Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda RX-8 Owners - Meet the Members

Comments

• carlikercarliker Posts: 285
    Congratulations on your new purchase! Well, every auto magazine that I've come across (and those that other posters here have read) have come to the same conclusion that you did. The RX-8 is just a flat out better vehicle than the 350Z. Nothing feels better than getting the exact car you want at the exact price you demanded. What makes the RX-8 so great is that it really isn't a car with a direct demographic. You have teens that love it and you have seniors that love it. Have fun and don't take the curves too fast!
  • what carliker said!...Welcome to the Rotary Rebellion! and I also agree that the stock stereo is quite nice!
  • Hi Everyone...FlatpickHippster here...I'm 39 yrs old and I've had my RX8 since Oct. I'm loving it.
    I'm single, never married, play/sing in a bluegrass band, The Brown Liquor Pickers (www.brownliquorpickers.com), for fun and design and configure SAP software for $$ and toys. My first 2 new cars were Mustang GT's and adjusting to this hi-rev engine has been a big change.
    I look forward to many years of driving this excellent machine. I hope it holds up as well as the Fords did. I had very little trouble with my Mustangs. Best to you all!
    FPH
  • Just turned over 2700 miles on my red RX-8. Bought the boss ride with 718 on it so if my calculations are correct, I put 2000 on it since August.
    I don't drive it much as it's so tough and groovy looking it's dangerous on the road. Sometimes I'm not sure if everyoneis looking at the cool car, or the cool guy driving it.
    (both car and it's driver are completely hot!!!)

Chicks dig me, guys want to be me, and it seems other cars want to be the RX-8. Exceptions are the GT40's, Saleen's, and Vipers but they cannot even attempt to say they are practical.
    Cool older family guys like me always make the cool, practical choice and that's why I bought the RX-8.

Took a salty winter drive today as snow was melted but did not like the salt dust etc. Had to wash when I got home and it's back to it's sweet self again.
    This car drives so very nice, fast, smooth, and handles curves great.(better than me almost!!!)
    (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)

Well gotta go I guess, my wife is looking over my shoulder.
  • Despite some nit-picky problems (which I got blasted by regulars for posting on the problems/solutions board!), I love my red 8 with the spoiler. There's also a black one and a silver one which park where I work; I'll have to find out who the other owners are.

Mine's the only one I've seen with a car seat in the back. My 3-year-old loves the car too. Whenever I ask him which car to go in, he picks Daddy's car over Mommy's SUV, even though he can't see out the back windows. The kid already recognizes cool.
  • the_big_hthe_big_h Posts: 1,583
    the kid just knows which car is more fun to ride in, aka the 'zoom zoom' feel ;-)
  • PFFlyer@EdmundsPFFlyer@Edmunds Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,808
    That time again...

Mazda Mania

Welcome to the Mazda Mania Weekly Chat!

Liven up your evening and join your fellow enthusiasts every Tuesday from 6-7pm PT/9-10pm ET for our Mazda Mania Chat!

We'll be testing your knowledge with some automotive trivia questions as well, so be prepared! Hope to see YOU there on Tuesday!

Mazda Mania Chat Room

PF Flyer
    Host
    Pickups & News & Views Message Boards

PFFlyer@Edmunds

Moderator - Hatchbacks & Hybrid Vehicles

• blondieblondie Posts: 9
    I live in a little town outside of Orlando, and so far, I have the only RX8.
    I have black, GT 6 speed. I call it my Batmobile.
    I got 2 tickets the first 10 days I owned it.
    Need I say more?
  • cheezeboycheezeboy Posts: 218
    Welcome to the forum!!

ok...when I get to MouseWorld, I will look out for the "Batmobile"......and those ramps on Disney property are 'amazing' in the RX8....ah...<cough>...um...ah...not that I PERSONALLY was breaking the law on Disney land...umm..<cough>....not me.....really...

;-)
  • jdkrenjdkren Posts: 1
    I'm having a hard time deciding what color exterior and interior I should get. I narrowed down the exterior colors to Red, Titanium or black. Does anyone know what the best color is as far as resale value down the road. This will be my third car for two drivers and I'm not sure how long I will be able to keep it. Also, in NY we have to have license plates on the front of the car as well as on the back. The location of the front plates unfortunately is in the middle of the grill. Does anyone know of an alternative? Thanks
  • Move to Delaware, no front plate needed....
  • pathstar1pathstar1 Posts: 1,015
    If you examine the front grill closely, you'll note most of it is fake - ie closed off. The RX-8 gets most of it's air from below the grill.
    It's Tuesday, so it's Mazda chat time again. Drag a friend along tonight!

Mazda Mania

Welcome to the Mazda Mania Weekly Chat!

Liven up your evening and join your fellow enthusiasts every Tuesday from 6-7pm PT/9-10pm ET for our Mazda Mania Chat!
    The chat room opens 15 minutes before the scheduled chat time, so come early and get a good seat! Hope to see YOU there on Tuesday!

Mazda Mania Chat Room

PF Flyer
    Host

PFFlyer@Edmunds

• brihambriham Posts: 33
    My first car out of college was an RX7, Red, very nice. My third car was an RX7 convertible. I like the RX8 the most though, they've refined this car a lot.

Here is a VIDEO of a hot lap on Laguna Seca's track

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPage.action?pageParameter=- bod&sectionParameter=rx8_activity
    every Tuesday we have have a chat based on a Mazda platform (although we do tend to wander to all kinds of subjects) where you can meet and greet your fellow forum members. Hope to see YOU there tonight!

PF Flyer
    Host

The MAZDA chat is on TONIGHT. Stop in for a holiday visit! Check out the schedule

PFFlyer@Edmunds

• They are a very nice and fun car for the money. I would tell anyone to get one. I have mine for about 1 year now and I love. Just recently put on a performance exhaust, cold air intake, a veilside body kit and a cowl inducted carbonfiber hood.
  • dwb8dwb8 Posts: 1
    Just want to say hi to all the rx8 owners and fans around the world. I just bought my black '05 M/T with G/T pkg and appearence pkg. I couldn't be happier. driving this car makes me feel like I'm 16 again.
  • cheezeboycheezeboy Posts: 218
    Welcome! Enjoy the gang...we don't bite...much...

And if you had a car like the RX8 when you were 16, you were very lucky!!

(I had a oh-so-sexy Chevette!! LOL!)
  • secondcitysecondcity Posts: 28
    Bought my pearl white 05 RX8 on april 29. I opted for the Touring package. I did not want the navigation system because I would prefer to get lost in this car. It is so damn fun to drive!
    After owning a 93 Toyota MR2 turbo back in college (12 short years ago) and a "03 Celica GTS, I finally realized that those 2 cars were "pretenders." The Celica lacked "cahonas" under 6000 RPMs and it took a lifetime to hit 60mph (7 sec+). The MR2 Turbo was fun but impractical, and it lacked the horsepower of the X.
    The Rx8 is a thrill to drive. It handles like a sports car should. People complain about lack of torque-but the X is still quick -and it gets you to what ever speed you want to - in a hurry. Gas hog? Yes -there are better gas mileage cars, but the thrill of the ride puts your concerns to rest. You don't buy this car for the gas mileage-you buy it because you have always wanted something special and something different from anything else you have owned. You will laugh your rear end off as you take corners at 55mph when most cars wipe out at 40mph. It handles and corners like no other car I have driven- and it drives very smooth at speeds of 90+.
    Yeah, I know, I haven't driven too many exotic sports cars. Lambo and Ferrari were "just a tad" out of my range, but my BMW buddies agree that the car handles and performs just as good as their 3's and 5's (excluding the 545i).
    Finally-there is the cool factor involving the "looks and style" of the car. People notice it. Best of all-there are not too many RX8's on the road -so your car does stand out. I love it. Treat it right,-warm it up,-check the oil,-and it won't bite you back. Rev on!
  • tjjjr2tjjjr2 Posts: 4
    About 2 months ago I had an urge to get a toy. Just coming out of winter so I wanted to hit Spring running.
    After many driving experiences with many 2 seat sports cars from all makes I fell in love with a 2004 Titanium metalic grey GT package 8 with 9600 miles. It was an impulse and I did zero research other than a 2 hour test drive on every highway, back road, curve that I could find. Worked the tach to the max, took her to 130 and tried to break her loose on many a tight curve. Filled it up to check the MPG and took it home. Since then I only had her out a few times. Stays in the garage until I get home and the sun is up. I feel 140 mile round trips to work each day will wear her out. Of course the few nice weekends we had, we were together all day. It did not come with any service papers or stickers for TSB's. With a build date of July 03 I will probably take it in and have all things checked or need to run the VIN to see whats in the database.