Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford F-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• riserriser Posts: 10
    One reason is that 20- 22" aluminum wheels are subject to more damage offroad. I'm not speaking of climbing mountains; just wandering a little offroad or down real bumpy roads. The bigger wheel (because it's aluminum), in my opinion, appears easier to damage. My driving includes many rough W. Tex roads, no mountains, but lots of creeks and ravines. Not playing or mudding, but working or hunting.

I wanted the plush Ford Platinim but ended with Toyota's Tundra Luchese and four wheel drive. BTW, it comes with 18" steel wheels.
  • riserriser Posts: 10
    You were close to being right. I apologize for the attempt at making specious claims and for the smart mouth remark in my earlier reply. I was just really frustrated with the whole process, as I always get when trying to buy a vehicle. I don't like any part of the dealing with salespeople. And then it really distrubed me when I drove that Platinum truck home to show my wife and the fold down seat in back broke and wouldn't fall back down. Then the whole tire/nitrogen and no gas cap thing kept bothering me, too. I finally went with a Toyota Luchese, paid more for it, but the entire sales process was absolutely painless, the salesman was polite, didn't lie about anything, and everything on the truck still works! So if I'm making a claim here, it's one I'm not ashamed of making, believe me.
  • bought a2008 lariat f-350 with14000 miles this was a good deal,i think paid 31000.00 with full of extra's,dvd moon roof, nav,power windows etc......... love this truck!!!!
  • jvosjvos Posts: 61
    riser -

Enjoy your tundra. While you worry about things like tire size, nitrogen and gas caps you settled for a 'truck' that isn't even a fully boxed frame. The tundra has a good motor, but when you look at true truck comparisons - pickuptrucks.com, popular mechanics, etc - the tundra typically finishes 5th while the f150 always finishes 1st. My Platinum is the sixth truck I've owned and having just passed 9,000 miles, I can also tell you its the best. But I have different criteria.

One thing about the Japanese vehicles - they only offer a few versions. With the F-150 there are something like 100,000 possible configurations - so it can be confusing. It sounds like that was ultimately a key to your decision.
  • rjr2565rjr2565 Posts: 27
    I'm in the market for a new truck and have narrowed it down to 09 Ford Super Crew 4WD 5.5 Bed XLT and tow package. This one has the 4.6L 3V engine. The List is $35,785. What kind of price should I be looking for. The other question I have is what kind of gas mileage for highway driving could I expect from the 4.6L or the 5.4L.
    Thanks for any info you could give me
    RJR2565
  • I just picked it up at Syosset Ford in NY , Silver with black leather interior, 20 inch pirelli scorpions, 6 cd, sync, chrome running boards. I love it . Rides like a car.
    ( I'am use to F250'S) .

41,490 msrp. less 750.00 Sync & Captains chair credit, Sell price was 37,145. less the 2500 from Ford. + TTR .

They gave me 15,000. for my 2005 F250 ,it was in good condition, the interior was a little rough , but those cloth seats are hard to keep clean.
  • aggie76aggie76 Posts: 265
    I have an '09 King Ranch and just did a long trip and averaged 18.1 mpg on highway over 400 miles at an average of 68 mph per the trip computer with the 5.4L engine. Only 1,000 miles on the truck so hope to see a bit more once engine gets broken in. But of course, I didn't buy it for the mpg and neither should anyone else.
  • Hi, I'm interested in this truck: http://tiny.cc/qwf8A

This dealer is a credit union who keeps the nice vehicles that get returned from a lease. In some cases the vehicles have been leased twice...

My question is, what should I offer them for it? Here is my rationale.

1. the truck has likely been paid for once by the guy who was "fleased" by the lease

2. These vehicles will eventually be sold at auction if the credit union does not sell them

3. These trucks have been depreciated... this one by 5 years...

So, what should I offer? What would a truck like this fetch at an auction in Michigan? Do I have any leverage with the bank if I ask them to look at the books and see just what they need to get for it to pay off the residual value?

I am looking for some help. I need a truck, dont want to buy new, but want some negotiating power wiht the bank who owns it..

Please reply especially those with this kind of experieince either negotitating to buy or on the banking side of the sales business..

THANKS
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,643
    Hi... I replied to this post in the Lease Questions forum, but to add something...

If you are interested in the auction value of the vehicle, post a description in
    Real-World Trade-In Values

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• The current 2009 f-150 incentives expire on 10/05. Does Ford normally run better incentives on the current model year as the end of the year gets closer?
  • jguzjguz Posts: 2
    In short I got a 2009 Lariat Supercrew Shortbed, two tone, captain chairs, navi, sony, running boards, etc...
    Sticker MSRP=$45300
    Edmunds Inv = $39500
    Price Paid = $34200 (includes ford -$4500)

I think I good deal, but trying to make my buyers remorse feel better. I get the truck on Thursday. I know I will feel better then : )
  • too bad you didn't buy a GM.. they'll let you return it after 30 days...

"If you live for having it all, what you have is never enough; “enough” is like the horizon − always receding. "

if you can afford the truck great, but if you can't you'll soon find that keeping up with neighbors and friends will make you broke like they are. Good luck. it's a helluva commitment if you didnt put a lot down...
  • Here is a good quote I read today"

You drive the car, the $40,000 car around the corner, and park it and instantly the thrill goes away. You find it’s a waste of money. And no matter how big your house is, you can only sit your [non-permissible content removed] in one seat at a time."

just trying to help you back out of the deal before you make a mistake, that's all. :cry:
  • jguzjguz Posts: 2
    By me saying "buyers remorse" I think I left that open to interpretation. I am a person that runs numbers forwards, backwards, and upside down. In the end I got a price that was invoice - all ford incentives. So if my homework serves me as it should, the dealers profit was the holdback. I just have not found a real good website to compare deals too. I guess that is what Edmunds TMV is for and I got it for $1K under that. I was just looking for comfirmation that it was a good or so so deal or I got ripped a new one : )

I have very good well thought out reasons for everything that came on the truck. I am getting $6K for a 2002 dodge ram that is falling apart. It is not a matter of affording it either, but I don't have nice vehicles just because I carelessly throw my money around.

Just got 3.69% financing so it just keeps getting better.

Thanks for the look outs.
  • I bought my F150 almost 2 years ago and still subscribe to this board. I love mine, it's a tricked out Harley Davidson with the factory Saleen Supercharger, black on black, all options. Every time I get in it I smile, and I paid just about 40K for a 48K MSRP. I had been wanting one since I stepped onto the showroom floor in 2002 and saw one. I couldn't afford it then, but since then life has been good to me.

The Honda Odyssey board (my wife's car) is very very active, I wish the F150 board was like this. They have 8-10 posts a day with people buying cars. I would say that I've found the TMV on this site to be off at least a few thousand bucks, but I think the invoice pricing is a pretty accurate figure. Congrats and good luck with your truck!

Tampa2
  • Purchased from Capistrano Ford on 12/07/09
    San Juan Capistrano, CA
    Excellent experience!
    Ford F-150 XLT
    Super Crew
    4.6L
    Convenience package
    Drivers Package
    Tow Package
    Differential
    Sync
    Satellite radio

$29,972 before rebates and trade
    MSRP $34,149
  • ibdmanibdman Posts: 1
    Purchased 12/31/09.
    4x4, Navi, moon roof, chrome pkg, lariat plus pkg, trail brake, tail gate step, 20in chrome wheels, & Leather

MSRP-$47,255
    Price Paid-$36,900+TTL
  • flugelflugel Posts: 34
    Can anybody give me details where I can purchase below invoice ($4-500 or more) and waive dealer processing or documentation fee for a somewhat loaded FX4 or lariat with Nav and leather and captains chairs and Sirius radio, heated front seats and towpackage and sunroof with 5.4 4 wheel drive ?

Approx $43,000 - $45,000 MSRP. there is currently approx $2500 rebate for non-lease customers till April.

One concern is the gas mileage...with gas going up and the tank holding approx 35 gallons......I average 24,000 miles per year.

Any leads will be appreciated....my e-mail is: kr5flute@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Steve of Fairfax, VA
  • flugelflugel Posts: 34
    What dealer in what state and what was your MSRP and how much in rebates ?

do you know what was the anount below invoice (excluding ford rebates and incentives) that you got the car for ?

Steve
  • I am looking for a nearly identical vehicle so would be interested in the same information.

A local dealer has a 2010 Lariat listed, 4x4 with 5,000 miles, navi, leather, captains chairs, $36,900 with $9,300 in 'rebates'.

I'd be interested in costs for a truly new vehicle. Thanks.