Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford F-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• In SoCal I see ads for FX4 supercrews for about what you paid. Its a good price, and a lot of truck for the $. If I was in the market for a pickup, I'd find it hard to justify spending $10-15k more for one of those new silverados.
  • Hey, soap, I live in Houston, and I would love help from you in buying. You are a true wizard at getting a good deal. Any help that you could give would be greatly appreciated.
  • soapsoap Posts: 17
    I don't know about a true wizard. Your going to get your best deal on a 2006 model if you can find one with the options you want. Dealers will be looking to move these off the lots. I spend my week searching online at all the local dealers in my area for trucks that I want. Then Sunday when they are closed I go scout out all the dealerships and see which trucks are truly still on the lots. Once you know the truck is there go to www.nada.com and configure that exact truck with options to find your invoice price. That is usually the target you are going for. However, if they have current dealer discounts and rebates going on you want to figure those into your price. Basically have a realistic number that you want to pay when you walk in and don't budge. Don't be cocky or anything just let them know you are ready to buy right now for this price etc... I hope this helps you in your quest for a new vehicle.
  • Just bought a new 2007 F-150 XLT 4X4 Supercrew.

Options...
    5.4 L engine
    Towing package
    Adjustable pedals
    Black platform running boards
    Electronic shift on the fly
    sliding rear window
    Fog lamps
    Keyless entry
    35.7 gal fuel tank
    Prem cloth captains chairs
    Sat radio (6-months)

MSRP: $33,340
    Price Paid before tax + trade-in: $26,661
    Dealer: Scarsdale Ford, Scarsdale, NY)

Price paid included $3000 factory rebate and additional $1000 invitational rebate direct from Ford Motor Co. The Ford invitation to take an additional $1000 off the best deal I could arrange came in the mail to my home. It seems to have been precipitated by my exploration of F-150's at Ford.com and may also reflect that I was a current Ford owner (Taurus) before purchasing the truck. Hope this is helpful.
  • CORRECTION: that was a new 2007 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 Supercab, not Supecrew.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,020
    A local U.S. newspaper is looking to interview buyers who recently purchased a half-ton truck and understand what factors you considered before making your purchase. If you are interested in being interviewed, please send an email to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Tuesday, February 6, 2007 containing your daytime contact information.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• I also live in Phx Az. What dealership was that, that you dealt with? I have found Sanderson Ford so far to be the best in beating there competition on various models.
  • Washgington State:
    I bought a new 2006 4x4 Extended Cab F-150 for $23,900 a few days after Christmas on the X-plan.

5.4L V8, Tow Pkg, Sliding Rear Window, 6 Disc/MP3, adjustable pedals.

I am happy with it. But I did have the wobble that everyone is talking about. Took it back to the dealer after 750 miles to balance the tire, and they said they couldn't balance them they were so bad. So they got me 4 new ones and no problems since. They are the "General Ameritrac" tires.
  • tcopetcope Posts: 1
    Wondering if this was in "okay" price. I know it's not a great deal. I don't mind if told it was not a good deal:

2006 F150 FX with 9,700 miles (used)
    5.4 flex Fuel Engine
    20" Aluminum Wheels
    3.73 limited slip axle
    Towing package
    Audiophile package
    6-disc CD changer
    Chrome Step bar
    Power sliding rear window
    Overhead Rail Bin
    FX4 Luxury Package
    Power Pedals
    Heated side mirrors
    A\Electronic temp controls
    Heated and powered drivers and pass seats
    Leather trim captains chairs

Basically I paid $28,627 but I traded in a vehicle that was worth $800-$1000 (not including the fact that it leaked water from the radiator into the engine and water needed to be added every other day) and they "gave" me $2000. So I would say I paid about $27,627 for the truck.

Sticker Price when new: $39,865.00

Edmonds Listing (as "clean" but truck was _perfect_)
    Dealer Trade in: $27,397
    Dealer Retail: $32,084
  • parkyparky Posts: 20
    I dont think that's a bad deal. I paid $25K for an 05 w/ 10K miles. Were heated seats an option in 06, not avail in 05. The only option I did not get were the power pedals. However, in addition my truck had power moon roof and backup sensors.

Also, purch from a private owner, and saved on the conveyance fee $120-$350.

Enjoy your truck!! Hopefully, you dont have to fill up the tank that much. Oh, use cruise control as much as possible, for some fuel savings. I have varied 1/2 hwy 1/2 rual at 13-15.5 in New England.
    I don't know man, I have a post somewhere in this thread I believe on what I paid. I bought a 2006 FX4 Screw on Jan 1st. sticker was something like $38,500 or so and I paid $26,500 before TT&L with no trade-in. This was a brand new vehicle with 12miles on the odometer.
  • tammym71tammym71 Posts: 1
    I have 2006 f 150 supercrew GTR. I love my truck but I cant keep it. when I got it I traded in a 2mth old dodge durango I paid cash for 33,000 they gave me 25,000 trade in I put another 5,000 down got the gap extra wrnty. my payments are 425.00 a month I cant pay that anymore so I go to trade my truck in, granted I owe 24,000 still om my truck they only wanted to give me 21,000 then they said well we will give u 24,000 what I owe so in other words, I can just give them my truck and get nothing out of it. Am I going to be able to trade it in anywhere? Exlt condition 5950mls -I think Im going to get Screwed out of everything. The Gtr pckge was 10,000 and the truck was 35,000 and I cant believe they offered me the 24,000 only I dont know what to do
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,623
    If you can't make the payment, you don't have many choices... As you found out from your Durango, trading newer cars is expensive...

If the dealer will give you enough to pay off your loan, you should probably take it.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

$10,000 for a GTR package? What was that rims and a body kit for 10K? Ouch!! Your best bet is to sell privately. Forget about trading that in.
  • aspesisteveaspesisteve Posts: 833
    sorry to say it, but you're learning the hard way.

You're a salesman's dream :shades:

But you've come to the right place (Edmunds) to learn what to avoid in the future.

good luck.
  • eclaixpeclaixp Posts: 46
    Hi,

I am considering purchasing a 04 F-150 SuperCab FX4 with 41000 miles from a private seller. The seller might be willing to let it go for $17000. Is this a good deal? It's supposed to be in great cosmetic and mechanical condition. It has leather seats, 6 CD changer, Spray in Bed Liner, Tow Hitch, and don't know what else. Are there any known issues for this year and type of truck? Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
  • aspesisteveaspesisteve Posts: 833
    issues with the '04 FX F150?

oh yea

you will find allot of compaints in the 'problem' forum for the 4x4 version of the F150 2004 and newer. Best to make sure there is no vibration coming from the rear of the truck/transmision.
  • I'm looking at a 1995 Ford F250 Styleside XL H/D SuperCab 4x4, with the 460v8. It has 114,000 miles and they're asking $5,800. Is this a good deal? It looks to be right a blue-book, but what kind of problems can I expect to find on this truck with this many miles? Any other user experiences with a similar truck? Thanks!
  • joel0622joel0622 Posts: 3,302
    Soap what part of Idaho are you in? I was born and raised in the Pan Handle.

The biggest problem you will have with a F250 4X4 with a 460 in it is getting by many gas stations. :D
    Not sure what post you read, but I live in Houston, Texas not Idaho. And I have the F-150 not F250 with a 5.4L V8. I'm actually thinking about trading it in today on a car due to gas mileage.