the worst of time - unbelievable really.
  • I know it's a reach but... bought a boat and need a tow vehicle. After looking at used 4Runners and the like I see I can get into a truck for the same price and still get better mpg day-to-day. I'd have to trade an 07 Mazda car, does anyone know if that's eligible for loyalty???
  • 2008 XLT Super Crew with the long bed. Dealer said they had extra incentives to clear out the long beds (6.5) over the short beds (5.5). It was a base XLT with $100 rims (didn't have a choice on those). Sticker was $31,500. Paid $18,998. Dealer also discounted after-market leather. Total out-the-door was $21,500 for truck, leather, and tt&l. They have two more on the lot at that price (or maybe cheaper now). I purchased November 1st with offer carried over from end-of-October deal. Online the incentives from October just carried over until November 18th but the "special incentives" dealers have might have changed.