Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford F-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Does anyone know of any dealers other than Carmax that publishes a no haggle price online? Thanks!
  • I purchased a 2003 F150 SuperCab in Houston from Mac Haik for $21283 which includes TT&L. MSRP of vehicle was $28550. Final price includes $2500 regular rebate plus $2000 Ford financing rebate. I can pay off the loan after 90 days so an extra $2000 rebate is more than worth 90 days of interest. Mac Haik was a good dealership to buy from. No dealer add-ons as another local dealer had who added $2400 to each F150 with worthless dealer add-ons.
  • I guess they are really dropping the prices in order to make room for the 04's. Why not get an 04 at this point? Unless of course you were looking to save some $$$
  • i am considering buying a used f350 flat bed 1985 utility truck.
    nada doesn't list for condition of truck.
    kelley lists it as fair condition.
    edmunds list it as rough condition.
    the asking price is 3,500.00 i feel this is too high according to the guide books. it is a nice truck. however it needs all new tires. new exhaust and rag gear is going bad. i haven't test drove it yet nor have i made any commitment to it yet . what do y'all think. i am getting this truck to haul water and horses with maybe haul hay as well. i do want it to be right for my horses sake. my boy friend is a certified ford mechanic so repairs never cost me what it does most folks. do you think this is worth it for the price?
    edmunds says 1,500.00 in its current condition.
    kelley says 2,305.00, nada says near 3,500.00 with no condition listed for price. which one do i believe? i think the asking price is too high . 3,500 i would think would list it in good condition not fair to rough. it does not have any fancy options on it either. some feed back could help me alot.

sweedpd2
  • jeffjeff Posts: 2
    can anyone please tell me where to find the ford bed that looks stock but has doors on the sides of it?thanks i have checked over the net but can not find it and i have passed them on the road. thanks
  • wpalkowskiwpalkowski Posts: 493
    Jeff are you looking for something like this?

http://www.800toolbox.com/rvtow-1/rvtow.htm

or something more toned down the looks like it came from the factory that way?

Look in you local Yellow Pages under "Truck Bodies and Equipment"
  • jeffjeff Posts: 2
    thanks wpalkowski,but i am looking for amore stock looking bed. i know they are out there because i have seen them i just cannt find a website for them
  • aspesisteveaspesisteve Posts: 833
    all F150 2004 supercabs as advertised by Peninsula Ford (Menlo Park, CA)
  • Hi, I doing some research on a used 2000 F-150 XL Stepside Truck in my area,( Woodridge ILL) its a reg cab 4x2 short bed with the 5.4 eng. and it looks to be fully loaded from the research i've done. My questions are how is this truck when pulling a 2300lb boat and the dealer is asking 13,900 for the truck do you think it be possible to get this truck for 11,000 to 11,500.

Thanks
    Jason
  • yhcyhc Posts: 6
    Greetings,

I am currently in the market for a new F-250 Crew cab, Lariat. Could anyone share their buying experiences and final price, before tax and license fee? There is one truck that I have looked at that has diesel engine, automatic 5-spd transmission, 3.73 Limited Slip, with many extras such as stereo w/ 6 CD, moonroof, heated seats, reverse veh aid sensor, etc. The invoice price for the vehicle is $40,000 before rebates (MSRP $43,600), etc. and the dealer is offering it at $37,000. Has anyone found a better deal?

Also please share your thoughts on pros/cons of diesel vs. gas engine. Thank you so much for your time in advance.

Regards,

YHC
  • rcheck1rcheck1 Posts: 1
    Mathematically, does it seem to you like a "better deal" is avilable? I mean, there isn't 6 grand worth of markup in an F-250, especially a run-of-the-mill Lariat like the one you describe. If the invoice price is indeed "40 grand," how exactly do you think they manage to stay in business if the can realistically sell an F-250 for 3,000 under invoice that? Are you a Ford employee? If not, you better start to rethink this deal they gave you. Because it isn't mathematically real, not if they intend on staying in business for any length of time.

I believe you are seeing the lure-you-in price. Ya know, the one that gets you in the door but changes quicker than Madonna on mescaline. But something tells me you'll still call 5 other dealerships to get them to sell you the truck for like 35 or 36k (right!) and you won't believe them when you hear what they REALLY sell for and you'll end up at the place that quoted you 37 grand for a 44k truck. But once they start revealing the way those numbers unfold, you'll wonder how you fell for it all.
  • hiebshiebs Posts: 1
    as someone that can receive the ford employee price I can tell you there is a huge mark-up on both cars and trucks. I just purchased an f150 super crew lariat in Aug of '03..sticker was 39,850....my price before incentives was 32,900....which they took another 3000 off in incentives. Also dealerships will put huge discount on last years models to get them out of their inventory.... the ford dealership near me has an '03 explorer stickered at 32,000 selling for 21,500 because it is the last '03 that they have. there are alot of good deals to be had ...you just need to look around!!!
  • yhcyhc Posts: 6
    Thank you for your responses, "rcheck1" and "hiebs". I am just returning from the dealership after purchasing aforementioned vehicle in message #32 for $35,838--after rebate, before tax, etc. I did not run into any problems with gimmicks or hidden prices. I will have to agree w/ "hiebs" above that there are good deals to be had.

Regards,

YHC
  • glenglen Posts: 17
    I bought a f250 Crew Cab XLT 4X4 LB Diesel Auto last week.

Paid 38,569 +TX,LIC,Doc,Tire,life Oil Changes minus rebate. This was invoice price.

Is this the norm?
  • SEVENPINSEVENPIN Posts: 10
    I'm thinking of buying a 2004 Ford F 150 Heritage 4x4 truck new from the dealer. It has 6 cylinders, LB, auto, A/C, CC, Tilt, and SRW. A dealer gave me a price of $18,100 includes taxes, destination charge and all rebates. Would this be a reasonable price?

You're response is appreciated
                   Sevenpin
  • forddoodforddood Posts: 1
    Purchased from Carl Gregory Ford Lincoln-Mercury in Auburn, AL. The same exact truck I'm driving now was originally located at Freeway Ford in Columbus, GA. I saw it there on a Sunday when they were closed, the following Monday I showed up to ask about it, then that following weekend I came back down with a co-signer and they told me the truck was sold. I went to Carl Gregory in Auburn who checked Freeway's inventory online and found the exact same truck I have now. They did a dealer transfer and I bought it from them.

Sticker was $32,655, invoice was approx. $28K, I got D-plan pricing which is like 2-3% below invoice, plus a $2000 rebate, plus $8000 on my car which was kinda negated by the payoff on it.

-Quintin
    on ALL new 2004 F150 supercab 4x2 & 4x4's

this is the add run last Sunday in the paper from Sunnyvale Ford.

it was just one month ago I read $5,000 off MSRP (read post #30).

don't limit what you think can be negotiated when you see adds runing like this.
    anyone out there?

so I call the dealer (fleet sales guy) to talk price and he goes on about all these incentives that are very convaluted and add up to $3,500 off MSRP. I tell him his dealership ran an add last weekend for ALL F150's at $7,000 off MSRP.

He's just rambled and mumbled how he wasn't sure how that could be and it was probably just to see if they would get a one time response and it might require certain financing or no financing..... unbelieveble this guy could pretend to have no clue what his dealership is advertising - and how it's probably expired.

Low and behold, today's paper is running the exact same add of $7,000 of MSRP on all F150 super cabs - there's another dealer matching that too.

There's no friggin way I would give such a [non-permissible content removed] sales person my business who can't even acknowledge his own dealership advertising.
  • jhs70jhs70 Posts: 213
    Boy are you ever correct! Do NOT be mislead by those splashy adds that promise huge markdowns from the MSRP. You have to read the fine print (hint -- use an electron microscope) to find out what applies and what doesn't, and usually there are one or two people in your community who will qualify for all of them. And isn't it funny how the font size decreases dramatically the further down the ad you go, where 'the good stuff' is?
    the '04 Nissan Ttan XE King Cab is selling for $19,888 at a local dealer. This truck competes favorably with the F150 and will no doubt put pressure on Ford to keep up with incentives. Plus the XE King Cab comes with some standard features that Ford doesn't offer on it's base model F150.

I'll use the Nissan to negotiate with Ford. If they can't at least offer what the advertise, I'll get the Titan. If Nissan does the same thing I'm going to take the bus.