Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda RX-8 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1242526272830»

Comments

• rhesterrhester Posts: 29
    I've had my eye on two cars. One RX-8 and a Mazdaspeed3. For the 3 the dealer is not budging from $2.5k over MSRP.

For the RX-8, an 06 Shinka package the dealer wants over $30k for it AFTER the 3k rebate. It Blue Books at $28,250 which is what I offered. You'd think they'd want to get rid of it. Ah well, maybe I'll broaden my search into Northern Cal. I'm in no hurry.

Is there a list of Mazda dealers anywhere? The Mazdausa.com site only lists those dealers within 150 miles and even then it seems to miss some.
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    I've had my eye on two cars. One RX-8 and a Mazdaspeed3. For the 3 the dealer is not budging from $2.5k over MSRP.

If the thing books for 28200 in kelly and nada books, its highly unlikely they'll let go of it for that. However you do want about 8-9k off a higher end model, and if thats where it is.....

--jjf

For the RX-8, an 06 Shinka package the dealer wants over $30k for it AFTER the 3k rebate. It Blue Books at $28,250 which is what I offered. You'd think they'd want to get rid of it. Ah well, maybe I'll broaden my search into Northern Cal. I'm in no hurry.

Is there a list of Mazda dealers anywhere? The Mazdausa.com site only lists those dealers within 150 miles and even then it seems to miss some.
  • p996p996 Posts: 56
    Hi carman and everyone else!

I am looking to lease an 07 touring auto for 24 months with 10k miles a year.

Is it possible to get the current rates?

Also, did anyone manage to get an 07 touring for around 27k or so? Looking to get as much off MSRP as possible.
  • tslbmwtslbmw Posts: 166
    The dealership closest to my house has 13 RX8s (11 '07s & 2 AT '06s). I'm leaning towards a red 6MT '07 Touring model with no options.

Here's what I would like to pay:
    MSRP: $30,130
    Edmunds Inv: $27,913
    Customer Cash & MAC Cash: $2500
    Offering price: $25413 + TTL & $189 processing fee

Do you guys think that is realistic (invoice - rebates = price). The dealership still makes their holdback and processing fee. The RX8s don't seem to be flying off the lots, so this seems possible. Any thoughts?
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    The 06s were moving for 8k off MSRP last year (the 30k model) so....

Go run the price of a used 06 RX8 with 15000 miles equipped as you want on nada.com kbb.com and edmunds.com. Take the average of the lowest 2 wholesale prices in excellent condition and add 15-20%. That is your target range for a new 07.

--jjf

The dealership closest to my house has 13 RX8s (11 '07s & 2 AT '06s). I'm leaning towards a red 6MT '07 Touring model with no options.

Here's what I would like to pay:
    MSRP: $30,130
    Edmunds Inv: $27,913
    Customer Cash & MAC Cash: $2500
    Offering price: $25413 + TTL & $189 processing fee

Do you guys think that is realistic (invoice - rebates = price). The dealership still makes their holdback and processing fee. The RX8s don't seem to be flying off the lots, so this seems possible. Any thoughts?
  • gforce11gforce11 Posts: 225
    I don't see why not. I know Mustang GTs are going for invoice + rebates easily. Plus I don't see them moving them out of the lots very quickly. I think your best bet is to shoot the dealership's internet/fleet and email dept and see if they are willing to do it. It'll save you a trip in case they won't consider it.
  • izz11izz11 Posts: 1
    >> I'm planning on purchasing a used 2004 rx-8 with navigation.

Its listed for $12,500 @ 83k miles NADA has it priced at $11,000
    This is the listing on autotrader.

>> It has 83k miles average of 16.7k a year. This is my only real concern with the car.

>> The Carfax is clean with 8 service records reported. No recalls that have been an issue with most 04's are reported. I went to go see it in person and it does look to be in great condition cosmetically

>> Im not sure what trim it is but i think its the GT, maybe someone could help me identify the trim in the pics?

>>Id just like some opinions if this is a good value and more importantly is the mileage ok? as the price isn't to much of a concern i can afford it but id hate to be ripped off a 1000 dollars.
  • Hello, There are a few new R3s sitting on local dealers' lots. All on the back line, some covered in tree sap and cob webs. Trying to learn the right price on this car. Any thoughts, strategies or experiences are much appreciated. Thanks!
  • mejazzmejazz Posts: 6
    edited April 2012
    Hi, anyone bought one of the last 2011s in 2012? Wondering what kind of deal you got. I got one silver 6MT Sport for $22.5+TTL which might have been a bit more than could be haggled for.