Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford F-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Anyone bought a basic regular cab 4X4 lately? What's a good price?-- I am looking to purchase, not lease.
  • dlcleavksdlcleavks Posts: 20
    Just purchased an '06 F150 Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Black/Black for 41,905. Does not have sunroof or entertainment pkg but does have 20" rims and tires.
  • mugratmugrat Posts: 2
    MSRP with options 42,410.00 dealer offered 38,359.00 (deduct 1,000.00 rebate) 37,359.00 We're going with the 0% finance for 60 months. I'm guessing we can do alot better.....
    Anyone purchase recently and got a good deal?

Thanks.
  • mugratmugrat Posts: 2
    We ended up getting a New 2006 King Ranch 4x4 MSRP $44,000 (This includes 850 destination charge) For $36,000 which includes the 1,000.00 off and the 0% financing.(They even threw in the Lojack alarm) All options except sliding rear window, chrome step and Audiophile. I feel like we got a good deal. What do you all think?

PS We went with the Dark Grey Stone/Beige color.
  • I just bought a 2006 ford 350 dually king ranch with a sticker of $52,500 and I got it for $47,000 out the door with all the taxes, tag and all the other BS. I think I got a pretty good deal what do you guys think?
  • since i don't know what your tax basis is, how can I tell what you really paid the dealer?
  • klaussklauss Posts: 4
    Got home with a f350 KR and my fiancee put the foot down and made me take back. The only way out was to get an f150. Got screwed because negotiating power was all gone. Dealer even had a mark up on the MSRP before applying the ford discounts. Gave me more for trade in, but I got had. I should have kept the f350 for the extra $8000. Just my luck. I bet I paid $5,000 more for the f150 than most would take out the door.
  • jvigil88jvigil88 Posts: 21
    Looking at purchasing a 1998 Ford F-150 V8 short bed with 180,000 miles and shell. It has leather and a 6 disk changer.

Asking is $3000.

Problems: Heater wont work, cracked windshield

Do you think this is a good price? Are they any problems with this year? I am worried about the mileage, I have never bought something with that many on it before.

Any help would be great!!!
  • The Houston dealers have been advertising $12,000 off MSRP in the papers. The dealers in my area (Beaumont) won't touch that. Is anybody going to a dealer and buying a truck for $12,000 off MSRP right now? Is it worth my time to drive over there? Or, are you getting the run around when you respond to an ad like that?
  • jhs70jhs70 Posts: 213
    If $12k off msrp is "real", read the fine print for what that number includes and excludes. For example, it may include every rebate known to mankind, such as rebates for military, recent college grad, FoMoCo financing, being left handed and grey haired, etc,; some of which you won't qualify for. Freight may be additional. So when you start adding this stuff back in, $12000 off MSRP is really $10,000 (or less) off MRSP. I don't know whether I can get $10k off MSRP around here these days, but, yeah, I've seen it in the paper in recent years around this time. Bottom line, always read the fine print.
  • i'm looking for a new or recently used f150's and having a hard time getting accurate pricing..was shown $6500 off including rebate on a new fx4, have seen $8500 off a new king ranch on ebay...but i have no idea where these trade and think those numbers aren't close to the mark. i'm seeing a few really, really good used prices, just not yet in my area.
  • thought it is a reasonable deal. first, the truck is absolutely as new, not a ding or scratch anywhere...loaded f150 fx4, 7500 miles, leather, rear sensors, leather cap's chairs, upgraded audio, factory bedliner, tow pkg, power rear window and pedals...everything but sunroof. original sticker was $40k+, paid $26k...i had tracked down an almost indentical truck (lariat version) and the price was about the same, but the seller was a flake and i bought this instead from a really nice couple who just had a child. i couldn't get anywhere on a new one with my local dealers, no sense of needing to sell inventory.
  • gmhellmangmhellman Posts: 121
    The dealer in a town about 1 hour from me has 2006 Extended Cab 4x4 pickups for 21,740.00 These have never been driven or sold. Is this really how bad the times have gotten for Ford? The original sticket was for 31,800. I am seriously considering trading my car in for one of these pickups. Let me know the prices that you are hearing from your dealers.
  • Are they XLTs? If so, that is a good price. I have seen a few crew cab 4x4 ads for just under $25k, and supercabs 4x4 xlt for just under $24k, but never under $22k. Agaian, if the ones you are seeing are XLT models, and particularly if the have the bigger v-8 and a tow package, that would be the best price I have seen.
  • There are two Ford dealers in my area of Southern Oregon. I had purchased 3 trucks from one of them over the last 8 years and wanted to buy another one. They found a truck I was interested in, a 2006 F150 Supercrew 4x4, loaded. MSRP was aprox. $42,000. Dealer invoice on Edmunds was aprox. $37,000. I offered $500 over dealer invoice minus the $4500 rebate. Plus I had a 2002 Supercrew I wanted to trade in for $14,000. Dealer wouldn't budge off of the MSRP.

So I went to the other dealer. They located the exact same truck. I made the exact same offer and they accepted it. Plus I had received a $750 coupon which was added to the $4500 rebate. The sales price was just over $32,000. Almost $10,000 off MSRP. Needless to say I'm a satisfied buyer.
  • parkyparky Posts: 20
    Just purchased 12/2/06 a super clean 05 F150 FX4 Super cab, 9300 miles, blk leather interior, grey ext, rear sensors, leather cap's chairs, pwr driver seat, upgraded audio 6cd chgr, rhino bedliner, tow pkg, rear defroster, sunroof, running boards, 18" wheels for $24,500 from private seller.
  • I found this board useful, thanks.

I spent a boat load of time researching as this the first new car I have purchased.

There is no need to purchase the consumer reports new car buying guide, edmunds offers the same information for free... my mistake.

I purchased a new 2006 4x4 f-150 lariat super cab:
    MSRP approx. 39,500
    Invoice approx. 35,350
    Sale Price 29,450

$100 over invoice after rebates. I could not get them any lower on the "relation to invoice" price and they were unwilling to dip into the dealer hold back.

** Make sure to check the regional manufacturer to dealer rebates, they held out on that one until I indicated I knew about it **

I had negotiated in AZ to invoice price , half of the dealer hold back plus rebates on a XLT Super Crew.

As far as competition, I had a tough choice between the Ford and the Titan... definitely worth a test drive.
  • soapsoap Posts: 17
    Just purchased a new 2006 F-150. See below for the details. I hope this helps the shoppers...

2006 F-150 4X4 Supercrew
    FX4 139" Wheelbase styleside
    5.4L FFV V8 Engine

MSRP: $38,675.00

After X-Plan pricing and negotiating on the rebates and discounts I got down to the final sale price of $26,500 before TT&L
  • cmms1cmms1 Posts: 14
    Soap, what dealer did you purchase this from?
    Southern Ford right outside of Houston. Let me know if you need any othe information...
  • In SoCal I see ads for FX4 supercrews for about what you paid. Its a good price, and a lot of truck for the $. If I was in the market for a pickup, I'd find it hard to justify spending $10-15k more for one of those new silverados.
  • Hey, soap, I live in Houston, and I would love help from you in buying. You are a true wizard at getting a good deal. Any help that you could give would be greatly appreciated.
    I don't know about a true wizard. Your going to get your best deal on a 2006 model if you can find one with the options you want. Dealers will be looking to move these off the lots. I spend my week searching online at all the local dealers in my area for trucks that I want. Then Sunday when they are closed I go scout out all the dealerships and see which trucks are truly still on the lots. Once you know the truck is there go to www.nada.com and configure that exact truck with options to find your invoice price. That is usually the target you are going for. However, if they have current dealer discounts and rebates going on you want to figure those into your price. Basically have a realistic number that you want to pay when you walk in and don't budge. Don't be cocky or anything just let them know you are ready to buy right now for this price etc... I hope this helps you in your quest for a new vehicle.
  • Just bought a new 2007 F-150 XLT 4X4 Supercrew.

Options...
    5.4 L engine
    Towing package
    Adjustable pedals
    Black platform running boards
    Electronic shift on the fly
    sliding rear window
    Fog lamps
    Keyless entry
    35.7 gal fuel tank
    Prem cloth captains chairs
    Sat radio (6-months)

MSRP: $33,340
    Price Paid before tax + trade-in: $26,661
    Dealer: Scarsdale Ford, Scarsdale, NY)

Price paid included $3000 factory rebate and additional $1000 invitational rebate direct from Ford Motor Co. The Ford invitation to take an additional $1000 off the best deal I could arrange came in the mail to my home. It seems to have been precipitated by my exploration of F-150's at Ford.com and may also reflect that I was a current Ford owner (Taurus) before purchasing the truck. Hope this is helpful.
  • CORRECTION: that was a new 2007 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 Supercab, not Supecrew.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,012
    A local U.S. newspaper is looking to interview buyers who recently purchased a half-ton truck and understand what factors you considered before making your purchase. If you are interested in being interviewed, please send an email to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Tuesday, February 6, 2007 containing your daytime contact information.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• I also live in Phx Az. What dealership was that, that you dealt with? I have found Sanderson Ford so far to be the best in beating there competition on various models.
  • Washgington State:
    I bought a new 2006 4x4 Extended Cab F-150 for $23,900 a few days after Christmas on the X-plan.

5.4L V8, Tow Pkg, Sliding Rear Window, 6 Disc/MP3, adjustable pedals.

I am happy with it. But I did have the wobble that everyone is talking about. Took it back to the dealer after 750 miles to balance the tire, and they said they couldn't balance them they were so bad. So they got me 4 new ones and no problems since. They are the "General Ameritrac" tires.
  • tcopetcope Posts: 1
    Wondering if this was in "okay" price. I know it's not a great deal. I don't mind if told it was not a good deal:

2006 F150 FX with 9,700 miles (used)
    5.4 flex Fuel Engine
    20" Aluminum Wheels
    3.73 limited slip axle
    Towing package
    Audiophile package
    6-disc CD changer
    Chrome Step bar
    Power sliding rear window
    Overhead Rail Bin
    FX4 Luxury Package
    Power Pedals
    Heated side mirrors
    A\Electronic temp controls
    Heated and powered drivers and pass seats
    Leather trim captains chairs

Basically I paid $28,627 but I traded in a vehicle that was worth $800-$1000 (not including the fact that it leaked water from the radiator into the engine and water needed to be added every other day) and they "gave" me $2000. So I would say I paid about $27,627 for the truck.

Sticker Price when new: $39,865.00

Edmonds Listing (as "clean" but truck was _perfect_)
    Dealer Trade in: $27,397
    Dealer Retail: $32,084
  • parkyparky Posts: 20
    I dont think that's a bad deal. I paid $25K for an 05 w/ 10K miles. Were heated seats an option in 06, not avail in 05. The only option I did not get were the power pedals. However, in addition my truck had power moon roof and backup sensors.

Also, purch from a private owner, and saved on the conveyance fee $120-$350.

Enjoy your truck!! Hopefully, you dont have to fill up the tank that much. Oh, use cruise control as much as possible, for some fuel savings. I have varied 1/2 hwy 1/2 rual at 13-15.5 in New England.